Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367030 times)

Sketch Hitchcock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 175
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #870 on: January 16, 2023, 08:56:36 PM »
Had an episode of the Experience on because I like pain, and saw them watch Bryan Corria’s part.  They all spent long drawn out minutes wondering why he doesn’t have a board sponsor and how he should be on Chocolate maybe, totally missing that he’s on The Heated Wheel.  I get that there’s a lot of skaters out there, but it could be worth doing minimal research (say, looking through their first six or so instagram posts) on a skater before reviewing their part and publishing to the web.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #871 on: January 16, 2023, 09:10:24 PM »
Had an episode of the Experience on because I like pain, and saw them watch Bryan Corria’s part.  They all spent long drawn out minutes wondering why he doesn’t have a board sponsor and how he should be on Chocolate maybe, totally missing that he’s on The Heated Wheel.  I get that there’s a lot of skaters out there, but it could be worth doing minimal research (say, looking through their first six or so instagram posts) on a skater before reviewing their part and publishing to the web.

The nine clubs target demo has never heard of the heated wheel.

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #872 on: January 17, 2023, 03:18:55 AM »
looks like there is a (full family?) Bam episode coming..

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #873 on: January 17, 2023, 03:25:39 AM »

Please happen
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

ChipSuey

• Rep: 26
« Reply #874 on: January 17, 2023, 04:59:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Something about this dude has always rubbed me the wrong way…

Some interesting stories though
[close]

Just another bitter soul in skating, I have been out on sessions with him and this is 100 percent him. No act for the pod. Definitely do not envy his job, couldn't imagine dealing with that many adults that act like entitled children.

He also gets props for the Ronnie Gordon line toward the end.
[close]

Ronnie really lives in this dude's head rent free
[close]

I finally got around to listening to this one (well most of it) and oh my god Vern Laird is salty af. In a way it's kind of incredible that California hasn't smoothed out any of his east coast angst - it's almost like he's doubled down instead.

Is there a time stamp approx for the Ronnie Gordon thing? Early/mid90's South Jersey/Philly was my scene and I still keep up with what Ronnie's got going on, so this has me curious.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #875 on: January 17, 2023, 05:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Something about this dude has always rubbed me the wrong way…

Some interesting stories though
[close]

Just another bitter soul in skating, I have been out on sessions with him and this is 100 percent him. No act for the pod. Definitely do not envy his job, couldn't imagine dealing with that many adults that act like entitled children.

He also gets props for the Ronnie Gordon line toward the end.
[close]

Ronnie really lives in this dude's head rent free
[close]

I finally got around to listening to this one (well most of it) and oh my god Vern Laird is salty af. In a way it's kind of incredible that California hasn't smoothed out any of his east coast angst - it's almost like he's doubled down instead.
[close]

Is there a time stamp approx for the Ronnie Gordon thing? Early/mid90's South Jersey/Philly was my scene and I still keep up with what Ronnie's got going on, so this has me curious.

2 hours 30 minutes, talking about the people that don't belong entering Tampa Pro and roasting them as the MC
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #876 on: January 17, 2023, 05:18:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Please happen

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 09:01:03 AM by KGB »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Mallie

• Rep: 42
« Reply #877 on: January 17, 2023, 05:43:34 AM »
Oh, brother...
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #878 on: January 17, 2023, 05:48:35 AM »
"Huh. It says here in my notes you used to skate. That's cool. How did you meet Steve-O?"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #879 on: January 17, 2023, 09:40:56 AM »
Man...I am hoping everyone gets to talk in that episode but I am not sure how they can manage to do that without pausing and switching headphones all the time. Kind of crazy to say how I grew up knowing this family from CYK to Jackass to Bam's show on MTV.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #880 on: January 17, 2023, 10:29:57 AM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the recent Andrew Huberman episode. Lot's of good advice in there. I use his psychological sigh multiple times a day to alleviate stress. Also been incorporating the cold showers in the morning and after skate sessions and it's been working out great.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #881 on: January 17, 2023, 10:35:01 AM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the recent Andrew Huberman episode. Lot's of good advice in there. I use his psychological sigh multiple times a day to alleviate stress. Also been incorporating the cold showers in the morning and after skate sessions and it's been working out great.

You should watch the first episode he was on there as well if you haven’t already. Lots more of the same kinda advice.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #882 on: January 17, 2023, 10:46:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should watch the first episode he was on there as well if you haven’t already. Lots more of the same kinda advice.

That episode was great as well. I remember randomly coming across that interview that Karl Watson did with him on Jenkem months before he ended up on the Nine Club and being blown away by his remarks on muscle memory. It's refreshing to see someone with a skateboarding background (although minimal) achieve that level of respect/success in academia.

Bucketguy

• Rep: 16
« Reply #883 on: January 17, 2023, 10:47:38 AM »
Dr. Phil to the nine club. He’s still got it!!

Clearly I’m joking, I haven’t listened to a nine club in probably a year but I’ll probably tune in to that train wreck

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #884 on: January 17, 2023, 11:54:37 AM »
Hearing beagle say if you put it out every week it becomes watered down made me lol.

