Author Topic: The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread  (Read 28808 times)

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 115
Re: The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2021, 06:17:48 PM »
My father has very rare degenerative disease called Freidrich’s Ataxia. It sucks and I can rarely discuss it with people in person without breaking down. He started breaking down when I was about 10-12 years old and at that point neither of you know what is happening.  Never take your mobility for granted
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 06:25:41 PM by HeavyAndExpensive »

Sockcucks

• Rep: 2
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2021, 01:14:19 PM »
First semester of community college. I remember senior year this wave of uncertainty I had about what I was going to do this year and I'm living my biggest fear. Tried out welding, seems ok but not sure if I really want to stay with it. Other classes had me really down as well and I took a bunch of adderall to knock out a semesters worth of work in a week. Really wish I could skate right now but it's freezing outside. Thinking about just dropping out but no idea what I would do besides work. Feeling generally shitty but trying to stay positive and find one good thing in every day. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2021, 07:53:35 PM »
First semester of community college. I remember senior year this wave of uncertainty I had about what I was going to do this year and I'm living my biggest fear. Tried out welding, seems ok but not sure if I really want to stay with it. Other classes had me really down as well and I took a bunch of adderall to knock out a semesters worth of work in a week. Really wish I could skate right now but it's freezing outside. Thinking about just dropping out but no idea what I would do besides work. Feeling generally shitty but trying to stay positive and find one good thing in every day.

hang in there. i'm a lot older, just started studying again, and everything is a mess right now. but we can do it if we stay with it. you'll be mad proud of yourself when you're done!

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2021, 08:42:49 PM »
By the time I get off work I’m so emotionally and physically drained that when I’m going to bed I feel like my frontal lobe is turning to mush. I’ve got nothing.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2021, 05:26:26 PM »
By the time I get off work I’m so emotionally and physically drained that when I’m going to bed I feel like my frontal lobe is turning to mush. I’ve got nothing.

are you looking for new work? mb people have pointers on the field yr in...

Fhk

« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2021, 06:14:19 PM »
@Bunk Moreland  I "lived" this way for a long fucking time. You can get away from it. It took me almost 20 years to change, don't wait that long. But once that feeling was behind me it was like I never felt it. An old construction worker told me once, Work to live..never live to work. I should of listened. Hope things get better for you soon man

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Just had a meeting today that come January 1, things should lighten up. I’m not holding my breath, but I’m cautiously optimistic.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
gl mang - i'm starting a new job in the new year. was feeling a lot of that stress and i'm glad i started looking around sooner than later. it's a pretty good market for labour right now, with the pandemic killing everyone and all.

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »
Wife's pregnant (first one) and due in June so I've been a bit anxious stressed about the future, etc. But at the same time, excited and thankful...been skating as much as i can for relief / limited time ill have

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2021, 05:27:27 PM »
Wife's pregnant (first one) and due in June so I've been a bit anxious stressed about the future, etc. But at the same time, excited and thankful...been skating as much as i can for relief / limited time ill have

Congrats, bro! You're going to be alright since most people are when they have kids and none of them know beforehand what they're doing either.  If you just stay focused on the kid and what (s)he needs, they usually cut you a break by starting with the simple stuff (food, sleep, diapers) before building up to harder problems (pretty much everything that comes after).  So you could look at parenthood as a type of project in learning how to care for someone else, teaching them to care for themselves, and learning how to do all that at the same time as caring for yourself and your partner.  It's hard as shit, but there's nothing quite like it and I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who ever wanted to be a parent in the first place that would trade it back.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2021, 11:08:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Congrats, bro! You're going to be alright since most people are when they have kids and none of them know beforehand what they're doing either.  If you just stay focused on the kid and what (s)he needs, they usually cut you a break by starting with the simple stuff (food, sleep, diapers) before building up to harder problems (pretty much everything that comes after).  So you could look at parenthood as a type of project in learning how to care for someone else, teaching them to care for themselves, and learning how to do all that at the same time as caring for yourself and your partner.  It's hard as shit, but there's nothing quite like it and I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who ever wanted to be a parent in the first place that would trade it back.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Much love, thanks for the support and words. And hang in there brother, going through what you're going through sounds tough as hell, hoping for better days for you soon

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2022, 02:14:56 AM »
Is anyone else having a hard time tonight?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2022, 02:43:23 PM »
  NYE always makes me sad. If you feel comfortable sharing, what's on your mind? 

