Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64253 times)

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2021, 01:48:22 AM »

Thanks for the feedback on the Busenitz’s everyone.  I ended up ordering them in the colorway above.  I’ve been skating mostly vulcs for the past year and I’m looking forward to switching it up with a cupsole for a little bit.  Also, the shape reminds me slightly of the Nike SB Zoom FC’s that I had a super long time ago in high school which skated really well.

That‘s a dope colorway. I hope you‘ll like the shoe. And don‘t hesitate to cut the tongue.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #601 on: September 14, 2021, 05:31:36 AM »
The busenitz is probably my favorite skate shoe. DON'T cut the tongue though. I love how they look.

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2021, 06:36:37 PM »
gonna cop some tyshawn mids. how they fit compared to rowans or og sambas?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »

I can‘t compare them to those mentioned but compared to the Busenitz and Puigs I was literally swimming inside the Tyshawns and had a hard time adapting to them. Also break in time was so long that by the time I felt good in them I had worn a kickflip hole in them.
why come?

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2021, 05:39:19 AM »

They fit a little narrower than a Vans Rowan Pro. But if you get leather they do loosen up after a week.

The leather chews through really quick too.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2021, 02:35:25 PM »
Picked up some of those down-market Nike Ebernon Low jawns in triple white, new, w/o box, for a measly $16.20 USD on eBay.
They’re stiff as shit, and the materials are decidedly not as supple as finer offerings, but at that price, they don’t even have to be that good for me to feel okay about the purchase.
Hopefully they’ll break in & feel less rigid with a lickle bit of use.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #606 on: September 18, 2021, 03:59:51 PM »
Expand Quote
I went to my local to try the new Last resort AB collection they received, very solid shoes, and designs that I really liked, I’m sick of logo mania so they were refreshing to look at. Felt very comfortable and they also work with wide feet (!!).

I’m also wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Tiago shoes New Balance has rolled out for some time now, I think they’re NB 1010B? Might be wrong, regardless I like the design and I’m interested to know if they’re comfortable and skate well.
[close]

I like my Tiago’s. Probably the skate shoe with the best arch support I’ve ever had in 23 years of skating. Super comfy. I have a narrow foot and it feels kinda wide for me. Try them before you buy them, I find they fit kind of big. I’m a 10 in Nike, DC, Adidas and most Vans and I went with a 9.5 with the Tiago’s. NB’s sizing is always all over the place.

That being said, the leather ones don’t work for me for skating, but the suede ones do. I have a few pairs for chilling.

seconding this, suede over leather. also i prefer the ones without mesh on the toes/forefoot

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #607 on: September 19, 2021, 12:53:56 AM »
Anyone skated the updated Gilbert Crocketts with one piece toebox?
How is the sizing? Thanks!"

Lunker

• Rep: 4
« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2021, 10:26:52 AM »
Anyone skated the updated Gilbert Crocketts with one piece toebox?
How is the sizing? Thanks!"

I find that the canvas Vans uses for their skate shoes is dumb rigid and takes forever to break in and stretch out, so the switch to suede makes it fit better on the top of the foot. It has a lot of give out of the box and molds over your foot a lot better. The shape of the shoe still tapers out at the toes which gives me some pinky toe roughness just the same as the old models did tho.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #609 on: September 19, 2021, 10:32:33 AM »
Picked up some of those down-market Nike Ebernon Low jawns in triple white, new, w/o box, for a measly $16.20 USD on eBay.
They’re stiff as shit, and the materials are decidedly not as supple as finer offerings, but at that price, they don’t even have to be that good for me to feel okay about the purchase.
Hopefully they’ll break in & feel less rigid with a lickle bit of use.

The shoe carnival dunks. Actually love how those look. Great deal

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #610 on: September 20, 2021, 02:59:00 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks for the feedback on the Busenitz’s everyone.  I ended up ordering them in the colorway above.  I’ve been skating mostly vulcs for the past year and I’m looking forward to switching it up with a cupsole for a little bit.  Also, the shape reminds me slightly of the Nike SB Zoom FC’s that I had a super long time ago in high school which skated really well.
[close]

That‘s a dope colorway. I hope you‘ll like the shoe. And don‘t hesitate to cut the tongue.

