Poll

Who did/will you vote for?

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Neither

Author Topic: Biden vs Trump  (Read 32538 times)

Telly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Biden vs Trump
« Reply #450 on: November 07, 2020, 12:24:27 PM »
Expand Quote
In the last 3 hours I read through the last week of trumps tweets.  Much less scary funny and much more schaudenfreude Funny now.  And his last tweet(I think?) had me giggling out loud in a public space, sitting alone. “I won this election, by a lot.”  Lulz indeed
[close]
How do you do that without losing brain cells? He's 74 with the emotional intelligence of a toddler. He has only been rewarded for his tantrums all of his life. At some point you have to become responsible for your actions, but he has never been punished for anything. He's just a giant petulent child.

Agree 100%.  I could only do it because he lost. 
I guess it’s like fail videos.  I never think any video of somebody trying to progress(skating/motorcycle racing/figure skating/etc) but when two dummies run at each other with excercise balls I laugh when one gets bounced through the drywall or breaks an arm.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2020, 02:07:44 PM »
silver lining to trump presidency:

fraud accusations leave trumps fanbase disillusioned with ''democracy'' and so the majority will never vote again

unless/untill any trump will run again that is

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2020, 03:13:16 PM »
bobby puleo as usual ahead of the curve

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2020, 03:18:35 PM »
bobby's really reaching to make that BJ joke

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »
RIP John Lewis
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #455 on: November 07, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
Am I looking in the wrong places or have the alt right been fairly quiet after all this? Or are we looking at a bunch of violence ahead of us?

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #456 on: November 07, 2020, 04:06:57 PM »
just because we have some woke poser as president now doesn't mean anything is going to change, i mean you really think the corporations that run this country would ever let real change happen? the rich stay rich, the poor stay poor and bombs keep dropping on brown people no matter who the president is

Telly

« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »
Am I looking in the wrong places or have the alt right been fairly quiet after all this? Or are we looking at a bunch of violence ahead of us?
The trump crazy friends of mine on Facebook have been much quieter than they would have been with the opposite result.  I certainly wasn’t expecting humbled acknowledgments of a race well lost, but I was hoping for more voter fraud allegations. 

Telly

« Reply #458 on: November 07, 2020, 04:25:10 PM »
The trump crazy friends of mine on Facebook have been much quieter than they would have been with the opposite result.  I certainly wasn’t expecting humbled acknowledgments of a race well lost, but I was hoping for more voter fraud allegations. 

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #459 on: November 07, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »
Happy for all of you in the States. Hell, I'm happy for the whole world.

Because of the hatred and intolerance that Trump represents, I haven't been to the US since he was elected. I didn't feel like I'd be welcomed or even feel safe. But hopefully there'll be a more positive social climate in the future, and after COVID dies down I'll be able to visit California and other places I've always wanted to see.

Just hope everyone celebrating outside masks up...this victory's gonna be bittersweet if the number of cases/deaths explode.

Glurmpz

« Reply #460 on: November 07, 2020, 04:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just checked a few of the facebook pages of people I unfollowed/unfriended because of pro-Trump or far right posts, and wouldn't you know it - they deleted any trace of the stuff they had posted previously. All of a sudden the most recent post was 9 months ago. I assume there's gonna be a lot of people pretending they never supported Trump. I sure as hell won't forget who backed him.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #461 on: November 07, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »

Mate that is just tactics without strategy and we all know tactics without strategy is merely the noise before defeat
listen to cosmic psychos

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #462 on: November 07, 2020, 05:27:23 PM »
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Acky Jacky

« Reply #463 on: November 07, 2020, 05:36:09 PM »

This reminds me of Hannibal Buress’ joke about how someone told him it was ordained by god that it was 44 years between when Martin Luther King was assassinated and when Obama became president, because he is the 44th president. He imitated god saying “44 years, 44th president...that shit would be cool as hell yo.”

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #464 on: November 07, 2020, 06:13:21 PM »
We did it everyone! Congrats to everyone for pulling through with this! Biden gave an amazing speech. Unlike Trump, Biden condemns our division and hatred for each other, and wants us to unite again. Already on track for a great president. Trump, would NOT have said the same. He would have ridiculed, and verbally tortured Biden, and us, the Americans that voted for him. He can fuck his fat fuck face.

Anyway I'm still going to ridicule the fuck out of Biden when he does dumbass shit, but we all know it aint gonna come close to the dumbass shit Trump did.

It's been 4 fucking years....seemed like a forever ago.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #465 on: November 07, 2020, 06:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This reminds me of Hannibal Buress’ joke about how someone told him it was ordained by god that it was 44 years between when Martin Luther King was assassinated and when Obama became president, because he is the 44th president. He imitated god saying “44 years, 44th president...that shit would be cool as hell yo.”

