Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58122 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #600 on: August 07, 2021, 06:19:37 AM »
I’m not sure if I would say it tricks your body. If I understand correctly, it uses the mechanisms that your body would normally use to generate antibodies to a specific antigen marker in response to infection. It just seems to accelerate the process by giving you the mRNA sequence(s) necessary to produce the antibodies without the troublesome infection and immune response. As such, I feel it’s more like a cheat code, but maybe I’m just splitting hairs. Also, for the record, I’m not a bio major and I only took the mandatory bio lectures I needed for my program. So my opinions may need to be taken with some grains of salt.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #601 on: August 07, 2021, 06:31:45 AM »
I’m not sure if I would say it tricks your body. If I understand correctly, it uses the mechanisms that your body would normally use to generate antibodies to a specific antigen marker in response to infection. It just seems to accelerate the process by giving you the mRNA sequence(s) necessary to produce the antibodies without the troublesome infection and immune response. As such, I feel it’s more like a cheat code, but maybe I’m just splitting hairs. Also, for the record, I’m not a bio major and I only took the mandatory bio lectures I needed for my program. So my opinions may need to be taken with some grains of salt.

yeah, i get it, "tricked" was actually the language used in one of the descriptions i read...

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #602 on: August 07, 2021, 07:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, i get it, "tricked" was actually the language used in one of the descriptions i read...

I think I read the same description lol. I also took issue with being “tricked,” but I felt more stoked on “cheat code,” so I thought I’d share. I hope I wasn’t coming off condescending or shitty.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #603 on: August 07, 2021, 10:33:36 AM »
Cunts are fully getting it in nsw like that delta one I reckon we all gonna have to get it and just say fuck it open up I have been waiting on that phyzer but if shit gets bad here I’m just gonna get the other one

They had on news like if you get the az you have a one in thirty thousand chance of a blood clot but if you get delta and you haven’t had any shots it’s one in fifty that you gotta go to intensive care and get on that ventilator

I reckon our government here fucked the rollout heaps of cunts around my age aren’t eligible for phyzer yet cause the conservative government in charge fucked it’s negotiations with that company no shit it was in the papers that ruddles this ex Labour Party prime minister got asked by all these Australian big dick business leaders to try talk to phyzer and because of that were lucky we have the doses we have
What a cock up
Get what you can now, please. I, for one, believe it or not, am a fan of your posts. You bring something different to the table, and I like that.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #604 on: August 07, 2021, 10:45:19 AM »
It’s been 7 months since my vaccine. I’ve been out of town for work, staying in the Sacramento area where NOBODY gives a fuck about the virus, vaccines, let alone masks. Patiently waiting for my breakthrough infection.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #605 on: August 07, 2021, 11:28:24 AM »
It’s been 7 months since my vaccine. I’ve been out of town for work, staying in the Sacramento area where NOBODY gives a fuck about the virus, vaccines, let alone masks. Patiently waiting for my breakthrough infection.

dude, I was staying in Shasta county a couple weeks back and it was pretty weird. in Humboldt we've got fire refugees coming in from Tehama, trinity, and Shasta counties and its fuuuuucked. cases are higher right now up here than at any other time since day 1.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Lil Ricky

• Rep: -216
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #606 on: August 07, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »

Us vaccinated folks can spread the virus too, so what's the difference?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #607 on: August 07, 2021, 02:18:26 PM »
Are you in the US? If so, which state?

The likelihood of getting a breakthrough infection or re-infected will probably be higher in states that have eliminated the ability to claim unemployment during quarantine since people will just go to work sick if they need the money.

Governors that eliminated covid related unemployment benefits need to undo the damage they're causing.

NYC. I work remote though, so i really can't blame any institution.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #608 on: August 07, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »
Understood.

My wife and I was discussing the loss of covid related unemployment and the behavior of the employees she supervises. There are a number who live paycheck to paycheck that will likely forego testing unless they're obviously infected. The honor system is broken and she has to be doubly vigilant since she works in daycare and kids are catching Delta.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #609 on: August 07, 2021, 04:45:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lot of people seem to equate "can" with "equal chance of"
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Lil Ricky

• Rep: -216
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm just sayin, if youre vaxxed, you should be good even if you do get infected. If you want to continue being paralyzed with fear, that's on you. I did everything they told me to, which was a big ask for me considering I’ve never trusted the government or big pharma, so I'm done. I'm gonna live life. We're all gonna eventually die anyways.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 02:22:09 PM by Lil Ricky »

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #611 on: August 09, 2021, 01:21:24 PM »
i was supposed to move out of my apartment today, but the movers canceled because their driver has covid. shit is definitely going around again/still.

