Poll

Who did/will you vote for?

Joe Biden
Donald Trump
Neither

Author Topic: Biden vs Trump  (Read 32337 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Biden vs Trump
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote
don't forget that emission trades might screw up the data. not sure if that goes in there. the way i understand it that china bought up a lot of emissions so western countries make the cut while they are massively winding down their fossile industries. but who knows what's actually going on and who's got the right data.

don't get me wrong, the human rights situation in china is fucked, but they did this for example:

you can also look up china green wall on google and find articles about it.

not saying it's effective, but it's something. granted, this is impossible in some western states, especially in europe, where people are too clogged together. anyways, i just wish our governments would do more than sell emission certificates to play time until they have some sort of genius magic idea how to halt climate change and keep energy levels up while they should have started decades ago and now seem catatonic when confronted with the fact they won't make the cut for their own agreements that they initially put up to pressure second and third world countries into compliance to exploit them even cheaper.
[close]

About that forrest, I think I read somewhere large portions are dying from diseases/infestations due to a monoculture of fast growing species.
ah, figures...

would have been too perfect if something worked.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1523
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
don't forget that emission trades might screw up the data. not sure if that goes in there. the way i understand it that china bought up a lot of emissions so western countries make the cut while they are massively winding down their fossile industries. but who knows what's actually going on and who's got the right data.

don't get me wrong, the human rights situation in china is fucked, but they did this for example:

you can also look up china green wall on google and find articles about it.

not saying it's effective, but it's something. granted, this is impossible in some western states, especially in europe, where people are too clogged together. anyways, i just wish our governments would do more than sell emission certificates to play time until they have some sort of genius magic idea how to halt climate change and keep energy levels up while they should have started decades ago and now seem catatonic when confronted with the fact they won't make the cut for their own agreements that they initially put up to pressure second and third world countries into compliance to exploit them even cheaper.

you don't need to campaign for a large reforestation effort ... you just need to go vegan and nature will quickly reclaim the land that will be left behind after we no longer need to feed so much cattle etc.

it's quite simple really ... when meat consumption falls down to a certain point, cattle farming will become economically unsustainable and most people will be forced to ditch it purely out of financial reasons

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: November 08, 2020, 02:07:14 PM »
so do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that dick cheney is gonna be in the white house again? is this what progress looks like? even a little bit??????

say more. what about Cheney in the White House again?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Land of the Faust

« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2020, 03:11:01 PM »
Cheney is going to be an advisor for how we deal with the ME. We are now going to gear up the war machine and start killing defenseless people in the ME. But we got rid of Trump, amirite?!

I look forward to the kooks because I can see past the hype of getting rid of one horribly racist president and replacing him with another that just has better PR people.

Knowing that Biden has already had contact with DICK CHENEY of all people makes me SO glad that I just didn't bother to vote this time.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 03:27:40 PM by Land of the Faust »

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

doesnt seem very anti-trump here, theres also a tweet where hes supporting eric trump.
You right wing asshats trashing Van Jones truly emotional speech have no idea what it’s like to be a minority in this country and the damage the last 4 years have done. Shame on you for being so apathetic, so partisan, and so heartless.
ableSkateMag.com

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2020, 03:57:48 PM »
Expand Quote
only in a country that has reached a point of TERMINAL decline could a cursed fuck like Trump even get into office in the first place, and only in this same fucked country could people be dancing in the streets over a virulently racist and classist fuck like Biden becoming president next.

amongst myriad other reasons, fuck Trump to hell for not denouncing white nationalists and the like, and fuck Biden to hell for this fucking toxic shit, which is just as bad if not worse than anything Trump has said, especially this is all in the name of changing laws:

this is one of the worst speeches a politician has ever given, and people are dancing in the streets because this is the "anyone but Trump" choice? it does not get worse than what Biden says in that speech--criminals are inherently "bad people" who get what they deserve when they are killed or put in jail, and that's it for them--criminals' backgrounds don't matter, poverty does not matter, drug addiction does not matter, homelessness does not matter, they deserve whatever they get, etc.

i'm fucking excited that Trump is on his way out, but fuck Biden, and he needs to be watched just as vigilantly...one man's opinion...
[close]

You had to go back decades to find a time when Biden said something disagreeable, think the guy might have possibly changed (and the world has changed a lot, attitudes have changed)? Trump has been saying and doing despicable things constantly, right up until today. No comparison. Trump is the guy who kept insisting that the Central park 5 were guilty long after their innocence had been proven beyond a doubt, for example.

