Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57820 times)

Donkey Lips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #570 on: July 26, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
The number of vaccine adverse reactions seems to be incredibly low compared to how many have been vaccinated, but it's difficult to see stuff like this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRbw8NEsOc6/

from her post:

March 18th, 2021 is the day that I made a decision that flipped my entire world upside down.

I’ve been EXTREMELY quiet about this decision and the adverse effects that it has caused me simply because I didn’t want to scare anyone out of making their own decision on receiving the vax..

With all this being said, I made the decision to get my vax before I left Las Vegas to move back to my home state of North Carolina because I wanted to play it safe and make sure those around me weren’t in harms way. I also do have underlying autoimmune issues which I have openly talked about for a while now.

I’m not ashamed of why I received the vax because I know my heart was in a good place and my intentions were pure..and yet here I am struggling with adverse side effects from this life changing decision.

Doctors have been pretty lost on what exactly is going on..running multiple tests, medical imaging and neurological exams coming back with no answers..

Here’s just a glimpse of what I’ve been dealing with-

Symptoms that come and go:
Dystonia
Difficulty walking and weakness within the legs
Dull aching & sharp shooting pains within the legs
Vertigo
Heart palpitations
Lack of sensation throughout the body
Cold sensation in the legs
Pain behind the eyes
Tremor in right hand

Symptoms that are 24/7:
Short term memory loss
Trouble forming sentences
Feeling out of body
Depth perception is off
Visual Changes
Severe brain fog

I am not sharing this post to scare anyone out of making their own decision, however I do believe that people must know exactly what the risks are. These stories shouldn’t be so hidden on social media platforms or the news and I’m done being so quiet about this..

If there is anyone out there that is experiencing something similar don’t be afraid to let your voice be heard. Please share!!! I can use all the insight and help I can get right now..
[close]

Lol this is 100% fake news for clout and attention.

If not, well...she's fine now.

Get vaccinated folks.

And for cash. Since she's got a gofundme set up now. Going to take the cash, go silent for a week or two, then come back plugging some holistic shit that she's selling saying it cured her.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #571 on: July 27, 2021, 08:01:02 PM »
Amazing that she managed to do her hair and makeup for the shot while shaking like that. Never seen a seizure look so hot.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #572 on: July 27, 2021, 08:09:40 PM »
"Dominique was rushed to the hospital after 7 days of suffering severe cramping in the legs, trouble walking, numbness/coldness and lightening like sensation in the legs."

I too was rushed to a hospital after having those symptoms for seven days.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #573 on: July 28, 2021, 04:50:19 AM »
Got my second dose two weeks ago (Astra Zeneca / Oxford) - so I guess I am in the clear now . . .

Huge psychological relief, even though I am rarely in large crowds or indoor spaces.

No sever reactions to report (just the normal arm pain and fatigue for a couple days).

One thing I noticed a few days after both doses was a 2-4 zits pop up random places on my body that were kinda gnarly; I never have those kind of skin issues.  Reading into it I found that skin reactions due to the auto-immune response are pretty common, and can actually be much worse (hives, itching, rash of large area of body).

While I understand the hesitancy to get vaccinated, it seems the choice is becoming to either contract the virus or try out the vaccine.

My decision was made pretty easily, as my family lives on the other side of the world and I haven't seen them in a couple years.

Shalom; stay safe.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #574 on: July 28, 2021, 04:57:45 AM »
Sweden here:

Got first Pfizer five minutes ago. Sitter here waiting for the side effects to kick in and kill me... Like the ex-junkie that I am..

Oh, I'm 34, so we're kind of slow...

Edit:

Four hours later: The site feels weird. I feel kind of weird, but ok. Probably paying way too much attention to subtle changes.

Day after: Damn, my shoulder, bro... Mind feels sluggish, but ok.

uk here, got 1st pfizer last friday, im assuming you had the 10/15 minute wait after too? that shit was anxiety inducing. ended up going skating shortly after, sore arm kicked in about 4/5 hours later but aside from that felt absolutely fine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #575 on: July 28, 2021, 11:37:50 AM »
wait, there's one called Bioshock? That's a baddass name
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #576 on: July 28, 2021, 10:12:17 PM »
Has anyone got, or know anyone that has Pericarditis after the Pfizer vaccine? I have it, and I'm freaking that it's gonna hang around or recur. Had a scan today and get results back on Monday.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #577 on: July 29, 2021, 03:16:17 AM »
I just got the first vaccine a couple days ago.

Edit update a few days later:
My arm was pretty sore and all my muscles felt really sore the night of my shot and the next day. My body is always sore but the first night I was more more sore than normal.

The next day I felt like I had no power at the gym.
I was a little tired after the shot and tired the day after.
That’s all the side effect I felt from the first one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 04:30:29 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #578 on: July 29, 2021, 05:29:22 AM »
Has anyone got, or know anyone that has Pericarditis after the Pfizer vaccine? I have it, and I'm freaking that it's gonna hang around or recur. Had a scan today and get results back on Monday.

