Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178966 times)

Giza Butler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« on: January 22, 2021, 02:46:07 AM »
I've noticed there isn't an "official thread" for them.

Also, I was wondering if any EuroPALS have any idea if and when we'll be able to get some shoes.

The website is still UK only because of Brexit.

Great shoes tho!
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 02:56:55 AM »
Zzz
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 03:09:58 AM »
I can't wait until I can try some on in person and skate them.

I would love to never need to give another penny to Nike/Adidas/etc.

And, yeah, it's fucked they can't ship to Eu now. It seems some shops have them, but they can't ship directly? I know Nozbone (Paris) has them in stock on their site and WallStreet (Lyon) posted that they have them, but they aren't listed on their site.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 03:12:21 AM »

And, yeah, it's fucked they can't ship to Eu now. It seems some shops have them, but they can't ship directly? I know Nozbone (Paris) has them in stock on their site and WallStreet (Lyon) posted that they have them, but they aren't listed on their site.

Yep, same here. Got a pair of the lows in black from the first drop but they are slightly big and I've been skating hi tops for the past 5/6 years so I don't wanna risk it.

Thanks for the head's up. I'll go check Nozebone.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 04:39:51 AM »

Also, I was wondering if any EuroPALS have any idea if and when we'll be able to get some shoes.

Great shoes tho!

https://www.highrollersdublin.com/footwear-1/last-resort-ab-vm001-lo-blackblack
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 05:06:24 AM »

I back these 100%. I have yet to skate the ones from the 2nd drop, but if the quality is the same these will be my go to shoes. I feel you on not giving the corpos any more $$.

Panettone

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 05:23:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I back these 100%. I have yet to skate the ones from the 2nd drop, but if the quality is the same these will be my go to shoes. I feel you on not giving the corpos any more $$.

Yes! Fuck Nike Fuck Adidas

Nicki

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 06:18:53 AM »

Great shoes tho!

Maybe just post in this one

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108957.450

Or

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=113060.150

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 06:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote

Great shoes tho!
[close]

Maybe just post in this one

Or

they somehow didn't appear on the search, but also I was looking for a more Shoes & Gear related side of it.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 06:56:24 AM »
Most of the sizes are sold out but but there's a few sizes on parade

https://www.paradeworld.com/uk/search/

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 07:18:53 AM »
I've managed to get a pair from a UK shop but I'm afraid I'll have to pay taxes upon arrival and they are going to take 1/2 weeks to arrive.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 07:57:28 AM »

These look good too

Wearing my pair from the first drop now. I think the second drop they made a couple of small changes. Or maybe it is between the low and the high. Foxing looked a touch lower. The laces felt a bit thinner on the new drop, or revised a bit. One criticism is that black suede bled into the white laces a bit. I have black laces in them now and love the look.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 08:16:10 AM »
none of my local shops are getting this so can't try them on. what's the comfort like on these?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 08:40:17 AM »
Consolidating some info from other threads

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Very glad I got these,  the toe box doesn't look as stumpy in bigger sizes, looks a little more balanced.

They feel about a half size bigger than most shoes. I am usually a UK 10.5/EU45 and could have probably fit into 10s.
[close]

So are these essentially just Louies, but with fancier materials? Anyone skated both?
[close]
have both and didn’t even think of this comparison until now. I guess the shape is similar but other than that the build is different in every aspect I’d say. Thickness of foxing, different rubber, heavier suede, the weight of canvas backing the suede to hold shape, midsole, insole, eyelet panel, laces, leather liner. Fit and finish is just more premium, LL feels like a traditional vulc.
[close]

Damn it, now I have to buy some.

Expand Quote
These came in yesterday. Probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on.
[close]
Skate very well too. Ordered 2 new pairs that are coming today as well. Anyone who likes blazers should definitely give these a go.

Escape Hell

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:24 AM »

These look good too

Wearing my pair from the first drop now. I think the second drop they made a couple of small changes. Or maybe it is between the low and the high. Foxing looked a touch lower. The laces felt a bit thinner on the new drop, or revised a bit. One criticism is that black suede bled into the white laces a bit. I have black laces in them now and love the look.
Damn those look sick. Might have to get those as well...

