Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118465 times)

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1230 on: September 11, 2021, 04:01:44 PM »
The baggy clothes/fat shoes 90s revivalist shit i.e. Tiago Lemos,Shanahan is the lamest shit ever. Great skaters but boy that shit is corny as fuck
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1231 on: September 11, 2021, 04:02:28 PM »
The baggy clothes/fat shoes 90s revivalist shit i.e. Tiago Lemos,Shanahan is the lamest shit ever. Great skaters but boy that shit is corny as fuck.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1232 on: September 11, 2021, 04:03:19 PM »
The baggy clothes/fat shoes 90s revivalist shit i.e. Tiago Lemos,Shanahan is the lamest shit ever. Great skaters but boy that shit is corny as fuck.

And basketball sucks.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1233 on: September 11, 2021, 04:04:07 PM »

And basketball sucks.

newguy

« Reply #1234 on: September 11, 2021, 04:50:39 PM »
Alexis Lacroix copycats, please, stop.

chrisskates808

« Reply #1235 on: September 11, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »
A properly slid 360 shuv where the wheels stay on the pavement is steezier than a popped one.

I thought I would be the only one thinking that.

kilgoret

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1236 on: September 11, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
this has always been the case but more so now with the difficulty level being so high. most if not all really good consistent skaters are boring.

chrisskates808

« Reply #1237 on: September 11, 2021, 08:14:54 PM »
this has always been the case but more so now with the difficulty level being so high. most if not all really good consistent skaters are boring.

Definitely have to emphasize the last sentence. In my opinion, I would rather have less trick with a really good style than with many trick selections with a sloppy style

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1238 on: September 11, 2021, 08:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely have to emphasize the last sentence. In my opinion, I would rather have less trick with a really good style than with many trick selections with a sloppy style

i think that is the main difference for these days, most consistent really good skaters aren't necessarily "sloppy", they're just too good and bland. at least for me, i like to see character, human shit, relatability in skateboarding. probably because i suck..haha. but you know what i mean.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1239 on: September 11, 2021, 08:51:28 PM »
Seriously how good is midler I love him
Saw some edit drunk on Instagram and he fiftied the Nyjah 5-0 rail
Had this drunk epiphany where I realised he skates just like x pro we all love but I can’t remember now
That’s wack he tried to get money for his birthday party but I like his skating, bloke loves his bangers
listen to cosmic psychos

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #1240 on: September 11, 2021, 10:42:46 PM »
Seriously how good is midler I love him
Saw some edit drunk on Instagram and he fiftied the Nyjah 5-0 rail
Had this drunk epiphany where I realised he skates just like x pro we all love but I can’t remember now
That’s wack he tried to get money for his birthday party but I like his skating, bloke loves his bangers

I'm on one and i respect your live of thinking

chrisskates808

« Reply #1241 on: September 11, 2021, 10:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i think that is the main difference for these days, most consistent really good skaters aren't necessarily "sloppy", they're just too good and bland. at least for me, i like to see character, human shit, relatability in skateboarding. probably because i suck..haha. but you know what i mean.

I totally see where you are coming from. But yeah some good skaters are just too boring

sk8n hugon

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1242 on: September 12, 2021, 09:36:10 PM »
Griptape art is corny as fuck and very rarely is good looking

Rarely looks good: correct. Corny: I don’t think so.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1243 on: September 13, 2021, 04:09:39 AM »
Black gum with white logo shoes look awful. Fat sus euro on holiday in Asia steez.

Prefab/ shitty wood diy on a court (like the one from Breana crail Clip thing) are better than 99.9% of skateparks

newguy

« Reply #1244 on: September 13, 2021, 04:43:45 AM »
Black gum with white logo shoes look awful. Fat sus euro on holiday in Asia steez.

Prefab/ shitty wood diy on a court (like the one from Breana crail Clip thing) are better than 99.9% of skateparks

Can you clarify black gum with white logo shoes. Something like the Tyson Sk8-hi?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1245 on: September 13, 2021, 04:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can you clarify black gum with white logo shoes. Something like the Tyson Sk8-hi?

