Author Topic: Adidas Closing Shop Accounts  (Read 22739 times)

90sDamiano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
Re: Adidas Closing Shop Accounts
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2020, 05:11:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The skate industry is a fucking joke and if you think that “skater owner” means they care about you then you’re delusional. Lakai doesn’t give a fuck that I literally couldn’t even walk in that Manchester reissue cause there is zero heel support. They’re laughing to the bank while y’all police each other into what you should be wearing. As for corporate brands, they are trying to make the best possible product they can to rule a market. They are in competition with themselves and their peers, which resulted in some of the most iconic designs that have been tested by multiple different athletes of all kinds of different disciplines. (And no I’m not a “jock” I was actually first chair clarinet all thru high school  :P ) There’s a reason why the superstar, Stan Smith, samba, dunk, blazer, Chuck Taylor, ect have been in production for generations. They are tried and true. Why wouldn’t you want to wear a shoe that has stood the test of time? Ill tell you why, Mob mentality. If you’re not one of us you’re against us mentality which, imo, is how supremacy is born. This way of thinking is directly related to how skaters interact with each other on a micro level as well. It bleeds into our social interaction with other skaters who may differ in the way they look or dress. In the end it’s purposeful ignorance, which was funny to watch at first but now it’s just plain sad and it honestly pins us against each other more than you would think. At the end of the day skate in what you think is the best shoe for your skateboarding cause as Waka Flaka once said
“fuck this industry, bitch I’m in these streets”
[close]

When did anyone say this? That skating should stay under the control of skaters is not a sentimental argument. It's a practical one.
[close]
How so? What is so practical about it?
[close]

Why the fuck would skaters want outsiders influencing and controlling skateboarding? Are cool sneakers really worth relinquishing any or all of that power? I don't know about you but that sounds like a bad idea.
[close]
Also thinking that you’re keeping money in skating by purchasing “skater owned” is like joining one of those instagram cash app Ponzi schemes. But do you boo boo
[close]

most "skater owned" brands arent randomly closing the door to skateshops though
Right why would a skate brand not sell to a skateshop?
Because it’s not the company it’s how business works. With what’s going on now with backed up logistics and lower man power why sell to shop X when product isn’t moving like the other 4 big box Retail stores in the area? Why would I go to the skateshop who’s trying to sell me Adidas Superstar “AVD” for 89.99 when footaction has superstars on sale for 29.99? It just makes sense. It’s actually practical by all means.  Am I suppose to just bite the bullet and go to the skateshop where I’ll get cool guyed by the employees and get up charged cause you slap skateboarding on it? I mean if that doesn’t make sense idk what does.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2020, 05:20:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The skate industry is a fucking joke and if you think that “skater owner” means they care about you then you’re delusional. Lakai doesn’t give a fuck that I literally couldn’t even walk in that Manchester reissue cause there is zero heel support. They’re laughing to the bank while y’all police each other into what you should be wearing. As for corporate brands, they are trying to make the best possible product they can to rule a market. They are in competition with themselves and their peers, which resulted in some of the most iconic designs that have been tested by multiple different athletes of all kinds of different disciplines. (And no I’m not a “jock” I was actually first chair clarinet all thru high school  :P ) There’s a reason why the superstar, Stan Smith, samba, dunk, blazer, Chuck Taylor, ect have been in production for generations. They are tried and true. Why wouldn’t you want to wear a shoe that has stood the test of time? Ill tell you why, Mob mentality. If you’re not one of us you’re against us mentality which, imo, is how supremacy is born. This way of thinking is directly related to how skaters interact with each other on a micro level as well. It bleeds into our social interaction with other skaters who may differ in the way they look or dress. In the end it’s purposeful ignorance, which was funny to watch at first but now it’s just plain sad and it honestly pins us against each other more than you would think. At the end of the day skate in what you think is the best shoe for your skateboarding cause as Waka Flaka once said
[close]

When did anyone say this? That skating should stay under the control of skaters is not a sentimental argument. It's a practical one.
[close]
[close]

