Author Topic: What happened to Jeremy Klein?  (Read 26236 times)

Heatwaves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: What happened to Jeremy Klein?
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2020, 08:09:47 PM »

If this doesn't convince you that this guy is the absolute worst I don't know what will. Biggest incel involved in skateboarding at the moment.
this.... this is disappointing. Mans a cocky weeb the worst type of person

Heatwaves

• Rep: 2
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2020, 08:16:39 PM »
if you remove skateboarding from that 411 clip i'd assume it was home videos by a future school shooter
!

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2020, 08:52:13 PM »
He has a few parts I really enjoy, in Ravers he skates to Cocteau Twins so he gets points for that. But he does seem like a shithead otherwise

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2020, 11:35:41 PM »
He has a few parts I really enjoy, in Ravers he skates to Cocteau Twins so he gets points for that. But he does seem like a shithead otherwise

I rented that from the skateshop when it was new and dubbed a copy onto a blank VHS.

My impression then, as it is now, was that Jeremy's part was kind of a lark--dated skating from a rider of yesteryear. I think that part got better with age. Those Ollies were huge, especially on such tiny wheels.

Willy Santos's part was seriously next-level.

I know it's credited as a '93 release but it was definitely early in the year because I remember watching it on repeat waiting for snow to melt.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2020, 12:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote

If this doesn't convince you that this guy is the absolute worst I don't know what will. Biggest incel involved in skateboarding at the moment.
[close]
shoutout mark duplass for one of the tracks in this

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2020, 01:12:24 AM »
Wonder what kind of friendship he and Heath Kirchart have/had. They both seem to have a kind of darkness in them. Though Jeremy's is more incel public masturbator vibes while Heath has a badass kinda James Bond thing going on.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -68
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2020, 01:17:33 AM »
Wonder what kind of friendship he and Heath Kirchart have/had. They both seem to have a kind of darkness in them. Though Jeremy's is more incel public masturbator vibes while Heath has a badass kinda James Bond thing going on.

I was waiting for Patrick OhWell to ask Heath about his friendship with Klein, or anything from that era at Birdhouse, but no chance.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2020, 04:04:53 AM »
In the man who souled the world documentary commentary Rocco seems genuinely amused every time Klein is on the screen or talking.  Would like to hear more about their relationship. 

NBD4ABD

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2020, 04:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Klein - "Whats up with this nextel bullshit" Greco - "Its a free fucking phone"

PL0P

• Rep: 11
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2020, 08:05:32 AM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
Love the Heath/ Jeremy era but I've always suspected that Jeremy wanted to (and has) stayed the same, and Heath got into other things (motorcycles and whatever) and kinda moved on to do his own thing.
I also found it weird that they spoke of the Beagle era in Heath's epicly later'd but not the Jeremy era at all? Whack.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2020, 09:33:09 AM »
Love the Heath/ Jeremy era but I've always suspected that Jeremy wanted to (and has) stayed the same, and Heath got into other things (motorcycles and whatever) and kinda moved on to do his own thing.
I also found it weird that they spoke of the Beagle era in Heath's epicly later'd but not the Jeremy era at all? Whack.

Agreed and agreed.

Klein is the most unchanged skater I can think of.  Exactly the same as when he was am on World Industries.  Which might be the biggest compliment you could give him.  He's an entity. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2020, 09:16:38 PM »
My guess is that at the time no one was ever near close to being on the same level of skating as Heath and thus he gravitated more towards JK because JK wasn't all caught up in tech ledge skating like a lot of skaters were.

They always seemed like an odd couple imho and I couldn't really imagine them having anything in common other than their desire to do big shit and wreck stuff. Maybe that was enough?

Or maybe it was like Flavor Flav and Chuck D dynamic and then one day Heath woke up realized that he didn't want to hang out anymore with a guy that wore big clocks around his neck (or in Heath's case: he didn't want to hang out with middle-aged weaboo that was still stuck 91 and absolutely refused to evolve anywhere beyond his teenage self)? as the poster up there mentioned: if you we’re going to compliment JK for anything -other than his skating in the early 90s- it would be for his stubbornness to remain exactly who he was when he first broke into the industry
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:52:35 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2020, 02:07:26 AM »
^ Yes your last sentence is what I would say I most admire about him.  30 years ago he was about skating little spots, eating candy, playing video games, being a smart aleck, Japan, and even dressed the same way.  There really is nothing different about him that I can think of (from observation) and I think there is something to say about that.   Oh yeah same exact music tastes.  He's like the wind. 