Black upper with gum soles but then white logo on the side. Worst is Adidas you just look like a German sex tourist. Seems to be most popular busentiz colorway but they've done black upper with gum soles and coloured stripes plenty of times and it always looks much better

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #1246 on: September 13, 2021, 05:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Black upper with gum soles but then white logo on the side. Worst is Adidas you just look like a German sex tourist. Seems to be most popular busentiz colorway but they've done black upper with gum soles and coloured stripes plenty of times and it always looks much better

Lol... Ok
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

newguy

« Reply #1247 on: September 13, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lost it with « German sex tourist » lmfao, and yes I totally agree hahaha.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #1248 on: September 13, 2021, 08:11:45 AM »

And basketball sucks.
fuck you

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #1249 on: September 13, 2021, 08:23:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Entire 2000s Lakai team on German sex tourism confirmed.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1250 on: September 13, 2021, 08:38:12 AM »
Expand Quote

And basketball sucks.
[close]
fuck you
I back this completely and add a double middle fingers.
Dueces Bitch's

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1251 on: September 13, 2021, 09:01:01 AM »

And basketball sucks.

This dude got no jumper

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1252 on: September 13, 2021, 09:44:19 AM »
Nike, Cons, Adidas and Vans are at least part to blame for Cariuma's success.

These brands have either, stopped opening accounts, closed accounts, or screwed over accounts.

Footwear sales are super important to skate shops and shops are now being "forced" to carry what ever brands will open them.

Cariuma has definitely done a better job at marketing to today's skate consumer that Etnies, Es, Emerica, State, DC, or Lakia and thus I understand shops wanting to carry the brand.
I need a coffee

somefucker

« Reply #1253 on: September 13, 2021, 09:52:53 AM »

These brands have either, stopped opening accounts, closed accounts, or screwed over accounts.

Footwear sales are super important to skate shops and shops are now being "forced" to carry what ever brands will open them.

Cariuma has definitely done a better job at marketing to today's skate consumer that Etnies, Es, Emerica, State, DC, or Lakia and thus I understand shops wanting to carry the brand.

Dan Snorrigan is that you?

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1254 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dan Snorrigan is that you?

Snorrigan sounds like a Pokemon and for all I know is a Pokemon.

PS. This is in no way a defense of Cariuma, I think that shit is trash.
I need a coffee

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1255 on: September 13, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »
Black upper with gum soles but then white logo on the side. Worst is Adidas you just look like a German sex tourist.
Well... Looks like you've just helped me pick out my Spring/Summer '22 look.
Any other styling tips, so I can keep it authentic?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1256 on: September 13, 2021, 12:16:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Black upper with gum soles but then white logo on the side. Worst is Adidas you just look like a German sex tourist.
[close]

Short pants, really long white socks(or colored socks with "funny" drawings), a white tanktop and big mirrored sunglasses.
Extra points for a golden necklace.
Double extra points if your head is hairless.

Ya all can read my next styling tips in the Vogue. Cheers pals.
IG: @flowterspace

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1257 on: September 13, 2021, 12:20:30 PM »

is berriuma in shops? i’m pretty sure they’re all direct to consumer. also wouldn’t etnies, es, etc be equally responsible for doing nothing to market to skate consumers and languishing on shelves in shops

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1258 on: September 13, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Short pants, really long white socks(or colored socks with "funny" drawings), a white tanktop and big mirrored sunglasses.
Extra points for a golden necklace.
Double extra points if your head is hairless.

Ya all can read my next styling tips in the Vogue. Cheers pals.

Very good maybe also an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt
Or go the too long cargo shorts with the too tight soccer jersey look. Probably add a bucket hat and instead of sunscreen just put that white zinc shit on your nose

newguy

« Reply #1259 on: September 13, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know about sex tourists but lots of German around these parts in august, I’ll try helping. So! The basics: some fat wool socks that go half up your legs, old crummy T-shirt with obscure design about your local betting bar or soccer team, or a plain one with faded colours and a V neck (V neck is very important). Uncomfortably short denim shorts or literal swimming shorts, even in a city nowhere near the sea. Fitted hats with big cheap glasses you can buy in any supermarkets. Stripped zip up hoodies, 2 sizes too large/too small. Everything needs to be disjointed, ill fitting and cheap.

Obviously this is a caricature, shalom to German homies.