Why the fuck would skaters want outsiders influencing and controlling skateboarding? Are cool sneakers really worth relinquishing any or all of that power? I don't know about you but that sounds like a bad idea.
[close]
First off it is us who influences them. Secondly the way our economic system is set up it will inevitably become the haves and have nots. Either way you are just a customer to either side. Nothing more nothing less. I rather have control of my own decisions then be pigeon holed into what I can and cannot buy. Skaters have been skating in whatever the fuck they wanted for as long as it’s been around. It is the skate industry that tricked you into thinking u need skate specific footwear that is lower quality than what has been around for decades. It’s actually pretty smart if you’re just trying to make a buck. But again you should skate in whatever works for you. Let them fight over our money    ;)

That sounds more naive what you were pointing out. Eventually, once they've established enough of a foothold, they will not only influence skateboarding but control it. And corporate influence is never good for a subculture. It always subsumes and destroys all subcultures and spits out things like Blink-182 and Creed. In response to your later post, I don't understand how trying to buy skater owned is the same as a Ponzi scheme. This is not investment advice. It's an opinion about consumerism and how it affects skateboarding.

Lisa96

« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »
blink 182 is sicc tho

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »
blink 182 is sicc tho

(insert Enema of the State Footwear joke here)

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2020, 05:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Also thinking that you’re keeping money in skating by purchasing “skater owned” is like joining one of those instagram cash app Ponzi schemes. But do you boo boo
[close]

[close]
Because it’s not the company it’s how business works. With what’s going on now with backed up logistics and lower man power why sell to shop X when product isn’t moving like the other 4 big box Retail stores in the area? Why would I go to the skateshop who’s trying to sell me Adidas Superstar “AVD” for 89.99 when footaction has superstars on sale for 29.99? It just makes sense. It’s actually practical by all means.  Am I suppose to just bite the bullet and go to the skateshop where I’ll get cool guyed by the employees and get up charged cause you slap skateboarding on it? I mean if that doesn’t make sense idk what does.

Going to a shop and buying from them is an experience in of itself. You're supporting not only the owners of the shop, but employees wages, moving stock for them to get more in a new order, and help with the local scene. Now yes you might get a better deal from footlocker, but of course, they're getting their orders at a wholesale discount. All these footlocker mall stores are already at an advantage so they can sell their deadstock for pennies, because it doesn't matter to them. At a skateshop it does, they have to move product at the fixed rate because they don't get the advantages of a corporation. And honestly I rather take my chances at a shop, strike up a conversation and maybe make some new friends and gw t a discount that way. At footlocker sure you're getting a deal, but what experience are you getting?

"Hey bro wanna grab some socks while you're at it? How bout we sign you up for a card? You don't want a account with us why? You can save 5% every order... Just need that email...?"

I'll continue to support shops, in person or online.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

90sDamiano

« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2020, 05:56:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
First off it is us who influences them. Secondly the way our economic system is set up it will inevitably become the haves and have nots. Either way you are just a customer to either side. Nothing more nothing less. I rather have control of my own decisions then be pigeon holed into what I can and cannot buy. Skaters have been skating in whatever the fuck they wanted for as long as it’s been around. It is the skate industry that tricked you into thinking u need skate specific footwear that is lower quality than what has been around for decades. It’s actually pretty smart if you’re just trying to make a buck. But again you should skate in whatever works for you. Let them fight over our money    ;)
[close]

That sounds more naive what you were pointing out. Eventually, once they've established enough of a foothold, they will not only influence skateboarding but control it. And corporate influence is never good for a subculture. It always subsumes and destroys all subcultures and spits out things like Blink-182 and Creed. In response to your later post, I don't understand how trying to buy skater owned is the same as a Ponzi scheme. This is not investment advice. It's an opinion about consumerism and how it affects skateboarding.
What you’re scared of has already happened! Skateboardings purest form is just that, skateboarding nothing more. Imo the subculture has been commodified way before we even started skating(I hate to assume your age but I’m pretty sure you’re not a 50 year old person) It’s not underground anymore. It’s an Olympic sport, corporately backed by this energy drink and that whatever the heck makes money. And I can name like 4 current pros that can be compared to the likes of Blink-182 and Creed lol
The insta cash app comment was more of a joke but there are slight comparisons. Like believing that the money you spend on skater owner shoes is going to come back to you in some other maybe less tangible but just as valued way is kinda funny

90sDamiano

« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2020, 05:59:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Going to a shop and buying from them is an experience in of itself. You're supporting not only the owners of the shop, but employees wages, moving stock for them to get more in a new order, and help with the local scene. Now yes you might get a better deal from footlocker, but of course, they're getting their orders at a wholesale discount. All these footlocker mall stores are already at an advantage so they can sell their deadstock for pennies, because it doesn't matter to them. At a skateshop it does, they have to move product at the fixed rate because they don't get the advantages of a corporation. And honestly I rather take my chances at a shop, strike up a conversation and maybe make some new friends and gw t a discount that way. At footlocker sure you're getting a deal, but what experience are you getting?

