Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64260 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2020, 06:59:24 AM »
Has anyone skated the new crockett 2 hi-tops?

I think they look cool for a cupsole..

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2020, 12:15:59 PM »
I’m waitin on a pair of the new Jon Dickson’s (thanks emericaTM), anyone have experience with them yet? I’ve been skating the G6 slips for my last 3 pairs of shoes and I love them. Wish they lasted a little longer but shoe goo helps an extra month or so
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

shmazz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2020, 10:29:28 PM »
Thoughts on the Berle Pros? From what I’ve heard they’re pretty durable, but I’m a bit worried about how they fit, they do look kinda narrow in pics

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2020, 11:35:47 PM »
Thoughts on the Berle Pros? From what I’ve heard they’re pretty durable, but I’m a bit worried about how they fit, they do look kinda narrow in pics

From walking around I found them comfortable. I will say that one of my eyelets has almost torn and on the inside by my toes there is a tear. Which is a sign they won’t be around for long. This may be my luck. Other than that I find them very comfortable and I like the way they feel on my foot. People complained about the flick but, I like how they flick, the board feel is nice but, the sole isn’t as grippy. I’ve only skated them for slappies and flat but, they feel good.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2020, 05:39:19 AM »
I mentioned in the Nike SB thread that the Team Classics had become my go to shoe right now so I thought I'd share a quick review of my experience with them.  Just as a baseline I have a narrow, high arch foot and am a moderate to high mileage runner.

Positives:
+Supportive Heel and Forefoot
+TTS for Nike SB and most skate shoes
+Feel broken in out of the box
+Generally look good with whatever pants you are running
+Easily found and often on sale

Negatives
-Break down quickly and do not last quite as long as comparable cupsoles (especially true of the Durao version)
-Heel support could still be a little bit better

All in all they're a good shoe for the price you pay.  Got a few pairs left but also trying the Alleyoops and some Vans AVE's right now.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2020, 06:18:56 AM »
I mentioned in the Nike SB thread that the Team Classics had become my go to shoe right now so I thought I'd share a quick review of my experience with them.  Just as a baseline I have a narrow, high arch foot and am a moderate to high mileage runner.

Positives:
+Supportive Heel and Forefoot
+TTS for Nike SB and most skate shoes
+Feel broken in out of the box
+Generally look good with whatever pants you are running
+Easily found and often on sale

Negatives
-Break down quickly and do not last quite as long as comparable cupsoles (especially true of the Durao version)
-Heel support could still be a little bit better

All in all they're a good shoe for the price you pay.  Got a few pairs left but also trying the Alleyoops and some Vans AVE's right now.
Please let me know when you review the alleyoops, i have been thinking abt getting a few pairs since they are on sale

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2020, 08:04:56 AM »
I’m waitin on a pair of the new Jon Dickson’s (thanks emericaTM), anyone have experience with them yet? I’ve been skating the G6 slips for my last 3 pairs of shoes and I love them. Wish they lasted a little longer but shoe goo helps an extra month or so

If it's cool with you, could you maybe post how they fit? Really interested in them, but can't check them out around here. Got an 8 with the Provider shoe, but an 8.5 with the Winkoski Omen Hi.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2020, 02:20:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If it's cool with you, could you maybe post how they fit? Really interested in them, but can't check them out around here. Got an 8 with the Provider shoe, but an 8.5 with the Winkoski Omen Hi.

They should be here in a couple hours so if my day-drunk ass remembers I’ll post a first impression. I usually wear an 8.5 and that’s what I ordered so we’ll see. The wino slips fit nicer a half size down I’ve found.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2020, 02:09:54 AM »
Anyone skated the Adidas Campus ADV?

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2020, 05:17:22 AM »
Skating them right now and to be honest kinda hate them. If you like flexible shoe with not a lot of structure, then its a perfect shoe but i personally like stiffer shoes. Flick is good and grip is okay, but prepare to switch laces every session. Also been skating them for little over week (mainly flatground) and they dont seem to hold up that good durability wise.

Just waiting them to be done so i can go back on Emericas or DCs.