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2022, 12:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  NYE always makes me sad. If you feel comfortable sharing, what's on your mind?

Wondering what's worth sticking around for.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2022, 11:46:53 AM »
Dear There's nothing here,

If you're comfortable sharing, what particular aspects of your life are you unhappy with? If it's a job,  highly recommend quitting & finding a new one. So many out there, none of them are worthy if harming your mental health. Maybe try a major switch up with your daily routine. If you're feeling really down, please talk to someone. My cousin started talking to someone , he says helps tremendously & been more happy lately. And please reach out to your friends & family, certain they want to help & make you feel better in anyway they can. To quote Tommy Sandoval, "You are loved, you are important, & you will overcome"

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2022, 05:28:48 PM »
Is this the thread I'm supposed to mention that I'm depressed in?

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -327
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2022, 08:35:15 AM »
Oh boy where to start, apart from my failed marriage to losing homies left and right and now my stepmum.

I’m feeling very drained, almost zapped in virility and many other feelings that seem to drain me.

I thought I’d add a few pictures for my own sanity.
Dueces Bitch's

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2022, 03:52:36 PM »
Oh boy where to start, apart from my failed marriage to losing homies left and right and now my stepmum.

I’m feeling very drained, almost zapped in virility and many other feelings that seem to drain me.

So sorry for your loss, can't begin to imagine what you're going through. Stay strong brother, whether or not you know it, you're loved.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2022, 03:59:57 PM »

that's a lot at once. hope it passes quickly. life always gets better if we give it time.

JF

• Rep: -5
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2022, 03:04:09 AM »
any pals care to share their experience with antidepressants?

For me, antidepressants just made things worse. Confronting issues I didn’t want to confront helped. Making myself get up out of bed each day and doing something productive no matter how hard it was to do helped a lot too. Realizing that the only opinion that matters was my own and not worrying about what others thought of me was enlightening..I’m sure that meds do help a lot of people though, they just never worked for me. I put myself through a lot of stupid shit that I shouldn’t have put myself through and I feel lucky that the outcome for me to get through depression was easier than I thought I would be in the end…

If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, I’m all ears.. I know how shitty depression can be and that just having someone to make small talk with can help a lot. Don’t give up hope, you can overcome depression, for most it’s just a phase in life that will get better with time.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2022, 07:41:47 PM »
I can't handle the roller coaster of my marriage and I feel like a failure. She's just never fucking happy. We've been working at it for years at this point but it's like the good days don't matter for her. At her first inkling of trouble EVERYTHING about us goes on trial. She just hurts so strongly, and it's all directed at me. She's like the Energizer bunny and just never stops blaming judging fighting.

I feel like such a sap, I've had a million break through moments where I feel we've hit our stride and then I'm absolutely side lined when she senses trouble.

The issue is how much we fucking love each other for some reason. I just can't imagine we're wrong for each other no matter how much I can look at the last 9 years and see the shit we shouldn't have had to deal with on a regular basis.

Fuck.

Literally almost rented a room January 1 because she was so buried in negativity that anything I said was reacted to like I just slapped her. We decided to give it another go after days of fighting, against my better judgement. And here I am a few weeks later, when on our best day in recent history she tickles me too much and a laptop hits her in the face and now I'm fucking Mussolini again and everything I've ever done is on trial. Every attempt to bring us together is just slapped down. Fuck man writing this I seem insane to even be in the house anymore

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2022, 04:18:42 PM »
Man that sounds rough! How long have you been married for if you don’t mind??

Since loosing my job to covid I have been battling some super bad depression. Anxious all the time. I have so much time on my hands and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve applied for so many jobs in the last month it’s nuts. And I have an excellent CV. Hopefully something sticks soon.

Also I’ve figured out that not exercising isn’t an option anymore. I have to keep active or I’ll fall into a black hole I won’t be able to get out of.

And I really wanna get of methadone but I have so much at stake atm that I think I should keep on it.

The end of the year and the beginning of the new one REALLY fucks with me. Every year it happens. It’s like I could set my clock to it.