"Hey bro wanna grab some socks while you're at it? How bout we sign you up for a card? You don't want a account with us why? You can save 5% every order... Just need that email...?"

I'll continue to support shops, in person or online.
As you should, the argument isn’t whether or not to support your skate shop. It’s why Adidas would pull out of a skateshop. continue to support your local shop ;D

90sDamiano

« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2020, 06:01:47 PM »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
What you’re scared of has already happened! Skateboardings purest form is just that, skateboarding nothing more. Imo the subculture has been commodified way before we even started skating(I hate to assume your age but I’m pretty sure you’re not a 50 year old person) It’s not underground anymore. It’s an Olympic sport, corporately backed by this energy drink and that whatever the heck makes money. And I can name like 4 current pros that can be compared to the likes of Blink-182 and Creed lol
The insta cash app comment was more of a joke but there are slight comparisons. Like believing that the money you spend on skater owner shoes is going to come back to you in some other maybe less tangible but just as valued way is kinda funny

I find it a bit wild to sum up skateboarding to nothing but a corporate Olympic sport just because it happens to be one, what do you mean it's not underground anymore, you could list four current pros that are the Blink-182's of the culture (honestly there are way more), I could list thousands of dudes who skate every day, kill it locally and you'll never see in mags or on social media because they just organically want to skate and don't give a shit. Are those guys not skateboarders? Are they not a lot of skateboarders? Indie videos, mags, zines - all still going strong in 2020 all over the planet despite right now being absolute shit times economy-wise. Skateboarding at its core never changed, it's still something simple people like to do, like you're saying yourself, and contribute to the culture of by getting together and doing cool shit, so why stop at the mainstream facade now just because it's there? It's like looking at the tip of the iceberg and denying the rest exists, when it not only does but also makes for the whole body of the thing.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2020, 06:13:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

90sDamiano

« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2020, 06:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I find it a bit wild to sum up skateboarding to nothing but a corporate Olympic sport just because it happens to be one, what do you mean it's not underground anymore, you could list four current pros that are the Blink-182's of the culture (honestly there are way more), I could list thousands of dudes who skate every day, kill it locally and you'll never see in mags or on social media because they just organically want to skate and don't give a shit. Are those guys not skateboarders? Are they not a lot of skateboarders? Indie videos, mags, zines - all still going strong in 2020 despite right now being absolute shit times economy-wise. Skateboarding at its core never changed, it's still something simple people like to do, like you're saying yourself, and contribute to the culture of by getting together and doing cool shit, so why stop at the mainstream facade now just because it's there? It's like looking at the tip of the iceberg and denying the rest exists, when it not only does but also makes for the whole body of the thing.
Exactly! Those people who aren’t making money and doing it for themselves should do what is best for them. Because at the end of the day everyone who’s trying to make money off of this thing we love is just trying to make money. Theu don’t care that your feet hurt. They don’t care that you tore your ACL in their shitty shoes. They don’t care that you’ll have to buy a new pair of shoes every two weeks. It’s all about the mutha fucking money

90sDamiano

« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I find it a bit wild to sum up skateboarding to nothing but a corporate Olympic sport just because it happens to be one, what do you mean it's not underground anymore, you could list four current pros that are the Blink-182's of the culture (honestly there are way more), I could list thousands of dudes who skate every day, kill it locally and you'll never see in mags or on social media because they just organically want to skate and don't give a shit. Are those guys not skateboarders? Are they not a lot of skateboarders? Indie videos, mags, zines - all still going strong in 2020 all over the planet despite right now being absolute shit times economy-wise. Skateboarding at its core never changed, it's still something simple people like to do, like you're saying yourself, and contribute to the culture of by getting together and doing cool shit, so why stop at the mainstream facade now just because it's there? It's like looking at the tip of the iceberg and denying the rest exists, when it not only does but also makes for the whole body of the thing.
And those underground dudes that aren’t doing it for a check who like to skate in adidas know where to find adidas when they need them. You can support your local scene by buying other skate products at your local skate shop. It’s not like since I bought a pair of shell toes on Poshmark that the whole scene will come tumbling down

