Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 121952 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #990 on: June 20, 2023, 05:36:14 PM »
Interesting...

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #991 on: June 20, 2023, 06:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Very different. the pair he is wearing has heel pull tabs. AVE pro do not.
[close]

That pull tab helps a lot when putting the shoe on as the collar is similar to a Prime Knit Adidas shoe.
yes! And imo more blatantly the numeric 288s type collar.

Out_of_Step

• Rep: 2
« Reply #992 on: June 21, 2023, 09:53:11 AM »
Any word of a new Chima model? In one of his IG stories last week it looked like he was wearing a Sk8-Low, the toe looked similar, but the stripe went further towards the back and there appeared to be a notch on the heel like the Chima 2, so basically it looked like a Sk8-Lo/Chima 2 mashed together.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #993 on: June 21, 2023, 12:07:40 PM »
Any word of a new Chima model? In one of his IG stories last week it looked like he was wearing a Sk8-Low, the toe looked similar, but the stripe went further towards the back and there appeared to be a notch on the heel like the Chima 2, so basically it looked like a Sk8-Lo/Chima 2 mashed together.

Did you get a screenshot? Pretty sure Chima is done with pro models like Berle . They pulled his model without a new one and he doesn’t even get colorways.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #994 on: June 21, 2023, 12:42:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you get a screenshot? Pretty sure Chima is done with pro models like Berle . They pulled his model without a new one and he doesn’t even get colorways.
I feel like the Chima 2 was a sleeper hit with the same set that liked the Janoski. Maybe most of the shoes sold didn't get skated much or at all but I saw them on a lot of feet when they more current. I could see Vans giving him another shoe just based off of sales and name recognition alone but I think it's kind of a new movement over there so maybe not.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Out_of_Step

« Reply #995 on: June 21, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure if I would even know how to do screenshot on a story. Ya, at this point I would be surprised if he got another model since he hasn't had a new color released in a while. There usually seems to be some overlap between the current model and the new one when it gets released. Though, I feel like AVE went a few years without his own because the AVE Pro came out. 
Maybe what I saw was just a Sk8-Low or and Old Skool.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #996 on: June 21, 2023, 05:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New AVE shoe?
[close]

Yes but not sure if it is the final production model or not. The team riders wear tested that shoe this past Winter. It is a big improvement over the current AVE shoe IMO.
[close]

Can you explain what's different cuz it looks like the same shoe?
[close]

You can definitely see the DNA from the current shoe but the new one is quite a bit different. A new Ultimate Waffle sole. The upper is a knit/sock like upper around the ankles. The heel is reinforced for stability. The toe panel is beefed up to prevent the day one ollie holes that tend to happen with the current version.

I hope so. Because putting glue and goop on the brand new shoe sucks.
Then
The Mesh crumbed where the glue was too thin and I had to rebuild that stupid thing with tape on the inside and double down on goop all the way to the laces.

I'm fucking bummed. I just wanted the sick ass clear soles. The shoe fuckin skates too.

I'm a fucking street ass mother fuckin dude. I need the shoe to last at least a month.

Is the nyjah made of the same stuff?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #997 on: June 21, 2023, 05:21:44 PM »
Yeah I can see it. They fixed it.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

turdtastic

• Rep: 54
« Reply #998 on: June 22, 2023, 12:05:09 AM »
Any Euro TMs or the like got a season/year for the new AVE shoe drop?

Also WTF with Vault getting dropped and now it’s OTW?  Didn’t they have an OTW line that bombed once already??

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #999 on: June 22, 2023, 12:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hopefully, his shoe was ubershit in every possible level.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1000 on: June 22, 2023, 12:25:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wasn’t the rumor that Berle’s first shoe wasn’t his choice but Vans testing out new tech and his second would be his own design?

He is getting colorways.
But I rather have Chima get a new shoe.

