Author Topic: Why do you still ride indys?  (Read 14421 times)

spacial_profiling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -86
Re: Why do you still ride indys?
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2020, 01:25:10 AM »
Best geomertry, classic shape, and strognest. No bullsit gimmicks, except for that they're the shit. Not trying to be the "tech" truck, the "ganster" truck, just the best at being "trucks". Loose, tight, tech, gaps, ledges, etc. Plus the height and weight. Man up!

Maccat

• Rep: 79
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2020, 02:23:26 AM »
Rode them almost twenty years. The switch to China bothered me more than the cross ever did. Full rip from Catholicism, never bought the Nazi tip. You can question who they’ve sponsored in the past but that can be any team. I don’t try to split the difference on the geometry math...if it rolls and grinds as it should, good.

While I prefer they leave the logo as is, if they dropped it for whatever reason I’d still ride the trucks. People today get so hung up on shit that it detracts from where the real joy is.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2020, 06:36:08 AM »
Noticed this yesterday on Indy stories:
Seems like the new mid trucks don’t have the cross on the baseplate.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2020, 08:26:12 AM »
Because I'm poor. Whatever trucks are on the used board I buy on marketplace or craigslist get reused until they're done. 9 times outta 10 it's indys
This right here........

I stick to what I know and what I know Indy's are the bees knee's if those are worried about the nazi symbolism that's dumb have some convictions and stand by the trucks you know and fell in love with.

Indy POR VIDA!!!!!!!!!

FROTHY

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2020, 08:44:23 AM »

Oh good catch! That's a pretty substantial step. They also released some apparel without any crosses. Some people are actually bickering in the comments about the lack of a cross  ;D . I think these threads look good.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1134
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2020, 08:49:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Oh good catch! That's a pretty substantial step. They also released some apparel without any crosses. Some people are actually bickering in the comments about the lack of a cross  ;D . I think these threads look good.

Amazing to me that people like the cross.
The new shirts are an improvement.
Mids with no cross, I’ll buy em, still wish they were made at a foundry in the USA.

sketchyrider

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »
While I prefer they leave the logo as is, if they dropped it for whatever reason I’d still ride the trucks. People today get so hung up on shit that it detracts from where the real joy is.

i respect your perspective, but i'd say getting attached to a logo that some people find lame is really the definition of what you described.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1134
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i respect your perspective, but i'd say getting attached to a logo that some people find lame is really the definition of what you described.

Why? It’s a dumb as shit perspective, as you have succinctly and correctly (imo obviously), pointed out. The trucks will still be the trucks, just without a wack cross.
Can’t imagine wearing an Indy shirt with the cross. If you want to flip the squares lids I’m sure there is a different symbol. And if you want to align yourself with the ‘woods, I’m sure there is a more straightforward article of clothing to signify your friendships and brotherhood

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2020, 07:52:09 PM »
Apparel is looking better. Even using that logo treatment for banner ads up top

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2020, 10:48:58 PM »
So if indy dropped the cross, can we back them again, or no? I just am needing trucks soon and need to know whats okay to buy.

License2Bust

• Rep: -31
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2020, 02:23:21 AM »
Dropping the cross would be pathetic.  A lot of symbolism used by the Germans is still used throughout the world, like the swastika in India/parts of Asia. Or the salute which was originally Roman, we used to do it for the national anthem pre WWII. Except it was called the Bellamy Salute.

“Woke” skaters will be the industry/pastime’s undoing. Just stop being a little girl about it. Are you going to feel pangs if regret over your choice of truck, next time you watch Schindler’s List?

I think not.

spacial_profiling

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2020, 02:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly! Some people. Minority. The type of folk who soak up any form of sensationalized SJW faux media that aligns with their already rigid thinking. Completely ignoring the fact that the iron cross is a derivative of a catholic symbol. Then you wanna pander by saying “getting attached”. LMFAO who tf taught you discourse? Y’all follow a couple pages and watch a couple YouTube links and think you have the voice of reason when you don’t know shit and ignore facts. “Some people” and impeding on normal critical thinkers ability to enjoy what’s non-threatening.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2020, 10:46:55 AM »
Dropping the cross would be pathetic.  A lot of symbolism used by the Germans is still used throughout the world, like the swastika in India/parts of Asia. Or the salute which was originally Roman, we used to do it for the national anthem pre WWII. Except it was called the Bellamy Salute.

“Woke” skaters will be the industry/pastime’s undoing. Just stop being a little girl about it. Are you going to feel pangs if regret over your choice of truck, next time you watch Schindler’s List?

