Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188362 times)

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #450 on: November 18, 2021, 03:33:58 AM »
LRAB have been my absolute favorite shoes so far. My only gripe is that leather piece on the insoles heel because the edge presses my sole. I've had to replace those insoles everytime.

IpathCats

« Reply #451 on: November 18, 2021, 05:54:03 AM »
I dont understand how anyone  other than vert skaters could ride these shoes. They are just too thin for my ankles and knees to handle. I dig the message, and use of quality materials, i just can't get down with the product. hopefully they release a simple high/midtop cup at somepoint. If LARB had a dunk/J1 replacement i would be in heaven. (with more traditional sizing/fit than their vulcs)

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #452 on: November 18, 2021, 06:42:48 AM »
Vulcs and cupsoles use completely different manufacturing processes and equipment. I would be shocked if they release a cupsole any time soon.

I skate street, mostly flat, curbs, and ledges so no big drops, and I love these shoes. But before this CTAS high were my favorite so maybe I just like skating in floppy slippers.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #453 on: November 18, 2021, 07:09:19 AM »
If they do drop some cupsoles, I’ll happily support them and them only for the foreseeable future…
Having said that, epic shit has been done on multiple terrain in vans old skools (the non pro ones) so these shouldn’t be any different if you’re not old (like me).

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

IpathCats

« Reply #454 on: November 18, 2021, 07:17:24 AM »
Vulcs and cupsoles use completely different manufacturing processes and equipment. I would be shocked if they release a cupsole any time soon.

I skate street, mostly flat, curbs, and ledges so no big drops, and I love these shoes. But before this CTAS high were my favorite so maybe I just like skating in floppy slippers.

Yea i'm not holding my breath for one, was just sharing my thoughts.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #455 on: November 18, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »

Yep, I skate ledges, curbs, and transition only. No drops out in the streets above waist high since my knees can't handle them regardless of what's on my feet. I just throw a nice insole in them and they suit my needs just fine. The flick is unbeatable and boardfeel is up there with the best.

@smoothbrain thanks for the link, I can't wait to buy a pair of these when they drop.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #456 on: November 18, 2021, 03:15:43 PM »
I kept my insoles in, but I also put some of those really thin shitty Es' insoles on top and they feel great! I'm definitely going to keep running them like this.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2021, 05:52:20 PM »
For everyone doubting these, I’d suggest giving them a try for yourself.  They’re pretty easy to find on sale.  I skated my first pair with a broken toe, and they offered plenty of support for me.  Didn’t feel the toe pain anymore, and felt broken In from the first session.  Lasted about a month and a half.  The feel like a much higher quality, luxury Vans.  Well worth the money imo.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #458 on: November 19, 2021, 12:59:24 AM »
For everyone doubting these, I’d suggest giving them a try for yourself.  They’re pretty easy to find on sale.  I skated my first pair with a broken toe, and they offered plenty of support for me.  Didn’t feel the toe pain anymore, and felt broken In from the first session.  Lasted about a month and a half.  The feel like a much higher quality, luxury Vans.  Well worth the money imo.

I agree, they do feel like a much more premium Vans shoe. They do also give me Cons Ctas pro feels too, but with much less blowout.

leanhead

• Rep: 3
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2021, 06:31:18 PM »
just grabbed these in an 11, too cheap to pass up https://laborskateshop.com/collections/cyber-shoes/products/vm001-canvas-low-true-blue-white?variant=39399866531942

ive really only skated in adidas sz 11 for the past few years so fingers crossed they fit

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2021, 06:57:43 PM »
just grabbed these in an 11, too cheap to pass up https://laborskateshop.com/collections/cyber-shoes/products/vm001-canvas-low-true-blue-white?variant=39399866531942

ive really only skated in adidas sz 11 for the past few years so fingers crossed they fit
they fit tts for me, might need to swap out the insole depending on your foot shape/ size though.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep, I skate ledges, curbs, and transition only. No drops out in the streets above waist high since my knees can't handle them regardless of what's on my feet. I just throw a nice insole in them and they suit my needs just fine. The flick is unbeatable and boardfeel is up there with the best.

@smoothbrain thanks for the link, I can't wait to buy a pair of these when they drop.

same here, I've been skating mine for almost 2 months and they work perfectly even if they are pretty much done.

Gonna try the canvas next.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #462 on: December 07, 2021, 05:25:39 AM »
Still waiting on the new drop/ drip…

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #463 on: December 07, 2021, 06:08:11 AM »

I'm guessing theres shipping problems, the 5th drop was meant to be a while back so I reckon they will put 5/6 together in late December / early January I've snagged myself like 4 pairs for cost, both my canvas highs are on their way out but the vm002 is still going strong I love that model so much can't imagine skating another brand now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #464 on: December 08, 2021, 12:56:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm guessing theres shipping problems, the 5th drop was meant to be a while back so I reckon they will put 5/6 together in late December / early January I've snagged myself like 4 pairs for cost, both my canvas highs are on their way out but the vm002 is still going strong I love that model so much can't imagine skating another brand now.
just got a message from a local Japanese shop who has a great relationship with them and he said the 5th drop will arrive either tomorrow or on Friday. Japan gets them quicker than the rest of the world if we go from previous schedules though  …

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #465 on: December 08, 2021, 01:53:29 AM »
*Don’t feel like reading the entire thread

Has there been any mention of a cupsole?

