Author Topic: Everything B L A N K s thread  (Read 26483 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Everything B L A N K s thread
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2021, 06:19:05 PM »
Nah, it was like a regular board. That sounds strange though.

It was before laser etching and most of those technologies, so boards would have a single stamp hammered in, some would have letters, eg DLX used to have A, K and the little REAL logo stamped on their boards once upon a time.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2021, 09:19:03 PM »
I tried looking around but couldn't find anything. Anyone know where CCS blanks are pressed?

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2021, 09:34:20 PM »
anywhere they can - as of right now anyways
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »
@radcunt

This is the thread I was looking for after you asked about blanks.

Unless something has changed I think as per the last page, people are pissed that what they ordered has not been made as they are way behind and the size / production was off on the board they did get, but that is just what I am reading.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2021, 10:28:47 PM »
@radcunt

Unless something has changed I think as per the last page, people are pissed that what they ordered has not been made as they are way behind and the size / production was off on the board they did get, but that is just what I am reading.

Ah thanks, had a read and it's not looking too good in being able to get some, especially shipped to Australia. 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2021, 11:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
@radcunt

[close]

Ah thanks, had a read and it's not looking too good in being able to get some, especially shipped to Australia.

Old mate from Omni is making boards in Australia (Victoria I think) and is on instagram...

https://www.omnisk8.com.au/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLyrg3lFQlE/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK8m2fklFju/

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2021, 12:11:33 AM »
Holy shit Omni! Haven’t thought about that brand in a while lol. Wish they did an uncut. Might hit em up.

Diocletian

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2021, 07:28:14 AM »
I bought a couple Prime blanks from SoCal skate shop over the winter. Put them up on my closet shelf for a couple weeks, no closet doors and the air in here isn't too dry or moist. They were also stacked on top of other boards that were BBS/Generator. I took the blanks down one day and stood on them, was gonna maybe grip one up. Both started making crazy cracking and popping noises and then I look to see all the plies were brittle and cracked all over the place. The boards did not arrive that way, either. Stood on all the BBS boards and they were perfectly fine. Made me sketched out about any Prime board and I will never buy one again or recommend.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2021, 09:59:12 AM »
I am no expert on the subject, but that sounds like a rushed curing process. Prolly due to corner cutting in production timelines, in order to speed up manufacturing that resulted from the COVID supply chain chaos. Prime was likely fielding orders from a bunch of new clients that typically used other wood shops prior to the pandemic.
Not that they had a stellar reputation for quality before this all went down, but I had never heard of that issue from they before now.
Thanks for the warn.
I’m going to continue to not by their product.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2021, 09:18:30 PM »
https://newyorkskateboards.com/collections/boards/products/blank-skateboard

Chapman blanks are 35$ with free shipping and grip.

Diocletian

« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2021, 09:45:13 PM »
Are chapman blanks any good?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2021, 05:16:29 AM »
Are chapman blanks any good?

They're clutch. It's decent wood but they quickly develop pressure cracks for me.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2021, 08:05:43 AM »

I just set up one of those Chapman blanks and am gonna skate it this weekend and will report back. I’ve skated some shop boards that were Chapman, and I liked them.

8.3 w/ 14.25 wb. Spray painted some racing stripes

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2021, 04:29:02 PM »

SK8 Factory 9.0 blank, Idny 169 forged titanium, SF F4 OG Classics 58 mm,
Bones Swiss Ceramics, Bones rails and Tail Bone, Indy hardware and 1/8" risers, Jessup.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2021, 01:42:33 AM »
I bought two 15"wb 10.5" Skate Paige uncuts.  Used Primitive Vilani 10" egg for board 1. Board 2 was double tailed CK1 phawt shape 7" "tails".  Used tail end and flipped it, so kind of symmetrical phawt, cut to 9.25 (9.0 at middle truck hole pattern. Have yet to skate. Blanks looked good. Sorry for long post.

Twin tail Phawt

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2021, 08:30:04 AM »
I bought two 15"wb 10.5" Skate Paige uncuts.  Used Primitive Vilani 10" egg for board 1. Board 2 was double tailed CK1 phawt shape 7" "tails".  Used tail end and flipped it, so kind of symmetrical phawt, cut to 9.25 (9.0 at middle truck hole pattern. Have yet to skate. Blanks looked good. Sorry for long post.

Twin tail Phawt

That looks sick. Keen to hear how it rides and lasts

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2021, 05:24:56 PM »
hey Sonny were the WB actually 15? I have been struggling to find the shape I skated for many years - 8.5x15x33 (usually a lil wider when measured).

