Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 122083 times)

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #1170 on: February 02, 2024, 03:04:44 PM »
I'm glad to hear the Rowan 2 isn't a flop, I see there's a spitfire collab out
I'm not big into wheel and truck company collab shoes but they look ok

I was just checking the Vans U.S. site and you guys got some cool colorways of the zahba mid too
All brown/gum and basically a triple black

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 105
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1171 on: February 02, 2024, 03:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love it, thanks all for the info. Was leaning towards another pair of 1010s or some 480s, but may give the Rowan 2s a shot instead.
[close]

Same here. Thanks,Curb. Picking up a pair of Rowan 2 for my old feet/back/hips
[close]

Hope you like them. I'm a fossil and my feet barely have any pain post session🙌

A couple days walking around at work and two sessions on the miniramp and no pain! I’m really digging these.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1172 on: February 02, 2024, 07:33:04 PM »

They're pretty low key, no logos blasted everywhere; tho I would not have minded the heel counter graphic having some color to it.

Found an insole for arch support that works in them and really digging the shoe again. Hopefully some more/new colorways drop.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #1173 on: February 03, 2024, 01:03:17 AM »
Got a Nick Michel halfcab colorway for really cheap. Love that they got this trecking/hiking shoe vibe going.
It runs slightly smaller than other half cabs I had, which was a surprise - anyways great shoe

dstrytruitt

« Reply #1174 on: February 03, 2024, 06:14:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're pretty low key, no logos blasted everywhere; tho I would not have minded the heel counter graphic having some color to it.

Found an insole for arch support that works in them and really digging the shoe again. Hopefully some more/new colorways drop.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to more colorways, too. The chocolate/purpleish is the only one I really dig so far.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1175 on: February 03, 2024, 07:16:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I’m looking forward to more colorways, too. The chocolate/purpleish is the only one I really dig so far.

Same, but I settled for the black upper, white outsole; the pics of the chocolate don't help, they look really red like clay red/milk chocolate and no one has that colorway around here to see in 'real world lighting'.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1176 on: February 03, 2024, 07:33:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Same, but I settled for the black upper, white outsole; the pics of the chocolate don't help, they look really red like clay red/milk chocolate and no one has that colorway around here to see in 'real world lighting'.

I have them and they look very close to that picture. There are a few new colorways on the Vans website.
How much for an order of ribs?

dstrytruitt

« Reply #1177 on: February 04, 2024, 11:23:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have them and they look very close to that picture. There are a few new colorways on the Vans website.

The black and brown are cool but the spitfire collab look really nice.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1178 on: February 04, 2024, 02:07:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This shoe looks like it has an underbite

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1179 on: February 09, 2024, 03:33:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

"Now in REI stores across the continental US!"
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

jums

• User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1180 on: February 12, 2024, 04:15:45 PM »
Are Rowan 2s worth the C-note? Those joints were calling me after I handled and tried them on today at my local Vans store.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1181 on: February 12, 2024, 04:34:08 PM »
Are Rowan 2s worth the C-note? Those joints were calling me after I handled and tried them on today at my local Vans store.

I love mine.

jums

• User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1182 on: February 12, 2024, 04:36:58 PM »
Bet

Imma buy 2 pairs

They have a nice toe & a cupsole

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1183 on: February 12, 2024, 04:38:18 PM »

These look dope. I've only ever skated eras, is the only difference the padding around the heel?

I want to say yes after years of skating both but I think the eras are slightly wider due to the padding? I’ve only skated the newer eras tho haven’t had any authentics since they upgraded the skate line a few years back. Dunno if the high changes that either but other than yeah it’s basically just the padding .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1184 on: February 13, 2024, 10:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote

These look dope. I've only ever skated eras, is the only difference the padding around the heel?
[close]

I want to say yes after years of skating both but I think the eras are slightly wider due to the padding? I’ve only skated the newer eras tho haven’t had any authentics since they upgraded the skate line a few years back. Dunno if the high changes that either but other than yeah it’s basically just the padding .
I have a pair of both and yeah padding around the heel is the only real difference. The padding makes it fit tighter in that area for me and my foot doesn't lift up quite as much. I have to size up a little because my feet are pretty wide and the Eras have less heel slip than the Authentics thanks to the padding in the heel area. The Authentics look a bit wider in the midfoot section but I have the Eras laced tighter so I think it's just that.

Authentic on the left, Era on the right.