If this is all orchestrated, and their goal is to divide and conquer, they would have kept Trump in. He's been the most divisive president of our lifetime.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1437
« Reply #466 on: November 07, 2020, 06:52:05 PM »
Well, hopefully the news and social media won't be so complicit in spreading vitriol and lies now that Trump has lost. The corporate media, however, has had record ratings the last 4 years. It would/will be nice for the collective consciousness of the USA to not have to eat that pile of frustration, anger, confusion, and violence though. Let's see how that unfolds. All the platforms could have dropped the guy for the sake of the world.

As for J'Biden and Kamala, I don't expect anything monumental to happen other than, again, not having to listen to the supposed leader of the free world threaten to rain chaos upon its citizens.

While I'm not particularly hopeful, it would be good to see Liz Warren head the SEC, Bernie head the Dept of Labor, and Beto and Pete nowhere were National levels of power! What would be most important, to set precedent, is to not only remove the actors but through executive order, repeal the laws/actions set in place. Immediately halt the opening of Tongass forest, kick the fuckers out of Bears Ears. Make it known the corruption of the FDA, Dept. of Commerce, EPA, Interior Dept, and negate EVERY CONTRACT GRANTED during the Trump years while outlining the illegal and improper business ties and conflicts of interest. Tear down the sections of the border wall and televise it. Maybe J'Biden could actually acknowledge that without the Black vote, Trump would still be in office. Fuck, maybe, through executive order, send Americans a FAT stimulus check. Pack the fucking court.
Support your local skate shop

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #467 on: November 07, 2020, 07:18:56 PM »

PILLARS

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2020, 08:03:44 PM »
Glad Trump’s crazy ass is on his way out, but I find it hard to get excited about Biden beyond the “He’s not trump” aspect of it. Not a fan of Harris either but she lowkey thick.

The only good thing about Trump’s presidency was that he was such a absurd figure that we’re probably past the days of judging candidates by ridiculous standards of character. So if you fucked up at 19, the bullshit redemption arc through Jesus is probably unnecessary when you are 45 looking to win a political seat. “Trump was grabbing pussies months before he decided to run, I cheated on one exam 25 years ago, fuck off”.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2020, 08:20:40 PM »
Really stoked that Biden repeatedly mentioned science and education. I know a lot of teachers appreciated him mentioning them specifically and the fact that his wife is a teacher shows it's something he is in touch with. Felt fucking good to hear the main man talk in a coherent and competent way after 4 years of verbal diarrhea.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: November 07, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
In the last 3 hours I read through the last week of trumps tweets.  Much less scary funny and much more schaudenfreude Funny now.  And his last tweet(I think?) had me giggling out loud in a public space, sitting alone. “I won this election, by a lot.”  Lulz indeed
Exactly how I have felt about his statements this week. He started by shooting himself in foot one toe at a time and then just shot gunned the other foot off.

Anyone else seeing Trump flags around them still?? Didn't see a single one and everyone around here flew one. Even the mother fuckers working on the freeway were flying one, your tax dollars at work. A house out here took theirs down, also saw a truck with two flag poles and mysteriously they had no flags.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #471 on: November 07, 2020, 08:51:28 PM »
I'm surprised Trump knows a lot is two words.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #472 on: November 07, 2020, 08:51:58 PM »
We did it! We voted out the guy that had this country so racially and politically divided and elected a man and woman who wants to bring together this country with decency and compassion for ALL Americans! Cheers!

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #473 on: November 07, 2020, 09:04:07 PM »
you must be like 12, right
🤙

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #474 on: November 07, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »
He's not wrong...
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

authentic_creed_bratton

« Reply #475 on: November 07, 2020, 09:13:05 PM »
you guys have way, way, WAY more faith in elected officials than me. the first time i voted was in 2008 and both parties have tried their absolute unabated hardest to kick my teeth in since then.

trump is a win for the megarich, biden is a win for the megarich.

fucking duh, dude
🤙

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2020, 09:40:30 PM »
you guys have way, way, WAY more faith in elected officials than me. the first time i voted was in 2008 and both parties have tried their absolute unabated hardest to kick my teeth in since then.

fucking duh, dude

I agree life has gotten harder for most of us (and that I feel much safer in Canada than I did the US). But, I'm sorry the two parties are not equal.

A vote for Trump is a vote for crony capitalism and a leader who appears to be morphing into someone who is cross between a fascist dictator and Silvio Berlusconi. Trump is man who is currently trying to sow doubt in our democracy in order to benefit himself. He is currently trying to rip the nation to shreds for his own benefit.