I weirdly saw his first shoe frequently with non-skaters.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1001 on: June 22, 2023, 12:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Very different. the pair he is wearing has heel pull tabs. AVE pro do not.
[close]

That pull tab helps a lot when putting the shoe on as the collar is similar to a Prime Knit Adidas shoe.
[close]
yes! And imo more blatantly the numeric 288s type collar.

Nah, not quite like that.
How much for an order of ribs?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1002 on: June 22, 2023, 01:00:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Wasn’t the rumor that Berle’s first shoe wasn’t his choice but Vans testing out new tech and his second would be his own design?

He is getting colorways.

No I heard Elijah was just lazy with input

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #1003 on: June 22, 2023, 01:53:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

He is getting colorways.

[close]

I heard he was pushed to go with the new wafflecup at the time.

For me, it kinda makes sense since he mostly skates vulc shoes.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1004 on: June 22, 2023, 02:29:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

He is getting colorways.

[close]

[close]

I heard he was pushed to go with the new wafflecup at the time.

For me, it kinda makes sense since he mostly skates vulc shoes.
And that dumb not removable insole. Ew.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Out_of_Step

« Reply #1005 on: June 22, 2023, 07:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

He is getting colorways.

I can definitely see non-skaters wearing Chima 1s. They were a pretty simple design that didn't overly look like a skate shoe. That was pretty much me. I stopped skating around 96-97, but never stopped following it. I mainly wore classic Eras and Old Skools for years, but then I saw that they had Pro versions of these around 2010, that's all I started wearing. Chima 1s caught my eye because in certain colors, they looked like a "nicer" sneaker. I had a wedding to go to and I will do anything to avoid wearing dress shoes so I grabbed a pair in brown and they looked decent with a suite. I did finally get back on a board about 5 years ago and had a pair of Chima 2s. I like them as a casual sneaker, but I didn't like skating in them. I didn't think they held up well at all.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #1006 on: June 22, 2023, 12:06:34 PM »
If you factor in the time they spend having to buy and ship the shoes in terms of hourly wages they're likely losing money.

My friend introduced me to the term "bricking" in the shoe hustle game, which is when you buy an expensive shoe and make like $20 profit selling it after everything is said and done. I guess the high volume sellers take the risk because for every $20 shoe, there are some Travis Scott Dunks which you can sell for the price of a small car.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1007 on: June 22, 2023, 01:16:10 PM »
Any Euro TMs or the like got a season/year for the new AVE shoe drop?

Also WTF with Vault getting dropped and now it’s OTW?  Didn’t they have an OTW line that bombed once already??

I wonder if OTW is supposed to compete more with brands like Hoka. Here’s an article about how Vans needs to try new styles to deal with the new trends towards larger footwear: https://archive.is/PWHiX

Vans Vault wasn’t the line to fix that issue.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1008 on: June 22, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »
Shot in the dark but does anyone know how much the Palace Carroll-ero pros are gonna go for?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1009 on: June 22, 2023, 08:20:48 PM »
Shot in the dark but does anyone know how much the Palace Carroll-ero pros are gonna go for?

It’s Palace and a custom model. I’m gonna guess at least $100 minimum.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1010 on: June 23, 2023, 07:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s Palace and a custom model. I’m gonna guess at least $100 minimum.

They’re going for €100. So 108 and some change in American currency.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1011 on: June 23, 2023, 08:46:05 AM »
Expand Quote
If you factor in the time they spend having to buy and ship the shoes in terms of hourly wages they're likely losing money.
[close]

My friend introduced me to the term "bricking" in the shoe hustle game, which is when you buy an expensive shoe and make like $20 profit selling it after everything is said and done. I guess the high volume sellers take the risk because for every $20 shoe, there are some Travis Scott Dunks which you can sell for the price of a small car.
there are much worse outcomes than a $20 profit, stockx has an "under retail" filter, meaning a lot of resellers are losing money trying to flip shoes

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1012 on: June 23, 2023, 09:01:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
there are much worse outcomes than a $20 profit, stockx has an "under retail" filter, meaning a lot of resellers are losing money trying to flip shoes

High volume sellers like people who can get full size runs on shoes turn a better profit but usually need to find places/people that will buy in bulk. Most “resellers” are people who buy one pair and hopes they can buy a car with the profits. When in reality, even they’re not getting the really valuable pairs.