(although I suspect this guy was probably unvaccinated, because when vaccinated people catch covid they usually don't get very sick... and from what I hear about most American workplaces, they don't stop going to work either, as fucked up as that is)

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2021, 04:05:03 PM »
Had my second shot couple days ago. After the first one my shoulder was really sore and I slept for the entire day and felt a bit feverish the next day. This time there was no side effects whatsoever. Don't even know what I got since there was some mixup, but the first one was Pfizer.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2021, 05:04:32 PM »
Had my second shot couple days ago. After the first one my shoulder was really sore and I slept for the entire day and felt a bit feverish the next day. This time there was no side effects whatsoever. Don't even know what I got since there was some mixup, but the first one was Pfizer.
Have you had COVID before? Or may have had it? I read that if your reaction to the first shot is pretty severe you may have already had exposure to COVID.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #614 on: August 10, 2021, 05:04:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you had COVID before? Or may have had it? I read that if your reaction to the first shot is pretty severe you may have already had exposure to COVID.

i appreciate this--i will have to read up. i had my first shot of Moderna on Sunday, and yesterday was pure hell--the worst headache all day, laid out all day, fever, etc. i did have COVID back in October. feeling considerably better this morning, just a little lingering headache, but i can tell i'm going to be laying on my ass still today.

if the second shot is supposed to be worse, i'm going to need to drag myself there to go get it

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2021, 05:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i appreciate this--i will have to read up. i had my first shot of Moderna on Sunday, and yesterday was pure hell--the worst headache all day, laid out all day, fever, etc. i did have COVID back in October. feeling considerably better this morning, just a little lingering headache, but i can tell i'm going to be laying on my ass still today.

if the second shot is supposed to be worse, i'm going to need to drag myself there to go get it

Bummer, I hope you feel better soon. Although it’s anecdotal and based on one case, my mom felt  really rough after the first shot but she felt fine after the second one. Anyway, I hope the crappy part is out of the way for you. And I apologize again if I came off condescendingly earlier, I was trying to be reassuring.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2021, 06:04:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

A lot of un vax'd people equate it that way as reason to avoid the vaccination. I understand the difference and still wear a mask as a vax'd person because all 3 of my children are under the age to get vaccinated.  I still have to come into the building for work. My wife is able to work from home and keep an eye on the kids since we skipped summer camps this year. My ex wife, who I have the 2 oldest kids with, works in an office that deals with public and is in 3-4 days a week.

All of the adults are vax'd. All of the adults we interact with closely are vax'd. We were starting to go back to normalish behavior with dining out, day trips, amusement parks before delta started ramping up. We've now gone back to a smaller circle and take out if we really don't want to cook. We are trying to do everything we can to eliminate the possibility to passing it to them if we did have a breakthrough case.

There is a difference between "paralyzed with fear" and being cautious. So while I feel safer being vaccinated, knowing that I'll most likely be just fine, I am still doing what I can to protect my kids.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2021, 06:19:33 AM »
One week after the first pfizer dose, and I still have pain and stiffness in my joints and muscles from my lower back down through my feet. If it goes into week 2, I'll reach out to my doctor to see if he thinks I should get the second dose. Otherwise, I'm just foam-rolling, stretching, hydrating, and taking supplements like turmeric.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2021, 06:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Bummer, I hope you feel better soon. Although it’s anecdotal and based on one case, my mom felt  really rough after the first shot but she felt fine after the second one. Anyway, I hope the crappy part is out of the way for you. And I apologize again if I came off condescendingly earlier, I was trying to be reassuring.

cheers Janus...and it's all good

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I was assed out for 2-3 days following Pfizer rd 1. Felt like a really awful flue combined with low grade onset pneumonia. Body aches, headache, back pain, mildly delirious. With that, I'm fairly certain I contracted covid on x-country flights thru international airports in late 2019-2020, before we knew it was a thing- it was far worse but similar to what I felt post 1st shot- the lung piece was def far worse in 19-20. But, anyways, my 2nd shot wasn't so bad. I lead into it eating all greens for anti inflammatory purposes and stayed hydrated. Had a mild sense of feeling very hungover for about 12 hrs and totally fine afterwards.

Rest up and get the 2nd shot.  ;)

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2021, 05:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I was assed out for 2-3 days following Pfizer rd 1. Felt like a really awful flue combined with low grade onset pneumonia. Body aches, headache, back pain, mildly delirious. With that, I'm fairly certain I contracted covid on x-country flights thru international airports in late 2019-2020, before we knew it was a thing- it was far worse but similar to what I felt post 1st shot- the lung piece was def far worse in 19-20. But, anyways, my 2nd shot wasn't so bad. I lead into it eating all greens for anti inflammatory purposes and stayed hydrated. Had a mild sense of feeling very hungover for about 12 hrs and totally fine afterwards.

copy that...honestly, your description of what you experienced for the first shot aligns perfectly with what i'm experiencing. first day after, was fucked, yesterday (2nd day) was better, with a mild headache, this morning (3rd day out) i'm just sort of out of it--like you say, mild delirium. i am ready to get back to normal though, so i hope i'm straight tomorrow, with the semester rapidly approaching...first time teaching two classes, in the classroom, since all of this began last year--which makes me more nervous than my doubts about the vaccine...