Edit: Should clarify that in no way means I'm a big Biden guy - just soooooo glad Trump is out. Sucks all you guys got was Biden, but he ain't Trump.

wrong kiddo, i'm almost 50 and was sickened and angered by this unforgettable racist and classist shit back when he said it and correspondingly when that cunt Hilary Clinton was carrying on about "super predators." i've never forgotten and fuck all of you hypocrites talking about how he's "changed"--even if his PR people are spinning him in a different way now, nothing will fix all of the lives that were destroyed because of this fuck's views and actions...he is one of the architects behind "mass incarceration" in the US, no matter how he's portrayed himself and who he has ran with in this election...

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2020, 04:00:10 PM »
Yeah, the dude who was Vice President for the first black President is a racist. Flawless, logic
ableSkateMag.com

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »
Yeah, the dude who was Vice President for the first black President is a racist. Flawless, logic

that's all it takes to negate his history, eh? "Flawless, logic"

fuck, even that predictable rag the NYT knew they had to get out in front of this shit:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/us/joe-biden-crime-laws.html

Land of the Faust

« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2020, 04:13:00 PM »

The way he talks about African Americans and calls them a 'special kind of predator' is racist. He might've changed his toon when he was on the ticket with Obama, but it doesn't change the horribly racist stuff he said..

It's almost like he changed his views because he knows he wouldn't have been elected president otherwise.

Anyway, I've said my bit. I don't want to fight with people on the net.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Biden over Trump. I just hope we can get a better candidate next time. One who didn't eulogize a member of the KKK. I know, I know, Byrd regretted that too.

Glurmpz

« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2020, 04:17:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
only in a country that has reached a point of TERMINAL decline could a cursed fuck like Trump even get into office in the first place, and only in this same fucked country could people be dancing in the streets over a virulently racist and classist fuck like Biden becoming president next.

amongst myriad other reasons, fuck Trump to hell for not denouncing white nationalists and the like, and fuck Biden to hell for this fucking toxic shit, which is just as bad if not worse than anything Trump has said, especially this is all in the name of changing laws:

this is one of the worst speeches a politician has ever given, and people are dancing in the streets because this is the "anyone but Trump" choice? it does not get worse than what Biden says in that speech--criminals are inherently "bad people" who get what they deserve when they are killed or put in jail, and that's it for them--criminals' backgrounds don't matter, poverty does not matter, drug addiction does not matter, homelessness does not matter, they deserve whatever they get, etc.

i'm fucking excited that Trump is on his way out, but fuck Biden, and he needs to be watched just as vigilantly...one man's opinion...
[close]

You had to go back decades to find a time when Biden said something disagreeable, think the guy might have possibly changed (and the world has changed a lot, attitudes have changed)? Trump has been saying and doing despicable things constantly, right up until today. No comparison. Trump is the guy who kept insisting that the Central park 5 were guilty long after their innocence had been proven beyond a doubt, for example.

Edit: Should clarify that in no way means I'm a big Biden guy - just soooooo glad Trump is out. Sucks all you guys got was Biden, but he ain't Trump.
[close]

wrong kiddo, i'm almost 50 and was sickened and angered by this unforgettable racist and classist shit back when he said it and correspondingly when that cunt Hilary Clinton was carrying on about "super predators." i've never forgotten and fuck all of you hypocrites talking about how he's "changed"--even if his PR people are spinning him in a different way now, nothing will fix all of the lives that were destroyed because of this fuck's views and actions...he is one of the architects behind "mass incarceration" in the US, no matter how he's portrayed himself and who he has ran with in this election...

You know, a big part of progress is being able to have an adult discussion without stooping to insults or flipping out on people who you are talking with. If your go-to response is to call people fucking hypocrites etc, you’re not mature enough for the discussion to begin with.
People change. Lots of people regret decisions they’ve made in the past and work hard to do better. But you’re probably right, the guy with a black female VP who was himself VP for a black president is totally a racist. No way he changed over 30 years. Makes sense.  ;D

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »
I haven’t seen shit about Dick Cheney besides a single tweet from some random account claiming CNN said it. Also supposedly that Cheney encouraged Biden to run, but that was reported during the previous election and Biden didn’t run. Just bullshit to stir the pot. The only other thing you will see about Dick Cheney and Joe Biden is an article where they are comparing the transition teams actions to those of Bush’s during the recount fiasco with Al Gore.