Bror

« Reply #466 on: December 08, 2021, 02:25:21 AM »
*Don’t feel like reading the entire thread

Has there been any mention of a cupsole?

Nope, not likely. I can recommend some footprint gamechangers insoles if you want to try them and feel like they need some extra Cush.

My knees feels so good since i got them, cant believe how much of a diffrence it made. At 50€ its a bargin compared to reg custom insoles which is like 100-200€

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #467 on: December 08, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »
been wearing these for about a month now, i was suprised when i first tried them on that my foot fit comfortably in them because ive generally struggled to find shoes that fit my wide feet. with the stock insoles and breaking them in, they fit great. my gripe with them is that there is no insole ive found that fits in them without decimating the toe space and making them super uncomfy. i took the stock ones out and tried lots of different ones but just not gonna happen.
Because of how thin the sole is, ive already started to wear out the ball of my foot which is quick even for me, someone who only has to get rid of shoes because i wear the ball out.

I wish that for 85 bucks they lasted at least two months without getting uncomfortable, especially because I had a pair of vans sports that looked very similar and lasted closer to 6 with being able to put an insole in. Love pontus and all the stuff he does but I do wish these were a bit bigger in the sole and wider, because i don't think it would affect the look or aesthetic of the shoe.

Bror

« Reply #468 on: December 08, 2021, 11:06:28 AM »
been wearing these for about a month now, i was suprised when i first tried them on that my foot fit comfortably in them because ive generally struggled to find shoes that fit my wide feet. with the stock insoles and breaking them in, they fit great. my gripe with them is that there is no insole ive found that fits in them without decimating the toe space and making them super uncomfy. i took the stock ones out and tried lots of different ones but just not gonna happen.
Because of how thin the sole is, ive already started to wear out the ball of my foot which is quick even for me, someone who only has to get rid of shoes because i wear the ball out.

I wish that for 85 bucks they lasted at least two months without getting uncomfortable, especially because I had a pair of vans sports that looked very similar and lasted closer to 6 with being able to put an insole in. Love pontus and all the stuff he does but I do wish these were a bit bigger in the sole and wider, because i don't think it would affect the look or aesthetic of the shoe.

I just put my footprint gamechangers over the original insoles and they fit nicely. Didnt even have to cut the edges of the footprints.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: December 09, 2021, 06:23:15 AM »

I've ended up using their insole and even if it feels too thin, it's actually pretty sturdy (not a gap jumper tho)
and I've experienced the same problem with the ball of the foot, but I cannot rip a hole in them after almost 3 months.

My idea is that they are still new, so I don't have much comparison than with other brands, but if you let them be, they might actually work. Or at least you'd knew if they are garbage. Either way, just test them.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #470 on: December 11, 2021, 03:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
just got a message from a local Japanese shop who has a great relationship with them and he said the 5th drop will arrive either tomorrow or on Friday. Japan gets them quicker than the rest of the world if we go from previous schedules though  …
Did this happen?  Haven't seen anything posted on the LRAB or Sami instagram accounts...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: December 12, 2021, 05:25:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Did this happen?  Haven't seen anything posted on the LRAB or Sami instagram accounts...
no, apparently they were supposed to arrive yesterday but haven’t seen the in question guy post anything yet…

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #472 on: December 12, 2021, 11:00:23 PM »
Are there any differences between the VM001 and the VM002?

I’m mainly concerned with width. I have wide feet. I could never wear Cons because they’re so narrow.

Is one wider than the other? Or is the only difference that extra panel on the toe on the VM002?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2021, 05:50:27 AM »
I want to like them, but I've tried in several pairs and they’re all loose in the heel for me.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #474 on: December 13, 2021, 06:58:38 AM »

I’m mainly concerned with width. I have wide feet. I could never wear Cons because they’re so narrow.

Is one wider than the other? Or is the only difference that extra panel on the toe on the VM002?

I also have wide feet and they both have worked for me. I think the VM002 is slightly wider, maybe because of the shape of the toecap?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #475 on: December 13, 2021, 11:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just put my footprint gamechangers over the original insoles and they fit nicely. Didnt even have to cut the edges of the footprints.

I rolled my ankle reading this
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #476 on: December 13, 2021, 01:14:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I rolled my ankle reading this

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #477 on: December 15, 2021, 06:51:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I also have wide feet and they both have worked for me. I think the VM002 is slightly wider, maybe because of the shape of the toecap?

Thanks for the feedback! Finding shoes is tough.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: December 15, 2021, 06:07:33 PM »
I want to like them, but I've tried in several pairs and they’re all loose in the heel for me.
not sure if this is true only with the canvas ones, but they seem to conform to your foot and tighten up a bit from when you first put them on; almost the opposite of bagging out of that makes sense? You’ve gotta change the insole though, that made the biggest difference for me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 06:17:40 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #479 on: December 15, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the feedback! Finding shoes is tough.

I'm aware it's a Last Resort thread but I have wide-ass feet too. Skate shoes brands haven't really adopted the whole wide toe box thing yet but I fit really well in the chunky cupsole skate shoes like OG Accels, Globe shoes, and DVS too. I'm sticking with them until I find a vulc with a proper toe box. Just my 2 cents, hope that helps.

Me and everyone's mother wanna see an LR cupsole. That would be dope but sadly nothing seems to be in the pipeline yet.