Fhk

« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2022, 04:27:24 PM »
I can't handle the roller coaster of my marriage and I feel like a failure. She's just never fucking happy. We've been working at it for years at this point but it's like the good days don't matter for her. At her first inkling of trouble EVERYTHING about us goes on trial. She just hurts so strongly, and it's all directed at me. She's like the Energizer bunny and just never stops blaming judging fighting.

I feel like such a sap, I've had a million break through moments where I feel we've hit our stride and then I'm absolutely side lined when she senses trouble.

The issue is how much we fucking love each other for some reason. I just can't imagine we're wrong for each other no matter how much I can look at the last 9 years and see the shit we shouldn't have had to deal with on a regular basis.

Fuck.

Literally almost rented a room January 1 because she was so buried in negativity that anything I said was reacted to like I just slapped her. We decided to give it another go after days of fighting, against my better judgement. And here I am a few weeks later, when on our best day in recent history she tickles me too much and a laptop hits her in the face and now I'm fucking Mussolini again and everything I've ever done is on trial. Every attempt to bring us together is just slapped down. Fuck man writing this I seem insane to even be in the house anymore
Life is too short to have a spouse that drags you down. I have felt almost everything you just described. As an old friend once told me just gotta grab your balls and move on. Not saying that is what you need to do but it certainly was the right answer for me. Best of luck and feel free to dm me if shit gets heavy and you need an ear.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2022, 04:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hang in there. i'm a lot older, just started studying again, and everything is a mess right now. but we can do it if we stay with it. you'll be mad proud of yourself when you're done!

You will be very happy when you are done. Did you ever think of keeping a journal or notepad & just writing out what your feeling on that given day. Example: "This class is hard, I feel like giving up". Write it down, soak it in & go back to what you were doing. Sometimes writing it out & seeing it is more powerful than we think. Or make a time before your day starts to write it down. Does your community college offer counseling? A lot of times, there is free counseling or some type of support service on campus.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2022, 06:21:57 AM »
Anybody have any experience with online counseling/therapy? Specifically depression, but general experience welcome.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2022, 07:22:51 PM »
Anybody have any experience with online counseling/therapy? Specifically depression, but general experience welcome.
Yup. Started online therapy in September 2020 for depression, still at it. Personally it took a while for me to see the benefits but I'm happy to have started. You (or anyone else) can hit the DM's if you want to ask me more about it.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2022, 02:33:08 AM »
compared to some other people this is barely even a problem, but i will say it. thats kind of a shitty thing to say, sometimes it strikes me as attention seeking. but oh well.

i can barely remember things nowadays. it's most likely due to a myriad of self induced factors, but it is well underway.
it hit me pretty hard today, when i could barely remember what i'd eaten for dinner the night before. it's kind of fucked how i can remember dreams more than my actual life, and every day is just an endless fog until i start the next.
more than anything, i'm just scared. if this is what life is like now, then what the fuck will i be doing in 50 years?

tl;dr i can't remember things
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

make sure you land bolts

• Rep: -2
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2022, 11:26:52 PM »
i fucked up

evil intentions

• Rep: 0
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2022, 01:47:49 AM »
disclaimer: This is a burner account. If that's a problem, I'm sorry, I will delete this, I just didn't want to use my main account.

I'm curious if anyone has felt a change in themselves toward evil? What caused someone like Charles Manson, or Rasputin, or David Koresh to become who they were? To use Hitler as an example, he was a racist, that's clearly where his hatred stemmed from, I'm not interested in examples like this. But these people who over time began to understand certain things about how to get what they wanted. Is it caused by a pre-existing mental condition? A moment that broke them? A slow burn towards evil? A conscious decision they made?

I've been let down by so many people so many times. Beginning with my father. My parents weren't divorced like many others, so I didn't come from a "broken home", but my father is/was not a good person. His life was driven primarily by his greed. I truly believe that money and his perceived financial success by others (particularly by his own father) were his priorities in life. Perhaps, in a way he could be considered an evil person. Now, in his old age, he's donating his time and money and whatnot to non-profit causes, but I see it as a front for him to be seen as a good person by other people.

As time went on I was let down by relationships and friendships, as well as jobs. I know that I'm probably just a naive fool who deserves all of these betrayals and disappointments just because I'm so gullible, but I keep hoping that the next person or situation will be different and keep trying to move forward.

