Author Topic: What are you trying to learn right now?  (Read 51506 times)

finecojeffe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 141
    • Fine-Co avatar image
Re: What are you trying to learn right now?
« Reply #960 on: April 09, 2024, 10:29:18 AM »
Just recently started attempting b/s smiths because I managed to scratch one when I was injured as a result of my injury causing me to lean back too far when I was just trying a little pivot. Interesting how that worked out, but now I lack commitment. Not sure if it helps I'm trying to go about this on a china bank or if I should just try on a quarter pipe instead. I really am horrible at skating transition which is why ive been hitting the bank only.

On another note I'm working on front board to backward nose grind on a double side curb. This is also me showing a lack of commitment I think because I can get the truck up on the curb but I immediately put the tail down so it's almost as if I'm going to 50/50 instead. To be fair I've also never done a backward nose grind. I'm unsure of how much I need to lean into it.

luffy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #961 on: April 14, 2024, 06:37:22 PM »
So I’ve been skating for some years and was recently looking at some of my footage and noticed that i’m always aggressively on my toes when i pop. However, when I watch clips or video parts everyone else seems to have their back foot nearly flat.

Skated earlier today and consciously tried to flatten my foot, some tricks felt a little better but ultimately lost a lot of pop trying that.

Am I doing something wrong?
Will trying to flatten my foot make my skating better in any way?

Also, nollie and switch I don’t have the same experience, my foot’s basically flat.

I’m pic 1

marcusbutler

• Rep: 44
« Reply #962 on: April 15, 2024, 05:37:06 PM »
Fucking back smiths. Can't get the dip. Just some floater mess.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

LeDave

• Rep: 38
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #963 on: April 15, 2024, 06:23:48 PM »
I'm trying to clean out my strides and ride smoother that way. I look like a complete idiot when I try to push.

dublak2

• Rep: 3
« Reply #964 on: April 20, 2024, 03:29:32 PM »
I"m not that good, but I ollied onto the hubba then jumped off at my local SP. I need to land that hubba 50-50 now.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #965 on: April 22, 2024, 01:16:12 PM »
Been tossing out FS Flips - I've stuck a few, and more or less rolled away from 1 or 2.

I have all the pieces pretty solid, just need to bring em all together and I think I'll have a fairly good one. I feel like I can get em consistent once they start clicking
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #966 on: April 24, 2024, 02:22:48 AM »
Slide a fs board slide more than 4” on a double sider
Fs krookeds
Fs tails

Shits hard man.

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 16
  • fresh
« Reply #967 on: April 24, 2024, 06:43:34 AM »
how do i keep an inward heel under my feet and, how to do i hardflip and not credit-card.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #968 on: May 16, 2024, 12:37:05 PM »
Been trying sw front shuvs on and off. Started getting kinda close last night, but nothing consistently. The hardest part for me was keeping my shoulders straight, and sometimes I would pop it way too far behind me.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1597
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #969 on: May 16, 2024, 11:06:17 PM »
I never know whether to pop off the tip or in the pocket…

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #970 on: May 21, 2024, 11:01:52 AM »
half cab flip. flicking proper without disrupting the half cab is hard.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Crust

• Rep: 50
« Reply #971 on: May 24, 2024, 06:33:11 PM »
Fakie pop rocks are on the menu atm.

Can do them slow and shitily, but would love to get that fast deck check and back in

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #972 on: May 25, 2024, 12:19:59 PM »
Front feebles, nollie kickflips, blunt spine transfers

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #973 on: May 25, 2024, 02:13:43 PM »
Been trying to get better back 3s… on flat they’re very meh, very 180 to revert. I’ve got the hang of the rotation but full committing to the spinning in the air is still pretty awkward.

Got a few really slide-y ones up the DIY euro tho

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #974 on: May 26, 2024, 03:26:33 PM »
Front crooks. I’ve landed a couple recently but I really don’t have a good exit strategy, same with nosegrinds, I always slip out into nollie flip or clip coming off.

I’m bad with trick terminology but fakie ollie landing in switch front noseslide, but coming out back switch. I can do that trick coming out to regular but for the life of me I’ve not been able to pull it back to switch which is really the only way I want to be doing it. I can do switch front noseslide back to switch, but not this, yet. Annoying lol.

Switch backside wallie to backside slash grind, maybe switch wallie fs180 to noseslide, kind of just whatever feels right in the moment, but mostly the slash though. I have the switch wallie down well enough, I just need to wallie deeper in and figure out where and when to smash my back truck down without dying.

Flatground tricks I’ve been trying to really learn frontside flips, fucking around with switch one footers, and trying to relearn switch backside flips.

Always working on speed and consistency, but I’ve resigned to the fact that I’ll never have control. 
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

zapruder

• Rep: 19
« Reply #975 on: May 27, 2024, 01:01:15 PM »
I'm about 2 months skating again, coming back from 2 bad ankles and a few years of back issues (thanks, filming). just getting my flatground legs back! also finally learning to turn switch backside and nollie frontside which have been weak points for all of my 20 years skating

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #976 on: May 28, 2024, 01:28:12 PM »
Today, I tried to re-find my very few lines at Burnside and was humbled as always...

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #977 on: May 28, 2024, 01:42:24 PM »
Today, I tried to re-find my very few lines at Burnside and was humbled as always...

I'm always jazzed in anticipation when I get to go there, but quickly remember how hard that place is to skate. No give-me's allowed, full effort only.

Luckily I can usually muster something that's kinda cool, but then you see like Nick Peterson drop in and just have to sit the fuck down

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #978 on: May 28, 2024, 01:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm always jazzed in anticipation when I get to go there, but quickly remember how hard that place is to skate. No give-me's allowed, full effort only.

Luckily I can usually muster something that's kinda cool, but then you see like Nick Peterson drop in and just have to sit the fuck down

Nice!

My problem is I  don't skate Burnside enough and its a steep learning curve each time. Today, I really couldn't come up with much. There's a line I was pretty pleased with last time, that was terrifying today... Oh well... its always a rad place to spend some time at...

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #979 on: May 29, 2024, 05:26:09 PM »
Chatted up this dude and he was like, "I went around the pump track 1000-times in a row without putting my foot down, for charity." Whooooaah dude.

Went to my local and tried it at a sprint and couldn't even muster 10-times lol. Very humbling.

So I'm learning about endurance, patience, and pacing right now. I been having some trouble with overtraining. Seems like it's because I don't have anything intermediary between 'puttering around a bit' and 'charging as hard as possible'.

Learning some discipline will help.