Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115824 times)

Mallie, dstrytruitt and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

franc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 96
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2020, 11:43:14 AM »
Gilbies are well comfy.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »
I have 3 pairs of rowans, 3 pairs of Crockett Hi’s, 2 style 36 pro’s, 2 uprise half cab pros, & 1 pair of AVE’s. Vans has been treating me well lately lol

BS Boner

• Rep: 2
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2020, 01:48:23 AM »
After riding the rowley classics for about 2 months and saving it as much as possible with shoe goo, i pulled the trigger on a white/gum pair of rowans. I know it gets some harsh reviews...but the Rowley classics i had, which i wouldnt classify as a skate shoe were really good for me...so I’m thinking i may be looking for different things in shoes.

Should get them tomorrow...hoping it works out!

I did the same thing, kept fixing my Rowley classics with shoe goo until I couldn’t anymore... the sole kept blowing open at the toes.
Bought a pair of Ave’s which were ok but kinda thin upper and quite solid cupsole for my liking.
Anyway, I just got a pair of the Rowley Rapiweld’s and I’m stoked! The wafflecup holds the Rowley’s together More stable but still great board feel. The upper lost a bit of chunk but all in all I think they’re perfect.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2020, 02:52:02 AM »
Hearing the Crockett Hi's are more comfortable than the lows? Anything changed with padding? Or just more locked in with the ankle height, supportive? Less restriction from the high top would seem like it would be more comfortable to me.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2020, 06:04:23 AM »
Does anyone know if the Quasi Crockets are going to be sold by Vans ever? 13s apparently are sold out on the Quasi site. Sorry if this is a dumb question but new to this the-board-company-sells-the-shoes thing.
ok thanks

nevrwasben

« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2020, 06:27:21 AM »
Does anyone know if the Quasi Crockets are going to be sold by Vans ever? 13s apparently are sold out on the Quasi site. Sorry if this is a dumb question but new to this the-board-company-sells-the-shoes thing.
As of right now, Cowtown has your size (in the black/teal)
https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=10&PID=56818&SKU=157704&LinkID=1
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:36:21 AM by nevrwasben »

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2020, 06:53:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
As of right now, Cowtown has your size (in the black/teal)
https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=10&PID=56818&SKU=157704&LinkID=1

You rule. Truly. Thank you.
ok thanks

DirtyHairHalo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2020, 03:57:00 PM »
I've had the Eras, Chimas, Slip ons, Gilbys and Rowans all in pro. The Gilbys were the only
ones that didn't fit for shit. Felt like the front of my foot was thrown in the ocean.
Rowans are dialed in for my fit and popcush is great.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
Rowans are by far the best skate shoe I’ve had all year. I usually blow through shoes every two or three weeks but these are lasting.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2020, 07:28:19 PM »
Rowans are by far the best skate shoe I’ve had all year. I usually blow through shoes every two or three weeks but these are lasting.
they would be foolish to discontinue them anytime soon. Seriously the best vans shoe in terms of durablility

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2020, 08:16:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they would be foolish to discontinue them anytime soon. Seriously the best vans shoe in terms of durablility
i skated mine for close to 2.5 months straight and i'm about to skate them again. just hoping the sole didn't get much thinner than i remember... that would be the only thing stopping me.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »
Crockett Highs are great! I'm a big fan of the wafflecup and I've been looking for a hightop that isn't vulc for a while

Can't comment on the fit vs. the lows as I havent had the lows.. but these are one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I've ever had

Would buy again

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i skated mine for close to 2.5 months straight and i'm about to skate them again. just hoping the sole didn't get much thinner than i remember... that would be the only thing stopping me.

I've been skating mine since quarantine started and they look beat but still feel solid

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2020, 09:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I've been skating mine since quarantine started and they look beat but still feel solid
I only stopped skating my first pair after 3 months because I was tired of looking down at the same shoe. Skating another colorway of Rowans now.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2020, 08:27:19 AM »
some new Fall colors and features added to vans.com

"wrapped" old skool and authentic?
https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/wrapped-old-skool-pro-navy-marshmallow

"..."features sturdy suede uppers, high-wrapped foxing tape, enhanced sockliners.."

