Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524896 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32040 on: January 16, 2021, 10:31:01 AM »
looking a lot better on your feet than i would think seeing just the shoe.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32041 on: January 16, 2021, 12:22:55 PM »

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #32042 on: January 16, 2021, 01:40:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So jealous. These are my grails 😂😂

Honestly same, didn’t think I’d ever get them but I had a friend who was trying to flip them with no bites and I had a pair of shoes he wanted so I convinced him to do a trade and now I have dream dunks

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32043 on: January 17, 2021, 05:46:47 AM »
Those are sick @jerrygurneyscream i tried for them but struck out hard

Cheap Ave pros around the house to break em in. Light and broken-in upper feeling out the box.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:57:22 AM by jay_nev »

rumstove

• Rep: 3
« Reply #32044 on: January 17, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »
Globe Mahalo SG (Mark Appleyard)

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #32045 on: January 17, 2021, 04:00:33 PM »

skated these at the end of summer and retired them before they were too beat to wear.

really like them with the blue laces for chilling.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #32046 on: January 17, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »
Those are sick @jerrygurneyscream i tried for them but struck out hard

Cheap Ave pros around the house to break em in. Light and broken-in upper feeling out the box.

hope you enjoy them, such a good lightweight shoe
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

steakfajita

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32047 on: January 18, 2021, 12:54:23 PM »

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #32048 on: January 18, 2021, 02:58:33 PM »

steakfajita

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32049 on: January 18, 2021, 03:18:31 PM »
Thanks man  ;D

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #32050 on: January 19, 2021, 04:03:38 AM »

Very glad I got these,  the toe box doesn't look as stumpy in bigger sizes, looks a little more balanced.

They feel about a half size bigger than most shoes. I am usually a UK 10.5/EU45 and could have probably fit into 10s.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #32051 on: January 19, 2021, 08:02:52 AM »

Very glad I got these,  the toe box doesn't look as stumpy in bigger sizes, looks a little more balanced.

They feel about a half size bigger than most shoes. I am usually a UK 10.5/EU45 and could have probably fit into 10s.

I bought those as well plus the high top versions and agree with the little extra room in the front of the big toe. I bought 10's my normal size but did try on a 9.5 but felt too tight for me in the pinky toe. But I always prefer extra room in mine, can't wear. Tight shoes, so my tts was perfect.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #32052 on: January 19, 2021, 01:25:08 PM »

Had shoulder surgery back in November and I’ve spent a good part of my time just stockpiling gear. Hyped to finally skate these once I get the green light from my Doc! :)
Edit: Can’t seem to figure out why the picture looks like that but it probably has to do with me being on mobile :/

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #32053 on: January 19, 2021, 06:07:19 PM »

Would you say they are similar to cons sizing? I really wanna grab the navy/black pair but have no where that I could try them on

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #32054 on: January 19, 2021, 11:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I bought those as well plus the high top versions and agree with the little extra room in the front of the big toe. I bought 10's my normal size but did try on a 9.5 but felt too tight for me in the pinky toe. But I always prefer extra room in mine, can't wear. Tight shoes, so my tts was perfect.

I´m trying my best to tell myself that I don´t need them at the moment haha. I wouldn´t skate them anyway because I only do cupsoles these days, but that leather inner just looks so comfy.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #32055 on: January 20, 2021, 07:52:46 AM »

So are these essentially just Louies, but with fancier materials? Anyone skated both?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32056 on: January 20, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So are these essentially just Louies, but with fancier materials? Anyone skated both?
have both and didn’t even think of this comparison until now. I guess the shape is similar but other than that the build is different in every aspect I’d say. Thickness of foxing, different rubber, heavier suede, the weight of canvas backing the suede to hold shape, midsole, insole, eyelet panel, laces, leather liner. Fit and finish is just more premium, LL feels like a traditional vulc.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #32057 on: January 20, 2021, 10:07:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
have both and didn’t even think of this comparison until now. I guess the shape is similar but other than that the build is different in every aspect I’d say. Thickness of foxing, different rubber, heavier suede, the weight of canvas backing the suede to hold shape, midsole, insole, eyelet panel, laces, leather liner. Fit and finish is just more premium, LL feels like a traditional vulc.