Land of the Faust

« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2020, 04:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You know, a big part of progress is being able to have an adult discussion without stooping to insults or flipping out on people who you are talking with. If your go-to response is to call people fucking hypocrites etc, you’re not mature enough for the discussion to begin with.
People change. Lots of people regret decisions they’ve made in the past and work hard to do better. But you’re probably right, the guy with a black female VP who was himself VP for a black president is totally a racist. No way he changed over 30 years. Makes sense.  ;D

No, it's better to proclaim yourself as more mature and then give negative feedback to people who don't hold your exact opinion.  ;)

And I'm sure the men that are currently sitting in prison because of Biden's bill can sleep peacefully at night - in their cell -knowing that Biden is now the president.

Don't even get me started on Kamala and her prison labor program which kept people incarcerated longer than their sentence required.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2020, 04:41:54 PM »
bullshit

No evidence of this. I've already debunked this bullshit once (in this thread).

And, let me make this really clear...

...Biden isn't perfect but anyone who is going to come here and promote some craziness that Trump isn't insanely racist, corrupt, and incompetent is fucking crazy. Around the world people are dancing in the streets because Trump lost power. Even now Trump doesn't have the decency to attempt to bring the country together. Instead, he is actively taking the nation apart because he is terrified about what his life will be without all his legal protections, the ability spend our tax money on his resorts, and his ability to accept bribes from corporations and foreign governments (via his hotel).

Not mention, the Republicans voted against the Biden(D)-Hatch(R) crime bill because it was too "soft" for them. Jeff Sessions (Trump's first AG) proposed a bill to have marijuana offenses punishable by death. And, Sessions first order of business was to undo all the progress Obama/Biden accomplished during their tenure.

Fuck any attempt to get the left to turn on Biden. We are going to keep tabs on him and make sure he promotes the causes he needs to promote... but no one is fucking fooled who the villains are in this story.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2020, 04:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The way he talks about African Americans and calls them a 'special kind of predator' is racist. He might've changed his toon when he was on the ticket with Obama, but it doesn't change the horribly racist stuff he said..

It's almost like he changed his views because he knows he wouldn't have been elected president otherwise.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Biden over Trump. I just hope we can get a better candidate next time. One who didn't eulogize a member of the KKK. I know, I know, Byrd regretted that too.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Land of the Faust

« Reply #524 on: November 08, 2020, 04:55:38 PM »
No evidence of what?

Biden calling AAs 'special predators'?

Biden didn't eulogize a known member of the KKK?

Or Kamala and the Prison extended prison sentence?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/the-climate-danger-of-kamala-harris-prison-labor-legacy/ar-BB17XW0f

What part of all of that was Bullshit? I want to make sure that the truth comes to light.

Still glad I didn't vote. Both candidates were scum. I stick to that. Yes, Trump was an extra special kind of Scum. That doesn't mean Biden, by virtue of comparison, is somehow not scum. He's still scum.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

*sigh*

Anything for the GOTCHA points. Man the internet has ruined a lot of people.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:03:31 PM by Land of the Faust »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #525 on: November 08, 2020, 05:21:47 PM »
I think you’re reading too much into my response.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #526 on: November 08, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
I think you're way bored and trying to make people as miserable as you.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #527 on: November 08, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »
Biden >>> Trump
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Glurmpz

« Reply #528 on: November 08, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
No evidence of what?

Biden calling AAs 'special predators'?

You link the wrong video? Lol. Not only is there no such quote in that video, but that particular video is actually explaining WHY people like Biden thought the crime bill was a good idea back then, and why we know NOW that we need to do things differently.

Again, not trying to say Biden is a great candidate, just glad Trump is gone and think that pretending Biden is the same guy as 1994 is a bit of a stretch.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 09:41:33 PM by Glurmpz »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2020, 06:43:47 PM »

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2020, 11:55:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

doesnt seem very anti-trump here, theres also a tweet where hes supporting eric trump.
[close]
You right wing asshats trashing Van Jones truly emotional speech have no idea what it’s like to be a minority in this country and the damage the last 4 years have done. Shame on you for being so apathetic, so partisan, and so heartless.

first of all, im for sure not right wing. and of course i cant fathom how hard it is for a minority to live in the US (since i am not a minority in the US and it is not understandable for someone from the outside), im sorry if i was not clear enough about that. Im not criticising the message but the messenger.
im just wondering, how someone who said "trump has done good things for the black community" (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8874461/Van-Jones-says-Trump-doesnt-credit-good-things-African-Americans.html) has now changed 180 degrees? seems a little bit strategic to me. but again, might be misinterpreted and i do not know very much of van jones.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:05:00 AM by mclovin1336 »

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #533 on: November 09, 2020, 01:28:47 PM »
If you don't think Biden winning is an obvious improvement, you're fucking deluded, and gladly regurgitating farmed right-wing talking points, whether wittingly or not.

