Author Topic: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?  (Read 41995 times)

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 07:48:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
NB# 420s tho
[close]

Where can you get those? They seem to be sold out everywhere.
[close]
I have a pair of these, they are comfy but def not 5E width.
[close]

I found the 913 much roomier than the 420. Really square toebox.
[close]

Just ordered a pair on the internet. I only realized afterwards they were coming from Spain. Who knows when they will arrive. Damn, I hope no one coughs on them.

They actually aren't that wide. I can make them work, but my toes hurt! They also do not last very well. I have had to use alot of shoe goo. And they are pretty much done after 20 sessions. I do feel kind of bad about that coughing remark I made.

I put on my facemask and went to the reopened street mall to find a new pair of shoes. I tried on way to many pairs and most of them were too narrow. I found a few shoes that fit though: the adidas rivalry shoes have a pretty wide toe box. I can definitely recommend them if you are into skate shoes that have a thicker sole.

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/adidas-Rivalry-Original-Shoes-EE5921/dp/B07WXN7QG9/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=adidas+rivalry&qid=1590244813&sr=8-4

These were also fairly wide, but the sole was a bit to thin for me.
https://www.amazon.com/-/de/Trainer-Sneakers-Ponderosa-Pine-Puma-White-Puma/dp/B07DC24JY7/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=puma+icra+sd&qid=1590244708&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B07KRX9XRG/ref=twister_B083GH8LLT?th=1

I ended up buying the adidas daily 2.0. They also have wider toe box and just felt very comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/adidas-Daily-Sneaker-Black-White/dp/B07233JC3H/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=adidas%2Bdaily&qid=1590244269&sr=8-1&th=1

skateboardstickerz

• Rep: -1
  • Providing the best stickers to customize your deck
    • www.skateboardstickerz.com avatar image
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 08:03:38 PM »
Globes
Feel like your deck needs some customization? Order some stickers at www.skateboardstickerz.com

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »
My Kalis OG’s are too wide for me to skate.

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 06:12:08 AM »
I just bought the es Evant shoe. It is pretty much a remake of the old Koston 3s. The shoe is pretty wide.

New School Flow

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 12:27:45 PM »
Is the Evant as wide as the OG Accel?

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 02:12:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes! this is more like what my foot is actually shaped like!

is this shoe not out yet???
[close]
thinking around July

Damn that’s hyp, best looking NB i’ve seen in decades

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
dc kalis og kinda wide

shayom
Yeah this one is actually kinda wide. I haven’t skated mine much tho, they fit me a little too long.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2020, 10:16:43 AM »
I just bought the es Evant shoe. It is pretty much a remake of the old Koston 3s. The shoe is pretty wide.

I bought some too, they're hella wide. I'd say pretty close to the Accel OG.

That eS tribo that came out a earlier in the year was pretty wide, i heard that's supposed to drop next month again but as a normal seasonal drop instead of a special release

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2020, 01:05:34 AM »
If you know somewhere near you that stocks Straye shoes (and you don't care that some people will think you're a kook for wearing them), then you could try the Venice. I know a guy with the craziest wide hobbit feet and he's on his fifth pair of those shoes because he can't find anything else that fits without having to go up two sizes. There's a lowtop version too.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2020, 05:19:35 AM »
If you know somewhere near you that stocks Straye shoes (and you don't care that some people will think you're a kook for wearing them), then you could try the Venice. I know a guy with the craziest wide hobbit feet and he's on his fifth pair of those shoes because he can't find anything else that fits without having to go up two sizes. There's a lowtop version too.

Stanley is the Straye shoe that I recommend  in most of the wide shoes threads and the Venice was nicely wide for me too.
Both are very comfy and wider than many other shoes on the market.
They also skated as good as all other vulcs I’ve skated and lasted almost just as long.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 12:04:47 AM »
I have super wide feet as well, I need  EE's at minimum.
Using some of the advice on this thread I just ordered 4 different size 12 models from Zappo's because my local shop still ain't opened.....
Here are my findings:

New Globe Appleyard Mahalo: best looking of the bunch and I love the ollie pad but a little too narrow at the tip.

New Balance 574 All Coasts: Widest toe box and most comfortable out the box but I passed 'em up because the synthetic mesh fabric did not look like it could take much griptape abuse before shredding into fuzz. I tried so hard to score EE skate NBs via their websites and zappo's but no luck.

Etnies Marana: almost as wide and comfy as the NB 574, easily stretched overnight with some bunched up socks. Sole is stiff at first and does not give great boardfeel but I don't need it for my old-guy skating which is limited to curbs and bowls.