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2020, 04:47:06 PM »
That backside 360 on the DTLA brick planter at age 40+ gives him a pass for life.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2020, 04:58:17 PM »
^ Yes your last sentence is what I would say I most admire about him.  30 years ago he was about skating little spots, eating candy, playing video games, being a smart aleck, Japan, and even dressed the same way.  There really is nothing different about him that I can think of (from observation) and I think there is something to say about that.   Oh yeah same exact music tastes.  He's like the wind.
   "Smart alec"  - hes just a cock!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

blackgriptape

• Rep: -13
  • All Hail Cardiel!
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2022, 07:23:11 AM »
I had some Hook Ups branded shoes in the '90s.
I don´t remember who made them.
I think it was the Duffs era.
Old man memories are ephemeral.
The first Hook Ups video made us want to skate banks and listen to Frank Black.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2022, 07:31:22 AM »
hell yeah man

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2022, 08:20:48 AM »
I had some Hook Ups branded shoes in the '90s.
I don´t remember who made them.
I think it was the Duffs era.
Old man memories are ephemeral.
The first Hook Ups video made us want to skate banks and listen to Frank Black.

I never seen this, seen destroying america...stoked to see they put bubblegum crisis in that

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2022, 08:23:42 AM »
That backside 360 on the DTLA brick planter at age 40+ gives him a pass for life.

Was that him? I thought it was Greco... I assume it was in one of Greco's things?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2022, 08:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was waiting for Patrick OhWell to ask Heath about his friendship with Klein, or anything from that era at Birdhouse, but no chance.

Heath seems like a hard dude to pull stuff out of, very possible O'Dell did bring it up but didn't get much out of him

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2022, 08:51:30 AM »
I wonder if JK is into current anime/manga or is he a 80s or die retro diehard?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2022, 09:42:47 AM »

I assume he's getting rich hand over fist from that realhentai site. He's gotta have a hand in it in some way, right? Co-founder? Consultant at least?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2022, 09:46:28 AM »

A lot of current manga / manga isn't as edgy as the 80s -90s, there are some good adult titles but nothing hits like the female protagonists in battle angel, black magic m66, appleseed, or ghost in a shell.   

Beserk and Gantz are the only titles I can think of that hits that hard

Expand Quote
[close]

I assume he's getting rich hand over fist from that realhentai site. He's gotta have a hand in it in some way, right? Co-founder? Consultant at least?

Wouldnt take JK to be an hentai loving incel...maybe in horny jail

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2022, 10:01:01 AM »

A lot of current manga / manga isn't as edgy as the 80s -90s, there are some good adult titles but nothing hits like the female protagonists in battle angel, black magic m66, appleseed, or ghost in a shell Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend. 
I know, riiight?!?
Betcha that’s a perennial fave of JK’s.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2022, 10:04:29 AM »
I have a buddy who bought me a hook ups board (as a joke, i think/hope??) and i have no clue what to do with it. it's just in a board box in the closet...

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote

A lot of current manga / manga isn't as edgy as the 80s -90s, there are some good adult titles but nothing hits like the female protagonists in battle angel, black magic m66, appleseed, or ghost in a shell Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend. 
[close]
I know, riiight?!?
Betcha that’s a perennial fave of JK’s.
that and probably GUY

doublesteveburger

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2022, 10:15:03 AM »
I have a buddy who bought me a hook ups board (as a joke, i think/hope??) and i have no clue what to do with it. it's just in a board box in the closet...

can i have it my birthday's on saturday

texascybergothic

• Rep: 86
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2022, 10:15:33 AM »
Shoot you can send it to me. I'll skate it. I'm bout that degeneracy. Lol

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2022, 10:31:45 AM »
Damn I guess I need to put it on the classifieds maybe.... It's also a 7.75" or 8" or something so way too small for me. I'll consider handing it off to one of you pals and DM if I decide to take it out the closet!