Biden is moderate as fuck and isn't perfect. He isn't going to be Bernie Sanders or whatever politician in Iceland it was who nationalized the banks there... but the era of both parties being the same is over. This might of have been closer to reality in the 90s (or if we had a Clinton v Romney election this year), but it isn't true anymore. 

I'll get to worrying about how to keep Biden aligned with the left wing of the Dem party next week. For right now, I'm just going to bask in the fact that Biden won and he openly states he wants to be the president for everyone... not just the few.

(And, Trump openly fucking hated those who have my job. He mentioned my profession multiple times in his crazy ass speeches and made me the enemy. Fuck him.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 09:50:55 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

authentic_creed_bratton

« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2020, 09:49:50 PM »
so do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that dick cheney is gonna be in the white house again? is this what progress looks like? even a little bit??????
🤙

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #478 on: November 07, 2020, 10:03:43 PM »
likely falsehood

I'm sorry, but this is very unlikely to be true. The only source that comes up is an obviously fake anti-Biden Twitter account.

The propaganda from the fake account seems like it is attempt to pull left-wing support from a candidate who is going to reach out across the aisle (John McCain's wife is part of the Biden transition team) and other fake accounts are attempting to divide Biden from his support via some pro-war bullshit. 

The only legitimate story that mentions Cheney visiting the White House in any capacity is one that mentions Pence invited Cheney to the White House (and Pence regularly speaks with Biden and Cheney).

Edit: I'm going back to enjoying the moment. I'll take you off ignore sometime next week.
Edit II: It should be noted McCain told Republicans not to vote Trump and endorsed Biden.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:18:06 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: November 07, 2020, 10:25:55 PM »
Expand Quote

fucking duh, dude
[close]

I'm sorry, but no.

A vote for Trump is a vote for crony capitalism and a leader who appears to be morphing into someone who is cross between a fascist dictator and Silvio Berlusconi.

Trump is man who is currently trying to sow doubt in our democracy in order to benefit himself. He is currently trying to rip the nation to shreds for his own benefit.

Biden is moderate as fuck and isn't perfect. He isn't going to be Bernie Sanders or whatever politician in Iceland it was who nationalized the banks there...
...but the era of both parties being the same is over. This might of held some water in the 90s (or if we had a Clinton v Romney election this year), but not anymore.

For right now, I'm just going to bask in the fact that Biden won and he openly states he wants to be the president for everyone... not just the few. I'll get to worrying about how to keep him aligned with the left wing of the Dem party and how he governs if the Republicans gain a majority in the house later.

(And, Trump openly fucking hated those who have my job. He mentioned my profession multiple times in his crazy ass speeches and made me the fucking enemy. Fuck him.)
Right. The scale that measures both parties elected leaders are no longer even when taking into account the pro's and con's of each side, just as the Union and the Confederacy were not two equal but different systems of beliefs. You can argue that there is no such thing as morals but to live with one another the human race cannot survive without a system of guidelines for what is ok and what is not.

Donald Trump and the republican party have not only denied scientific fact, but has openly gone against it. We are at a point in human history where we have NO reason to doubt the methods of science. You CAN question studies and facts, but the only way to prove it wrong is with more science that answers those questions. That is not what they and specifically Trump did regarding covid. He denied science because he believed the effects of shutting down would reflect on him personally along with the republican party and he did so selfishly.

When he addressed race, he wouldn't call out white supremacists, groups like the proud boys etc. George Bush was not the greatest president but if you think after condemning the attack he would add that there were bad people on both sides you are smoking crack. He didn't give an inch to the BLM movement. Any other republican leader would have addressed that there are valid complaints and concerns by the BLM movement but they would added that looting and violence were not the answer, he just flat out denied that there is a problem with systemic racism in America.

Before, during, and after the election, Donald Trump and many republican hanger-ons attempted to undermine and discredit the Constitution of the United States, the supreme law that is the basis for our entire government structure, specifically the 12th amendment. This was not done because of credible social issues and or problems with the systems in place as we see with guns/shootings and the 2nd amendment. It was openly and unashamedly done because the guy didn't want to stop being President. His behavior this week is one of the most disgusting examples of selfishness and egomania the world has ever seen. This is no longer a reality TV star who "tells it like it is", this is the most powerful person in the world crying foul because he doesn't want to lose.

The only positive to come out of this is the fact that he went so far off his rocker that it is in no way defensible and did more harm than good to his party's behavior. It was actually the best way for all this to end. He acted like a dictator and in the end he goes out crying like a fucking child who starts breaking their toys because he is upset, leaving a scarlet letter on everyone who supported him or stood by and did nothing these past 4 years.