Day 1, we'll have actual scientists back in charge of the COVID response. Trump installed completely unqualified sycophants into positions where they could force the CDC to say things against their own findings that spared Trump's ego. Can you fucking image? You spend 40, 50 years in your field studying epidemiology, focusing on saving real human lives, and then a 100-year plague comes around, the moment your whole life has prepared you for, and suddenly your only priority is not making the fucking baby have a tantrum?

I'm trying to practice forgiveness for Trump voters, but I will never, ever forgive Trump. He literally has zero redeeming qualities. If he chokes on his last hamberder in the White House, it'll be a better fate than he deserves.

Sums up my thoughts quite well after watching Biden speak on his forthcoming plan for a Covid-19 response. The bar is set admittedly low, but to see our future president on a podium speaking with empathy for those who have lost loved ones to Covid-19 and respect for science was a huge fucking breath of fresh air.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #534 on: November 09, 2020, 02:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
If you don't think Biden winning is an obvious improvement, you're fucking deluded, and gladly regurgitating farmed right-wing talking points, whether wittingly or not.

Day 1, we'll have actual scientists back in charge of the COVID response. Trump installed completely unqualified sycophants into positions where they could force the CDC to say things against their own findings that spared Trump's ego. Can you fucking image? You spend 40, 50 years in your field studying epidemiology, focusing on saving real human lives, and then a 100-year plague comes around, the moment your whole life has prepared you for, and suddenly your only priority is not making the fucking baby have a tantrum?

I'm trying to practice forgiveness for Trump voters, but I will never, ever forgive Trump. He literally has zero redeeming qualities. If he chokes on his last hamberder in the White House, it'll be a better fate than he deserves.
[close]

Sums up my thoughts quite well after watching Biden speak on his forthcoming plan for a Covid-19 response. The bar is set admittedly low, but to see our future president on a podium speaking with empathy for those who have lost loved ones to Covid-19 and respect for science was a huge fucking breath of fresh air.

This across almost everything. COVID-19, international relationships, global warming... Most things that need to change really just need to be brought back up to par. 2024 is going to be a weird election year.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #535 on: November 09, 2020, 02:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This across almost everything. COVID-19, international relationships, global warming... Most things that need to change really just need to be brought back up to par. 2024 is going to be a weird election year.

I get the sentiment, but “par” hasn’t been cutting it for global warming, and the US and the world at large needs to set aggressive goals and utilize regulatory power in an unprecedented manner if we want to curb temperature increases and prevent positive feedback loops that lead to further warming and environmental damage.

The environment and healthcare are both issues where I’m not ok with Biden playing moderate. I celebrate the return to civility in the White House, but that civility and unity with republicans should not come at the cost of the health of the planet and the citizens of the US, or any country. 

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #536 on: November 09, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »
Pretty amazed that Trump managed to gain 10m votes from 2016.

Not gonna be an easy start for Biden with covid and all going on, especially if Trump is aiming for 2024 and keeps rallying his supporters. Restrictions will be received even worse by Trump supporters even if and probably when they won't be much different from what has been so far. On covid I'm sort of 50/50 on whether Biden is a good fit for the job, or if it would've been safer just to ride it out with Trump. Unless of course vaccines will happen quickly in which case it would be the best start ever. Also as people start coming down from the high of getting rid of Trump, Biden will naturally receive an increasing amount of criticism from the people who voted for him. If he's gunning for getting re-elected in 2024, then there might not be much uniting the country as he'll most likely need to focus on keeping his core voters happy. Gonna be an interesting first year for sure

Glurmpz

« Reply #537 on: November 09, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »
On covid I'm sort of 50/50 on whether Biden is a good fit for the job, or if it would've been safer just to ride it out with Trump.

Please elaborate...

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #538 on: November 09, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »
Expand Quote
On covid I'm sort of 50/50 on whether Biden is a good fit for the job, or if it would've been safer just to ride it out with Trump.
[close]

Please elaborate...

Yea, nah.

In what possible way would trupm be better? Guy doesn’t believe facts presented to him and thinks he’s smarter than every scientist and doctor. He’s a deluded megalomaniac.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #539 on: November 09, 2020, 03:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Please elaborate...
[close]

Yea, nah.

In what possible way would trupm be better? Guy doesn’t believe facts presented to him and thinks he’s smarter than every scientist and doctor. He’s a deluded megalomaniac.

White House on its third wave of COVID. Yea, they've done a great job... apparently it wasn't just a "blue state" problem.

Canada is doing way better than the States
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-in-the-u-s-how-do-canada-s-provinces-rank-against-american-states-1.5051033
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:40:11 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?