Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58111 times)

LesbianPUNCH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2021, 04:39:58 PM »
I have a handful of friends who work in healthcare. Every one of them who’ve gotten the vaccine say the second dose is hell and made them feverish and sick for days.

I had covid in November. Maybe I’m an idiot, but how do antibodies from a vaccine differ from having the real thing? My covid experience was super mild.

ketoacidosis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
I have a handful of friends who work in healthcare. Every one of them who’ve gotten the vaccine say the second dose is hell and made them feverish and sick for days.

I had covid in November. Maybe I’m an idiot, but how do antibodies from a vaccine differ from having the real thing? My covid experience was super mild.

I’m 36 hours out from the second dose and my arm barely hurts and that’s it. I was able to go on a 10 mile run without any issues. I have also heard people feeling lousy after the second dose, but I think that’s been the exception not the norm. Of the dozens I’ve interacted with since their second dose no one has had an adverse reaction. I’m a PA and not a resident so I don’t work crazy hours and I think that could be a reason. I was able to get good rest afterwards.

This is an RNA vaccine not an attenuated or inactive virus which has been used in the past. So basically they package the RNA in lipids and it enters your cells and your cell machinery uses the RNA to create the “spike” protein (the protein present on the virus that attaches to your cells and allows its to enter) which will then allow your body to recognize it if the virus were to get in your system. It doesn’t enter your own genome and become a permanent part of your DNA, which people were worried about. I’m not totally sure how much different antibodies are, that’s out of my knowledge base.

The current strains, even the more transmissible one we keep hearing about, have a lower death rate than what we saw in the spring. That could partially be because we know how to treat this thing and also because it could be less virulent. I don’t think it’s surprising that people who got it recently (my family members caught it in Dec.) had mild symptoms. The issue is that more people are getting it and the healthcare system isn’t prepare to handle the numbers it’s seeing.

nincompoop

• Rep: -9
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2021, 06:36:32 PM »
has GAY received it yet? maybe that's why he's missing from the boards.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2021, 04:07:10 AM »
Got the shot 4hours ago, all good. Feels just like any other vaccination.

Constantly checkin my phone for 5g reception, no success yet.

But i just installed windows 95 on my dishwasher.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 11:12:00 AM by pica »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2021, 12:34:07 PM »
Got the shot 4hours ago, all good. Feels just like any other vaccination.

Constantly checkin my phone for 5g reception, no success yet.

But i just installed windows 95 on my dishwasher.

Ya, my partner got it last week. she's since spent $5000 USD on Amazon and the chip interferes with my tinnitus at night.
Just kidding. She's fine. She had a sore arm for 2 days but that's what happens with intramuscular shots. I'm sure it's nothing compared to the round we got a basic training.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 34
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2021, 12:39:11 AM »
Just got my second shot this week, I got the moderna version. Was thinking I was going to be in bed all day today because two friends also got it and felt sick the next day but felt completely okay except for a sore arm. I looked it up and read 3% of the US population has had both, very cool. I definitely understand why people have reservations, especially considering how fucked up the government is. If anyone is thinking of taking it but has questions/concerns, feel free to message :-)

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2021, 06:13:34 AM »
wait a minute does 5g give me covid or does covid give me 5g i'm not clear on that point

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2021, 06:35:59 AM »
Got the second pfizer shot on tuesday. No fever no pain no nothing. All good.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »
wait a minute does 5g give me covid or does covid give me 5g i'm not clear on that point
you better do your research!

;)

Theseaorganization

• Rep: -41
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah I’d like to but after they’ve got all the kinks out of the initial treatment. 

No it’s not some antivaxxer bs just if they’re rushing everyone to get it I’m not buying it’s effectiveness.

I have been in medical studies and I’ve had extreme issues with side effects and having been on antiviral drugs for Hep C they’ve given me exema and restless leg syndrome.

Plus anyone else remember the fact they’ve purposefully done horrible things in the name of medical science to others?
[close]

What, like curing your hepatitis?

https://www.britannica.com/event/Guatemala-syphilis-experiment.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2021, 07:57:46 AM »

My girlfriend is a nurse and she was out for a few days after the second dose. she had her moments of being fine but then right back down. said it was like having the flu.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2021, 10:19:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My girlfriend is a nurse and she was out for a few days after the second dose. she had her moments of being fine but then right back down. said it was like having the flu.

