Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188376 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #930 on: July 02, 2022, 07:13:51 PM »
ladies love LARB
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Knee Pain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #931 on: July 03, 2022, 06:21:33 AM »
wearing us11 in nike blazer gt low.
had to go down to 10.5 in vm001

These are so good, it’s a struggle not to buy a pair in each colour.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #932 on: July 03, 2022, 07:06:16 AM »
Expand Quote
wearing us11 in nike blazer gt low.
had to go down to 10.5 in vm001
[close]

These are so good, it’s a struggle not to buy a pair in each colour.

I have more pairs than I care to admit….

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #933 on: July 03, 2022, 04:04:33 PM »

oldfart

• Rep: 24
« Reply #934 on: July 04, 2022, 04:41:04 AM »
Expand Quote
ladies love LARB
[close]
already ordered an additional pair. all black...  ;D

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #935 on: July 04, 2022, 06:17:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ladies love LARB
[close]
[close]
already ordered an additional pair. all black...  ;D

Solid choice!

ProfessorJSS

• Rep: -6
« Reply #936 on: July 04, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »
Grabbed my first pair of LRAB to try finally.
I got the canvas VM003 Dancer collabs.
Had to go a half size down for perfect fit.
Initial thoughts are that they are inferior to the
Cons CTAS Pro in almost every way; less padding,
less cushion, less reinforcement, thinner canvas,
and weaker construction. The laces are better than Cons
but certainly nothing to justify the higher price. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #937 on: July 05, 2022, 06:23:30 AM »
I've had both and I'd have to disagree on some aspects. Cons felt good at the beginning and blow up into giant bags once worn in. LR keeps its shape and the sole remains grippy and doesn't get floppy. Cons does have the superior insole tho.

For what its worth, the vm003 in canvas is supposed to be their most unstructured, minimal shoe. That being said, the sole should still have the same properties. I have the regular vm003 in canvas for chilling but have skated the vm001 suede in high and low.

Edit: you are probably referring to the ctas pro low in canvas, which I do not have any experience with. In that case, I can see that it is the superior model to vm003 canvas.

ProfessorJSS

• Rep: -6
« Reply #938 on: July 05, 2022, 08:59:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've had both and I'd have to disagree on some aspects. Cons felt good at the beginning and blow up into giant bags once worn in. LR keeps its shape and the sole remains grippy and doesn't get floppy. Cons does have the superior insole tho.

For what its worth, the vm003 in canvas is supposed to be their most unstructured, minimal shoe. That being said, the sole should still have the same properties. I have the regular vm003 in canvas for chilling but have skated the vm001 suede in high and low.

Edit: you are probably referring to the ctas pro low in canvas, which I do not have any experience with. In that case, I can see that it is the superior model to vm003 canvas.

Funnily enough I'm actually on my second pair of the CTAS Pro Mids.
From conversations at the skate shop alone when I was buying them I realize
the mid profile is somewhat controversial or disliked haha
But they are definitely the most durable, padded and cushioned Chucks I've ever had.
Like fully reinforced with a puffy faux suede all along the inside and tongue.

I still really like how the Dancer LRABs look. I might just reserve them to wear on non-skate occasions.

newguy

« Reply #939 on: July 06, 2022, 04:55:57 AM »
borrowed a pair from a friend today, never skate lows normally but dang I might actually skate in lows after that session, great shoes. It’s also nice to have a skate brand making simple looking shoes that can go with anything

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #940 on: July 06, 2022, 07:34:31 AM »
Canvas LRABs actually feel a bit floppy/ bagged out in the beginning but actually form to your foot once broken in if that’s any consolation?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #941 on: July 06, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »
skating the suede vm001s for the first time, was pricy here in canada compared to other options (like the state pacificas i was previously skating) but wanted to try them with the good reviews out there and the fact they are everything i look for in a skate shoe: simple, durable, and available in black with white rubber. I use custom prescribed orthotic insoles so was worried about reports of the stock insoles being hard to remove but it was super easy. my insoles make shoes fit tight so the fact they fit big was perfect.

gotta say now that they are broken in they skate like a dream. board feels great, the flick on kickflips might be the best feeling flick ive ever had, and after 10 ish hours of skating theres barely any wear. at this rate i might be a full convert and only skate these for years to come.

they are mid tier for comfort walking around town but thats not a huge deal, and i bike most places anyways.

my two cents, good shoes, early in but definitely worth the price premium. alv is a mad genius.       

newguy

« Reply #942 on: July 07, 2022, 04:25:36 AM »
skating the suede vm001s for the first time, was pricy here in canada compared to other options (like the state pacificas i was previously skating) but wanted to try them with the good reviews out there and the fact they are everything i look for in a skate shoe: simple, durable, and available in black with white rubber. I use custom prescribed orthotic insoles so was worried about reports of the stock insoles being hard to remove but it was super easy. my insoles make shoes fit tight so the fact they fit big was perfect.

gotta say now that they are broken in they skate like a dream. board feels great, the flick on kickflips might be the best feeling flick ive ever had, and after 10 ish hours of skating theres barely any wear. at this rate i might be a full convert and only skate these for years to come.

they are mid tier for comfort walking around town but thats not a huge deal, and i bike most places anyways.

my two cents, good shoes, early in but definitely worth the price premium. alv is a mad genius.     

