Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50466 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2022, 08:36:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn, I have Indy bottom bushing in my Thunders. Am I blowing it? Need to get some new ones either way.
[close]

I skate indy orange bushings in my thunders. But I’ve also never skated stock thunder bushings in them so I can’t tell ya if they feel different!
[close]

If they're working, that's all that matters!

Thunder bottoms, like ACE tops, are oddly large (taller) compared to other brands.

I was feeling frisky and picked up some NFGs to try out in thunders: 14mm 90a bottoms, 95 a low 8mm tops + pivots
[close]

I’m on that thunder wave lately, interested to read your field research
[close]

I shall report back! I'm only trying out thunder again due to wanting to extend a WB of a deck that I really want to work..the ventures I have on hand didn't vibe (Never grinded, I should probably sell them..forged/lites 5.6s.)

I’m really thinking about getting some 5.8s (again)…why am I against 8.25 trucks again?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2022, 09:20:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn, I have Indy bottom bushing in my Thunders. Am I blowing it? Need to get some new ones either way.
[close]

I skate indy orange bushings in my thunders. But I’ve also never skated stock thunder bushings in them so I can’t tell ya if they feel different!
[close]

Thunder bottoms, like ACE tops, are oddly large (taller) compared to other brands.

I was feeling frisky and picked up some NFGs to try out in thunders: 14mm 90a bottoms, 95 a low 8mm tops + pivots
[close]

I’m on that thunder wave lately, interested to read your field research
[close]

I shall report back! I'm only trying out thunder again due to wanting to extend a WB of a deck that I really want to work..the ventures I have on hand didn't vibe (Never grinded, I should probably sell them..forged/lites 5.6s.)
[close]

I’m really thinking about getting some 5.8s (again)…why am I against 8.25 trucks again?

Dunno, I set up some 148s on an 8.3...some days I think 149s is the only way, then some days I don't give a sht and 8.25s with skinny wheels do the trick!

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2022, 10:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Definitely interested in ow they ride. Did you get the barrels or half cones?

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2022, 10:37:57 PM »
just got new set of thunder 148 with the orange clear bushing.

2 weeks in and the top crook bushing already chunked out... man what the fuck

I love the thunder turn and pinch but on top of that short ass baseplate? man
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2022, 11:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Definitely interested in ow they ride. Did you get the barrels or half cones?

14mm half cones (to match the thunder stocks); low top tho as I always sand down thunder tops to get them a bit looser as nut flush on stock is much too tight for me.

ish_wav

• Rep: 97
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2022, 12:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I ordered some (yellow) 90a thunder bushings to swap with my orange 90a indy bushings I always ride. I’m thinking I’m going to just out my indy bushings right back in after ten minutes, but I’m going to fight through it and give it an honest try! Will report back when they come in and I’ve had my first session or two on them!

Edit: my biggest gripe with thunder bushings before is that they crumble almost immediately.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 12:37:56 PM by ish_wav »

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2022, 01:20:41 PM »
these got posted today for all you thunder lovers. the description on instagram for anyone who doesn't click through
⚡️New Bushings⚡️

Ultra Responsive Urethane - Made for Thunder Trucks.

🔵100 Duro - Extra Hard

🔴97 Duro - Hard

❄️94 Duro - Medium Hard

🍊90 Duro - Medium (Factory Stock)

⚪️90 Duro - Medium (Factory Stock)

Factory Stock = Standard bushings in all Thunder Trucks.
-

interesting that they decided to put 'factory stock' on the label and offer two colors of 90a. also nothing softer than 90a, not that i've ever heard anyone on thunders saying they wanted a softer bushing i don't think

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2022, 01:39:03 PM »
these got posted today for all you thunder lovers. the description on instagram for anyone who doesn't click through
Expand Quote
⚡️New Bushings⚡️

🔵100 Duro - Extra Hard

🔴97 Duro - Hard

❄️94 Duro - Medium Hard

[close]
-

interesting that they decided to put 'factory stock' on the label and offer two colors of 90a. also nothing softer than 90a, not that i've ever heard anyone on thunders saying they wanted a softer bushing i don't think

"New Bushings" like new colors or actually something new?

Btw has anybody heard of pig bushings? My local just got a huge amount of them in 81, 91 and 96a.

