Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66917 times)

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #660 on: April 10, 2022, 09:47:43 AM »
I setup my board on the coping similar to how I learned bs 50-50 stall, but got on the board like fs 50-50.  Holy shit I can’t even begin to think of how to bring it in.  Maybe someday.

One hunnert percent leap of faith. Lean weight on back heel, turn in. Heel CANNOT be overstated. Too much weight on your toes or being to tentative can lead to pivoting on your toeside rear wheel, bringing the heelside wheel over the coping, onto the deck. Full hangup and instant flat bottom.

I mean there’s also a reason nobody does fs axle stalls- it’s way scarier than letting your momentum bring you in from a grind.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1510
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #661 on: April 12, 2022, 07:04:20 PM »
I went to skate the school parking lot that I normally skate on nights and weekends too early and there were a couple cars still in the lot.

I just played around doing flatground instead of attacking the curbs. I landed a nollie flip after a drought of a few months and got close to switch flip again. Stoked.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #662 on: April 14, 2022, 06:41:50 AM »
Got kicked out from 3 spots headed to the local, it was closesd super early and got kicked out. Went home sad

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #663 on: April 14, 2022, 11:40:31 AM »
Seem to have misplaced my varial flips and fakie v flips somewhere when I switched to a skinnier setup...its been the bane of the last couple sessions and has caused a few primo slams.

Today's session was more of that, the few that I did land were horrible- genuinely think that varial flips just look and work better (for me at least) on an 8.25+ board.

Shame as my kickflip and heelflips are pretty fire on a 7.75.

Scooter kids and mums everywhere, I was the only skater at the park which was fairly depressing...there needs to be some sort of conversion therapy to get these kids off scooters and onto boards, quite a few of them look old enough to know better.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #664 on: April 14, 2022, 05:28:30 PM »
Grinded a flat bar for the first time in about 15 years.  I have a lot of mental blocks on certain things since I’ve gotten back into skating, and that was a huge one.  Just did about a dozen 5050s, some of them pretty shitty, but it was cool to go from complete panic to feeling the muscle memory start to come back. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #665 on: April 14, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »
Our flatground diy spot is open again. There's this new ledge with mannypad next to it and I got bs nosegrind bs revert and fs nosegind over the pad. Good times.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2022, 03:28:35 PM »
Was playing around and did the shittiest bs flip ever but I can’t remember the last time I landed one so I was kinda stoked.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2022, 08:57:21 PM »
Figured out through YouTube that my lower back problem is really a hip problem that radiates pain. Been doing stretches to work it out and have been pain free ever since.
Slammed hard on a double sided curb because my friend waxed it too much, I ride rails and he doesn’t, slipped out onto my hip super hard.
Got a few Slappy feeble to boardslide to hurricanes. He was nose sliding and board sliding it. Session ended with us filming boardslide doubles on the curb, was super fun sliding at the same time, almost running into each other and stuff.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • the moon rules
« Reply #668 on: April 15, 2022, 09:45:16 PM »
For a while I’ve been jokingly saying that the only thing truly missing from the weeknight curb spot was a spine ramp. Tonight my prayers were answered when a couple dudes I’ve seen around brought one. For some reason spine ramps have always been my favorite skatepark obstacle. I was like the Wade Speyer of the local curb spot for one night
fuck you bama

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #669 on: April 15, 2022, 11:52:26 PM »
I was planning to skate hard all Easter (we have Friday and Monday of) but rolled my ankle on a heelflip warming up yesterday.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Brguy

« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2022, 04:02:32 AM »
Finally waxed the park bench(concrete) and skated it properly, was able to do a few good bs 50-50s and noseslides there, but now that the wax is setting in I'm gonna try to learn all kinds of stuff. My friend got pretty beat and went home before this though, I guess the recent coldness was getting to him, not to mention he was skating a lot.