Etnies Joslin  though better looking than the Marana they were just a bit narrower, plus they don't protect against tetanus.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
I have super wide feet as well, I need  EE's at minimum.
Using some of the advice on this thread I just ordered 4 different size 12 models from Zappo's because my local shop still ain't opened.....
Here are my findings:

New Globe Appleyard Mahalo: best looking of the bunch and I love the ollie pad but a little too narrow at the tip.

New Balance 574 All Coasts: Widest toe box and most comfortable out the box but I passed 'em up because the synthetic mesh fabric did not look like it could take much griptape abuse before shredding into fuzz. I tried so hard to score EE skate NBs via their websites and zappo's but no luck.

Etnies Marana: almost as wide and comfy as the NB 574, easily stretched overnight with some bunched up socks. Sole is stiff at first and does not give great boardfeel but I don't need it for my old-guy skating which is limited to curbs and bowls.

Etnies Joslin  though better looking than the Marana they were just a bit narrower, plus they don't protect against tetanus.

I am skating the ES Silos right now and they are perfect for my feet. They fit like Lakai Telfords and Nike Dunks if those worked for you.

Also, the Straye Venice are not as wide as the Vans Sk8-Hi pro. Those are the nicest toe box but there is no heal lock and the soles are so thin I can only wear them on ramp, but the board feel is great.

I wear size 12 in all these if it helps. I don’t believe in sizing down or up. If the 12 won’t fit it wasn’t meant to be.

skateboarder4life

• Rep: 2
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 02:51:42 PM »
Any updates on new skates shoes with an actually wide toe box? Still waiting and hoping for something that will fit

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 05:52:18 PM »
Idk if it's abnormally wide but I like the Chukka.

I got a new pair the other day.  They got a new insole and we're a little tighter than my last pair for an hr or two but now they are nice.

My feet are small short and square af. My toes are permanently throwing up gang signs from my childhood kicks.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 06:40:37 PM »
Any updates on new skates shoes with an actually wide toe box? Still waiting and hoping for something that will fit

Have you tried the adidas matchbreak as someone recommended? Went to check some shoes today, they were by far the widest shoes i saw as far as toebox, also pretty cheap

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2021, 08:33:46 PM »
Adidas Matchbreaks get my vote also, every wide footer should atleast check them out

DillsDarts

• Rep: -19
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2021, 06:39:51 AM »
Vans rowans... I have a weirdly wide foot, to the point where in different brands I'm completely different sizes (cons= 7 cons hi tops=7.5 vans slips = 8 vans hi tops=7 vans old skool=8 vans crocketts=7.5) I got some fucked feet lolol... BUt 10000000% stand behind the rowans, really wide toebox compared to the skate hi I found it more roomy (wiggle room on my toes)..... I have this problem normally becvause of my wide feet, but I found the rowans a bit tight around my arch for at max 1-2 sessions then it completely broke in..... Not only is it a wide fat toe box, but that fuckin toe is thicccccc, I normally blow thru vans toes looong before the sole but I barely put a dent into the rowans toes before blowing out the sole (maybe because ive been skating more tranny lately) Anyway, rant done I FUCK WITH THE ROWANS HEAVY & MY WIDE FOOT BOI'S SHOULD TOO SAVED MY SHIT!!! 
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2021, 07:17:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Stanley is the Straye shoe that I recommend  in most of the wide shoes threads and the Venice was nicely wide for me too.
They also skated as good as all other vulcs I’ve skated and lasted almost just as long.

I had the state venice, and I threw them out cause they were to narrow.  this was 2 or 3 years ago, it's possible they've re-adjust the sizing since then

fakie varial flip

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I had the state venice, and I threw them out cause they were to narrow.  this was 2 or 3 years ago, it's possible they've re-adjust the sizing since then

I had a pair of logans last year that actually had a wide enough forefoot and toebox from that 30$ sale. With insole replacement they were fine, even if they have that ugly ass branding all over (and I didn't even have the flame ones haha)

Are you all sure about the Adidas Matchbreak? That toe comes to a point, it doesn't look like a very wide toebox. I may be missing something...

From my personal experience... NB212, the typical vans, and some soletech shoes have worked for me. The emerica gammas I have right now come to a point but not until far enough after my toes that I feel like my toes have more room than in my vans. I really wish more shoes had that big round toe that 212s have, since I like the flick of that kind of shoe more anyway - the emerica toe gives me the sloppiest kickflips

Also, 440s are unbearably narrow, even if aesthetically they appear to have a wider toebox it doesn't feel like it in practice. Then again I have very wide forefeet as well as needing a wide toe box

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2021, 10:03:18 AM »
I am skating the dc Chris Coles from like 2014 I found them on EBay and they fit me perfectly.

For work I am wearing NB 574 all coasts EE. They fit Fine and I will skate them next.

Other shoes that have worked for me: Adidas busenitz Vulc, Adidas tyshawn, emerica Reynolds vulc

The Marana is too narrow for me, but I have been able to make them work with some pain in my big toes the first three weeks. I won‘t buy them anymore.

