Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188368 times)

MC3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 139
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1590 on: November 28, 2023, 09:12:52 AM »
I was not a fan of my VM002s from early on (pre drop 10 updates) but the new insole, rubber change, and some new silhouettes I like the look of, I'm willing to give them another shot.

Also, is there anyway to identify Drop 10 and up besides just looking at the insole to see if it's leather or not? I can't justify 100 bucks for a vulc so I'm on the sale hunt, and it worries me that a few times I've seen the older drop shoes on sale that clearly don't have the new insole marketed as "Cloudycush insole" in the descriptions.
(Cool Trick GIF)

Jacorpes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1591 on: November 30, 2023, 12:05:43 AM »
I was not a fan of my VM002s from early on (pre drop 10 updates) but the new insole, rubber change, and some new silhouettes I like the look of, I'm willing to give them another shot.

Also, is there anyway to identify Drop 10 and up besides just looking at the insole to see if it's leather or not? I can't justify 100 bucks for a vulc so I'm on the sale hunt, and it worries me that a few times I've seen the older drop shoes on sale that clearly don't have the new insole marketed as "Cloudycush insole" in the descriptions.

I don’t think there’s a way, so I always go for a colourway that’s exclusive to the latest drop just to be safe. The Milics or CM001 are safe because they didn’t exist pre D10, or you could check what specific colourways were in D10, 11 & 12 and look for them on sale.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1592 on: November 30, 2023, 06:01:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t think there’s a way, so I always go for a colourway that’s exclusive to the latest drop just to be safe. The Milics or CM001 are safe because they didn’t exist pre D10, or you could check what specific colourways were in D10, 11 & 12 and look for them on sale.
It doesn't help when looking online, but each shoe has a number printed on the inside lining near the arch which indicates which drop it's from. Of course, if you're able to check for that number you're already able to tell whether it has the cloudy cush insole or not.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #1593 on: November 30, 2023, 08:22:33 AM »
just got the spitfire vm003s in the mail. went tts. are they supposed to fit tight especially along the toe?

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1594 on: November 30, 2023, 11:20:41 AM »

Inside of each shoe has the drop # printed on the inside wall.

If you order online directly from LR they include insoles with all the older styles

MC3

• Rep: 139
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1595 on: November 30, 2023, 08:05:32 PM »
thanks y'all, super helpful
(Cool Trick GIF)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1596 on: November 30, 2023, 08:22:14 PM »
I ordered a pair of VM001 Black Suede from a shop's black friday sale to replace a pair I fully destroyed, when they arrived I checked and they're from drop 5. I'm a size 12 LRAB which probably don't fly off shelves, but I feel bad some shops are sitting on them this long....

On the bright side, more for me.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1597 on: December 01, 2023, 01:08:36 AM »
I ordered a pair of VM001 Black Suede from a shop's black friday sale to replace a pair I fully destroyed, when they arrived I checked and they're from drop 5. I'm a size 12 LRAB which probably don't fly off shelves, but I feel bad some shops are sitting on them this long....

I feel like shops also ordered shitload of them first. Like first five drops every local i have got like every single colorway and they sit for a while. I do see them out skating quite regularly but the volume seemes like too much for small countrys skatescene.

Jacorpes

« Reply #1598 on: December 03, 2023, 01:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I feel like shops also ordered shitload of them first. Like first five drops every local i have got like every single colorway and they sit for a while. I do see them out skating quite regularly but the volume seemes like too much for small countrys skatescene.

Yeah my local stopped stocking them after about drop 5, but they show me and the other people who buy them a sneaky preview of the upcoming drop and order in whatever we want from it. It’s a win win win because I can get whatever I want, still support my local and they don’t have a load of extra stock sitting around.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1599 on: December 03, 2023, 06:54:04 AM »
Did anyone see the wallabee looking LRs Pontus had on his story a few weeks back? Was it a fever dream?
Omg those are amazing..

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1600 on: December 03, 2023, 08:43:53 AM »
Did anyone see the wallabee looking LRs Pontus had on his story a few weeks back? Was it a fever dream?
Omg those are amazing..

yes, they are

Jack Locke

« Reply #1601 on: December 03, 2023, 12:03:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Omg those are amazing..
[close]

yes, they are
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes please. Looks like a cat low. Guessing actual skate sole, not crepe?