90sDamiano

« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2020, 06:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
And those underground dudes that aren’t doing it for a check who like to skate in adidas know where to find adidas when they need them. You can support your local scene by buying other skate products at your local skate shop. It’s not like since I bought a pair of shell toes on Poshmark that the whole scene will come tumbling down
And for you to think that I was trying to say those skater don’t exist just shows how poor your critically thinking skills are. Obviously those dudes exist I’m one of them  ;)

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2020, 07:10:40 PM »
When I think of adidas I think of Henry panza and sketchy pittsburgh dudes eating cheese hogies while do switch tre flips on crusty banks with the big businetz tongue

They r really fucking up closing one up store is a giant advertisement for them idiotz

90sDamiano

« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2020, 07:41:48 PM »
When I think of adidas I think of Henry panza and sketchy pittsburgh dudes eating cheese hogies while do switch tre flips on crusty banks with the big businetz tongue

They r really fucking up closing one up store is a giant advertisement for them idiotz
Hell yeah, I think of Pepe Martinez and Kareem. It is low key an advertisement lol

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2020, 08:29:45 PM »

So fucking true.

They still have Vans which is good for them though. I know they've had them in the past, but I hope they can keep getting New Balance. I honestly prefer them to Adidas anyways. They move DC's well, and Lakai. Some Es too.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2020, 08:49:25 PM »
Exactly! Those people who aren’t making money and doing it for themselves should do what is best for them. Because at the end of the day everyone who’s trying to make money off of this thing we love is just trying to make money. Theu don’t care that your feet hurt. They don’t care that you tore your ACL in their shitty shoes. They don’t care that you’ll have to buy a new pair of shoes every two weeks. It’s all about the mutha fucking money

Talking about poor 'critically' [sic] thinking, the weakness in your logic is exactly that it's too manichean (otherwise I don't necessarily disagree with everything you've been saying): you're dividing reality in just two poles when it's more complex. Where exactly do you draw the line between those 'pure' skaters when they love skating so much they eventually feel like contributing to a culture that gradually doesn't feel like theirs anymore so they start companies: shops, mags, zines, making little to no profit when not emptying their own pockets yet still keeping going, and the people who do what is technically the exact same thing but because they want to get something from skating? You seriously don't think it's possible for the average skateboarder to start any enterprise with another primary ambition than the modern holy grail of making bank just because, if that ambition is sincere and the person mature, there most likely will be money involved? To me it doesn't look like the guy behind Proper is especially trying to take down Nike or Adidas. The more alternatives the better, and many 'other dudes who aren't doing it for a check' you'll never catch skating in the big names ever exactly because it's the idea of alternatives that still speaks to them in skating, whether or not it's a sport on TV. A lot of my favorite skaters have had classic photos or footage in Adidas too but it doesn't affect my judgement, I still think the shoes are shit (I've had quite a few pairs, never paid for any) when States last me months and most importantly I remember those photos or clips for the skateboarding and certainly not for the shoes the dude is wearing.

Oh and congrats on being one of those real ones, I'll take your word for it just because you've expressed Pepe Martinez love and instantly add you to the bottom of the list of all the ones I know.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:56:15 PM by silhouette »

90sDamiano

« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2020, 09:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Talking about poor 'critically' [sic] thinking, the weakness in your logic is exactly that it's too manichean (otherwise I don't necessarily disagree with everything you've been saying): you're dividing reality in just two poles when it's more complex. Where exactly do you draw the line between those 'pure' skaters when they love skating so much they eventually feel like contributing to a culture that gradually doesn't feel like theirs anymore so they start companies: shops, mags, zines, making little to no profit when not emptying their own pockets yet still keeping going, and the people who do what is technically the exact same thing because they want to get something from skating? You seriously don't think it's possible for the average skateboarder to start any enterprise with another primary ambition than the modern holy grail of making bank just because, if that ambition is sincere and the person mature, there will most likely be money involved? To me it doesn't look like the guy behind Proper is especially trying to take down Nike or Adidas. The more alternatives the better, and many 'other dudes who aren't doing it for a check' you'll never catch skating in the big names ever exactly because it's the idea of alternatives that still speaks to them in skating, whether or not it's a sport on TV. A lot of my favorite skaters have had classic photos or footage in Adidas too but it doesn't affect my judgement, I still think the shoes are shit (I've had quite a few pairs, never paid for any) when States last me months and most importantly I remember those photos or clips for the skateboarding and certainly not for the shoes the dude is wearing.