My partner got moderna dose 2 at 1300 on Saturday. She had a 99.1°F fever by 1500. She was however fine to do things until 2100, when she became achey and cold to the point of shivering/sweating. She woke at 1100 Sunday with a sore arm and reported being tired but with no fever, hanging out most of the day buy was able to go for a walk to the market and prepare dinner. No symptoms today.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2021, 10:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My partner got moderna dose 2 at 1300 on Saturday. She had a 99.1°F fever by 1500. She was however fine to do things until 2100, when she became achey and cold to the point of shivering/sweating. She woke at 1100 Sunday with a sore arm and reported being tired but with no fever, hanging out most of the day buy was able to go for a walk to the market and prepare dinner. No symptoms today.

I had some fatigue and soreness after Moderna dose 1, and can get dose 2 in a few weeks. A lil worried since I seemed to react more severely to dose 1 than others I know, but it's worth some discomfort in the long run.

Unless a vaccine resistant mutation develops and rips through my state... praying that doesn't happen. Everybody get your second shots, yo. We don't need any super covid strains.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Some dude

« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2021, 11:51:11 AM »

Yes. Feel free to talk to me like I’m a moron..but why would a person want to get a vaccine (one that doesn’t even stop you from contracting/spreading it...just prevents symptoms) for something they have already had?  What antibodies would the vaccine provide that having the virus itself didn’t provide?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2021, 12:00:59 PM »
i joined slap for the politics but stayed for the science
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Some dude

« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »
Yes, as soon it will be my turn. Already had Covid and we need to stop this.

Good initiativ, the "Ignore user" will wear out by the end of this thread.

Cancel culture of stuff like racism, sexism, etc is AMAZING. When people use the “ignore user” feature to cancel discussing opinions on an issue, it just comes off like they have an inability to have discussions on different opinions. Anyways, feel free to engage your “ignore user” button with me..I have the feeling you wouldn’t have the ability to have a rational discussion on certain issues anyways. I just wanted to express my opinion on cancel culture and wanted to use your example of it to express it..thanks

Holla!

edit: I’d even give you credit that you could possibly have information on topics that someone may have not known and have the ability to change their stance on an issue..not that it would be your responsibility to do (but I doubt you’re coming from a “responsible” stance on this and more a just lack of inability to explain your views/opinions.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 12:19:26 PM by Some dude »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2021, 07:07:52 AM »
Cancel Culture doesn't exist on a fucking skateboarding message board. I swear the only people who ever use that term don't have a clue what it means.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Some dude

« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2021, 09:11:01 AM »
Cancel Culture doesn't exist on a fucking skateboarding message board. I swear the only people who ever use that term don't have a clue what it means.

“Cancel culture (or call-out culture) is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – either online on social media, in the real world, or both.”

If this isn’t even a loose explanation of it, then define it for me internet tough guy 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋️

I’ve seemed to have misplaced my Billy Bitchcakes edition dictionary...dipshit
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:25:51 AM by Some dude »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »

jj, johan, biebel, ka ... the list goes on

oh wait, what’s cancel culture
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2021, 11:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes. Feel free to talk to me like I’m a moron..but why would a person want to get a vaccine (one that doesn’t even stop you from contracting/spreading it...just prevents symptoms) for something they have already had?  What antibodies would the vaccine provide that having the virus itself didn’t provide?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

"If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.

We won’t know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work.

Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

Will a COVID-19 vaccination protect me from getting sick with COVID-19?

Yes. COVID-19 vaccination works by teaching your immune system how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19, and this protects you from getting sick with COVID-19.

Being protected from getting sick is important because even though many people with COVID-19 have only a mild illness, others may get a severe illness, have long-term health effects, or even die. There is no way to know how COVID-19 will affect you, even if you don’t have an increased risk of developing severe complications. Learn more about how COVID-19 vaccines work."
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2021, 11:45:52 AM »

Lol

C'mon man

Cancel culture and gaslighting are what slap runs on these days.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2021, 11:50:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“Cancel culture (or call-out culture) is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – either online on social media, in the real world, or both.”

