Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118271 times)

coldbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1260 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Black upper with gum soles but then white logo on the side. Worst is Adidas you just look like a German sex tourist.
[close]
Well... Looks like you've just helped me pick out my Spring/Summer '22 look.
Any other styling tips, so I can keep it authentic?
[close]

Short pants, really long white socks(or colored socks with "funny" drawings), a white tanktop and big mirrored sunglasses.
Extra points for a golden necklace.
Double extra points if your head is hairless.

Ya all can read my next styling tips in the Vogue. Cheers pals.

You're clearly much more qualified to review handbags than swan pablo, how do we get you a regular column?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #1261 on: September 13, 2021, 01:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Not a fan of Breeana and don't think she deserves to go pro. The level of women's skating getting fairly high and she just isn't there.
A small percentage of me wants to be wrong and put an amazing part together for the next Chocolate video...

Gary called it on Skateline. Not sure what Girl was thinking with that going pro promo thing?
And yeah, the thrasher cover is an ok photo but the trick is not that amazing but like I said, I'm hoping she proves me wrong with her next video part.
[close]

Quoting myself.

Crailtap did a much better job with this Slice of life part announcing her pro debut than that other weird video.

I expect something good in the fill length.
https://youtu.be/CvpqQtX8H8c

Watching McCrank skate that park was so sick, I love Breanna too. Thanks for posting

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1262 on: September 13, 2021, 02:18:11 PM »
Prefab/ shitty wood diy on a court (like the one from Breana crail Clip thing) are better than 99.9% of skateparks

Co-signed

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1263 on: September 13, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Let the kids do their thing homie. It’s just skateboarding. It’s not that Sirius. Never ever get no second hand cringe. For realS . Just let it be what it is for whoever actually skating. Let it be what is for you and leave it at that. Sometimes people can all be climbing up the same mountain but they never knew that the other homies was also climbing up that mountain on the other side of it. Out of view. just blazing a different path.
[close]

As I respect your existential kumbaya statement friend, my rant was referring to the persons post about "gatekeeping".

You see, when you've been into this long enough, have added your own thing to this culture, affected people on your journey in your own way, then the whole script flips because of tech nerds, you can't but help not sit back and dissect it all. And in a sense, it IS that serious.

Skating in particular has always had a way of giving people a sense of entitlement, ignorant confidence, especially if you are good at doing tricks, way before this social media thing, but you add that fuel to the fire, I don't have to spell it out for you.

It is serious because we are social creatures and are pretty much forced to interact with these same individuals who actually believe in this delusional fake made up world...to a degree.

So yeah...pretty serious. But you are right, in the end, all the same path to death ;)

Some kid tried to argue with me that tictac landing is better than landing clean. what

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1264 on: September 13, 2021, 08:34:00 PM »
Wood is more fun to skate on a box than metal even if it disintegrates
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

newguy

« Reply #1265 on: September 14, 2021, 12:48:01 AM »
Wood is more fun to skate on a box than metal even if it disintegrates

Lost it when I read your sig  ;D

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1266 on: September 14, 2021, 07:14:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Black upper with gum soles but then white logo on the side. Worst is Adidas you just look like a German sex tourist.
[close]
[close]

Short pants, really long white socks(or colored socks with "funny" drawings), a white tanktop and big mirrored sunglasses.

[close]

You're clearly much more qualified to review handbags than swan pablo, how do we get you a regular column?

Handbags...
They have to match your shoes and the smaller the handbag, the better. If you rock a Gucci handbag, you also need Gucci shoes. You can also rock two handbags (same company of course).
Extra points if you wear a headband, that matches your handbag(s).

A regular column would only work on the internet, since the new hot shits change within 2 days.
IG: @flowterspace

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1267 on: September 14, 2021, 10:36:12 AM »
I never developed a dislike of Berra and Koston over recent years.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #1268 on: September 14, 2021, 04:07:33 PM »

And basketball sucks.