Damn it, now I have to buy some.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32058 on: January 20, 2021, 10:33:44 AM »
Idk if I'm sucking more than usual or is that Kwalks 2 are mobing my kickflips... Anybody can relate?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 26
« Reply #32059 on: January 20, 2021, 11:35:08 AM »
Idk if I'm sucking more than usual or is that Kwalks 2 are mobing my kickflips... Anybody can relate?

your problem is that when you look down at your feet to kickflip you're looking at the kyle walker pro 2

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32060 on: January 20, 2021, 11:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

your problem is that when you look down at your feet to kickflip you're looking at the kyle walker pro 2
Interesting...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #32061 on: January 20, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Interesting...

lol, Personally vans having a lot of rubber on the toe has given me mob flips before.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32062 on: January 20, 2021, 12:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn it, now I have to buy some.
hah do it! I have same size in both can send you some shots to compare if you want. DM me

overwaxed

• Rep: 83
« Reply #32063 on: January 20, 2021, 12:53:45 PM »

Vans Sk8 Lows - love them, still breaking them in. Also in shot - house slippers, a glimpse of NB 990v5 (best chill shoes), my wife's sparkly Doc's, Hudson Dress Shoes, and Reebok Revenge's (might skate those too)

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #32064 on: January 20, 2021, 03:31:46 PM »

Just got these Gamma's and they feel pretty good out of the box. I like that the upper is fairly low profile. Looking forward to skating these!

I really REALLY hope they do more leather colorways of this shoe, the profile of this shoe just looks so much better in leather than suede. Also because this shoe looks good with leather and there aren't a lot of leather shoes coming from emerica at the moment

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #32065 on: January 20, 2021, 03:36:38 PM »
lookin orthopedic

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #32066 on: January 20, 2021, 05:23:56 PM »

Just got these Gamma's and they feel pretty good out of the box. I like that the upper is fairly low profile. Looking forward to skating these!

I really REALLY hope they do more leather colorways of this shoe, the profile of this shoe just looks so much better in leather than suede. Also because this shoe looks good with leather and there aren't a lot of leather shoes coming from emerica at the moment

I want to like these but I feel like sidewall will get obliterated

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32067 on: January 20, 2021, 10:04:28 PM »

That's best looking Emerica shoe i've seen in a while

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #32068 on: January 20, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
^ Those and the Black/Gum Gammas went live either today or over the past couple days on the Emerica site (USA). Should be in some shops already, I hope!
Super Champion Fun Zone

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #32069 on: January 21, 2021, 09:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote

Vans Sk8 Lows - love them, still breaking them in. Also in shot - house slippers, a glimpse of NB 990v5 (best chill shoes), my wife's sparkly Doc's, Hudson Dress Shoes, and Reebok Revenge's (might skate those too)
[close]

The classic version looked and felt pretty good when I tried them on, but will hold off to see if they go on sale or at least check the feel of the pro vs the classic.

Are they the pro versions - just look like it from the toe?

I have both classics and pros. First I got the pros and I was unhappy with how tight they were in the toebox and how high your heel/arch sits on the popcush insole. So I stretched em out with the good old shoe stretcher and changed the insole to some OrthoLites out of some Converse and now they are prefect.  Still a wee snug (perfect for skating) but comfortable enough to wear all day at work. 

Then I ordered the classics and right from the start they were extremely comfortable. I have been choosing them over the pros quite frequently. 

Just ordered another pair of black/white Sk8 low pros from Familia since they were on sale for 38$ shipped.  Shout out to all my captains in the Sale Gear Thread.