Author Topic: Straight-on noseblunts  (Read 12188 times)

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
Re: Straight-on noseblunts
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
In my 20 years of skating, I've never heard of anyone claiming that kickflipping into a slide/grind trick was easier than ollieing into it.
[close]
I don't disagree with the basic premise, I have a few ledge tricks that I find it easier (or about the same difficulty) to kickflip into. I do, however, disagree with the claim that a kickflip backside noseblunt (or nollie backside noseblunt) is easier than a regular backside noseblunt because you flip into it, especially from a random poster on Slap who still hasn't responded with a "yes" or "no" when asked if he can kickflip backside noseblunt.

With that being said, fuck it, if you can do kickflip backside noseblunts, I'll take you at your word that they're easier than regular backside noseblunts.
there was a few year period where griffin gass could only kickflip into back noseblunts, he couldn't do them without flipping in. must be nice
i've done a couple of them (poorly) and they sure as hell were way harder than just ollieing into it. only way i could see them being easier is if you have insane control of your kickflips, which i don't

conqueso

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2020, 11:28:32 PM »
depends on the spot but straight on is not legit in 2020

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2020, 12:46:44 AM »
I think it depends on the spot (I can't bsnbs tho).

I remember there was a Jake Johnson ssbsnbs thread a year or two ago, and the ledge was a in a way that you could only it do it going straight. The other time I'd say it's okay is if the ledge is insanely high.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2020, 04:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
gnarliness of the spot or just beautiful execution can excuse straight on bluntslides imo. i also think it just looks better sometimes depending on the spot and on film. same with bastardized backlips that are actually frontboards. call it what you want, the slide itself is pretty much the same once locked in and gnarly enough by itself(in the case of bs noseblunts).
[close]

To be fair and in genuine curiosity, when has someone bastardized a back lip that we hold to such high regard?

i dunno, i have no real example out of a video or so rn, but in terms of not having to do the overturn it's the same concept.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2020, 05:00:28 AM »
Yeah but you got kicky back noseblunt or what Ian bzhd
listen to cosmic psychos

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2020, 05:05:44 AM »
Can you kickflip backside noseblunt or not? ^

In my 20 years of skating, I've never heard of anyone claiming that kickflipping into a slide/grind trick was easier than ollieing into it.

i can't do any variation of blunt at all, so i don't know what the fuck i'm doing weighing in. that said...

i've gotten into kickflip back lip on flatbar a few times, but never just the straight ollie version

they were totally hit and hope and if i had ridden away from one, it would've just been luck

but, based on that, i get what the guy is saying

there' something about turning the board alleyoop that feels like it takes more control to keep your feet attached than not

organ

• Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2020, 05:52:07 AM »
Just leaving this here. 56 years ago...

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »
Can you kickflip backside noseblunt or not? ^

i've never done a regular ollie backside tailslide in my life on anything other than a curb but i am able to do a kickflip back tail on a ledge. i'm not good at them but i've done a couple. i also know a skater that has learned back noseblunts from the side by kickflipping into them. he was able to ollie into them straight on before that and he is now able to do both ollie in and kickflip in from the side, but he says the kickflip in was first and i believe him 100%

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2020, 09:09:07 AM »
Yeah but you got kicky back noseblunt or what Ian bzhd
I'm pretty crust at the moment, but I'll definitely try to get one next time I skate a decent ledge and have an opportunity to film myself like an idiot.
I also didn't say kickflipping in is easier or that you should learn that first, I was saying how it's just different footwork. If you can do both tricks already, you might find flipping in easier.

I think a few people understand where I'm coming from although I'm sure I'm not conveying my point well. The kickflip back 5050 post is relevant, Griffin Gass post is relevant...
When the board leaves your feet, you don't have to control it for those few milliseconds, which in some tricks is where the mistakes happen.

BSNB (if regular) you ollie to the left over the rail/ledge, then spin the opposite direction, then point your nose down, then push the slide... that's a lot of opposing motions to keep the board glued to your feet.
KFBSNB is basically an allyoop backside flip over the rail/ledge, catch half way, smash nose down.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2020, 09:58:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone else despise when noseblunts aren't approached from the side of the ledge but straight on?

The recent DC video features a switch back noseblunt on the NYC pyramid ledges. Sick trick, but the guy was so 'headon' with the ledge that he basically approached it frontside.

Other notable offenders:
Henry Sanchez - Free your Mind(?) kickflip noseblunt at pier 7
Daewon - His old deca days where he stacked 420 picnic tables together
Anyone who does noseblunt 270's
[close]

Y'all are real stuck on downplaying that switch back noseblunt huh?

there's nothing to downplay. the edge he slid on was in front of him, so it was a switch front noseslide.
if anything calling it a switch back noseblunt is downplaying the difficulty of a switch back noseblunt.
Definitions of frontside and backside do not change based on how gnarly the spot or skater or bust factor is.
if you want to deserve the accolade of doing a switch back noseblunt, approach the edge backside and nobody can give you shit for it.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone else despise when noseblunts aren't approached from the side of the ledge but straight on?

