Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 340765 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »
The only way to fix that show is upping the quality of guests.
Anyone can spew a good wish guest list...Jeremy Klein, Ronnie Bertino, Stranger, Smolik,Kareem and Chico would be mine.

I'd want to see Willy Santos, Daewon Song, Steve Van Doren, Steve Olson (Crazy Monk), a better Louie Barletta (the first episodes felt lackluster), Chris Pastras, Jason Lee.

gyros4heroes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:36 AM »
The nine club is fine. There's at least one good guest every month and its not like the rest are not interesting. It is quite easy to listen to and they have a good dynamic. Also Ronnie Sandoval's episode was sick so i dont think anything is up with the 9club

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »
I've said it before, but it went down hill (in my books) when they tried to make a living off of it. Its like a paid advertisement now. Pals questions is way better.

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
they cant hit a bullseye every time, and they cant please all the people all the time either.  Sure I've skipped through a few recent episodes but the Ragdoll interview was decent.....and the Dom Deluca episode posted this week is very entertaining, especially seeing as he is unable to self edit......makes a nice change to hear someone let rip.  Having said that they do need to pull out some big guns occasionally........but I think it would be a mistake to start having actors or musicians on.....

butt

• Rep: 4
  • i am butt.
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »
to me, the nine club feels a bit inauthentic at times. almost like they've listened to gary vee a few too many times and saw a hole in the industry and an opportunity for a cash grab.

i get they all love skateboarding, and not trying to discredit that. but the last thing skateboarding needs is another media channel pulling punches too scared to piss off their sponsors.

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2020, 02:13:08 PM »
I've said it before, but it went down hill (in my books) when they tried to make a living off of it. Its like a paid advertisement now. Pals questions is way better.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
they cant hit a bullseye every time, and they cant please all the people all the time either.  Sure I've skipped through a few recent episodes but the Ragdoll interview was decent.....and the Dom Deluca episode posted this week is very entertaining, especially seeing as he is unable to self edit......makes a nice change to hear someone let rip.  Having said that they do need to pull out some big guns occasionally........but I think it would be a mistake to start having actors or musicians on.....
People here just do not like the fakeness. we like authenticity all skateboarders do that is why we way in so heavy when we are compared to sports and shit like that.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2020, 02:20:06 PM »
They fucked up by making it weekly and not having seasons. They're chasing content constantly and I think that's why half their guests are sub par

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2020, 07:56:41 PM »
I just want the goddamn Sheffey interview they alluded to.

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2020, 08:06:56 PM »
It has its problems, but I certainly don’t want it to go away. I listen to pretty much all the interviews. There’s only a couple that I haven’t seen. I’m older though, so I know more of the guests, than a younger guy. I also have a broad range of interests, so I’m okay when the conversations aren’t 100% skating based. The only thing that bugs me sometimes, is Roger’s tendency to be a spaz, and my inability to always make out what he’s saying. He’s kind of a marble-mouth sometimes.

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2020, 08:08:08 PM »
a better Louie Barletta

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2020, 08:21:23 PM »
The only time these are any good are when the guests carry the interview. A good interviewer can get good copy out of nearly anyone. Not these cunts*. I can't listen to a full episode anymore, despite rampantly ingesting most skate media.

*I honestly don't mind them as people (besides Shitbird Christ), they just can't do this properly.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:49 AM »
The only time these are any good are when the guests carry the interview. A good interviewer can get good copy out of nearly anyone. Not these cunts*. I can't listen to a full episode anymore, despite rampantly ingesting most skate media.

*I honestly don't mind them as people (besides Shitbird Christ), they just can't do this properly.

I concur. Mr Roberts is always derailing the flow with some tangential throw-away comment.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2020, 04:51:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I concur. Mr Roberts is always derailing the flow with some tangential throw-away comment.
Lol yea...

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2020, 06:00:39 AM »
They fucked up by making it weekly and not having seasons. They're chasing content constantly and I think that's why half their guests are sub par

Maybe they will shift to bi weekly episodes in the future? In a few more years they will have interviewed most of the industry. Will they resort to repeat guests which wouldn't make sense unless it's bringing back the newer gen.
The experience will hold them afloat though.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2020, 08:29:01 AM »
I quit listening to the experience. It was becoming unbearable, but when they were breaking down a connect 4 game... that was it. Still enjoy the regular show when the guest is on point. Definitely appreciate the work they put in for the show.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2020, 08:49:08 AM »
I like the experience when I'm lonely

Some cringe moments but they actually have some insight (some times)

Chris has definitely never been checked on the street. The way he speaks proves it.. Over all, more legitimate/dominant guests make it worth watching
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:38 AM »

This. Even if they just switched over to every other week at this point, they would be essentially doubling their life span. They could do the Experience show on the odd weeks to avoid a lack of content.

The Silver Arrow

• Rep: 4
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2020, 04:10:45 PM »

Nine Club taking a break because of positive 'rona tests from those close.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2020, 04:14:07 PM »
the show that doesn't have skaters talking for a few weeks

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2020, 04:21:34 PM »

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »
It has to be kelly right lol

thingsthingsthings

• Rep: 32
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2020, 07:08:30 PM »
they're so devastated kelly went on the bunt they have to watch the switch flip manny for a few weeks in private.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2020, 08:56:23 AM »
The fact that they spend so much time at the crowded ass Venice Beach where nobody wears a mask, I'm surprised all of them don't have COVID.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »

Nine Club taking a break because of positive 'rona tests from those close.

This is a bunch of bs. Something has been going on with these guys for awhile and they are just using covid as an excuse. Because who would question that? They didn't even put up a post  or anything saying there wouldn't be an episode last week like they've done in the past. But yet they still had an experience episode minus Kelly. I have a long commute so yeah I'll play it until they start watching videos. That's lame AF for podcast listeners. ha.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2020, 09:26:35 AM »
Now I can catch up on the backlog of Bunt episodes in the meantime

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2020, 09:55:12 AM »
I’m not the biggest 9 club fan and def have ran my mouth in the past. I do like the stop and chats quite a bit and more than regular eps. And refuse to listen to the experience but...

I think it’s solid that they are sorting their shit out to make sure everyone is safe before continuing. Even if this is a lie. (Which I doubt cause crob seems to take this seriously as everyone should) they go heavy with no off season let them have time off.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
I hope we can get a Rad Rat interview

celery man

• Rep: -16
  • thanks cinco
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2020, 10:26:34 AM »
Unpopular Opinion: Like his self-admitted hero Howard Stern, Crob is a self centered interviewer. Eldy is boring AF, Steezus is milquetoast, and Kelly is too happy-to-be-there. Roger and the guests are why people watch.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
Unpopular Opinion: Like his self-admitted hero Howard Stern, Crob is a self centered interviewer. Eldy is boring AF, Steezus is milquetoast, and Kelly is too happy-to-be-there. Roger and the guests are why people watch.

That opinion is not entirely unpopular round here bub
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog