Author Topic: What happened to Jeremy Klein?  (Read 26799 times)

Tear Up a Trick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
Re: What happened to Jeremy Klein?
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2020, 11:01:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Jeremy's been a favourite of mine since his World days.
One of the best fuck you/I don't care attitudes.
Always makes me laugh, seeing a van with the dash on fire run over large trees.
Best Fastplants, ever.
He likes making nice skateboards, with silk screened graphics that look amazing and skate amazing.
[close]

Hi Jeremy

We're all a little Jeremy.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2020, 08:41:30 AM »
I just remembered that Jerry Hsu said his favorite Asian skater of all time is Jeremy Klein.  So that's worth something.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -68
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2020, 09:03:34 AM »
I have love for almost anyone who truly does not give a shit what other people think about them and you can't knock his skating.
That edit he did with Greco was cool, too.

Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »
That interview just screams “2001”.
Also his part in “The Beginning” is still one of the worst parts of all time.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -68
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2020, 09:14:41 AM »
That interview just screams “2001”.
Also his part in “The Beginning” is still one of the worst parts of all time.

Well, his haircut does.
Oh come on, there are dozens upon dozens of parts worse than 'The Beginning'.
Tough to follow up 'The End', it was always going to be lesser than, but still a good part.
Dude was in his what, mid 30's? Back then?
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 831
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2020, 10:23:43 AM »
Was he the first person to ollie the Carlsbad gap?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2020, 10:25:49 AM »
I hope they put on his gravestone (after a long happy existence)      "Great skater - he was no Willy Santos, but he was a great skater"
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2020, 10:52:57 AM »
Was he the first person to ollie the Carlsbad gap?

I was wondering same thing.

I think he was the first to flip out?  Of a noseslide?  But he did it as a joke or something?

Also his backside smith on a handrail in Rubbish Heap was so far ahead of its time he must have used a time machine.

Love his skating, amused that he is essentially the same skate rat / video game nerd / candy eater that he's been for 30+ years, but he comes across perhaps challenging

Ocelot

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2020, 04:55:37 PM »
Did Jeremy ever do any Evangelion decks? I would buy one

Felt like he was always just taking graphics from the Gundam style

Hookups honestly feels kinda fake sometime with its preferred anime art style and what it uses, like it's some old american guy cosplaying as a weeb

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2020, 06:00:21 PM »
He definitely fornicates with plushies.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »

Hookups honestly feels kinda fake sometime with its preferred anime art style and what it uses, like it's some old american guy cosplaying as a weeb

JK industries did some, they look pretty sick.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2020, 06:13:06 PM »
Greco needs to just film their conversations
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2020, 06:15:13 PM »

I mean that's what it is in it's entirety
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2020, 06:29:57 PM »
I've wanted to pull the trigger on his megaman deck for forever

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »
I've wanted to pull the trigger on his megaman deck for forever

Had the 8.0, best deck I've had in a long time

exotic joe

• Rep: -46
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2020, 10:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
there's a small legion of anime nerds that hate him, and give him flack in the comments section. This probably why they're off. A lot of early hookups traced(or referenced) from Japanese shit that was more obscure in pre-internet culture. He doesn't want that heat

dream girl, for example, is from the game gear game psychic world... obviously a not well-known game.

[close]

Didnt know that. Super cool
no Jeremy is a bitch about it. It is because people mention he stole his logo. I saw someone ask why his comments were off on older posts so I mentioned this mans theory and was blocked.
“ And then-I send it” ninjah huston

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2020, 11:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there's a small legion of anime nerds that hate him, and give him flack in the comments section. This probably why they're off. A lot of early hookups traced(or referenced) from Japanese shit that was more obscure in pre-internet culture. He doesn't want that heat

dream girl, for example, is from the game gear game psychic world... obviously a not well-known game.

[close]

[close]
no Jeremy is a bitch about it. It is because people mention he stole his logo. I saw someone ask why his comments were off on older posts so I mentioned this mans theory and was blocked.

At the beginning of this thread you didn’t know the difference between Jeremy Elkin and Jeremy Klein. Of course he blocked you. You’re an idiot.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2020, 02:36:10 AM »
i dm'd him asking if he might have any old deadstock shirts but he never got back to me. i really think it's lame that he never made it into a legit board company with a full team. 

i wanted to get a hookups board again but he doesn't make them in 8.3.8
even the steven

Ocelot

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2020, 05:07:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

JK industries did some, they look pretty sick.

I found the Rei decks

I can't express in words how much I hate the look of those decks,  jesus christ....

So tacky and distasteful

exotic joe

• Rep: -46
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2020, 07:23:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

At the beginning of this thread you didn’t know the difference between Jeremy Elkin and Jeremy Klein. Of course he blocked you. You’re an idiot.
since when does dyslexia mean you are an idiot? Also all I did was comment saying he probably turned off comments because people call him out about tracing a graphic. How would that indicate that I am stupid enough to block? You are saying I’m so dumb of course I was blocked because I confused Jeremy Klein and Jeremy elkin but he had no way of knowing that himself so I don’t see why he would block me for that. Are you Jeremy? Lol
“ And then-I send it” ninjah huston

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2020, 10:46:08 PM »
About 5 years ago he asked what kind of Hook-Ups apparel would people buy. I said I’d for sure buy a Hook-Ups 5 panel hat. Then he absolutely fucking lost it. I come back to 3 paragraphs about how he hates 5 panels and they’re ruining the industry, yadda yadda, as if his shitty thermal prints do anything to contribute. Mind you this is when Huf is fucking massive and 5 panels are everywhere. You can see why this guy is choked. Then fucking Jeremy Wray chimes in and calls me an idiot so I unfortunately had to call the legend out on his shitty Wray Bro’s brand. My back was against the wall and two legendary Jeremy’s had me cornered (thankfully not Ron Jeremy), so I had no choice but to block them because they continued with paragraphs as responses.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1007
  • the moon rules
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2020, 11:10:39 PM »
About 5 years ago he asked what kind of Hook-Ups apparel would people buy. I said I’d for sure buy a Hook-Ups 5 panel hat. Then he absolutely fucking lost it. I come back to 3 paragraphs about how he hates 5 panels and they’re ruining the industry, yadda yadda, as if his shitty thermal prints do anything to contribute. Mind you this is when Huf is fucking massive and 5 panels are everywhere. You can see why this guy is choked. Then fucking Jeremy Wray chimes in and calls me an idiot so I unfortunately had to call the legend out on his shitty Wray Bro’s brand. My back was against the wall and two legendary Jeremy’s had me cornered (thankfully not Ron Jeremy), so I had no choice but to block them because they continued with paragraphs as responses.
Post screenshots

I was on a team playing against Jeremy Wray in skate trivia. One of the rounds had photos and mag covers with the skater cut out. His team got the answer wrong or one of them, and the correct answer was “Jeremy Wray”. I’ll never forget that
fuck you bama

cookiecuttersuburb

• Rep: -18
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2020, 11:36:21 PM »

Would gnar if could

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2020, 06:07:44 AM »

Best part

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »

Wray Bros still around? Really sad to see J.Wray and Pat Channita looking out of shape stomping out mediocre park footage.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2020, 02:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Post screenshots

I was on a team playing against Jeremy Wray in skate trivia. One of the rounds had photos and mag covers with the skater cut out. His team got the answer wrong or one of them, and the correct answer was “Jeremy Wray”. I’ll never forget that
I’m trying to find it. Dude has 1400+ posts and it was literally almost 5 years ago

sonny sharrock

• Rep: 4
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »
Heard he was working at Nintendo Power

Jeremy did work for Nintendo Power at one point in the 90's. They used to have a phone line that you'd call if you needed tips on how to beat games and he was one of the operators giving these tips for NES games.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2020, 05:14:22 PM »

I vaguely remember this, or the topic anyway.

Are 5 panel hats still in existence?  Is the industry?  He might have had a point.

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I vaguely remember this, or the topic anyway.

Are 5 panel hats still in existence?  Is the industry?  He might have had a point.

5 panels were replaced by bucket hats, then dad hats took over

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's  disabled  all comments  on instagram.  My guess is he kept getting  harassed by sissies bitching  about objectifying women in graphics or some stupid shit.
[close]
more like he got sick of blocking every single person that might have said something remotely non-Hetero. Our very own Tae owned him so hard in the comments one time that I chuckling to myself for days...
[close]
Shit do you have a screenshot of that?

I’d doubt he kept the comment up for long, but I did keep a copy of it for SLAP lore:

“Hugging Steve Caballero isn't gay. Okay, think about it like this; people are made up of 3D atoms, and when you die your 3D atoms go off and become other things. This means that every girl would most likely be made up of 3D atoms that were once in a dude, so if you bang her you are technically banging a dude, and that's fucking gay. Which is why I stick to your 2D anime artwork Klein, because women should embody the spirit of the Yamato Nadeshiko type of character. Loyal, obedient and always happy to see you 💯💯💯"

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year