one of us one of us one of us  :D

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #943 on: July 08, 2022, 01:33:01 PM »
for all the people keeping tabs on these, from insta the other day

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #944 on: July 08, 2022, 01:35:02 PM »
need to see another colorway. stoked for them but those are not doin it for me

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #945 on: July 08, 2022, 02:06:47 PM »

These look really nice. A little more padding but not too much.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2022, 04:58:13 PM »
I DM-Ed him like a man, there’s “probably” a vegan cup coming too…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jakedilla

• Rep: 12
« Reply #947 on: July 08, 2022, 06:22:50 PM »
Just got my first pair of vm001s tonight. I was planning on skating them immediately but they look so good I think I’ll keep them as chillers for a bit. After reading this thread, I was shocked that I found the insole to be decent. I was wondering if perhaps I got a pair with the reworked insole perhaps. (Vm001 in “old blue” suede).

Either way I’m hyped and already looking at other pairs haha.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #948 on: July 08, 2022, 07:19:58 PM »
I just got my first pairs of the vm001s and the vm002s on sale at my local. They are definitely some of the best looking shoes out right now. The vm002s felt slightly bigger than the vm001s and a little more substantial. Had to swap out the stock insoles for the converse lunarlon ones, and they feel pretty solid now.
I do hate how long the laces are. They look mad sloppy so had to cut those shorter.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #949 on: July 08, 2022, 10:41:20 PM »
I just got my first pairs of the vm001s and the vm002s on sale at my local. They are definitely some of the best looking shoes out right now. The vm002s felt slightly bigger than the vm001s and a little more substantial. Had to swap out the stock insoles for the converse lunarlon ones, and they feel pretty solid now.
I do hate how long the laces are. They look mad sloppy so had to cut those shorter.

Usually I feel the same way about laces but something about these just works for me, I like to have a bit of bunny ear flopping feels very 90s I guess

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #950 on: July 08, 2022, 10:53:33 PM »
Just got my first pair of vm001s tonight. I was planning on skating them immediately but they look so good I think I’ll keep them as chillers for a bit. After reading this thread, I was shocked that I found the insole to be decent. I was wondering if perhaps I got a pair with the reworked insole perhaps. (Vm001 in “old blue” suede).

They start off good for me but quickly get a sunken to the concrete feeling after awhile. This was from a few drops ago so I have no idea if the revamped ones are better.

newguy

« Reply #951 on: July 09, 2022, 01:18:29 AM »

Oh my god Pontus keeps on delivering, those are beauts! What model are they and how much are they ?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #952 on: July 09, 2022, 03:15:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Usually I feel the same way about laces but something about these just works for me, I like to have a bit of bunny ear flopping feels very 90s I guess

For me the laces on the canvas VM001 lows and VM003s are perfect. I thought that for once the laces are the correct length instead of too short or too long as is way too common.  Great attention to detail I figured but maybe that’s not the same for everyone then with lower volume feet and or not going down half size like I did.

Also the cupsole model looks terrible IMO. I thought the same of the VM001s initially too though and now I like them so I’ll have to see how they look once they’re available.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #953 on: July 09, 2022, 03:38:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They start off good for me but quickly get a sunken to the concrete feeling after awhile. This was from a few drops ago so I have no idea if the revamped ones are better.

Yeah, I think the new ones are much better. I got a pair of VM003 and I’ve been surprised how much more comfortable they are. I’ve swapped insoles on a couple my
My VM001s but I don’t think I will for the VM003 Unless they just totally compress

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #954 on: July 09, 2022, 03:39:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

For me the laces on the canvas VM001 lows and VM003s are perfect. I thought that for once the laces are the correct length instead of too short or too long as is way too common.  Great attention to detail I figured but maybe that’s not the same for everyone then with lower volume feet and or not going down half size like I did.

Also the cupsole model looks terrible IMO. I thought the same of the VM001s initially too though and now I like them so I’ll have to see how they look once they’re available.

That’s so funny, I had the same reaction the first time I saw the VM001. I thought they were so lame but they grew on me.

Definitely still wary of the new models, especially the version with the SAMBA toe but I’m staying open minded and looking forward to seeing more of the colorways.

Knee Pain

« Reply #955 on: July 09, 2022, 08:31:24 AM »
Wish they’d stop releasing new colours to be honest. Finding it difficult not to buy a new pair each month.

I’ve put FP insoles in my current VM001 low’s now and it’s definitely improved them. Currently trying to decide which style to get next…

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #956 on: July 09, 2022, 03:10:52 PM »
Wish they’d stop releasing new colours to be honest. Finding it difficult not to buy a new pair each month.

I’ve put FP insoles in my current VM001 low’s now and it’s definitely improved them. Currently trying to decide which style to get next…

Yeah seems like every drop has a must cop colorway. The dusty blue with black sole is my most recent purchase.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #957 on: July 09, 2022, 03:29:55 PM »
i need the 002s in old red or sage green
shame the 001s get all the best colors, not really my style
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Knee Pain

« Reply #958 on: July 30, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »

Had to, they were on sale.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #959 on: August 01, 2022, 03:20:14 AM »
Got 2 Pairs of the VM001 Hi in Suede and they feel extremely comfier compared to the canvases but bulkier.

Loving both at the same time for different reasons, kudos to you mr. Alv
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.