The NB# 255s are wide, but you need to size up at least a whole size. Shoes are super short for some reason.

I‘d like to find another good cupsole that is wide enough for me. Kyle Walker 1s are nice and wide, but the shoe softens up like crazy and doesn’t feel good anymore after a few weeks of skating them. The NB 574 is not available in EE anymore.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2021, 10:46:50 AM »
Are you all sure about the Adidas Matchbreak? That toe comes to a point, it doesn't look like a very wide toebox. I may be missing something...
Rarely shoes fit me that good straight out of box. I recommend atleast trying those out if a nearby shop carries them

fakie varial flip

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2021, 11:02:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Rarely shoes fit me that good straight out of box. I recommend atleast trying those out if a nearby shop carries them

Damn I'm going to have to try them then...

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2021, 11:48:38 AM »
The converse fastbreak mids have a pretty wide toe box

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2021, 04:31:21 PM »
The converse fastbreak mids have a pretty wide toe box

T hi s is true but they got zero Ollie protection because they are nylon or whatever. I would not buy these again.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2021, 04:46:58 PM »
Lord of the rings hobbit foot havin mf
big texas cummer

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2021, 07:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Very wide, in fact.

The problem I have is that width is too low/close to the end of the mid foot, I need more width here:

This is why so many trainers fit me better as they have toe boxes like this, with more width after the first lace loop

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2021, 10:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Very wide, in fact.

The problem I have is that width is too low/close to the end of the mid foot, I need more width here:

This is why so many trainers fit me better as they have toe boxes like this, with more width after the first lace loop

I have the same problem. One way to solve it is to go a size up, but I hate having extra shoe and not feeling my board well when I flip.

Try the NB# 255s. They are a similar shoe to that Adidas one you posted and they aren’t as pointy. If you do go a size up. They run very short.

skateboarder4life

• Rep: 2
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2021, 03:06:24 AM »
Match break are horrible and don't seem to be any wider than Vans which are all extremely narrow. Upon comparison, all Vans seem to use the same cupsoles. Out of curiosity I went up to the largest size they made and they were still too narrow, even with about 5 inches of extra space in front of the toes due to sizing up so much.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2021, 06:57:01 AM »
Match break are horrible and don't seem to be any wider than Vans which are all extremely narrow. Upon comparison, all Vans seem to use the same cupsoles. Out of curiosity I went up to the largest size they made and they were still too narrow, even with about 5 inches of extra space in front of the toes due to sizing up so much.

This is what I was wondering - I wear altra and lems for the gym and everyday needs and have not had any luck with most skate shoes. Those matchbreaks look too pointy to me, which is why I was wondering if I was missing something. Vans vulcanized shoes are mostly what I wear (with a different insole because I can't stand chunky insoles), but they have that awful break-in period with your pinky toe. I thought the vans sid was especially wide in the toebox for a vans shoe, but I'm sure it's not really (I'm sure it's the same last as something else - maybe the sk8hi) but it did still have that break-in period. The only shoes I have not experienced this awful break in period for, and that had a toe box that even began to mimic the toe on one of those shoes, were new balance 212 and straye logan. I haven't bought another straye since because I just could not stand the branding on it, but the 212 was perfectly fine if you add a flat insole so your feet don't get murdered by the ground.

I have not found a sufficient cupsole in this shape, everything I've tried has been too narrow. The NB 440s were especially bad for me between the toecap they have and the lack of height in the toebox. I'm afraid of the NB 1010s because that heel looks like too much, but I imagine you've already looked at that shoe anyway. The emerica gammas I have are wide enough throughout and have a long enough toe that it offsets this issue (it's like they could have made it a round toebox similar to the 212 but extended it and put a point on it instead) but if you don't have wide feet I can't imagine whether they would be comfortable or not.

I've been wondering whether the superstar adv has a wide enough toebox since it's rounded at least, but the heel is probably still too giant for me.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2021, 07:30:45 AM »
my feet are not too insanely wide, but i have definitely just sized up at many shoes in the past. once they break in they usually feel a little less loose somehow, maybe because the extra toe length gets soft enough to stop catching on things all the time.

i used to have good luck with pretty much all vans, but they changed up most of their shapes to be more narrow around 2013, or whenever they split the lineup into skate and non-skate. now i have to be choosy. currently rocking crockett highs that work pretty well, will probably try to just keep skating this model as long as it's available. The TNTs usually work for me as well, if I size up. Which is weird because I don't need to size up on the Crocketts.

Also I concur with anyone who suggests NBs in general, they're usually a width-friendly company. They're my go-to for non-skate sneakers (990 ftw) and I've had a few numerics that worked for me as well.