Coffee

• Rep: 46
« Reply #671 on: April 16, 2022, 06:27:53 PM »
Yesterday morning I took my 9 year old daughter to the school by our house and she learned how to kick turn on a small bank. She had been trying it the last couple sessions and could never make it all the way back down but yesterday she got it and we had a pretty cool moment of stoke together. I don’t think she is ever going to really skate more than just something to do with me but it was awesome seeing her get hyped on learning something that she had to work at. Luckily my wife was with us and got the clip. Then I had a flat ground session with my brother that got rained out after 15 minutes and ended with us going out for a couple beers so that was cool too.

Magnolia

• Rep: 465
  • She/They
« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2022, 06:36:08 PM »
Went to the indoor park cause the weather was shit today. Played a game of skate on the ledge and lost, but locked into a back smith for the first time. After years of rolling up but not committing I finally 5050d the little 4 stair hubba in the last 5 minutes of the session. Treated myself to a guava jarritos on my way out, the perfect end to a perfect session.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2022, 06:58:21 PM »
Got to skate with my cousin yesterday. We checked out a park and a local ledge spot. I did this pretty cool line at the ledge spot on the last try. My cousin gave me a suggestion of a line I should try and been thinking about it all day. I want to go back and film it.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #674 on: April 20, 2022, 03:25:19 PM »
the kids at the park on houston were playing MBV on a big speaker
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

headtowall

• Rep: -12
« Reply #675 on: April 20, 2022, 03:39:08 PM »
skated the curb on Graham Ave and Meeker on the Greenpoint/Williamsburg border. Its typically frequented by old guys doing slappys. Always solo. it's like there is an understanding.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #676 on: April 20, 2022, 03:43:35 PM »
new setup day means i paid hard a few times. super excited to skate the board again in two weeks after i heal up. it’s a sick board

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #677 on: April 22, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »
skated a steeper asphalt bank to parking block the other day. popped up and rolled away from a backside axel stall a few times right when i got there. went for one more, back truck kinda overshot so i tried to jump off my board but somehow had both feet land back on it(idk how) so wasn't ready to roll back in and immediately slipped back and landed straight on my tailbone lol. haven't had a slam like that in a few months, was not fun and my ass/lower back bone are still hurting. skating is always humbling

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #678 on: April 23, 2022, 06:58:09 AM »
Yesterday I almost ruptured my spleen trying to skate a gap in the wind without a warmup

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #679 on: April 23, 2022, 07:02:32 AM »
Tweaked my ankle for the first time in 11 months on the first BS flip of the session.

Walked it off but think it'll probably need a few days off and some babying for a couple of weeks.

Annoying AF but tbh i'm surprised i went 11 months since the last one...counting myself lucky it wasn't a full roll/fold.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #680 on: April 23, 2022, 10:12:55 AM »
Bombed some hills at 7 am. Last one tried to give me speed wobbles but I pulled it - wobbles hit at peak speed so I'm glad I held on

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #681 on: April 23, 2022, 11:27:45 AM »
Hit the park early and was shortly joined by some dudes my age. We had a blast doing runs and talkin shit. This is why I love skateboarding. We are all skaters and everyone is cool if you are on a skateboard. Hit a curb spot after solo and had fun, the crusty ground brought back memories.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #682 on: April 23, 2022, 11:47:54 AM »
The weather was perfect today. But my stomach caused some trouble because I knew that I am going to a shitty park. But I am glad if my homie and I find time together.
The park has a really negative vibe for me, since I stopped smoking weed. The locals there are full on negative, depressive, sad stoners without a job. There is that guy I used to hang out with a few years ago, but I had to stop because I can't stand moaning and complaining anymore. He quit skating because his ex girlfriend also skated (weird reason, but okay) and is now just sitting there, talking and getting high. The obstacles in the park are okay tho, just weird vibes from the people there.
And I think that's what caused my stomach pain.