Oh and congrats on being one of those real ones, I'll take your word for it just because you've expressed Pepe Martinez love and add you to the bottom of the list of the 5000 or so I know.
I’m not drawing any lines or dividing realities. I’m poking holes in the logic that is being present to me. Because at the end of the day you feel what I’m saying. I don’t think every person who is profiting on skating is a bad person. What I’m saying is to do what’s best for you, the individual.
 It’s funny because it’s a theme with the group mentality you subscribe to that what you do not understand or that challenges your beliefs is immediately portrayed as a monster of some sort. Like do you really think I believe that people shouldn’t make any money off of their passion? Who do you think I am the Grinch? When it come to the shoe game, which is what this topic is about, you can’t come up with a solid argument against me so you straw man me into talking about kids making zines and point out my typos. That’s not what we were talking about at all so chill fam you are not smart just cause you used a word most people on here are gunna have to google. Also if state works for you by all means skate them. Do what works for you, the individual

90sDamiano

« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2020, 09:14:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Talking about poor 'critically' [sic] thinking, the weakness in your logic is exactly that it's too manichean (otherwise I don't necessarily disagree with everything you've been saying): you're dividing reality in just two poles when it's more complex. Where exactly do you draw the line between those 'pure' skaters when they love skating so much they eventually feel like contributing to a culture that gradually doesn't feel like theirs anymore so they start companies: shops, mags, zines, making little to no profit when not emptying their own pockets yet still keeping going, and the people who do what is technically the exact same thing but because they want to get something from skating? You seriously don't think it's possible for the average skateboarder to start any enterprise with another primary ambition than the modern holy grail of making bank just because, if that ambition is sincere and the person mature, there most likely will be money involved? To me it doesn't look like the guy behind Proper is especially trying to take down Nike or Adidas. The more alternatives the better, and many 'other dudes who aren't doing it for a check' you'll never catch skating in the big names ever exactly because it's the idea of alternatives that still speaks to them in skating, whether or not it's a sport on TV. A lot of my favorite skaters have had classic photos or footage in Adidas too but it doesn't affect my judgement, I still think the shoes are shit (I've had quite a few pairs, never paid for any) when States last me months and most importantly I remember those photos or clips for the skateboarding and certainly not for the shoes the dude is wearing.

Oh and congrats on being one of those real ones, I'll take your word for it just because you've expressed Pepe Martinez love and instantly add you to the bottom of the list of all the ones I know.
Also I’ve never said adidas was the superior brand, or that there shouldn’t be alternatives. all I’m saying is that it makes sense why they would pull out of Skate shops in today’s climate

90sDamiano

« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2020, 09:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m glad I’m on your list because I have yet to even read your user name lol

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2020, 09:44:27 PM »
I bought two pairs of states really wanting to support them and they super stiff/uncomfortable and the bottom is slippery.

Have tried giving them away. Anytime someone tries them on they decline takin them for free

For how badly I want to support that company I CANT wear them. Don’t know how their team does

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »
It’s funny because it’s a theme with the group mentality you subscribe to that what you do not understand or that challenges your beliefs is immediately portrayed as a monster of some sort. Like do you really think I believe that people shouldn’t make any money off of their passion? Who do you think I am the Grinch? When it come to the shoe game, which is what this topic is about, you can’t come up with a solid argument against me so you straw man me into talking about kids making zines and point out my typos. That’s not what we were talking about at all so chill fam you are not smart just cause you used a word most people on here are gunna have to google. Also if state works for you by all means skate them. Do what works for you, the individual

Proof that you are projecting is I never even once stated my opinion on the topic, yet you're lumping me together with some phantasmal group because I've dared ask you questions. You have zero idea of what I think because I don't put it out there thinking my little take on the subject is worth so much more than the next person's. I never put any words in your mouth, I was legitimately asking you what you were thinking regarding specific topics.