However, recently, that's not true anymore. I've become less and less hopeful. I'm on the edge of deciding to become evil. I don't intend to harm anyone, but I am intending to lie and cheat and manipulate people to get what I want. I don't care about anyone else.

I wonder if this is a normal path that some people just take in life.

What would the world be without villains?

If I realize that I'm intending to be a villain, does that mean I'm not? Maybe true villains think they are doing something good and it's their oblivious drive toward their goals that make them who they are?

I really don't know why I felt like posting here... just the anonymity I suppose and the respect for the opinions and insights of many slappers.

tacotime

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2022, 05:13:58 AM »
disclaimer: This is a burner account. If that's a problem, I'm sorry, I will delete this, I just didn't want to use my main account.

I'm curious if anyone has felt a change in themselves toward evil? What caused someone like Charles Manson, or Rasputin, or David Koresh to become who they were? To use Hitler as an example, he was a racist, that's clearly where his hatred stemmed from, I'm not interested in examples like this. But these people who over time began to understand certain things about how to get what they wanted. Is it caused by a pre-existing mental condition? A moment that broke them? A slow burn towards evil? A conscious decision they made?

I've been let down by so many people so many times. Beginning with my father. My parents weren't divorced like many others, so I didn't come from a "broken home", but my father is/was not a good person. His life was driven primarily by his greed. I truly believe that money and his perceived financial success by others (particularly by his own father) were his priorities in life. Perhaps, in a way he could be considered an evil person. Now, in his old age, he's donating his time and money and whatnot to non-profit causes, but I see it as a front for him to be seen as a good person by other people.

As time went on I was let down by relationships and friendships, as well as jobs. I know that I'm probably just a naive fool who deserves all of these betrayals and disappointments just because I'm so gullible, but I keep hoping that the next person or situation will be different and keep trying to move forward.

However, recently, that's not true anymore. I've become less and less hopeful. I'm on the edge of deciding to become evil. I don't intend to harm anyone, but I am intending to lie and cheat and manipulate people to get what I want. I don't care about anyone else.

I wonder if this is a normal path that some people just take in life.

What would the world be without villains?

If I realize that I'm intending to be a villain, does that mean I'm not? Maybe true villains think they are doing something good and it's their oblivious drive toward their goals that make them who they are?

I really don't know why I felt like posting here... just the anonymity I suppose and the respect for the opinions and insights of many slappers.

Revenge after you’ve been hurt repeatedly is a totally normal way to feel. This can come in the form of wanting to get back directly at the people who hurt you or some people end up taking it out on other people at random. I hope you’re going to choose neither. Here’s why.

If you choose to become a villain, you’re going to miss out on possibly meeting some rad people who could help change your whole perspective on life. The more you are a villain, the harder it will become to hide your life choices, and most likely you’ll end up someone who no one decent wants to associate with. You will regret it but you won’t get to take back what you’ve become, at least not without a massive fight to reclaim your name. It’s also likely since you weren’t born on the villain side of mind that your conscience is going to regret your negative actions eventually, regardless of how anyone else feels about it. That will stick with you and fuck you up even further. There’s enough to fight against in life, we don’t need to make things harder on ourselves.

I’m sorry fucked up shit happened to you but I hope you keep striving for the good because any mothefucker who did you wrong either directly or by proximity isn’t worth shit. They’re a waste of fucking time. You deserve a good life and you can create as much good as you put yourself to doing. We all get on the end of our rope at times but I think the fact you used a burner account shows you’re not as far gone as you might sometimes feel. I hope you will try to seek out new ways to remember that life isn’t all bad. There’s just a lot of shit to wade through to get to the good. But the good is there and it can come up in the most unlikely places and the most surprising times. It’s worth holding out.

Someone in my family is a murderer. They fucked up their life and they fucked up our lives and they fucked up someone else’s family along with taking away the life of an innocent person who deserved a fucking chance. Even if a person doesn’t go to that length, any cruelty we dish out to others has the ability to change them permanently, just as you have experienced.

You can use the memory of what you went through to help preserve your empathy for other people who don’t deserve to be treated badly. You can one up the poor role models you had by learning from them what not to be. The reasoning ability and personal awareness in this post shows you have the intellect and heart to turn this all on its head. I hope you will.

take care