Cutting the tongue is a sin! Lol all white Busnitez’s with baggy jeans and the tongue flapping in what it’s all about. One of the all time best feeling and looking skate shoe. Dennis must be rich considering how long they have been popular for. And rightfully so. SOTD.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2021, 05:07:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Cutting the tongue is a sin! Lol all white Busnitez’s with baggy jeans and the tongue flapping in what it’s all about. One of the all time best feeling and looking skate shoe. Dennis must be rich considering how long they have been popular for. And rightfully so. SOTD.

Preach! Do not cut the tongue, it literally looks like shit without it.
If you're not into it just get the Busenitz Vintage. It has a short tongue (that stays in place).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: September 20, 2021, 05:29:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Preach! Do not cut the tongue, it literally looks like shit without it.
If you're not into it just get the Busenitz Vintage. It has a short tongue (that stays in place).

If you wear the pants old school style no one will ever see the tongue, cut or not. If you cut/cuff them at the high water mark you will look like a dork whether the tongue is cut or not. I rest my case.
why come?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #613 on: September 20, 2021, 02:13:04 PM »
How’s the sizing on the skate old schools? Thinking about grabbing the Reynolds pair

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #614 on: September 20, 2021, 08:35:11 PM »
Vans vulcs have always been tts for me

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #615 on: September 26, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »
anyone skate the windrow (cup not vulc)?

I like nassim

Vintagebody

« Reply #616 on: October 16, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »
I'm skating my first pair of Nike Blazer mids. First shoe ive not gotten a ollie hole in within days.
Its pretty obvious why tho. Logicly, the mids wont let my ancle flex 100%. I do notice a less consistent ollie

user18081971

« Reply #617 on: October 22, 2021, 04:29:44 PM »
I just remembered the busenitz mid that came out some years ago. Insane how a shoe can be so hideous yet beautiful at the same time. I’d probably get a pair if they dropped again and never wear them, which I do with just about every shoe I buy.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #618 on: October 29, 2021, 11:37:24 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the Fred Gall State jawns? Curious about sizing.

Anybody? Could buy them hella cheap

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #619 on: October 30, 2021, 12:09:33 AM »
State shoes are generally true to size for me i've tried about 3 different shoes so hopefully the Gall shoe is the same

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #620 on: October 30, 2021, 02:16:38 AM »
anybody skated this Puma C-Skate & Puma Suede Skate?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #621 on: October 30, 2021, 04:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still on the hunt for a shoe that blends the best of vulc and cupsole.

Flip tricks feel best in vulcs, but my feet ache badly after, and wear down fast. Maybe I'm dragging wrong but the outsole of my shoes wear down very fast, 1 session in and the but of vulc sole that protrudes is getting worn pretty close to the upper. I go Shoe Goo crazy but it's good for 1/2 a session before it stops gripping the board.

Looking for a recommendation for something that blends both.
[close]

440’s are a great start and converted me to cupsoles. They’re decently thin, pretty flexible, great board feel, really stable. The lip near the upper takes a while to wear but I would advise super glue the stitching at the Ollie area.

I rotate those, Blazer mids, Jordan’s, a pair of dunks, and an old pair of leather Bruins and they’re the best overal.
[close]

Thanks for the recommendation.

I might give the Blazer Mids a go, can get those easily and they are always on sale. I've worn the regular Blazers as chillers and they are great, hopefully this translates to the mid. The 440s are pretty pricey in my region so I'll have to wait for a sale.
nb# 420 or any eS shoe that has the swift outsole (so basically swift 1.5 or accel plus)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #622 on: October 30, 2021, 06:09:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I went to my local to try the new Last resort AB collection they received, very solid shoes, and designs that I really liked, I’m sick of logo mania so they were refreshing to look at. Felt very comfortable and they also work with wide feet (!!).