Also individuality and selfishness are two different things, one can only be a (mature) individual if they at least consider the consequences of what their actions on the community sometimes, including their spending habits, and keep questioning themselves, basically being responsible, otherwise that's just being a basic me-first swallowing every instance of bullshit while primarily beating their chest. I'm all for freedom of choice but not for putting my head in the sand, but surely you see the double-edged sword.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:58:28 PM by silhouette »

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
The new Gilbert Crockett shoe is a better version of the adidas match court change my mind

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2020, 10:00:09 PM »
I bought two pairs of states really wanting to support them and they super stiff/uncomfortable and the bottom is slippery.

Have tried giving them away. Anytime someone tries them on they dekline takin them for free

For how badly I want to support that company I CANT wear them. Don’t know how their team does

Oh I see what you did there...

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2020, 10:12:42 PM »
The core vs corpo shit is pretty beat at this point

I think the real underlying problem is that core shops aren’t treated well enough and imo are just as important to the story of skating as the brands

Shops are (used to be?) the face of skating. Most people can’t walk into primitive and prod is at the front desk ready to answer your questions but skate shop owners usually are.

I’d rather get cool guyed in person at a shop than buy into some fake ass internet persona that’s just trying to sell me shit Anyway

90sDamiano

« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2020, 10:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Proof that you are projecting is I never even once stated my opinion on the topic, yet you're lumping me together with some phantasmal group because I've dared ask you questions. You have zero idea of what I think because I don't put it out there thinking my little take on the subject is worth so much more than the next person's. I never put any words in your mouth, I was legitimately asking you what you were thinking regarding specific topics.

Also individuality and selfishness are two different things, one can only be a (mature) individual if they at least consider the consequences of what their actions on the community sometimes, including their spending habits, and keep questioning themselves, basically being responsible, otherwise that's just being a basic me-first swallowing every instance of bullshit while primarily beating their chest. I'm all for freedom of choice but not for putting my head in the sand, but surely you see the double-edged sword.
You came at me so I had to clap back G, the fact you purposely skate states gave the the inclination that you are a support skater own businesses by any means type or the I’m broke so I guess they’ll do type. If I’m wrong so be it, but you definitely tried to make me out to be some kind of monster when in fact I’m promoting you, the individual. The individual need be solid before they can contribute to anything. As for things like spending habits and conscious buying we can be here all day and never spend a dime on anything because most thing are unethically sourced and someone is getting short handed somewhere. That’s why in the world we live in we need to be aware of the things that we can control, which is ourselves, the individual.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2020, 10:16:54 PM »
Reading comments above it seems kids today want to click a link in noras story that takes you to an adidas online shop.

I’m sure adidas executives want that as well. It cuts out having to mail to skate shops and they make mor e profit selling direct to customer from
Wholesale price.

Corporations have been farming us for awhile

90sDamiano

« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »

I think the real underlying problem is that core shops aren’t treated well enough and imo are just as important to the story of skating as the brands

Shops are (used to be?) the face of skating. Most people can’t walk into primitive and prod is at the front desk ready to answer your questions but skate shop owners usually are.

I’d rather get cool guyed in person at a shop than buy into some fake ass internet persona that’s just trying to sell me shit Anyway
Word, I see what your saying. I rather know you don’t fuck with me than that fake skater friend shit.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2020, 10:20:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Word, I see what your saying. I rather know you don’t fuck with me than that fake skater friend shit.

Exactly atleast in person when I’m getting laughed at for buying 100 dollar shoes they paid 30 for it’s understood.

I guess most people can’t handle that and need the shiny ball put in their face so they feel better

90sDamiano

« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2020, 10:32:14 PM »
Reading comments above it seems kids today want to click a link in noras story that takes you to an adidas online shop.

I’m sure adidas executives want that as well. It cuts out having to mail to skate shops and they make mor e profit selling direct to customer from
Wholesale price.

Corporations have been farming us for awhile
At least they’re paying their riders well. Puig looks like he’s gunna be set for life.
you should always support your local skate shop the best you can. Does that mean only purchase products from your local skate shop no matter what? No, but when you can do your best to at least spend some of your dollars at a local skate shop. Even if they are cool guys  8)
And if you’re not vibing with your local find a local shop that has an online store. By no means am I trying to get people to stop shopping at their local and go to foot locker, I was merely giving an example as to why it would make sense for Adidas to close certain accounts.