Deletniez

• Rep: 7
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2020, 08:35:55 PM »
Anyone skate the Romero Laced?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »

Like the first version and it was shockingly really good and then I just quit skating it. So yeah. Fuck you emerica for no reason

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2020, 08:58:31 PM »
Anyone skated the Proper Rooks? I ordered a pair and have worn them out doing chores but I'm in shelter-in-place so haven't skated in a while (and have a pair of AVE Pros I'm still working my way through) and in my boredom am wondering what people's experiences are.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2020, 10:08:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like the first version and it was shockingly really good and then I just quit skating it. So yeah. Fuck you emerica for no reason
Simple show, no padding and if you can remove the insole do it and replace it. My pair lasted surprisingly long. The lack of padding made the collar uncomfortable occasionally.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2020, 12:37:08 AM »
Terrible heel slippage, pretty much only Emerica model that i would not go back.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2020, 01:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Skating them right now and to be honest kinda hate them. If you like flexible shoe with not a lot of structure, then its a perfect shoe but i personally like stiffer shoes. Flick is good and grip is okay, but prepare to switch laces every session. Also been skating them for little over week (mainly flatground) and they dont seem to hold up that good durability wise.

can someone attest to this? usually hear nothing but good things about these shoes
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
can someone attest to this? usually hear nothing but good things about these shoes
This maybe mostly comes down to my preference. I'm more stiff and bulkier cupsole type of guy.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2020, 03:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
This maybe mostly comes down to my preference. I'm more stiff and bulkier cupsole type of guy.
nah I didn’t skate them but from wearing, the upper isn’t really structured, the toe and forgot creases weird. The tongue is thin and kept having to be pulled bc it would crease weird at the bottom.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2020, 04:10:32 AM »
Anyone skated the Proper Rooks? I ordered a pair and have worn them out doing chores but I'm in shelter-in-place so haven't skated in a while (and have a pair of AVE Pros I'm still working my way through) and in my boredom am wondering what people's experiences are.
I liked them. Comfortable, durable, pretty basic cup. My only gripe was how fast the tread on the bottom forefoot wore out. Wish they took off and offered more colorways.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
nah I didn’t skate them but from wearing, the upper isn’t really structured, the toe and forgot creases weird. The tongue is thin and kept having to be pulled bc it would crease weird at the bottom.
damn sounds like a pass to me. sucks cause they look great
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Terrible heel slippage, pretty much only Emerica model that i would not go back.

Totally agree, I don't know how this shoe is stillso popular and in production. Just bought a brand new pair of these off Mercari last week. For $15 bucks I'll ride them out, but I'm glad I never paid full boat. I assume they're more loungers than skate shoes. But sure aren't marketed that way.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
DC Kalis Vulc?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2020, 07:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Totally agree, I don't know how this shoe is stillso popular and in production. Just bought a brand new pair of these off Mercari last week. For $15 bucks I'll ride them out, but I'm glad I never paid full boat. I assume they're more loungers than skate shoes. But sure aren't marketed that way.
I highly think the opposite of the Romero Laced.
In my mind, I know they will take about a week of walking around in until the shoe breaks in and stops rubbing your Achilles which sucks, but after that it's a great go-to shoe.
I have heel slippage on over half the shoes I try, but the Romero Laced always locked my foot in nice after broken in and the flick/shape is great.
For like $65 new and usually on sale, it's a great choice.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
In my mind, I know they will take about a week of walking around in until the shoe breaks in and stops rubbing your Achilles which sucks, but after that it's a great go-to shoe.
I have heel slippage on over half the shoes I try, but the Romero Laced always locked my foot in nice after broken in and the flick/shape is great.
It sucks because without the heel slips it would be near perfect slim cupsole. Flick was really good and durability was awesome, also loved the look on white ones.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2020, 01:37:44 AM »
Just got my Dicksons in earlier today and had a driveway sesh. Fuckin comfy, feel broken in right out of the box, look good, feel good. Cheers Dickson. Had to do some boned out switch flips in em’.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2020, 02:30:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
It sucks because without the heel slips it would be near perfect slim cupsole. Flick was really good and durability was awesome, also loved the look on white ones.

Been eyeing the romero laced hi any feedback on those?

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2020, 04:42:17 AM »
Anybody skated the Americana?

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2020, 12:54:54 PM »
Real crazy question. Anyone skate half cab pros lately? Do they flick funny?

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2020, 01:27:27 PM »
Yep and no.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2020, 01:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yep and no.
thanks for that!