Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115744 times)

burner and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #300 on: December 12, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »
wasn't Bam rocking those purple Half-Cabs for awhile?

Guaranteed Mudman specials

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #301 on: December 12, 2020, 04:51:18 PM »
I want to get those purple half cabs and chuck some white laces in them. They remind me of the purple chukkas Tim Gavin skates in Tim & Henry’s.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #302 on: December 12, 2020, 05:22:32 PM »
I know it’s been talked about already but, I’m skating the Rowans. I got them at the Outlet and got the khaki/black foxing tape. I usually go for white foxing tape but got these for free, not sure if it affects anything but... fuck the flick is good. I went from the Fastbreak to these and they’re good. The first kickflip I did felt good and it’s stayed like that. It looks a little weird and so is the weird mid cut. But overall it’s a good feeling skate shoe. I’m a fan.

I hope the Rowans keep getting made for some time. They also fit me true to size with perfection, which is nice.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2020, 06:33:36 PM »
I want to get those purple half cabs and chuck some white laces in them. They remind me of the purple chukkas Tim Gavin skates in Tim & Henry’s.

https://thepremierstore.com/products/chukka-49-dx-anaheim-factory
 I thought the same thing. Turns out you can even get a step closer! These need to be in constant rotation IMO

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #304 on: December 12, 2020, 10:01:29 PM »
The AVEs are so close to being a perfect Van's shoe for me. The sole is good (performance-wise, looks with the translucent thing aside) and they look good/feel comfortable. Flick is good and consistent. However, the mesh is  in some stupid spots and is stupid thin (hurts if something hits you there), the heel/ankle collar has almost no padding so it feels flimsy and not as supportive back there as I'd like. Basically, the shoes feel kinda dainty for what I thought they were going to be.
Super Champion Fun Zone

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #305 on: December 12, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
The AVEs are so close to being a perfect Van's shoe for me. The sole is good (performance-wise, looks with the translucent thing aside) and they look good/feel comfortable. Flick is good and consistent. However, the mesh is  in some stupid spots and is stupid thin (hurts if something hits you there), the heel/ankle collar has almost no padding so it feels flimsy and not as supportive back there as I'd like. Basically, the shoes feel kinda dainty for what I thought they were going to be.
I’ll take the pain, accidents happen. But as a fan of heelflips, the collar doesn’t feel as durable as the rest of the shoe. My sole went bald and the grip wasn’t affected.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Croquet temper

« Reply #306 on: December 13, 2020, 03:09:10 AM »

I'm glad I got them for half price. I walked over a pile of leaves while wearing them and a twig poked a little hole in the mesh pretty easily. They feel good on your feet for skating, but I can see them blowing out fast in areas that don't usually blow out on a shoe, especially if you heelflip at all your sock might be peeking out the side pretty fast, which is fucked a for a shoe with a pro's name on it that goes for $100.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2020, 08:22:29 PM »
those updated aves looked pretty sick. the ones that look a bit like rowley rapid welds. anyone know when they come out?

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #308 on: December 13, 2020, 08:45:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://thepremierstore.com/products/chukka-49-dx-anaheim-factory
 I thought the same thing. Turns out you can even get a step closer! These need to be in constant rotation IMO

Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up!
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

ballintoohard

« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2020, 09:27:10 PM »
so what is all the talk about the pros and OG's being different and the former being worse now?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #310 on: December 14, 2020, 05:15:25 PM »
Shitty photoshop to convince vans to make a move.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #311 on: December 14, 2020, 05:37:30 PM »
That's dope! Would be an instant buy for me

I almost have gotten the Kyle walkers 2 times and the big ass patch on the tongue has talked me out of it

It would probably be easy to remove you think?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #312 on: December 14, 2020, 05:44:28 PM »

I almost have gotten the Kyle walkers 2 times and the big ass patch on the tongue has talked me out of it

not really. Looks thoroughly stitched in might have better luck cutting it cleanly along the stitching edge.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: December 14, 2020, 05:44:55 PM »
Shitty photoshop to convince vans to make a move.

looks good.. good enough to buy

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2020, 08:06:20 PM »
Didn't they make low cabs that were cupsoles years back? I remember scott kane maybe had a colorway.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2020, 08:07:20 PM »
Didn't they make low cabs that were cupsoles years back? I remember scott kane maybe had a colorway.

They did. That sole was shit

https://sneakernews.com/2009/04/21/vans-low-cab-croc-suede-blue-black-red/
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2020, 11:49:58 PM »
Ive had rowans for about 1.5month...from a above the sole perspective, the most durable shoe so far...but the sole is really starting to feel soft, no structure and flat...which sucks.

I had a pair of Berle’s, which i didnt get for skating but im gonna switch it in, the sole on it feels pretty tough...i wish rowans had that sole.

They should make like a BMX Rowan...same shoe and that BMX sole...and make the off-white gum colourway again

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #317 on: December 15, 2020, 02:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They did. That sole was shit

https://sneakernews.com/2009/04/21/vans-low-cab-croc-suede-blue-black-red/

That period was very bad, the super thin soles with the little hard triangle where the arch / primo spot is.