If this isn’t even a loose explanation of it, then define it for me internet tough guy 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋️

If people use the ignore function on someone then that's their decision, it hasn't silenced anyone. If someone gets banned it's because they broke the community guidelines not because they were "thrust out of the social circle"

Pretty sure none of them post on here
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Some dude

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2021, 11:57:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If people use the ignore function on someone then that's their decision, it hasn't silenced anyone. If someone gets banned it's because they broke the community guidelines not because they were "thrust out of the social circle"

Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure none of them post on here

It’s all good. I’ve moved on..I think it’s clear the logic in your comment has been regarded as inaccurate/incomplete..Good luck with your day g’
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 12:23:36 PM by Some dude »

Some dude

« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2021, 12:10:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

"If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.

We won’t know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work.

Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

Will a COVID-19 vaccination protect me from getting sick with COVID-19?

Yes. COVID-19 vaccination works by teaching your immune system how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19, and this protects you from getting sick with COVID-19.

Being protected from getting sick is important because even though many people with COVID-19 have only a mild illness, others may get a severe illness, have long-term health effects, or even die. There is no way to know how COVID-19 will affect you, even if you don’t have an increased risk of developing severe complications. Learn more about how COVID-19 vaccines work."

Cool..so to me that reads whether or not immunity comes via natural or vaccine, length of immunity from either is a big TBD....and that if you feel you are susceptible to extreme health issues regarding covid you should def be seeking out that vaccine. Not the definitive answer on whether one is better than the other that I was hoping for, but thanks for the info..

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2021, 10:12:54 AM »
Moderna dose 2 is fuckin my day up, but feeling like a pile for a few days is worth the protection from the risks involved with contracting (or re-contracting) the real deal.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2021, 08:37:52 PM »
Got myself the first shot earlier this week and my partner just got hers today. Only side effect from mine was a sore arm, similar to the tetanus boosters. I'm just stoked that we both managed to get them and really hoping that everyone else I know is able to get a vaccine soon too.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2021, 08:42:21 PM »
I get my 2nd shot in a week and a half.  As shitty as Arizona has been with Covid, I was surprised at how easy it is to get a shot.  Feel great and nobody in my family got sick from it either. Get those shots if you can people.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2021, 08:47:59 AM »
Got my first Pfizer shot three days ago, was impressed with how tiny the needle is. You barely feel that shit going in. Way easier than any other shot I’ve ever gotten. I had a headache and felt really tired for the rest of the day... but that was probably because I woke up hungover on a Saturday morning to go wait in the LA sun for 2 hours at my local vaccine site.

Shot number two will be the real test. Pretty much everyone I know has gotten rather sick for at least 24 hours. My older relatives and one diabetic friend had more adverse reactions than the young healthy ones, which is probably to be expected.

On the topic of getting vs not getting the shot: I don’t really blame anyone for being skeptical. The government and big pharmaceutical companies absolutely do not have your best interests in mind. Other people have posted links to some of the extremely sketchy historical examples so I won’t reiterate all that.

However one thing that may help assuage your fears: most of the really fucked up medical mistreatments in history have been in poor or minority populations or underdeveloped countries. These new shots are currently being pushed to the most rich and powerful: senators, doctors, etc. Rich white people are cutting the lines left and right. You think these pharma companies want to poison the same people who sit on their boards, buy their stocks, work in their hospitals? Probably not. So if it’s safe enough for my local rich white asshole I’m going to assume it’s safe enough for me as well.

There *have* been some kind of alarming side effects and those stories are being minimized or ignored in the mainstream press. That shit really pisses me off because it just fuels the fire for anyone predisposed to skepticism. Personally, however, I’m willing to get my shots anyway because I know almost *all* medical treatments have the remote possibility of crazy problems, but if you play the odds you can figure that you will probably be ok.

I know more people who have had long difficult COVID symptoms than I do who have had prolonged vaccine problems. Now will we all come down with some weird rare cancer or become infertile a few years down the line? It’s definitely possible, although probably not very likely.

Also, If you’re nervous about these new mRNA vaccines, consider waiting for the more traditional Johnson and Johnson shots to get more widely available.

tl;dr— I don’t blame you if you’re skeptical but I reasoned it out with myself and decided to get it anyway.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
didn’t read this thread but getting the vaccine today

1. made me skate a lot better

2. was a weird experience made weirder by being stoned and listening to death metal while military guys herded us into a convention center to get injected w/ a syringe just like in a death metal song (and when i took my headphones out they were playing “wipe out” on the PA)

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »
Work in healthcare and had my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine a couple weeks ago. Woke up with a headache that wouldn't go away the next day (I never get headaches typically), but that was all. Stoked I was able to get it.