Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188357 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2021, 07:08:29 AM »
It'd be sick if they made a vm003 that was a low profile cupsole. I love the vulcs but my feet are getting old...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2021, 07:18:57 AM »
What does the VM stand for?

On my second pair and have a third on ice, don’t see myself skating anything else for the foreseeable future.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2021, 08:27:13 AM »
What does the VM stand for?

On my second pair and have a third on ice, don’t see myself skating anything else for the foreseeable future.

Maybe it stands for Vulc Model?  ;D I really love my canvas lows. Definitely will buy a pair again.

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #393 on: August 23, 2021, 08:06:52 AM »
It'd be sick if they made a vm003 that was a low profile cupsole. I love the vulcs but my feet are getting old...

Perhaps same shoe just different toe piece again like a samba T minimal toecap and maybe textured vulc again
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #394 on: August 23, 2021, 08:18:11 AM »

"Drop 5:
The latest addition to the LR family comes with the VM003-Canvas. A lightweight Canvas model with canvas upper, canvas lining, metal eyelets and rubber reinforcements."

From the pictures I've seen on pontus' story and the ones from the catalogue they've got an almost blazer like upper but with what looks like a nicer toebox in my opinion, I love how their canvas shoes skate so these ones are a winner in my books.

smoothbrain

« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2021, 01:45:08 AM »
Here's a screenshot of pontus' story from today sorry it's so large

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2021, 04:26:12 AM »

It`s cool you can decide if you want to lace them from the first holes or begin with the second ones

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2021, 06:52:03 AM »
If they ever do a slip on I'm sold. I just know I'd ruin the laces so fast otherwise

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2021, 07:21:30 AM »
If they ever do a slip on I'm sold. I just know I'd ruin the laces so fast otherwise
laces sit up high so they don’t even get touched!
Turning 43 soon so don’t know if I can do vulcs outside of a little cruise out in the driveway, but if they ever do a cupsole I’ll gladly give them lots of $$$.
Took my canvas lows out on Sunday actually for a massive skate and while they rule, my body was fucking dying the next day … oh and I’m not hard on shoes but the soles bald quite quickly!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shiro417gunpla

« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2021, 08:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It`s cool you can decide if you want to lace them from the first holes or begin with the second ones

Looks like there the vm001 with metal eyelets? Ludvig just posted a story with closeups

smoothbrain

« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2021, 08:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Looks like there the vm001 with metal eyelets? Ludvig just posted a story with closeups

It's a different toebox on the VM003 compared to the 01 if you look at the picture you can see its similar to the blazer/stan smith style construction wheras the 01 is a pointier toe
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:46:29 AM by smoothbrain »

gabbesucks

« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »

smoothbrain

gabbesucks

« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »
Oh didn't notice thanks

gabbesucks

« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2021, 09:45:59 AM »
Anyone have any footage of people skating the all black suede highs?

seb

• Rep: 43
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »
Anyone have any footage of people skating the all black suede highs?

Staggerd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #406 on: September 03, 2021, 08:12:00 PM »
Any word on how the hi’s compare to CTAS hi’s?Tried searching but didn’t come across anything.
I didn't skate either, but recently tried both out at my local for fit.

The CTAS Hi was .5 to maybe 1 size too big at my typical size. I really liked how comfortable the insole was, and it fit my wide feet really well.  I knew how low the bottom eyelets were was going to shred my laces though.

The LRAB Hi had a little bit of heel slip, maybe I could have gone a .5 size down to make up for it but I have shitty wide feet so my toes would have been crushed. The glued-in insole didn't feel as horrible as I thought it might, and was pretty comfortable for walking around.

So as far as fit is concerned, the CTAS hi at .5 size smaller than my typical size fit my feet slightly better than the LRAB hi at my usual size. Heel slip bothered me from walking around, but both were comfortable and felt like they would skate well.

Obviously, I have no insight into how the flick or impact protection was for me, so take all of the above with a grain of salt. The LRAB's felt like they would be more durable; the CTAS felt much thinner.

So there's that for what it's worth.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #407 on: September 04, 2021, 12:12:14 AM »
I would love to try some and support Pontvs but as it was already said by many I'm kinda "scared" about vulcs. Also I've seen that many people ties them super tight which is also a thumbs down for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

smoothbrain

« Reply #408 on: September 04, 2021, 01:53:53 AM »
I would love to try some and support Pontvs but as it was already said by many I'm kinda "scared" about vulcs. Also I've seen that many people ties them super tight which is also a thumbs down for me.

If you can get down to a shop that has them try on the vm002 it's definitely the one i prefer skating in, the high foxing looks a bit funky on the shelf but on foot you don't notice it and because of its height you save hitting the upper on the shoe too quickly. There isn't much 'support' in either models, if thats what you are worried about get an aftermarket insole and stick it in there, I love what he has made with these shoes and I really don't see myself skating anything else now.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #409 on: September 04, 2021, 04:07:46 AM »

I'm a cup guy too, but recently I skated the vm001's and loved them. What I did was throw some cons insoles in over top of the stock ones. This wouldn't work if I went a half size down, and if you do (which many recommend), you should carefully remove the glued in insole and replace it. To me, that much boardfeel isnt worth it without any kind of support.

Running the shoes with two insoles did feel funny at first, but as the shoes broke in I could still reap the benefits of the boardfeel these have to offer.

Also, I still haven't gone through the sole yet and I've put these through the ringer... cross country road trip with a lil hiking and a solid month of skating, and though the area under my big toe is worn down smooth on both shoes, the grip remains.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #410 on: September 04, 2021, 08:10:27 AM »
I’m a cup guy, ripped the insole out (just get your fingers under there, the rest is easy) and stuck a state insole in there, tts works like a charm! If you’re old though, probably wouldn’t  recommend for hardcore session. Fun/ low impact  cruise at your local and you’ll be having a blast!!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 03:15:55 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #411 on: September 04, 2021, 02:49:24 PM »
Damn guys, apparently you got me.
I'll go on Monday to my beloved local, they have the 001 and 002
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #412 on: September 05, 2021, 06:13:15 AM »
I wanna try these but I'm not gonna til my local gets them or until I go to a shop that has them in stock. I wanna try them on first.

Shiro417gunpla

« Reply #413 on: September 06, 2021, 05:38:30 AM »
Last resorts story's shows the vm003 in canvas toe looks so cool

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #414 on: September 06, 2021, 12:31:46 PM »
Got mine today
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #415 on: September 08, 2021, 04:44:38 AM »
man those are hot

Druid

« Reply #416 on: September 08, 2021, 04:51:03 AM »
I  got these up for sale if anyone is interested. Cheap and still great condition. Minor wear marks and never skated. Good description on the sizing. Sorry for the spam  :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304113821766?hash=item46ce98a846:g:MS0AAOSwyvBhESHo

Banging in the Slammer

« Reply #417 on: September 08, 2021, 11:14:45 AM »
Great shoes, I bought the canvas lo’s. I’ve finally wore a hole threw the sole. I wish they’d make a version with a slightly wider toe box, but perhaps that’s being overly picky. I love the board feel and how they feel instantly broken in.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #418 on: September 08, 2021, 12:04:43 PM »
man those are hot
I feel hot as well wearing them  ;D
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2021, 07:42:16 AM »
is general consensus to go 1/2 size down in the suedes but stay tts for canvas? i had suede highs in half size down and loved them and want to try some canvas highs now