Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64261 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2020, 05:11:27 AM »
Janoski RMs are a vast improvement over the original, in terms of fit. Wider in the forefoot most notably. I've worn Janoski slip ons for years and now I got the RMs I'm never going back.
They are basically the same size as the originals, but way more ergonomically shaped to the foot. I'd go TTS.
This is the kind of answer that you expect from Slap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2020, 05:38:03 AM »
For anyone that has skated the GTS returns. I just got a pair and i cant figure out if they are just too narrow for my foot or if they will stretch out. The shoe as a whole feels pretty good, but the arch area of my foot sticks out a little bit over the sole, sort of like  a foot muffin top. i cant figure out if im just not used to this kind of shoe from skating vans for the past few years or if they fit wrong?

I don't have them myself, but a lot of people have said that's a very narrow shoe. The upper should stretch slightly, but if the problem is that your foot is wider than the sole, that isn't changing. I'd probably just return them if you can.

Coolguy69

• Rep: 31
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2020, 07:15:09 AM »
Expand Quote
For anyone that has skated the GTS returns. I just got a pair and i cant figure out if they are just too narrow for my foot or if they will stretch out. The shoe as a whole feels pretty good, but the arch area of my foot sticks out a little bit over the sole, sort of like  a foot muffin top. i cant figure out if im just not used to this kind of shoe from skating vans for the past few years or if they fit wrong?
[close]

I don't have them myself, but a lot of people have said that's a very narrow shoe. The upper should stretch slightly, but if the problem is that your foot is wider than the sole, that isn't changing. I'd probably just return them if you can.

Thanks man

peterpenis

• Rep: 6
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2020, 01:32:59 AM »
Any experiences with the dc infinite slip ons? I've been skating  vans and emerica slip ons a lot recently, curious about this cheaper option. Or any other slip ons out there I need to try?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2020, 02:50:15 AM »
Any experiences with the dc infinite slip ons? I've been skating  vans and emerica slip ons a lot recently, curious about this cheaper option. Or any other slip ons out there I need to try?

State Keys are good slip ons

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2020, 08:00:27 PM »

Veer slip is a slip on cupsole.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »
anyone skate jordans outside of the ones?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2020, 03:26:17 PM »
4s and 5s look like they’d skate great.
Would be sick to see a for skating version of them but, chances are that unless you’re on, you won’t skate them.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2020, 03:39:48 PM »
4s it is then. 5s look like clown shoes once the toebox creases
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2020, 04:38:16 AM »
I've always wanted to skate AJ3's. Those feel exactly how I want skate shoes to feel on my feet. I've never had 4's, but I've had 5's and thought they were a little too bulky/heavy. 1's look great on a skateboard, but they're too thin in the forefoot for me - especially after they're broken in.

Hombreezy

« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »
Has anyone skated the es Quattros?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2020, 09:12:19 PM »
Kind of just fell in love with a pic of the DC Williams Slims in black suede w/ gum from the Upcoming Shoes Thread. Has anyone skated them and know about the sizing and sole cushion? Thanks.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2020, 09:23:35 PM »
anyone skate the nike air trainers

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »
Not sure the consensus of this guy on Slap but he does review stuff I’m considering.
http://youtu.be/fd6DCAdxBHo
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #344 on: September 30, 2020, 04:49:02 AM »
I tired to skate the Polar ones, they're awful. That missing part on the kickflip area is a bitch. Also the sole last nothing and is not grippy at all.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

eSK3

« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2020, 05:11:48 AM »

I’ve skated 4’s, Spizikes and those 312 lows. They all skate good just takes a few sessions to break in the flick.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2020, 06:47:26 AM »
I know someone asked about heel lock on them, but can anyone spill the T on the Spanky G6? Specifically:

What is the board feel like/will I feel like I am in platform shoes if I have tried and failed to quit vulcs before?
How durable is the sole?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #347 on: September 30, 2020, 07:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I tired to skate the Polar ones, they're awful. That missing part on the kickflip area is a bitch. Also the sole last nothing and is not grippy at all.