Just listened to this at work and while entertaining bc it's beagle nothing really to write home about except the fact he mentioned they're working on Baker has a Deathwish 2 with full parts from Casper, Max, Reynolds, Brian Odwyer and Foy.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #885 on: January 17, 2023, 12:00:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Hearing beagle say if you put it out every week it becomes watered down made me lol.
[close]

Just listened to this at work and while entertaining bc it's beagle nothing really to write home about except the fact he mentioned they're working on Baker has a Deathwish 2 with full parts from Casper, Max, Reynolds, Brian Odwyer and Foy.

He also mentions that he’s realized he’s fried then proceeds to put some healthy vitamin water stuff in his giant glass of freshly aerated wine and drinks it.
It was decent.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #886 on: January 17, 2023, 12:24:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He also mentions that he’s realized he’s fried then proceeds to put some healthy vitamin water stuff in his giant glass of freshly aerated wine and drinks it.
It was decent.
Lol, I think he was too hard on himself about filming the same clip with different skaters. After filming so much it’d be easy to forget who did what and where. That’s why I always love seeing clips from new spots/cities outside of California.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #887 on: January 17, 2023, 04:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was decent.
I got as far as “pew pew, two times for the homies” or some shit.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #888 on: January 17, 2023, 04:07:20 PM »

How lame
Could you imagine being asked this question and answering it sincerely?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #889 on: January 17, 2023, 04:20:59 PM »

How lame

Which surgery did he have?

If it has anything to do with weight bearing joints, I'd say it's not a lame question.

If it's toe or tummy surgery, I can see your point.
The streets await

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #890 on: January 17, 2023, 04:23:12 PM »
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

Which surgery did he have? If it has anything to do with weight bearing joints, I'd say it's not a lame question. If it's toe or tummy surgery, I can see your point.

If I remember correctly it was back surgery. I don’t know the invasiveness or extent tho.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #891 on: January 17, 2023, 04:25:02 PM »
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Which surgery did he have? If it has anything to do with weight bearing joints, I'd say it's not a lame question. If it's toe or tummy surgery, I can see your point.

I believe it was back surgery. Back issues suck

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #892 on: January 17, 2023, 04:26:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

[close]

If I remember correctly it was back surgery. I don’t know the invasiveness or extent tho.

Okay, back surgery is serious business. Completely invasive and changes a lot about range of motion, not being able to slam as hard anymore, etc.
The streets await

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
« Reply #893 on: January 17, 2023, 05:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

[close]

[close]

Okay, back surgery is serious business. Completely invasive and changes a lot about range of motion, not being able to slam as hard anymore, etc.

Yeah but how is his injury relevant to skateboarding? The dude probably did his back from his warehouse job or whatever this motherfucker does before sliming his way into the 9 club.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: January 17, 2023, 06:03:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah but how is his injury relevant to skateboarding? The dude probably did his back from his warehouse job or whatever this motherfucker does before sliming his way into the 9 club.

He fucked his back up skating. I totally get disliking 9 club and steezus but that’s why it’s relevant.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #895 on: January 17, 2023, 06:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He fucked his back up skating. I totally get disliking 9 club and steezus but that’s why it’s relevant.

The issue is he didn't come back from the surgery and continued to push his limits. He just quit skating, which is the exact opposite

jigga42

• Rep: -2
« Reply #896 on: January 17, 2023, 06:41:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The issue is he didn't come back from the surgery and continued to push his limits. He just quit skating, which is the exact opposite

There is no issue you’re just being a straight up dickhead lol

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #897 on: January 17, 2023, 11:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How lame
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t understand the ignorance when it comes to the question of “why is he here” he’s literally just a homie that got a spot on a podcast. He doesn’t have a pro board, he’s not taking money from anyone in the industry, he’s just a friend. We all have those. Shane Heyl is a homie that got lucky and here he is making money from shake junt and had a pro board. Where’s the concern for that? Is there none because he said “red on red gutta”? Anyway it’s never that deep.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #898 on: January 18, 2023, 02:18:13 AM »
Coming back from a back injury is serious business. An injury higher up the spine might heal properly, and it might fully be possible to skate again.

But in the lower-back? Forget about it.

Literally none of my homies were ever the same again after lower-back injuries, let alone after their surgeries ...

One of my best friends was very good and is in constant pain while skating now. He only skates low-impact and flatground now, and even that is painful.

PS: I have nothing against that "Steezus" guy as a person, but I do think his nickname literally is the worst ever.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #899 on: January 18, 2023, 02:20:45 AM »
Coming back from a back injury is serious business. An injury higher up the spine might heal properly, and it might fully be possible to skate again.

But in the lower-back? Forget about it.

Literally none of my homies were ever the same again after lower-back injuries, let alone after their surgeries ...

One of my best friends was very good and is in constant pain while skating now. He only skates low-impact and flatground now, and even that is painful.

I can vouch for everything you said here. I'm in the same boat as your friend.
The streets await