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: August 11, 2021, 09:30:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

copy that...honestly, your description of what you experienced for the first shot aligns perfectly with what i'm experiencing. first day after, was fucked, yesterday (2nd day) was better, with a mild headache, this morning (3rd day out) i'm just sort of out of it--like you say, mild delirium. i am ready to get back to normal though, so i hope i'm straight tomorrow, with the semester rapidly approaching...first time teaching two classes, in the classroom, since all of this began last year--which makes me more nervous than my doubts about the vaccine...

Dude, I'm in a training with 50 so-called educators right now. Indoors. Glad for the  vaccine and coffee today. You'll be OK!

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #622 on: August 11, 2021, 04:57:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude, I'm in a training with 50 so-called educators right now. Indoors. Glad for the  vaccine and coffee today. You'll be OK!

thanks bro, that's reassuring...although, i'm not very "sophisticated," so who knows...

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2021, 06:01:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You should be fine on your second shot. Since you already had COVID last October, that was your first exposure (equivalent to the 1st shot to somebody never exposed). Your first actual shot, equivalent to your bodies second exposure, causes more severe immune response and what ever else big medicine promises. Let us know how it goes.

***Disclaimer***
I am not a doctor or medically trained…at all.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2021, 07:32:17 PM »
Getting the vaccine on Sunday after careful thought and reading through this thread for a few weeks. Thanks guys.

Gonna see if they’ll give it to me on my taint and become a PAL.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2021, 10:46:03 AM »
Turns out Pfizer is kind of ass after a few months. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.06.21261707v2

Here's the gist of it:

Effectiveness against hospitalization:
Moderna: 81%... 95% CI: 33-96.3%
Pfizer: 75%... 95% CI: 24-93.9%

Against infection:
Moderna: 76%...95% CI: 58-87%
Pfizer: 42%...95% CI: 13-62%

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2021, 08:39:05 PM »
Looks like we are going to need booster shots. Pfizer claims they can develop one for the delta variant rather quickly.

Also, it is crazy that things feel sort of back to normal even though the number of cases in the US is out of control.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #627 on: August 12, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »
Got the second dose of Pfizer two days ago. Felt slightly hungover and tired yesterday but I could skate just fine regardless.

TimmyB88

• Rep: -11
« Reply #628 on: August 13, 2021, 11:51:33 AM »
FUCK A VACCINE.

If the government tells you to cut off your own fucking dick, you probably will!

We are getting to a stage of mandatory vaccinations which is a push for control over the people and taking human rights and freedoms away. Wake the fuck up and look at what these other countries are doing rallying against this shit.

Better pick a side soon and pray you have a firearm because the streets will be filled with blood.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #629 on: August 13, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »

We are getting to a stage of mandatory vaccinations which is a push for control over the people and taking human rights and freedoms away.

The first school vaccination requirement was enacted in the 1850s in Massachusetts to prevent the spread of smallpox.

What a tragedy we've experienced for the past 170 years. If we could only go back to the 1840s when we were truly free.  How did lose the freedom to unnecessarily put our families, neighbors, communities, and country at risk? Why can't I harm the innocent by jeopardizing their health?

Why must they thrust this new technology that was first invented in the late 1700s upon us? 225 years of vaccines is not long enough to know if they are safe or not. I refuse to be an experiment!

When will this crushing leviathan pull it's boot from off our necks?

Why did my sheeple parents obey the totalitarian regimes of Reagan and Bush in the 80s and vaccinate me against polio, measles, tetanus, hep A and B, and so on? If only some sovereign citizen with a firearm could have prevented this march towards totalitarianism. What is next? Will they require me to take a test in order to operate my personal means of conveyance? Will they force me to operate this means of conveyance sober? Will they force companies to tell consumers all ingredients in their food? Will they enforce minimum levels of safety in the workplace?Never!

I agree with Timmy the Kook, let us rise up and destroy this state that does not dictate my career, my partner, my religion, my place of residence, my political affiliation, what I read, or any other significant part of my life as we are clearly marching towards government servitude.

No interest in arguing and not going to respond to any other rants from this kook (already put this dude on ignore), but the drama in his post was too over the top and too amusing not to mock.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 12:40:16 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?