I still have some of the normal cupsoles in light tan / khaki colour, just wore them a bit as chillers but by that time I was wearing lots of other types, but they were a different shoe.  This is the closest, I think:

https://www.the-house.com/vn0lc09bf7zz-vans-skate-shoes.html

I also had a pair or more of these Lo Cab in the video, which were like the Fairlane that Ray Barbee made very popular, same sole and same period.  Vid says they are 1994 but I think I had them a bit later than that.  That might have been the closest shoe to the Es Accel which was one of the cleanest looking shoes and skated really well too.

A lot of people were pretty keen to see this sort of shoe come back, which might be the best of both worlds with the extra support in the BMX sole versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciRbzjMEPvE
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #318 on: December 15, 2020, 01:38:02 PM »

I never noticed how much I didn't like it until you mentioned it...

Wasn't hard to remove, took less than 10 mins total for both shoes. I just pulled out the stitches from the front with a blade. Only lame part is the rivets are real, I ripped 'em out but it did leave two tiny holes. Probably just going to toss a dab of shoe goo on it.

They're great shoes, these are my third pair. Not as bulky as the Berle's and doesn't have the 'pebble magnet' sole either (literally would carry one of those metal dab tools to pry rocks out at the spot). I would consider them on the wide end of a medium width and TTS.

shalom and free max b

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2020, 02:11:34 PM »
My guy! Sorry to bring the patch into your awareness nhaha good job though
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »
I wish Van’s would release the full cab pro again minus the goofy faux animal skin. I am stoked on the Rowley Pro being out again though, gonna have to cop a few pairs.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: December 15, 2020, 05:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wasn't hard to remove, took less than 10 mins total for both shoes. I just pulled out the stitches from the front with a blade. Only lame part is the rivets are real, I ripped 'em out but it did leave two tiny holes. Probably just going to toss a dab of shoe goo on it.

They're great shoes, these are my third pair. Not as bulky as the Berle's and doesn't have the 'pebble magnet' sole either (literally would carry one of those metal dab tools to pry rocks out at the spot). I would consider them on the wide end of a medium width and TTS.

shalom and free max b
nice work, way better. thread puller?

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2020, 08:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Wasn't hard to remove, took less than 10 mins total for both shoes. I just pulled out the stitches from the front with a blade. Only lame part is the rivets are real, I ripped 'em out but it did leave two tiny holes. Probably ju

st going to toss a dab of shoe goo on it.

shalom and free max b
[close]
nice work, way better. thread puller?

Nah not even that fancy, I just used an exacto knife and picked the stitch out from the front until it was loose. For the rivets i cut the leather patch down the middle so each side was connected to one rivet, spun it around a few times to loosen it up and ripped it off with brute force and ignorance.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 06:52:04 AM by LewFarrell »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #323 on: December 17, 2020, 02:30:22 AM »
I wish Van’s would release the full cab pro again minus the goofy faux animal skin. I am stoked on the Rowley Pro being out again though, gonna have to cop a few pairs.

The synthetic material of the OG Rowleys were a bit of a pain and would shred easily, but the new versions seem like he is back on the meat wagon, full suede and works well.  The sole is thinner in the new Rowley shoe though, with only the thin fixed insole, but that might appeal to some people as well, but might be a pain to others.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #324 on: December 17, 2020, 04:57:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The synthetic material of the OG Rowleys were a bit of a pain and would shred easily, but the new versions seem like he is back on the meat wagon, full suede and works well.  The sole is thinner in the new Rowley shoe though, with only the thin fixed insole, but that might appeal to some people as well, but might be a pain to others.

I usually prefer the ultracush insoles but I’ll still give the new ones a try. I think the Rowley Pro is one of the best looking shoes ever.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2020, 07:22:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I usually prefer the ultracush insoles but I’ll still give the new ones a try. I think the Rowley Pro is one of the best looking shoes ever.
https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/rowley-rapidweld-pro-navy-white#hero=4
This version is a waffle cup with ultracush according to the site. Does it feel thin? I have a pair of the crockett highs and I love the feeling of the sole. wondering if we have the same metric for what feels thin.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #326 on: December 17, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
I’ve got both the rowley rapidweld and some crocket 2s (ultracush)  in rotation at the moment.

The rowley definitely feels slightly thinner in the sole and overall more lightweight. They definitely feel more supportive and “tech” than a regular vans pro classic show though. The Crockett s feel slightly thicker in the forefoot and slightly cusher round the heel. 

Hope that makes sense.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
I’ve got both the rowley rapidweld and some crocket 2s (ultracush)  in rotation at the moment.

The rowley definitely feels slightly thinner in the sole and overall more lightweight. They definitely feel more supportive and “tech” than a regular vans pro classic show though. The Crockett s feel slightly thicker in the forefoot and slightly cusher round the heel. 

Hope that makes sense.
It does, thank you. Rowley's look mighty tempting but I need to keep my head in the game skating through all the shoes i have already.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #328 on: December 17, 2020, 09:18:56 AM »
Damn I want those rowleys. Had xlts when I was a kid. And they ripped so fast. My mom was so bummed.  I want these but I got crocketts coming.

Croquet temper

« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2020, 06:06:17 PM »
Damn I want those rowleys. Had xlts when I was a kid. And they ripped so fast. My mom was so bummed.  I want these but I got crocketts coming.

XLTs, bummin moms since 2001, yo

Those Quasi Crocketts with the navy/green colorway were fucking excellent.