I think not.

The Nazis stole the swastika. There's no reason for people in Asia to stop using it. In the West it's a different story. Also, the only thing that will be the undoing of skateboarding is if people stop skating. For those people for whom skateboarding imagery is part of their tough guy affectation but don't even skate ... I'm sure they're bummed they don't have cool iron cross apparel to buy.

social justice warrior

• Rep: -16
  • if you disagree, you are cancelled!
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »
I skate Thunders. Independent are the most racist trucks to ever grind.

#nojusticenopeas

spacial_profiling

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
I love to trigger sjws by putting a big iron cross logo on the back of my pickup truck. that's why. I haven't skated in 20 years but I have a bunch of setups with indys and iron cross stickers all over them because I love to see the looks on cucks faces as I mall grab my unscratched board to and from my truck to the skatepark. then I just sit on a bench and glare at those fucking pussies who get all triggered by my indys. I wish they would put swastikas on their products so I rock that stuff too.

meta

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2020, 08:47:27 PM »
So if indy dropped the cross, can we back them again, or no? I just am needing trucks soon and need to know whats okay to buy.
Buy whatever works best for you man. Fuck what anyone else thinks. They're not the ones helping you get better at skatboarding.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2020, 08:51:29 AM »
Because they have my crooks groove in them. I am transitioning to aces

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2020, 09:03:16 AM »
daddies sale.. only time i'd try some forged titanium is over half off

Digital Rasta

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »
Does anybody really think that people like Ray Barbee and Justin Henry would ride for a racist company? It's ludicrous, I remember letters to Thrasher printed in the 90s where people were saying how could Drake Jones ride for Indy if they are Nazis? Short answer: they are not racist and never have been

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2020, 09:57:24 AM »
Why wouldn't I ride 149 Stage 11 Standards?
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2020, 04:21:48 PM »
Because of 169s.  On a smaller board I can skate whatever truck and get used to it, but skating 169s just feels awesome.  On anything from an 8.6 to a 9.25. I’ve skated 151, 6.1, 55s and they don’t do it for me.  I’ve tossed around the idea of trying Theeve 6.5 but I don’t know if they’re more or less tippy than Indy. Less is preferred.

And for what it’s worth I don’t think Indy is a racist company. A lame, mainstream, sell out company full of jocks maybe... but not racist.

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2020, 05:12:40 PM »

The didn't have the Iron Cross on the baseplates till Stage 8.

7 Stages of precedent for having a blank pivot-cup housing (what else do we call it, the noseslide area??), seems logical that they could go back to this look while they start divesting from the Iron Cross imagery.

Looks fine. And it's what Rowley skates... but wait, he LOVES Lemmy who LOVED Nazi imagery... so I wonder how Geoff feels about Indy walking away from the Iron Cross?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2020, 12:23:36 AM »
the best..still trying to get a set of the 215s..

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2020, 03:50:37 AM »
I just bought a new set. I like how they turn. I like how they grind. Change the logo I don’t care
listen to cosmic psychos

spacial_profiling

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »
Does anybody really think that people like Ray Barbee and Justin Henry would ride for a racist company? It's ludicrous, I remember letters to Thrasher printed in the 90s where people were saying how could Drake Jones ride for Indy if they are Nazis? Short answer: they are not racist and never have been

Historicity. Thank you.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2020, 08:00:43 AM »
biggest brain keep the logo and if u do enough slides they go away. Everybody happy

manysnakes

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »
From a design standpoint, I think the cross is pretty ugly, and it looks like Indy is going to keep the cross while also introducing new logos, rather than relying on it almost exclusively. That said, it's hilarious to watch people who every month buy two pairs of sweatshop-made shoes -  shoes which end up in a landfill almost immediately (and I include myself among the guilty here) - argue about the morality of a skateboard truck company's logo

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2020, 04:49:16 PM »
The only people allowed to wear truck company shirts are Euro dudes who dont have any other American sponsors. and white single dads in San Diego
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2020, 11:25:27 PM »
The only people allowed to wear truck company shirts are Euro dudes who dont have any other American sponsors. and white single dads in San Diego

I'd rock a Thunder shirt if they made good designs (I prefer chest logos, not front pocket area small logos with a big logo on the back).

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2020, 11:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd rock a Thunder shirt if they made good designs (I prefer chest logos, not front pocket area small logos with a big logo on the back).

I actually prefer the front/back combo you described haha

Also, to add on. The Daddies Sale and the height/turn.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.