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 10:37:20 AM »
Bumming out so hard because after waiting forever for them I got the highs and felt a tiny bit big like others have mentioned, so i ripped out the glued in insole thinking different insoles would fix it but to no avail...still feel a tad big and im bummed. Haven't worn them at all and tags still on but insole ripped out...

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
Bumming out so hard because after waiting forever for them I got the highs and felt a tiny bit big like others have mentioned, so i ripped out the glued in insole thinking different insoles would fix it but to no avail...still feel a tad big and im bummed. Haven't worn them at all and tags still on but insole ripped out...
what size? Maybe someone here could make it work. Does the stock insole still work, or did you tear/damage when ripping out?

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 10:56:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what size? Maybe someone here could make it work. Does the stock insole still work, or did you tear/damage when ripping out?

Size 9.5, it left some foam glued on the inside of the shoe but would probably go back in fine. Trouble is I'm not sure if the 9 would perhaps be too tight just barely...That was always my problem with Hufs. 9.5 felt a quarter size too big, and 9 felt a quarter size too small so I could never wear hufs.

I, like many others, am insane about the way my shoes fit (gotta be snug) and if it's not quite right all hell breaks loose

Nicki

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Size 9.5, it left some foam glued on the inside of the shoe but would probably go back in fine. Trouble is I'm not sure if the 9 would perhaps be too tight just barely...That was always my problem with Hufs. 9.5 felt a quarter size too big, and 9 felt a quarter size too small so I could never wear hufs.

I, like many others, am insane about the way my shoes fit (gotta be snug) and if it's not quite right all hell breaks loose

Sounds like you should just put on an extra pair of thick socks and wear them in to fit. They bag out like all vulc so they’ll give for sure (alternatively, bust out the shoe stretchers - but wearing them in sounds the best option). Good luck!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 11:42:39 AM »

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 11:52:01 AM »
for those of you that are looking for pairs, black sheep skate shop has a lot in stock.
https://blacksheepskateshop.com/search?type=product&q=last%20resort*

will cop the lows in all black, they look sick

edit: before i buy, anyone got any reviews? impact, wear, flick? thanks

rosemaryBB

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 12:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you end up wanting to sell em I'd cop. I'm a size 10 so they'd probably work for me.

Nicki

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 02:05:20 PM »
for those of you that are looking for pairs, black sheep skate shop has a lot in stock.
https://blacksheepskateshop.com/search?type=product&q=last%20resort*

will cop the lows in all black, they look sick

edit: before i buy, anyone got any reviews? impact, wear, flick? thanks

Or

Last few pages of both.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 04:26:37 PM »
On my second pair now, and am really enjoying them. Don't think I'll be skating anything else for a while. Looks like we'll see some snippets of the 3rd drop soon.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 04:28:50 PM »
On my second pair now, and am really enjoying them. Don't think I'll be skating anything else for a while. Looks like we'll see some snippets of the 3rd drop soon.
saw that on the IG story. Looking forward to what’s coming next. Could be the vegan model I posted above.

Not trying to skate my one pair too much to keep em and use as chillers. But I haven’t taken them off all week

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 06:02:48 PM »
Has Pontus or anyone mentioned different models of shoes in the future? I’m curious if they’ll stick to the kind of vans/cons-esque look or if they’ll branch out. I’d love to support last resort I’m just not feeling their current aesthetic. I like to look from a afar, but not something I’d wear yet

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 10:58:13 PM »
The mids look sick. Aesthetically what i want in an upper. Just need that cupsole.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2021, 04:56:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

If you end up wanting to sell em I'd cop. I'm a size 10 so they'd probably work for me.

I wear a size 10.5 normally but I got a 10 and they fit well

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »
darkslide.cz in Prague has some left
Best shop ever btw
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2021, 08:49:18 AM »
Wanted throw in my opinion.
Wider foot and on my first pair. Went TTS. The length felt nice and they are comfortable, not as much heelock as I’d like but they are well made, just not for wider feet. My arch area melted over and the shoe feels fine but I can see it adding up if I wear them for and extended amount of time.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.