Thinking of buying a few of these and buying whatever tools I need to shape them down. street skating but tall and loved the shape but the company (service?) doesnt seem to be in business anymore.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2021, 02:23:32 AM »
hey Sonny were the WB actually 15? I have been struggling to find the shape I skated for many years - 8.5x15x33 (usually a lil wider when measured).

Thinking of buying a few of these and buying whatever tools I need to shape them down. street skating but tall and loved the shape but the company (service?) doesnt seem to be in business anymore.

Yep, these (uncuts) had 15"wb predrilled. You'd be good to go. If 35th Ave were to get their 10" pops, that'd be a go too. Set up a 10" with 15"wb, couldn't hang with width. Cut down to 8.625 with that 15"wb. Smidge too long, but super stable. Here are some old pics post cut down and shape
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:37:04 AM by Sonny Paluso »

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2021, 10:30:12 AM »

Twin tail Phawt

Are you just tracing the shape onto the uncut, or measuring from center and using a paper template?

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2021, 01:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote

Twin tail Phawt

[close]

Are you just tracing the shape onto the uncut, or measuring from center and using a paper template?

Tracing with board. Lined up mounting holes then traced. If donor different wb, I just flip the donor to whatever tail or nose I want to use. Before cutting I measure from mounting holes to trace line to make sure they're fairly even. Can have some variance, just sand down with rasp to even or close as even. Hand shaping is very zen, throw some tunes on and zone out. I highly recommend.  I had a 9" Creature popsicle that I just hand shaped to a football like shape. Sky is the limit. Good luck.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2021, 01:01:01 PM »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2021, 10:55:23 PM »
Anyone have any experiences with TopShelf blanks?

Rattus Localis

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2021, 09:48:34 PM »
Anyone in Au tried the OCD blanks? The price is right.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2021, 07:43:41 AM »
Anyone in Au tried the OCD blanks? The price is right.

The plain blanks with 2020 OCD in the coloured "Blind" OG logo are Clutch wood and decent boards - had a few of those go through my hands in bigger sizes and skated them when set up for others.  Some of the dimensions on the remaining boards are a bit funny though - thinking that 8.625 x 32.875 has maybe a 15 wheelbase and not 14.0 as listed but I could be wrong, same with the dimensions on the 8.25.

I don't know about the other ones with the tiki graphic though, but I think I will email them and ask.

What sizes are you more into?

Rattus Localis

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2021, 07:45:04 PM »
 Thanks for the feedback man.

Not sure if I've ever skated Clutch wood but from everything I've read it's the good stuff. I'm a big fan of Generator.

I like anything from 8.25 to 8.38. I'm not too picky about wheelbase but I'd definitely prefer 14 or 14.25 over a 14.5.

Sounds like it's worth checking them out.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2021, 07:53:53 PM »
Thanks for the feedback man.

Not sure if I've ever skated Clutch wood but from everything I've read it's the good stuff. I'm a big fan of Generator.

I like anything from 8.25 to 8.38. I'm not too picky about wheelbase but I'd definitely prefer 14 or 14.25 over a 14.5.

Sounds like it's worth checking them out.

This one might be the winner.  They currently have a 20% off sale on trucks and wheels, but had everything 15% off last week.  Depending on when you need it hold out and they might have another EOFY sale so get them cheaper and 9 still in stock.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/ocd-2020-8-38-skateboard-deck

OCD - 2020 8.38" SKATEBOARD DECK
$79.00
Info
WIDTH
LENGTH
WHEEL BASE

Rattus Localis

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »
Sick, thanks mate.

I'm setting up my last freshie tonight so I might hold off a little while like you suggested. Should last me three weeks to a month if I don't snap it.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2021, 09:37:08 AM »
has anyone ever shop with wholesaleskateboard.com?

looks like their shipping really isn't cost-effective for one board?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2021, 07:09:17 PM »
has anyone ever shop with wholesaleskateboard.com?

looks like their shipping really isn't cost-effective for one board?

https://wholesaleskateboard.com/collections/blank-skateboard-decks

Minimum 10 boards to order $16 each plus $27 for a box of grip, but you can get samples at a higher price to test them, singles from $25 with $8 for grip:

https://wholesaleskateboard.com/collections/product-samples

Looking through I would say they probably resell decent boards for generic brands, completes for budget setups, etc.

I would not be that keen to actually ride the boards, but I am spoilt by getting the good stuff so nothing else compares in terms of concave and the feel of the board, which are the only thing that matters to me.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2021, 06:10:45 AM »
I actually just figured out. Wholesaleskateboard.com is blankdecks.com. They have different slightly pricing but the same product.

after some internet sleuthing I discovered they have the same address out of Utah.

They say their American boards are made in ca