The recent DC video features a switch back noseblunt on the NYC pyramid ledges. Sick trick, but the guy was so 'headon' with the ledge that he basically approached it frontside.

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

there's nothing to downplay. the edge he slid on was in front of him, so it was a switch front noseslide.
if anything calling it a switch back noseblunt is downplaying the difficulty of a switch back noseblunt.
Definitions of frontside and backside do not change based on how gnarly the spot or skater or bust factor is.
if you want to deserve the accolade of doing a switch back noseblunt, approach the edge backside and nobody can give you shit for it.

lol it a switch front nose hahahaha ok dude whatever you say

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2020, 10:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

Haha, go call that trick a switch frontside noseslide anywhere beyond the boards and see how people respond.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

lol switch front noseslide? You dead serious? I guess haha

roomservice

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2020, 10:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
Haha, go call that trick a switch frontside noseslide anywhere beyond the boards and see how people respond.
doesn't matter how they respond. doesn't change the fact that it was frontside.
trying to argue against facts with emotion is how pathetically weak-minded people like you operate.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2020, 10:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
trying to argue against facts with emotion is how pathetically weak-minded people like you operate.

So at this point we’re gonna have to say 90% of the best noseblunts frontside or backside done on ledges didn’t count? Daewon’s whole table and roof gap era were just noseslides? Amazing.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »
Same trick
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2020, 10:42:49 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2020, 10:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I don't skate
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
I'd say it still counts but only like 80%

dilbert1

• Rep: 143
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
I don't skate
[close]

sodium levels are too high

roomservice

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
I don't skate
[close]
And? Neither do you as far as I give a shit. The relevant question is do you know the difference between frontside and backside? Because I do.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2020, 10:58:33 AM »

dilbert1

• Rep: 143
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2020, 11:05:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
I don't skate
[close]
[close]
And? Neither do you as far as I give a shit. The relevant question is do you know the difference between frontside and backside? Because I do.

Potassium helps counter the effects of sodium and may help lower your blood pressure. Exercise helps as well, if you want i can send over some braille tutorials to get you (back?) on that board!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2020, 11:42:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
I don't skate
[close]
[close]

Seems like you don't lol. Approaching from behind the ledge doesn't make the trick frontside. If you wanna be pedantic, the ledge is now to the left side of you (if you're regular and trick looks like a back noseblunt), not in front as it would be for a frontside 5050.

Since this situation isn't strictly defined in trick nomenclature, people colloquially refer to the trick in the same way as they would if it was approached from the side and there are absolutely zero problems. The trick in question is definitely a switch back noseblunt, whether you think he did it properly or not is a bit more up for debate but even then I think its definitely fine. I bet half the people bitching about it here haven't even noseblunted ledges before.

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
I don't skate
[close]
[close]

you dont know what you dont know. if youre defending an argument on a subject you have no experience in against a handful of extremely experienced people and getting salty and arrogant at their responses, where you have no skin in the game and nothing to gain, it's just such a terrible waste of time and attention and an extremely obvious example of when you should be humble

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2020, 12:14:11 PM »

Lem was (is?) mad talented. What is he up to nowadays?
IG: @flowterspace

Glurmpz

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2020, 12:14:34 PM »
Calling nosebluntslides noseslides because you don't like that the person didn't come from the side is essentially why I always remind myself that a good number of posters on here pretending to have expert skate knowledge are actually clueless kids from buttfuck nowhere mashing away at a keyboard because they suck at actual skateboarding.

But also - dude approached the ledge backside, even though he went over the end. You can't even cheat and come at it frontside unless you come from the other side of the planters, lol. Look at the angle of his approach in relation to the ledge - backside.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2020, 12:41:48 PM »
yea it’s a noseblunt but since when do ppl have to be able to do something to have an opinion on it?

i’m sure somewhere a brain dead dude can straihht on  back noseblunt and calls it a front nose. doesn’t make it right
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

nickpaolucci

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2020, 12:42:52 PM »
We got dudes still downplaying a somewhat lengthy switch back noseblunt on a narrow out ledge, and others saying it's easier to kickflip into back noseblunts. Slap, you've outdone yourself.

KF back noseblunt is easy, murrell, just ask me, nick p

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
If you go straight on a ledge and do a damn nose slide it’s still a nose slide. A noseblunt is on top and a nose slide is on the side.
Welcome to slap message board