Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116074 times)

sn00p and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

loosenuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2020, 07:56:30 PM »
pop cush feels softer when you touch it with your fingers but when you're standing on it with your entire body weight, it feels the same as ultra cush and whatever perceived difference is negligible

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2020, 12:37:49 AM »
it is absolutely identical
100% agree. Tried on two different KWalks at a Vans outlet in January. One Pop Cush and one Ultracush. Pop felt only marginally better for the first 30 seconds to a minute, then they felt exactly like Ultracush.
For anyone thinking Pop cush is drastically better/different from Ultra, don't be fooled by the marketing!
Super Champion Fun Zone

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2020, 06:40:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
100% agree. Tried on two different KWalks at a Vans outlet in January. One Pop Cush and one Ultracush. Pop felt only marginally better for the first 30 seconds to a minute, then they felt exactly like Ultracush.
For anyone thinking Pop cush is drastically better/different from Ultra, don't be fooled by the marketing!
Trying on for at a shoe vs skating a shoe to completion is different. Might be a placebo but my Rowans haven't mushed out after 2 months of skating while ultra used to flatten out for me at about a month mark. Still might be marketing but your first impression comparison doesn't prove it.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Trying on for at a shoe vs skating a shoe to completion is different. Might be a placebo but my Rowans haven't mushed out after 2 months of skating while ultra used to flatten out for me at about a month mark. Still might be marketing but your first impression comparison doesn't prove it.

I've been re-using the same ultra cush insoles for about 9 months in different shoes.

There's no flattening out

I've done this w/ other ultra cush hd insoles for the past 5 years (they usually last about a year)

There's negligible amounts of flattening out, they just get crusty.

The pop cush in the Rowans packed out after about 2 months.

So basically, I have the exact opposite experience as you have had.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I've been re-using the same ultra cush insoles for about 9 months in different shoes.

There's no flattening out

I've done this w/ other ultra cush hd insoles for the past 5 years (they usually last about a year)

There's negligible amounts of flattening out, they just get crusty.

The pop cush in the Rowans packed out after about 2 months.

So basically, I have the exact opposite experience as you have had.
Welp I don't know what to think then. Maybe our feets and weight distrobution just are completely different. Fuck I'm gonna rethink all my life decisions now.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2020, 07:44:23 PM »
my pop cush in my Rowans packed out in about a month of constant skating, replaced em with Lunarlon.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2020, 05:02:28 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHJTR5nl1aa/?igshid=8tvp9m43y5c1

For fuck's sake. Keep those silly colourways for goth kids in the regular range and give us more dope colourways for the Pro Series (tan with white sole please).

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2020, 05:10:05 AM »
Put me in jail, I like the purple Half Cabs.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:25 AM »
wasn't Bam rocking those purple Half-Cabs for awhile?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2020, 06:38:55 AM »

*Starts playing 96 Quite Bitter beings on speaker
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2020, 06:47:59 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHJTR5nl1aa/?igshid=8tvp9m43y5c1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHLZ38flb95/?igshid=61f3ewuc7c2z

I had the 112 Pros in that marshmallow/gum color way and they were maybe my favorite skate shoes ever. I wish Vans didn't discontinue them.

Also people who don't think that purple color looks good are tripping. They'd be hot with some green/brown/tan chinos and a pocket tee.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2020, 04:26:08 AM »

Not sure if there's more recent Bam footage that I haven't seen, but I think he was wearing the burgundy full cabs in his Epicly Later'd.

nevrwasben

« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2020, 05:22:25 PM »
Just waiting on more good Sk8-low Colorways....

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2020, 08:13:37 AM »
Copped a cheap pair of Rowans to skate in on Poshmark. Was excited to get them. Then got package jacked by a porch pirate. Yay.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2020, 02:42:07 PM »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2020, 11:03:48 AM »
Vans is doing a really good job with these recent colorways. They're relatively simple, yet still unique. And yes I do really like that purple Half Cab Pro colorway too.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2020, 11:22:27 AM »

You under arrest, sugar.

Is there any update on Half-Cab Pros without the foxing stripe, that resemble the normal ones? Saw that awhile back.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2020, 11:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You under arrest, sugar.

Is there any update on Half-Cab Pros without the foxing stripe, that resemble the normal ones? Saw that awhile back.
Yeah, they're gonna make em a cupsole and slap Reynolds' name on em.

Just kidding. But one can dream....

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »
I have 7 pairs of Crockett hi’s (mostly quasi editions)
2 pair of half cabs pros
5 pairs of Rowans
1 pair of AVE
& 2 pair of style 36 pros to blow through....