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/de/skate/skateboard-zubehoer/skateboard-lenkgummis?hersteller=171

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2022, 02:07:00 PM »
NFG's bushings are live

WWW.NFGMFG.COM

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2022, 03:23:11 PM »
Expand Quote
⚡️New Bushings⚡️

🔵100 Duro - Extra Hard

🔴97 Duro - Hard

❄️94 Duro - Medium Hard

[close]
-

NO they can not get rid of the gummy yellow 90 duros!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2022, 04:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
⚡️New Bushings⚡️

🔵100 Duro - Extra Hard

🔴97 Duro - Hard

❄️94 Duro - Medium Hard

[close]
-

[close]

"New Bushings" like new colors or actually something new?

Btw has anybody heard of pig bushings? My local just got a huge amount of them in 81, 91 and 96a.

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/de/skate/skateboard-zubehoer/skateboard-lenkgummis?hersteller=171

Same old, same old; just some new colors.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2022, 05:10:51 PM »
so that means the biggest news about the bushings is that the heart-grenade is nowhere to be seen

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2022, 05:23:13 PM »
so that means the biggest news about the bushings is that the heart-grenade is nowhere to be seen

Thunder confirmed gifted hater fans, he shits on the logo in his new patreon video. Someone leaked it in the gifted topic.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2022, 05:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thunder confirmed gifted hater fans, he shits on the logo in his new patreon video. Someone leaked it in the gifted topic.

My 32 year old ass just paid for a heart grenade sticker at a skateshop  8)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #374 on: May 10, 2022, 05:59:03 PM »
hope this means new supercush are coming out
the 97a are my favorite but out of stock almost everywhere
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2022, 06:38:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My 32 year old ass just paid for a heart grenade sticker at a skateshop  8)

Hell yeah. Have a gnar.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2022, 08:26:14 AM »

That is interesting, but I don't know anything about them.

One thing I had noticed is that it seemed like Pig products had been coming out thick and fast in all manner of new and tried / tested varieties of everything from tools, wax, grip, bolts, bearings, rails, risers and everything in between, so it would be no surprise that they started bringing out bushings now as well.  That is on top of wheels and all the clothing stuff too.

It bugs me that they have the different duros in all the same colours, where I could easily tell which was which before with any colour bushings from Indy, Thunder, or other bushing manufacturers, but overall Pig products seemed to be of reasonable quality in everything I had seen, so if they work, then there is nothing to complain about.

No bushings on here (yet) but everything else is:

https://pigwheels.com/

So Cal has some too, with more pics:

https://socalskateshop.com/Pig-Wheels-Bushings-Medium-Blue-91a.html

This from ebay:

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2022, 08:48:31 AM »

Also just noticed and had to double check, but the Pig bushings are the same duro as the Bones bushings.

Soft 81
Medium 91
Hard 96

Funny about that isn't it...

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #378 on: May 11, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »
Those Pig bushings in the olive color are cool looking. I'm sure they aren't Ace height though, or else i'd try em out

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #379 on: May 11, 2022, 10:00:39 AM »
hmm i hope the pig bushings are good.

Pig is a brand that ive always been a sucker for but havent had a single product of theirs i could back besides the tool.

would be cool if they made cool shit  ;D

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2022, 01:24:37 PM »
Expand Quote
⚡️New Bushings⚡️

🔵100 Duro - Extra Hard

🔴97 Duro - Hard

❄️94 Duro - Medium Hard

[close]
-

I'm considering setting up a twin tail with some thunders that I'm not really riding, and I may need to cop those 94 ice blues for it....

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2022, 05:55:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
⚡️New Bushings⚡️

🔵100 Duro - Extra Hard

🔴97 Duro - Hard

❄️94 Duro - Medium Hard

[close]
-

[close]

I'm considering setting up a twin tail with some thunders that I'm not really riding, and I may need to cop those 94 ice blues for it....

The Ice blue are the best no doubt. Got some of 90a stock clear tealish ones kicking around. Such a good colorway.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2022, 06:46:16 PM »
Thought it was relevant enough to add to the bushing thread:

Do bushings get softer when it's hot? I skate Indy's and just moved to a hotter area and it really felt like my shit was looser. 50-65F before and 65-90F new location.