Jack Locke

« Reply #1185 on: February 22, 2024, 04:54:56 AM »
seems like vans is going through an identity crisis. i think i'm pretty much unable to skate in their vulcs anymore. tried some basically brand new half cabs, my feet were aching for hours after. I'm really old though.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1186 on: February 22, 2024, 07:36:09 AM »
seems like vans is going through an identity crisis. i think i'm pretty much unable to skate in their vulcs anymore. tried some basically brand new half cabs, my feet were aching for hours after. I'm really old though.
You know, nobody asked me to do so, but I kind of want to rant about this for a little bit.
In the last three years I've probably bought at least one of each Vans model. I've bought from every line they've made (regular, vault, skate). There's a few things I've figured out about Vans Skate:
Popcush is possibly the best and the worst thing that ever happened to Vans. A lot of shoes use this but many of the models use a poorer quality version of popcush that doesn't have the same density or firmness. How vans put pop cush in their shoes is part of the issue, because there is still not enough underfoot support from the waffle outsole due to how thin it is, and the rubber compound that Vans is using for their shoes is nowadays extremely soft, wears super quickly. My shoes from like five years ago are still in good condition with no visible wear, while my crockett quasi have already started to ball at the heel despite having only bought them in mid January. For me (I'm in my mid twenties), the shoes are comfortable enough for an everyday wear, but it feels like you're walking through sand or mud because of how mushy the insole is, and I can tell it sometimes actually negatively impacts my gait. The interior elastic strap placement is also never consistent. I've had shoes where one side was an inch higher than the other and I just end up cutting them. I don't know if the quality has dipped, but the QC is absolutely horrible nowadays for Vans. I've probably gotten four warranty claims approved in the last two years because of defective shoes (one shoe being a half size smaller than the other on the upper). I could spend five hours just ranting about Vans business model, it's unsustainability, their terrible marketing, but I think I'll just spare everyone anymore of that lmao. Almost shit my pants laughing
at the fact they put alva and geering on their front page for absolutely no reason.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1187 on: February 22, 2024, 12:09:07 PM »

Their stock price certainly back this up as they continue to fail to meet revenue projections.

They are spread too thin in the 'lifestyle' and failing in the core markets (Rowan 2 and Zhaba mid aside imo; both being the best shoes to come out of that house in years)

Xen

• SLAP Pal

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1189 on: February 23, 2024, 06:43:01 AM »
Vans just relaunched their Vault line as "OTW" and there's a lot of trash
https://otw.vans.com/en-us/c/otw-90083

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1190 on: February 23, 2024, 06:50:14 AM »
Anyone bought vans classics lately?(who doesn't hate vans) has the quality dropped significantly or anything?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1191 on: February 23, 2024, 08:55:02 AM »

what a joke. sad!
good come sausage

dstrytruitt

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #1193 on: February 23, 2024, 10:03:47 AM »

Hold up non-synth Rowley XLTs... Shame I can't get down with ANY of those colorways

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1194 on: February 23, 2024, 10:30:27 AM »
Anyone bought vans classics lately?(who doesn't hate vans) has the quality dropped significantly or anything?

I bought a pair of regular Eras a month or so ago. For a few years prior I was wearing Skate Customs in all suede. The last pair of Custom Skates fell apart pretty fast, and I didn't even skate in them. I figured for that price/quality I'll go back to regular Eras and put in some better insoles. So I tore out the insoles and put in some older UltraCush. I couldn't use PopCush insoles cause I had no room left for my toes. The regular Eras with Ultracush took a little bit of breaking in whereas the Custom Pro/Skate were comfy right out of the box. So I guess long winded way to say the regular ones seem pretty regular from what I remember? A little tighter than before maybe? We'll see how long they last. Unsure what I'll get next. Might abandon Vans and get sperry topsiders or some shit, and I've been wearing vans nearly exclusively for like 25 years.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1195 on: February 23, 2024, 10:36:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bought a pair of regular Eras a month or so ago. For a few years prior I was wearing Skate Customs in all suede. The last pair of Custom Skates fell apart pretty fast, and I didn't even skate in them. I figured for that price/quality I'll go back to regular Eras and put in some better insoles. So I tore out the insoles and put in some older UltraCush. I couldn't use PopCush insoles cause I had no room left for my toes. The regular Eras with Ultracush took a little bit of breaking in whereas the Custom Pro/Skate were comfy right out of the box. So I guess long winded way to say the regular ones seem pretty regular from what I remember? A little tighter than before maybe? We'll see how long they last. Unsure what I'll get next. Might abandon Vans and get sperry topsiders or some shit, and I've been wearing vans nearly exclusively for like 25 years.
Sick thanks. I'm like 65% vans for the last 25 years but I prob regret more than half of my non vans purchases.
Aus sites got a bunch of pig suedes for like 70% off I think I'll take the gamble. Funny I still run the insoles out of my TNT 2s from like 06 or something. I must have put 20k KMs on them and they still feel better than anything else and so far they fit into most classic vans once you rip the stock out (altho I actually like keeping the stock in for as long as possible)

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1196 on: February 23, 2024, 10:37:43 AM »
Hi yes I'd like one workwear-green half-shirt with blousy titty pockets please?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1197 on: February 23, 2024, 11:53:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hold up non-synth Rowley XLTs... Shame I can't get down with ANY of those colorways
There are two new (normal) colorways of genuine suede/leather XLTs on the regular Vans site now
https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/rowley-xlt-shoe-pvn000ctmba2

turdtastic

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1198 on: February 23, 2024, 02:05:27 PM »

Ouch.
Cmon SLAP, let’s make VF an offer on Vans so it can be skater-owned again.
I got 5 on it.

Besides, I need a job anyway…

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1199 on: February 23, 2024, 02:16:40 PM »
Cmon SLAP, let’s make VF an offer on Vans so it can be skater-owned again.
I got 5 on it.

Besides, I need a job anyway…
I'll throw 5 in as well. My job search isn't going great so I'll be TM and all decisions regarding who gets on and who gets of will be made through Slap polls.