Vans has me by the balls  :o

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2020, 07:03:01 PM »
I tried out the Rowans , the first session out the box had a great time skating in them and they felt amazing.

The upper part is A+, probably my favorite vans besides the Tnt 5 nubuck leather, the way they grip the top of my foot feels amazing and I love the laces, I can see them lasting a long time.

My one thing though is that damn Vans sole, I will never get past how soft and thin that Vans sole gets, its instantly feels weak under my feet and every damn bail hurts. I just cant understand why they cant make a stronger sole that can take a true impact. Compared to my Tyshawns it felt like i was skating paper shoes, i know its a cupsole compared to vulcanized but you know what I mean, Vans soles blow out in 3 weeks tops. I can only skate them once a month like a fun way to switch up the boardfeel or to the liquor store. Love em but hate em, classic california style
two times

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #293 on: November 23, 2020, 07:35:56 AM »
I tried out the Rowans , the first session out the box had a great time skating in them and they felt amazing.

The upper part is A+, probably my favorite vans besides the Tnt 5 nubuck leather, the way they grip the top of my foot feels amazing and I love the laces, I can see them lasting a long time.

My one thing though is that damn Vans sole, I will never get past how soft and thin that Vans sole gets, its instantly feels weak under my feet and every damn bail hurts. I just cant understand why they cant make a stronger sole that can take a true impact. Compared to my Tyshawns it felt like i was skating paper shoes, i know its a cupsole compared to vulcanized but you know what I mean, Vans soles blow out in 3 weeks tops. I can only skate them once a month like a fun way to switch up the boardfeel or to the liquor store. Love em but hate em, classic california style

I like the Rowans and I think I've gotten used to the vulc shoe foot pain initiation.

That Ultimate Waffle sole on the AVE pros is actually really nice. You'll have boardfeel but without the feet beatings. I got them for half price but probably still won't skate in them because of how delicate the mesh on them seems. Like they'd skate amazingly well for a week, and then your socks will be hitting griptape. I don't know why they couldn't have just used canvas or just anything more durable than what they ended up using, it's a real shame because other than that, they feel great for skating.

I wore the AVE pros while walking a dirt path in the woods and a twig bumped into the side of the shoe, breaking some of the fibers and you could really tell how delicate that tissue paper mesh is. Putting that on a skate shoe with a $100 price tag is fucking criminal if you ask me.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #294 on: November 23, 2020, 08:03:29 AM »
so far the ave pro are up there with the most durable shoes i've ever skated, obviously will depend on where your ollie spot is but for me the mesh is basically unaffected after 2 months of frequent skating and the soles still have lots of life

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #295 on: November 23, 2020, 08:11:10 AM »
so far the ave pro are up there with the most durable shoes i've ever skated, obviously will depend on where your ollie spot is but for me the mesh is basically unaffected after 2 months of frequent skating and the soles still have lots of life

I was thinking any heelflip tricks would end up really fucking up that mesh area towards the rear midfoot that's just a thin layer between the sock and the board. The toe area seems flawless for sure. Maybe I'll give them a shot.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #296 on: November 23, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »
I have 7 pairs of Crockett hi’s (mostly quasi editions)
2 pair of half cabs pros
5 pairs of Rowans
1 pair of AVE
& 2 pair of style 36 pros to blow through....

Vans has me by the balls  :o

Vans got my balls in a vice grip as well.
I have:
1 pair Crockett Hi
1 pair World Peace
2 pairs of Rowans
2 pairs of Berles
2 pairs of AVEs
1 pair of Walker 1s
2 pairs of Eras to blow through.
Not including my authentics and slip-ons for daily walking the dogs shoes.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2020, 08:26:15 AM »
new AVE pro, first time theyve done split color blocking
Ave Pro

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »
new AVE pro, first time theyve done split color blocking
Ave Pro

First time they've done a decent split color blocking... lest we forget these ones that had potential ACG vibes but kinda missed the mark:
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #299 on: December 12, 2020, 09:01:15 AM »
I know it’s been talked about already but, I’m skating the Rowans. I got them at the Outlet and got the khaki/black foxing tape. I usually go for white foxing tape but got these for free, not sure if it affects anything but... fuck the flick is good. I went from the Fastbreak to these and they’re good. The first kickflip I did felt good and it’s stayed like that. It looks a little weird and so is the weird mid cut. But overall it’s a good feeling skate shoe. I’m a fan.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.