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2020, 08:29:20 AM »
Not sure about the suede but the foxing is higher
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2020, 09:41:10 AM »
Slightly OT, but goddamnit Vans where's the snow site.
ok thanks

franc

« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2020, 01:03:43 PM »
Rowan getting the cool colourways (Port/White, Bronze/Antique), Gilbert getting weird ones nobody wants (Hedge Green with a dark gum sole, fuck me).
Too bad Gilbies are my favorite shoes but I can't skate in Rowans (and yes, I have tried). Been dreaming of a beige/brown/bronze Gilbert with white sole for years. Oh well.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »
Rowan getting the cool colourways (Port/White, Bronze/Antique), Gilbert getting weird ones nobody wants (Hedge Green with a dark gum sole, fuck me).
Too bad Gilbies are my favorite shoes but I can't skate in Rowans (and yes, I have tried). Been dreaming of a beige/brown/bronze Gilbert with white sole for years. Oh well.
i know, I like the crockett 2's alot as well. Seems like they focused on the hi model this season i guess. and KWalker got like 3-4 colors of his first model plus a few in his 2nd.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »
To be fair, that new Crockett 2 colorway looks like something he would wear. I really like them myself but I can definitely understand why you wouldn't.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2020, 03:01:02 PM »
Probably not going to happen, but if they made the Berle in a mid or high I'd be a repeat buyer. I know some people weren't into them but I found them to be my favorite Vans "pros".

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
), Gilbert getting weird ones nobody wants (Hedge Green with a dark gum sole, fuck me).

Ordered the first day it was available and fucking love them. Thanks!
ok thanks

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2020, 03:52:04 AM »
If Vans would put out this colour in the Gilby High I'd be very happy....

It's not an unreasonable wish either, I could see it happening anyway.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2020, 04:21:04 AM »
If Vans would put out this colour in the Gilby High I'd be very happy....

It's not an unreasonable wish either, I could see it happening anyway.

yeah that would be sick. With extra black laces

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2020, 05:14:56 AM »
Probably not going to happen, but if they made the Berle in a mid or high I'd be a repeat buyer. I know some people weren't into them but I found them to be my favorite Vans "pros".
Ew
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2020, 06:42:22 AM »
I’m going to cut and paste this from my insta about the Gil Highs.

I am so fucking picky about shoes. It’s a curse. I have been this way my whole life… I made my Mother cry over Duffs that were half size too big. My Dad threw airwalks at me on the front lawn. The first time I spent over 100 bucks was on Bo Jackson Nike Trainers in grade 8, my mom had to lie to my dad about the price. Anyhoo, the past few years I can not find a cup sole skate shoe that fits or feels right. I think vans pro highs are their sleeper shoe. It is perfect. But I CAN NOT rock a vulc shoe with my bunk back. All I want is a bouncy feeling sole with a supportive insole. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY a shoe I can put on and not think about. Which seems to be impossible as they all slip at the heel or have a puffy tongue that feels weird when tied up. Or one foot feels tight and the other loose, or they are too slim and it feels like my feet are being choked.
 I am happy to say my search is over. The Gilbert Crocket High is the best feeling shoe I have put on since Vans Fairlanes in the mid 90’s. I’m telling you this is the shoe. Put it on, tie it up, feel the comfort, and most importantly forget you have them on.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ew

Username checks out

Edit: jk Idk I havent tried the Berle pros, Ive read some bad things on here but with all the colorways coming out they must be selling a lot.  EliJAH is a douche, Id rather buy a product with Gilby or Chima's name on it.

franc

« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
), Gilbert getting weird ones nobody wants (Hedge Green with a dark gum sole, fuck me).
[close]

Haha, each to their own! Glad you like the, glad some people like skating in them.

Just started skating a pair of those green Half Cab Pros that came out last spring I think, loving this colourway. I wish Vans made something similar but with more beige bits, like that old Carroll pro shoe inspired by Airwalk Enigmas, with a white sole though. I can't wear black soles.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2020, 10:58:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Ew
[close]

Username checks out

Edit: jk Idk I havent tried the Berle pros, Ive read some bad things on here but with all the colorways coming out they must be selling a lot.  EliJAH is a douche, Id rather buy a product with Gilby or Chima's name on it.

If you're not put off by the look, they're worth trying. A couple of the colorways are offensive but I like the black/white. Other than laces ripping they've held up really well.

nevrwasben

« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2020, 11:14:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haha, each to their own! Glad you like the, glad some people like skating in them.

Just started skating a pair of those green Half Cab Pros that came out last spring I think, loving this colourway. I wish Vans made something similar but with more beige bits, like that old Carroll pro shoe inspired by Airwalk Enigmas, with a white sole though. I can't wear black soles.

Agreed, black soles is a mind fuck for me