I’m also wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Tiago shoes New Balance has rolled out for some time now, I think they’re NB 1010B? Might be wrong, regardless I like the design and I’m interested to know if they’re comfortable and skate well.
[close]

I like my Tiago’s. Probably the skate shoe with the best arch support I’ve ever had in 23 years of skating. Super comfy. I have a narrow foot and it feels kinda wide for me. Try them before you buy them, I find they fit kind of big. I’m a 10 in Nike, DC, Adidas and most Vans and I went with a 9.5 with the Tiago’s. NB’s sizing is always all over the place.

That being said, the leather ones don’t work for me for skating, but the suede ones do. I have a few pairs for chilling.
[close]

seconding this, suede over leather. also i prefer the ones without mesh on the toes/forefoot

Suede is leather just isn't treated the same but once you scuff the outside layer it should skate the same as suede.

Srt32srt

« Reply #623 on: October 30, 2021, 06:13:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Flip tricks feel best in vulcs, but my feet ache badly after, and wear down fast. Maybe I'm dragging wrong but the outsole of my shoes wear down very fast, 1 session in and the but of vulc sole that protrudes is getting worn pretty close to the upper. I go Shoe Goo crazy but it's good for 1/2 a session before it stops gripping the board.

[close]

440’s are a great start and converted me to cupsoles. They’re decently thin, pretty flexible, great board feel, really stable. The lip near the upper takes a while to wear but I would advise super glue the stitching at the Ollie area.

I rotate those, Blazer mids, Jordan’s, a pair of dunks, and an old pair of leather Bruins and they’re the best overal.
[close]

I might give the Blazer Mids a go, can get those easily and they are always on sale. I've worn the regular Blazers as chillers and they are great, hopefully this translates to the mid. The 440s are pretty pricey in my region so I'll have to wait for a sale.
[close]
nb# 420 or any eS shoe that has the swift outsole (so basically swift 1.5 or accel plus)

I don't like the es swift 1.5, accel slim plus outsole. I haven't broken it in but as a new shoe doesnt grip even with new mob grip.. I hate it compared to the accel slim outsole. Could need to be broken in but out the gate hate the sole.

Srt32srt

« Reply #624 on: October 30, 2021, 06:18:25 AM »
What's the most consistent brand with sizing? I know Adidas are all over the place but I just bought some city cups from Depop that were apparently TTS and they're a half size too big. I've had the best luck with State but i'm not doing vulcs anymore.
Find your sizing in euro sizing and it'll be more accurate from shoe to shoe.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #625 on: October 30, 2021, 07:07:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I don't like the es swift 1.5, accel slim plus outsole. I haven't broken it in but as a new shoe doesnt grip even with new mob grip.. I hate it compared to the accel slim outsole. Could need to be broken in but out the gate hate the sole.
really? break in time was always less than 5 mins for me on that outsole, the pre-cut grooves contribute greatly to this. NB# 420 really is a great shoe too if the swifts don't float your boat. The toe box is wide so if you're used to elf shoes it might not work though... the OG accel slim (not the plus version) is about as close to vulc as you'll get in a cupsole imo

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #626 on: October 30, 2021, 10:13:22 AM »
anybody skated this Puma C-Skate & Puma Suede Skate?

The puma C-skate features the same outsole than the caracal sd I posted in the non skate shoes thread, must be great

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2021, 10:31:44 AM »
How's the sizing on Jack Purcells, half size down adequate?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #628 on: November 03, 2021, 12:40:25 AM »
Pretty sure that's correct - in both the skate and non skate versions of that model.
I haven't had the JP Pros but I've tried them and the non-skate ones on in a store and personally needed 0.5 size smaller.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:50:32 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #629 on: November 03, 2021, 12:44:24 AM »

The Jack Purcells seem to be true to size, other than the CTAS Pros for example. The CTAS seem to fit a bit bigger