I second this. Tried taking my polar AT1s out on a session to see how theyd do, Kickflips felt like ass. treflips worked, but also felt horrible. Very minimal boardfeel, like worse than your typical cupsole. I really like their skating, but they kinda force you to skate like emile laurent and nick boserio. Which doesnt look good unless you go really fast. Theyre really comfortable though, honestly my favorite shoes to go walk around in for a day.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2020, 07:22:47 AM »
I know someone asked about heel lock on them, but can anyone spill the T on the Spanky G6? Specifically:

What is the board feel like/will I feel like I am in platform shoes if I have tried and failed to quit vulcs before?
How durable is the sole?

• I don't think they're a platform shoe but you will not have the same boardfeel as a vulc. Impact protection is nice though
  • Heel lock is solid, never felt my foot slipping at all in them.
  • Sole is reasonably durable and with the foam in the midsole there is still some extra after the rubber.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2020, 07:52:44 AM »
Expand Quote

How durable is the sole?
[close]

• I don't think they're a platform shoe but you will not have the same boardfeel as a vulc. Impact protection is nice though
  • Sole is reasonably durable and with the foam in the midsole there is still some extra after the rubber.
still really want a pair. Thanks for the info

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2020, 09:24:08 AM »
Expand Quote

How durable is the sole?
[close]

Thanks. TTS? The only other Emerica's I've skated are Reynolds low vuls and Wino G6. With the Winos, I probably should have gone down a half size.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How durable is the sole?
[close]

[close]

Thanks. TTS? The only other Emerica's I've skated are Reynolds low vuls and Wino G6. With the Winos, I probably should have gone down a half size.
Definitely true to size for me. I wear a 10 in most shoes and a 10 in the Spanky G6s fit perfectly. I definitely agree with the points above too. I typically skate thinner cupsoles and the Spanky G6 is the prefect in-between of boardfeel and comfort for me.

londys

• Rep: 0
« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2020, 06:23:12 PM »
Has anyone tried the bruin react? Are the insoles good compare to lunarlon or fp insoles. I can only buy online here so there is no way to try it out. tia.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2020, 07:35:23 PM »
Anybody tried Lucas shoe?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #354 on: September 30, 2020, 09:07:12 PM »
4s it is then. 5s look like clown shoes once the toebox creases

I could not skate the 4's, that plastic piece that the laces run through at the bottom is too annoying

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #355 on: October 01, 2020, 04:48:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How durable is the sole?
[close]

[close]

[close]
Definitely true to size for me. I wear a 10 in most shoes and a 10 in the Spanky G6s fit perfectly. I definitely agree with the points above too. I typically skate thinner cupsoles and the Spanky G6 is the prefect in-between of boardfeel and comfort for me.
I was able to sneak into a 12 in the wino g6 slips and it’s snug but wear a 13 in vans pro, numeric, etc. should I go 13?

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #356 on: October 01, 2020, 08:07:31 AM »
Kind of just fell in love with a pic of the DC Williams Slims in black suede w/ gum from the Upcoming Shoes Thread. Has anyone skated them and know about the sizing and sole cushion? Thanks.

I would also like to know, that color way is sexi

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #357 on: October 01, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »
Anyone try the Superstar adv? Not the vulc one adidas did a few years ago but the newer cupsole ones. Look great online but I'm afraid they'll be clown shoes.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »
Anyone try the Superstar adv? Not the vulc one adidas did a few years ago but the newer cupsole ones. Look great online but I'm afraid they'll be clown shoes.

Only ever had the vucl versions but I can say mine were shit. I did maybe 6 ollies and cruised around the first day and the suede on the upper already started forming a hole and the foxing was coming off.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2020, 06:31:36 AM »
Bobby worst es'  from 2010. I wanna buy them but they are 9s.

Are they going to run regs like my old sole tech stuff from before 2002

Or are they going to be totally frickin fucked and run small and pointy like the Ren g6s?

I'm surprised they are still available so I figured I'd ask

My alexis one stars are awesome. It's actually the best feeling shoe I've had in a while. They just ran very big. Like I could hide few teenths in the toes.

Imagine that. Wanna do a line? Hey maaan why does your stuff smell like Fritos?

Well I quit blow like 15 years ago but I like to keep a ball or two in my shoes just to increase the street value of my kickflips and capitalize the G of my back 80 Fakie manny.

I'm such a weirdo in the morning.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 07:14:22 AM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)