So most people are bricking sales. Making $8 profit (after StockX, Grailed, etc) take their cut. And buyers end up paying more in shipping than resellers make in profit.

And to my comment earlier about resellers, I’m just fed up with resellers in general. Most recently that my cousin visiting the states from the Philippines wanted to see the Broad museum. I tried to get tickets for a Saturday and resellers bot that site, take all the good times, and then sell them on Craigslist and shit for $50/pop. And they’re FREE tickets. I contacted one and offered $10/ticket and was told they’d rather let the ticket go to waste than not get their asking price. Fucking vultures.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1013 on: June 23, 2023, 09:57:31 AM »
Ended up passing on the palace vans for $112 shipped directly from Palace site

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1014 on: June 23, 2023, 01:50:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

High volume sellers like people who can get full size runs on shoes turn a better profit but usually need to find places/people that will buy in bulk. Most “resellers” are people who buy one pair and hopes they can buy a car with the profits. When in reality, even they’re not getting the really valuable pairs.

So most people are bricking sales. Making $8 profit (after StockX, Grailed, etc) take their cut. And buyers end up paying more in shipping than resellers make in profit.

And to my comment earlier about resellers, I’m just fed up with resellers in general. Most recently that my cousin visiting the states from the Philippines wanted to see the Broad museum. I tried to get tickets for a Saturday and resellers bot that site, take all the good times, and then sell them on Craigslist and shit for $50/pop. And they’re FREE tickets. I contacted one and offered $10/ticket and was told they’d rather let the ticket go to waste than not get their asking price. Fucking vultures.
I can't fucking believe it's come to fighting scalping bots for a fucking museum. We live in a straight up dystopia
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #1015 on: June 23, 2023, 02:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I can't fucking believe it's come to fighting scalping bots for a fucking museum. We live in a straight up dystopia

The only growth sector left in the economy is shit like this. It's why insulin costs $400/vial.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1016 on: June 23, 2023, 03:20:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

It’s more than sneakers and shit.

Resellers take advantage of everything.

Like folk that were buying all the toilet paper from Costco during lockdown, walking out the store, then immediately selling them. Also, when there was a national baby formula shortage, they ran to stores, clearing shelves and reselling the stuff. Like, mutherfucker, people needed this stuff to keep babies alive.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1017 on: June 26, 2023, 06:59:39 AM »
My Skate Half Cabs came in today, and goddamn are they ever tight across the forefoot.  Perfect lengthwise, but even with the laces undone as much as possible they still feel way too tight.  Huge bummer as they feel and look amazing otherwise, but I guess I’m resigned to only buying shoes that are purposely wide as hell.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1018 on: June 26, 2023, 07:20:59 AM »
My Skate Half Cabs came in today, and goddamn are they ever tight across the forefoot.  Perfect lengthwise, but even with the laces undone as much as possible they still feel way too tight.  Huge bummer as they feel and look amazing otherwise, but I guess I’m resigned to only buying shoes that are purposely wide as hell.
use a pair of shoe-trees during a few nights, it could get the job done.
mine needed a week of walking around to break in

saw the AVE2 irl today. The upper looks like a heavy flyknit (sock-like). I hope it's stronger than it looks.
a bunch of reinforced areas too. Price tag hurts (130-140$)

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1019 on: June 26, 2023, 11:17:49 AM »
Bought the Palace X Vans. Most likely gonna be my summer/casual wear shoes since they're not a common silhouette.

Then again, they'll probably end up getting skated at some point.