I do not wish to offer you empty reassurances, but it is my understanding that tissue inflammation from vaccines are temporary, and due to an immune response. I would expect to recover shortly, and I would not anticipate recurrence. I would not engage in strenuous physical activity until you get the results back, though. That said, I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing a negative outcome, and I hope you recover swiftly and without complication.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2021, 05:49:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I do not wish to offer you empty reassurances, but it is my understanding that tissue inflammation from vaccines are temporary, and due to an immune response. I would expect to recover shortly, and I would not anticipate recurrence. I would not engage in strenuous physical activity until you get the results back, though. That said, I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing a negative outcome, and I hope you recover swiftly and without complication.

Thanks Janus. I've heard similar things from a couple of sources in the last few hours, so that'll go a long way to keeping me calm before I get the results. Was a bit loathe to talk to anyone about it, let alone speak about it on a message board. I really don't wanna fuel the anti vax fire that's raging atm. It's pretty common to get it from covid by the looks, and I imagine that's a lot worse.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2021, 06:05:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks Janus. I've heard similar things from a couple of sources in the last few hours, so that'll go a long way to keeping me calm before I get the results. Was a bit loathe to talk to anyone about it, let alone speak about it on a message board. I really don't wanna fuel the anti vax fire that's raging atm. It's pretty common to get it from covid by the looks, and I imagine that's a lot worse.

i was told pericarditis is something that can occur and to avoid it i should keep it very chill for about 4-5 days after my shot. i hope yours goes away quickly. just don't stress your pump out too much, you did the right thing getting checked up. everything janus said was spot on. try to keep a positive outlook so as not to stress your heart out further, cut down on coffee or other heart rate uppers, avoid alcohol and none to very light physical activity like light biking or walks(just laying around isn't good either).

sketchyrider

« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2021, 08:28:32 AM »
Did we roast that guy falling for obvious internet misinformation or are we over it

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2021, 02:18:42 PM »
Just got my second shot. Just walked in without an appointment and was done in less than an hour.

I'm rewarding myself with a greasy but super tasty hamburger from L'Hamburger. Their burgers are amazing but, sadly, their fries are pretty bad.

So far my arm is a bit sore but I'm hoping I can dodge any significant symptoms again.

Stoked to be done with this shit. However, I worry the assholes who aren't getting vaccinated are going to drag this shit out as the delta strain spreads and their bullshit creates a risk of the virus mutating again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjedOuptmSk

Update: Didn't sleep well last night. Felt normal, but tired this morning, felt crummy for about three hours this afternoon (headache and slight body aches), went our for a beer and a movie this evening and I feel pretty normal now. Hoping to sleep soundly tonight.

First shot was a breeze and the second wasn't so bad. No major side effects. Worse than a tetanus shot for sure but overall, it was pretty easy. I was way more nervous about the second shot than I should have been.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:26:09 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

FROGGY

• Rep: 0
  • honk if you're horny
« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
got it on good authority that unvaccinated sperm is the new bitcoin- been saving up
"Here to fuck spiders"

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #584 on: August 04, 2021, 05:42:24 AM »
Got my 2nd shot of Pfizer. Feel good aside from a sore arm and some mental fog. hopefully that will clear soon. Glad this is finally over with.

I got moderna for my second one, and I felt back to normal by the next day.

Also, Burt, I hope you’re doing well, my man. (I don’t know how to @ people.)
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #585 on: August 04, 2021, 06:39:34 AM »
I wanted to wait for the full FDA approval, but I'll be getting my pfizer today because of work mandates. I wasn't opposed to getting the vaccine, and I didn't have any specific concerns, but I would have felt more confident getting it after FDA approval because of how political and unscientific most of this pandemic response has been. I get the feeling it will be approved early September anyway.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #586 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:05 AM »
I have been double shot Pfizer'd up since late april. 2 weeks ago had some cold symptoms (headache, runny nose, sore throat) and got tested just as a precaution -- rapid test negative, but PCR was positive. I was a breakthrough infection!

Although I gotta shout out the vaccine for making me only have 2-3 days of really bad fatigue, cough, headache, confusion,  rather than 5-10 days of that, I still had to quarantine for 2 weeks which sucked major ass and cost me so much money. my Quarantine just finished up.

even if you're vaxed, If you have coldlike symptoms, get a PCR test. I was in such denial that I could get it after being vaccinated but I guess it is happening w/ the delta variant.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #587 on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
Are you in the US? If so, which state?

The likelihood of getting a breakthrough infection or re-infected will probably be higher in states that have eliminated the ability to claim unemployment during quarantine since people will just go to work sick if they need the money.