Got a nice line through the park. Wheelie the pad, kickflip on flat, axle stall and noseslide the ledge. Went with my homie to another park and got the fakie pop shuv in the steep big bank. I felt like shit today but I am so fucking happy and thankful that I have a fulfilled and happy life now.

Gave my homie a hug, drove to my parents and gave them a hug and tomorrow I will see my girl and give her a hug and tell her how much she means to me.

Thanks for reading my book pals. Love ya all.
I send all your tweaked ankles some positive vibes.
IG: @flowterspace

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #683 on: April 23, 2022, 07:25:48 PM »
This thread has me on the vibe. Thank you pals.

Broke a board for the first time in a few years, and wanted to reframe the brain on tricks I can’t do/want to learn. Ripe age of 34breaking in the new stick, learning nollie flips as the back foot catch varietal (legally it’s rocket, but it ain’t looking illegal).

The vibe is hot.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #684 on: April 24, 2022, 03:06:12 PM »
woke up super hungover. skated a pump track in the blazing sun for an hour or so with my cruiser setup. never skated one before, bike dads were kinda vibing but ended up gettin it all to myself and learned how to really get cookin. fun
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #685 on: May 04, 2022, 03:55:58 PM »
I went to the local park and it was filled with kids and tweakers, so I went to a different park that's usually empty.  I slammed hard in a bowl and fucked up my ribs AGAIN and broke my glasses, so I just gave up and went back to bed.

lol so it turns out I actually broke three ribs and kept making it worse on myself.  So I finally took it easy and spent the winter resting and getting fatter.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
« Reply #686 on: May 04, 2022, 06:07:49 PM »
Woke up feeling a little down, the sky was grey and it looked the rain. I said fuck it and went out anyway, opting to leave the bike and push around away from downtown, exploring a bit. I went by a friend's house, she wasn't home so I wrote a note, folded it into a paper airplane and tosses it up on her balcony, then I cruised to a skatepark I haven't checked out in awhile. The sun came out, I ran into a friend, and we skated for about three hours. We landed a satisfying amount of the midrange tricks tried and on my way home I found a big cache of music equipment on the curb. I got a bunch of boutique pedals, a sampler, and a harmonizer pedal, pretty sweet. Now I'm sitting on the balcony in a good mood, in the warm evening air, thank goodness I went skating.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #687 on: May 04, 2022, 06:19:01 PM »
Woke up feeling a little down, the sky was grey and it looked the rain. I said fuck it and went out anyway, opting to leave the bike and push around away from downtown, exploring a bit. I went by a friend's house, she wasn't home so I wrote a note, folded it into a paper airplane and tosses it up on her balcony, then I cruised to a skatepark I haven't checked out in awhile. The sun came out, I ran into a friend, and we skated for about three hours. We landed a satisfying amount of the midrange tricks tried and on my way home I found a big cache of music equipment on the curb. I got a bunch of boutique pedals, a sampler, and a harmonizer pedal, pretty sweet. Now I'm sitting on the balcony in a good mood, in the warm evening air, thank goodness I went skating.

Somebody’s on a guitar forum unstoked on their significant other/parent getting rid of their stuff.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2022, 06:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Somebody’s on a guitar forum unstoked on their significant other/parent getting rid of their stuff.

100% , it was the dude's brother, he was carrying out more stuff as i rolled up and said his bro moved out over a year ago and was given a deadline to move his gear but didn't. Bad situation, but what am I gonna do, there was already some lady in a suburban loading up the rice cooker and everything she could get her hands on.

switchfakie

« Reply #689 on: May 04, 2022, 06:54:42 PM »
went to a basketball court to skate flat. have an alright sesh. dumbass toddler comes and throws a handful of rocks at me and i proceed to eat shit. i call out the mom and she gives me a feeble sorry. there were too many rocks so i decided to dip. called the mom and her crew bitches on my way out for not disciplining their little shit and not trying to help me clear out the rocks

went to another spot but it was a bust, too many people walking around

found a tennis court and practiced kickies and back 180s over a cone

fuckin sucked