You been to an NBA game lately? In my city, it's like going to a really good club. They have a DJ spinning, people get dressed up (but I can still dress like a dirt), there's insane talent shows/competitions going on during breaks, you can chop it up with a good cross section of people, and in between all of that, a game happens. Beer is affordable too.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #1269 on: September 14, 2021, 07:50:27 PM »
Probably less of an unpopular opinion and more of a skate conspiracy but I believe that Jahmir (jahbulbatron or whatever the fuck) is a regular stance skater who taught himself to push mongo regs, and regular switch so people would think he was goofy stance. I legit never seen footage of homie doing certain tricks “regular” but see him bust out “switch” all the fucking time… seems sus

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #1270 on: September 14, 2021, 08:19:36 PM »
Probably less of an unpopular opinion and more of a skate conspiracy but I believe that Jahmir (jahbulbatron or whatever the fuck) is a regular stance skater who taught himself to push mongo regs, and regular switch so people would think he was goofy stance. I legit never seen footage of homie doing certain tricks “regular” but see him bust out “switch” all the fucking time… seems sus

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTQcD4LlQ7W/?utm_medium=copy_link

Looking like a goofy skater here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSaSzkip7b7/?utm_medium=copy_link

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1271 on: September 14, 2021, 08:32:19 PM »
Every indie video should have somebody in skinnies and somebody in baggy cargos
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1272 on: September 14, 2021, 08:56:47 PM »

Spoken like someone with no switch game

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1273 on: September 15, 2021, 03:49:48 AM »
Where are we on DC needing to shut the fuck up about 1996? I'm ready for them to

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1274 on: September 15, 2021, 01:10:51 PM »
90% of board graphics in the setup thread are random, incoherent piss poor excuses for "art" and I could shit some melted crayons on a deck and it would look better

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1275 on: September 15, 2021, 01:30:55 PM »
90% of board graphics in the setup thread are random, incoherent piss poor excuses for "art" and I could shit some melted crayons on a deck and it would look better
Could you really, though?!?
Sounds painful, but if you're able, you are a true talent & there's a bright future in store for you, mon artiste.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #1276 on: September 15, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Could you really, though?!?
Sounds painful, but if you're able, you are a true talent & there's a bright future in store for you, mon artiste.

But how tho? Do you eat the crayons and digest them or do you just shelve them? and when does the melting occur?
But jokes aside (pardon the pun)I'm also not really a fan  all this newer childish art

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1277 on: September 15, 2021, 01:39:41 PM »

Sup dill

nothing's been the since same

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #1278 on: September 15, 2021, 01:50:37 PM »
oh man this thread reminded me about that other thread a while back with the, i think, aussie? sex tourist who was trying to get sk9ing banned in like melbourne or something

did he get vibed off the internet or what

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #1279 on: September 15, 2021, 01:53:05 PM »
oh man this thread reminded me about that other thread a while back with the, i think, aussie? sex tourist who was trying to get sk9ing banned in like melbourne or something

did he get vibed off the internet or what

Oh yeah ha

I'd love to read that again
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

stillcantreflip

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1280 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this was legit my secret master plan to go pro when I was like 12. glad to see someone make it happen

Brguy

« Reply #1281 on: September 15, 2021, 10:50:12 PM »
Don't know him, but I know a guy who legit has weird stances, he is definitely goofy riding around bowls and street, but then he has a pretty specific bag of tricks, regular tre flips all the time, got bigspins and bs flips sometimes, nollie bs flip and sw fs flip, he can't really ollie too well regular but can do them nicely switch, sw kickflips too, he could switch crooks and sw 180 to regular 5-0s.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1282 on: September 15, 2021, 10:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Always these pants, of course combined with a checkered shirt or in stripes

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1283 on: September 16, 2021, 02:47:42 AM »
those Copenhagen, dime glory challenge type events are gross and annoying, i know being mindless and partying while skateboarding is probably fun, i just don't need to see it, especially the types that are there now with the jockification of skateboarding.

and these new kids that try to look like they don't "try" are super fucking obnoxious ie: heitor.

newguy

« Reply #1284 on: September 16, 2021, 05:34:15 AM »
those Copenhagen, dime glory challenge type events are gross and annoying, i know being mindless and partying while skateboarding is probably fun, i just don't need to see it, especially the types that are there now with the jockification of skateboarding.

and these new kids that try to look like they don't "try" are super fucking obnoxious ie: heitor.

Some genuinely unpopular opinions for once. Also, fuck you, heitor shreds

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1285 on: September 16, 2021, 08:17:33 AM »

you must be fun at parties
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

ghanna3

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1286 on: September 16, 2021, 08:44:05 AM »

Check out all these loser jocks. Also congratulations on winning the unpopular opinion thread
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/09/15/best-copenhagen-open-2021/

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #1287 on: September 16, 2021, 08:46:24 AM »
skateboarding does not make you cool or special, you are no better and no more unique than a tennis player

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1288 on: September 16, 2021, 08:48:53 AM »
skateboarding does not make you cool or special, you are no better and no more unique than a tennis player
Spoken like a true tennis player.  8)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

newguy

« Reply #1289 on: September 16, 2021, 10:22:29 AM »

Is this supposed to be a burn or something, tennis is awesome