Governors that eliminated covid related unemployment benefits need to undo the damage they're causing.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #588 on: August 06, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
Unvax'd* looking more and more fucking stupid and selfish by the minute.

*healthy enough to make a choice, not under 12, etc. I shouldn't have to caveat this but there ya go.
ok thanks

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2021, 12:38:21 PM »
What's the situation with the Delta varient in the US? It's ripping through the UK and even though deaths are way down due to the vaccinations, everyone's getting it and they've been on the rise again.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2021, 12:55:42 PM »
What's the situation with the Delta varient in the US? It's ripping through the UK and even though deaths are way down due to the vaccinations, everyone's getting it and they've been on the rise again.

Delta variant is ripping. Granted I can only speak to the experience of living in one of 2 least vaccinated counties in California, but our case counts have been higher over the past 2 weeks than at any time during the entire pandemic. A 30 year old person died earlier this week and a 50 year old person yesterday. Hospitals here are small and are reaching capacity. Mind you, fire season is coming through for the next 3 months and we've already got a steady stream of fire evacuees from other communities where vaccination rates are low and the response to wearing masks is poor. I was recently house-sitting in another low vaccination rate county (counties are almost like small states within the state as far as land mass, regulations, and law enforcement go in many ways), that's also a rural tourist destination and it was really concerning to see not only locals, but especially so many international travelers clustering and not wearing masks while indoors and in groups.

In short, the Delta variant is tearing through the United States, more people are getting sick and people are still dying. I start work in a small school at the end of the month and am, to be quite honest, low key, steady terrified.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

american.worm

• Rep: 15
« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2021, 12:57:59 PM »
got it on good authority that unvaccinated sperm is the new bitcoin- been saving up

its good to have a cum guy

its getting prevalent. I live in a major city and the 7-day average of new cases was about 200 a month ago. Its currently sitting at around 1500 now. Luckily the vaccine greatly reduces the severity of symptoms for the delta variant. Im not a doomer but its pretty concerning as the cold months are coming up and the shit is clearly spreading. It was nice to have a couple months of summer feeling care-free but shit might get tight around here again.

Fhk

« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2021, 01:09:59 PM »
Is it ok just continue to wear a mask w/o be vaccinated for COVID? Luckily I live where I do not have to do either, so I have not been following any of this lately. It sounds like shit is getting crazy again though. Good luck to all of you in the thick of this! Stay safe

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2021, 01:21:43 PM »
How is that lucky? Put a mask on and go get vaccinated you idiot

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2021, 01:42:28 PM »
Hospital beds are full of covid patients in my area of Georgia. Almost back to where we were at the last peak.

Talk about history repeating if you haven't learned from it.

Fhk

« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2021, 01:49:13 PM »
Idiot? You judge people w/o knowing anything about them? I am lucky because I live in a unpopulated area. That makes me lucky and you an idiot. Stay safe champ.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2021, 02:15:01 PM »
My bad, misread what you meant by "i don't have to do either", think it's pretty obvious why from how you worded it. Still though, vaccinations are a worldwide effort. Everyone that gets one is helping, whatever your situation

Some dude

• Rep: -43
« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2021, 02:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Idiot? You judge people w/o knowing anything about them? I am lucky because I live in a unpopulated area. That makes me lucky and you an idiot. Stay safe champ.

That dude must be somebody’s doctor. Not yours..but somebody’s. He def wants to give out free medical advice to you.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2021, 11:34:58 PM »
Cunts are fully getting it in nsw like that delta one I reckon we all gonna have to get it and just say fuck it open up I have been waiting on that phyzer but if shit gets bad here I’m just gonna get the other one

They had on news like if you get the az you have a one in thirty thousand chance of a blood clot but if you get delta and you haven’t had any shots it’s one in fifty that you gotta go to intensive care and get on that ventilator

I reckon our government here fucked the rollout heaps of cunts around my age aren’t eligible for phyzer yet cause the conservative government in charge fucked it’s negotiations with that company no shit it was in the papers that ruddles this ex Labour Party prime minister got asked by all these Australian big dick business leaders to try talk to phyzer and because of that were lucky we have the doses we have
What a cock up
listen to cosmic psychos

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #599 on: August 07, 2021, 05:55:27 AM »
i'm getting my first Moderna tomorrow

i'm nervous...has little/nothing to do with what i hear and see...on the news and in the various media...has to do with reading up on how the vaccine actually works ("tricking" my body and all), which intuitively seems wrong, but what do i know, i'm a skater and a literature professor...........has to do with putting my faith in institutions that i have come up learning not to trust...at all...institutions that most of us in here--in most other situations and circumstances--rightfully have little faith in...

...but, i'm getting it tomorrow regardless and regardless of the fact that i had a bout with COVID a while back--it has taken so MUCH from my family. i'm definitely teaching two classes on campus in the fall though, so it's time....this thread has helped (even the smug bullying here and there)...but i'm still nervous...