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #1602 on: December 03, 2023, 08:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Omg those are amazing..
[close]

yes, they are
Expand Quote

[close]

Sizzla seh dems abd
I an I haff nah white god

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1603 on: December 04, 2023, 10:25:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Omg those are amazing..
[close]

yes, they are
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yes please. Looks like a cat low. Guessing actual skate sole, not crepe?

yeah, i'm assuming it's the same as the VM002

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #1604 on: December 04, 2023, 10:41:23 AM »
Jesus that shoe is awful. Idk what Last Resort is doing, chill on these weird ass shoes.

Gunot

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1605 on: December 04, 2023, 10:54:19 AM »
I could see them on Zalando outlet.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1606 on: December 04, 2023, 04:22:27 PM »
Jesus that shoe is awful. Idk what Last Resort is doing, chill on these weird ass shoes.
They’re just low-top Wallabees that are skateable.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1607 on: December 04, 2023, 10:48:44 PM »
love last resort but why they always gotta make their laces hella long? the new cupsoles are very nice. <3
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1608 on: January 06, 2024, 05:17:21 PM »
Kinda bummed about this but oh well

corduroy emerica ridgemonts

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1609 on: January 06, 2024, 05:40:39 PM »
That wallabe looking shoe makes me cringe at first, but......

I think I kinda like them in black/black, would like to see brown/gum.

Maybe I'm losing my mind.

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1610 on: January 06, 2024, 07:05:47 PM »
make the cupsoles in high top and i'll buy them for the rest of my skating days probably

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1611 on: January 06, 2024, 07:24:33 PM »
ipath cats are legendary shoes, don't get the hate for these last resort homages. think they're gonna be kickass. 

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1612 on: January 06, 2024, 07:57:55 PM »
ipath cats are legendary shoes, don't get the hate for these last resort homages. think they're gonna be kickass.

Agree

DERBY

• Rep: 274

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1614 on: January 06, 2024, 11:29:54 PM »

I believe that anybody skating LRAB already did.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1615 on: January 07, 2024, 03:55:18 AM »
Here comes the skinny jeans punk boi revival, lads.

Verdugo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1616 on: January 07, 2024, 04:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I believe that anybody skating LRAB already did.

Last Resort are my favorite skate shoes. Then again I’m not nearly as nitpicky as a lot of people.

Rick Trapasso

« Reply #1617 on: January 07, 2024, 05:41:21 AM »
Here comes the skinny jeans punk boi revival, lads.

Thankfully I'm old enough for trends to not matter now......

I was not the first time around.

patrick c.

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1618 on: January 16, 2024, 07:09:42 PM »
I know this probably got discussed a few pages back but how do the CM001’s fit?  Local doesn’t carry LRAB but would like to give them a try.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1619 on: January 16, 2024, 07:51:23 PM »
I know this probably got discussed a few pages back but how do the CM001’s fit?  Local doesn’t carry LRAB but would like to give them a try.

Copy & Paste CM001 into the search bar for the thread  to get your answer.. Hard to say, every foot is different but here is a start for you:

Just had some CM001 show up in the mail the other day. I usually skate an 11 in Vans and most other skate shoes but went to an 11,5 for the CM001s after hearing they run small. The 11,5 fits my foot perfect. Won't skate them until my current shoes are done, but keen to give them a try.

Got the all-black colourway, then the next day a new drop had classic black with white sole. I kinda wish I'd waited a day.

My cm001 finally came in and I have to say definitely most definitely size up the padded tounge and different toe box shape makes this shoe feel more narrow and super snug I'm a 9.5 definitely should have got 10.5 maybe it's just me but if i would go up just half size i would have to wear without the insoles to make them comfortably fit just a fyi

I wear 12 in ALL LRAB models. Some run tighter (VM001 Canvas, CM001), some are roomier (VM003), VM001 Suede is pretty much perfect. I'm loving the CM001 though and will probably buy another pair

Sizing is a bit weird on the CM001 for sure. I tried US8.5 and US9. My true size is probably 8.5 (Vans/Nike) but the 8.5 felt like it would need to stretch a decent amount to fit but the 9 feels too big. The difference should be minimal but the 9 feels very roomy in the toebox, overall volume wise (though the length is correct). I actually think the cups probably fit a slightly wider foot better than narrow feet and there seems to be a big size jump (US8.5->9/EU41->42). Might see if an 8.5 will stretch because I'd like to have some cups. FWIW I use a US8 in the pre-cloudy cush vulcs, so half to a full size up from those seems about right.