Yes, bushings from most brands definitely change with the temperature. 

The one time I went on a "cold weather" trip when we were kids, our bushings were like rocks and none of us could skate and we didn't know why until someone explained it to us.

The same happens in warmer weather, with bushings feeling softer.

I forget who, but someone once said they always tighten their trucks down a full turn in warmer places, or loosen it off a full turn in colder places and it worked well for them.

Also I think people have said Bones bushings are least likely to be affected by the temperature, and Ace as post I added below too.

Also to the discussion about the weather resistance of Ace bushings I’d like to say that I find both Classics and AF1s to be 100% weather resistant which is great living in Finland where the temperatures vary from -30°C to +30°C.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 100
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2022, 06:52:56 PM »
Soft bones top and stock ace bottom
Cocteau Twins

greenreese

• Rep: 25
« Reply #384 on: May 16, 2022, 02:49:19 PM »
I feel like Ace bushings are like a very linear steering damper.  They are happy to support you in whichever direction you want to go, straight, left or right.  Very steady, predictable and confidence inspiring, but they don't provide any rebound or bottom out resistance.  However, wheelbite is soooo gentle, it's more like wheellick.

Indys don't want to go straight, they just want you to pick left or right.  The orange bushings provide a small bit of feeling and responsiveness during most of their arc and only minimal push back towards the end.  The blue bushings are kinda feelingless towards the middle of the arc, and are more like hard bump stops towards the end of the travel.  I could ride these with the top washer rattling loose, but still not get wheelbite. 

Thunders want to stay centered but will let you turn.  Their bushings are extremely progressive. A little adjustment to the kingpin nut makes a huge difference

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2022, 08:40:51 AM »
Has anyone seen the new Thunder bushings in stores yet? I've checked all my locals and no one has them yet. Don't want to buy online but I may not have a choice....

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2022, 02:33:53 PM »
Apparently doh doh don’t get soft in hot weather or hard in cold.

I live in ny and believe them. Definitely better than stock indy bushings

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2022, 12:54:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

One thing I had noticed is that it seemed like Pig products had been coming out thick and fast in all manner of new and tried / tested varieties of everything from tools, wax, grip, bolts, bearings, rails, risers and everything in between, so it would be no surprise that they started bringing out bushings now as well.  That is on top of wheels and all the clothing stuff too.

It bugs me that they have the different duros in all the same colours, where I could easily tell which was which before with any colour bushings from Indy, Thunder, or other bushing manufacturers, but overall Pig products seemed to be of reasonable quality in everything I had seen, so if they work, then there is nothing to complain about.

This from ebay:

Just got them and plugged them on my aces

Even in the all turning ace they feel not good, maybe I need to break them in some more but off the bat

They feel like generic truck bushings, they’re stiff initially but start slouching when you lean to turn and don’t really rebound back to center

Like I said though maybe I just need to break them in, I’m trying the green 91a right now and have some 96a in white on standby

So far I think stock bushings in all the top trucks are best in their respective trucks besides the harder/softer options they have like the thunder and ace hard upgrade
yes

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2022, 04:20:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This from ebay:

[close]

Just got them and plugged them on my aces

Even in the all turning ace they feel not good, maybe I need to break them in some more but off the bat

They feel like generic truck bushings, they’re stiff initially but start slouching when you lean to turn and don’t really rebound back to center

Like I said though maybe I just need to break them in, I’m trying the green 91a right now and have some 96a in white on standby

So far I think stock bushings in all the top trucks are best in their respective trucks besides the harder/softer options they have like the thunder and ace hard upgrade

That is interesting, especially considering how many people skate Ace trucks with stock bushings, but I do know some that swap straight out for Bones medium bushings.

From having a set of minimally used Ace AF1 55s as well as a few sets of Ace Classics, I definitely think the stock bushings work well in them, but I also tried quite a few others just to see, including stock Indy with the kingpin nut flush and those things were almost wobbly loose.

The harder bushings might work well, with the kingpin nut not done up so tight, still giving movement but keeping the trucks a little more steady, from what I had found.

See how they feel after a few more sessions anyway.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2022, 07:38:15 AM »
Do people actually find the Indy blue bushings much harder than the stock? I tried them and I felt by the time I got them the way I wanted they were about the exact same number of threads as stock.