Author Topic: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)  (Read 77718 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
Re: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2021, 07:51:39 AM »
Expand Quote
I love this shape....Dimensions measure true! No stickers, dot/indent or laser engraving on the top, but there is a circle/dimple on the bottom (center of truck holes). Magenta stain middle ply. DEEP concave Medium kicks; not quite 2 fingers of flat.

FAT nose, appears more blunt/wide in person, photo makes it feel like it's super long.

Nice short-ish tail too

[close]

I just bought two more.

Looks great

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2021, 08:54:54 AM »
Someone posted the winter catalog for the dwindle brands and there were a bunch of wbswb decks coming out later this year. Movement is catching on ?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2021, 02:21:37 PM »
Someone posted the winter catalog for the dwindle brands and there were a bunch of wbswb decks coming out later this year. Movement is catching on ?

Nothing for spring...one 8.375 that's promising but the rest are pretty big WB.

https://dwindle.com/catalogs

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2021, 03:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing for spring...one 8.375 that's promising but the rest are pretty big WB.

https://dwindle.com/catalogs
saw a mention of blind footballs with 14.0 wb in uwtb, couldnt find it again though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2021, 12:00:58 PM »
I just ordered an 8.5/14.25 Orchard shop deck, nice long tail too. Gonna set it up with with some 5.8 standards. Going back up in size after a year on 8.25. Can’t wait.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2021, 11:23:11 AM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2021, 11:30:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love this shape....Dimensions measure true! No stickers, dot/indent or laser engraving on the top, but there is a circle/dimple on the bottom (center of truck holes). Magenta stain middle ply. DEEP concave Medium kicks; not quite 2 fingers of flat.

FAT nose, appears more blunt/wide in person, photo makes it feel like it's super long.

Nice short-ish tail too

[close]

I just bought two more.
[close]

Looks great

what are the nose and tail specs?
hardly art, hardly starving

chris.

• Rep: 184

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
https://youtu.be/f72qNPTc3F0

I know Santa Cruz isn’t the most well liked brand around here, but they’ve been putting in a lot of effort with their short wb wide decks. Seeing this one in action is pretty sick

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2021, 05:00:02 PM »
https://youtu.be/f72qNPTc3F0

I know Santa Cruz isn’t the most well liked brand around here, but they’ve been putting in a lot of effort with their short wb wide decks. Seeing this one in action is pretty sick
i wish anyone but the "nhs fun factory" would make these but sanding and spray paint will do the trick

at least im forced to cool guy it and act like i dont know about my setup
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2021, 06:23:30 PM »
Can anyone recommend an online shop that is good with posting WB specs AND usually has The Killing Floor? Tactics occasionally has them but not enough to kinda piece together what the specs are when new graphics come out and everyone else I’ve found with boards don’t post WB.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2021, 03:41:28 AM »
Can anyone recommend an online shop that is good with posting WB specs AND usually has The Killing Floor? Tactics occasionally has them but not enough to kinda piece together what the specs are when new graphics come out and everyone else I’ve found with boards don’t post WB.
Uprise carries TKF and usually has actual measurements posted. Nothing on there right now but maybe they're between drops?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2021, 04:32:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Uprise carries TKF and usually has actual measurements posted. Nothing on there right now but maybe they're between drops?

I just checked and they do have some Doom Sayers listed as 8.5x31.5 with a 14.125wb. If those dims are accurate that’s a great one for this thread.
Edit: doom sayers actual website lists them as 8.5x31.75 14.25wb, still not bad.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:23:22 AM by Gene_Harrogate »

Get hungry on it!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2021, 04:48:07 AM »

last tkf drop was all 14.25 plus wheelbases if i remember correct.

skatedeluxe.de carries killing floor and usually lists wheelbase

Ol Nick

« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2021, 11:19:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

last tkf drop was all 14.25 plus wheelbases if i remember correct.

skatedeluxe.de carries killing floor and usually lists wheelbase
Even better, they have a bunch of sizes in stock to reference. Jakeumms is right, 14.25 on the 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 are 14.375, 8.6 is 14.625, and 8.75 is 14.75. I appreciate the help y’all!

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2021, 11:52:44 AM »
There's a Japanese shop called "R-F SKATE" that list the measurements on most boards. You just have to use google for translate and convert cm to in (unless you know Japanese, or use cm).

https://r-fskate.com/shopbrand/de_thekillingfloor/

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2021, 08:12:04 PM »
Some new DLX boards coming out with much shorter wheelbases than usual, Real floral graphics or something, but definitely trying new shapes and shorter length and wheelbase options.

I like the sound of this. Any idea when we will learn more?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2021, 03:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There's a Japanese shop called "R-F SKATE" that list the measurements on most boards. You just have to use google for translate and convert cm to in (unless you know Japanese, or use cm).

https://r-fskate.com/shopbrand/de_thekillingfloor/
r-f skate is the best shop there is for dimensions

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
Anyone got a line on where I could find a 8.5 with a 14wb but the square shape, like a quasi or fa? Both those brands tend to have 14.25 and Id like to try out a 14 if I can.

Ol Nick

« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2021, 06:45:54 PM »
Anyone got a line on where I could find a 8.5 with a 14wb but the square shape, like a quasi or fa? Both those brands tend to have 14.25 and Id like to try out a 14 if I can.
I’ve seen a handful of 8.5s made by Pennswood come out with 14” WB. Check Scumco logo decks maybe or Play?

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2021, 08:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’ve seen a handful of 8.5s made by Pennswood come out with 14” WB. Check Scumco logo decks maybe or Play?

From what I can see they are not so square shaped. Only 8.5 I can find is the Evan smith guest board. Id this board a squared shape or not?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2021, 09:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

From what I can see they are not so square shaped. Only 8.5 I can find is the Evan smith guest board. Id this board a squared shape or not?

The Evan Smith scum co has a longer wb something like 14.3 I believe

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2021, 10:24:47 PM »
anyone know the dims of the newest 9 inch grimple hewitt/gerwer? hoping for a wb under 14.5

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2021, 12:58:11 AM »
anyone know the dims of the newest 9 inch grimple hewitt/gerwer? hoping for a wb under 14.5

I haven’t seen this yet but I’m guessing it’s a 15wb bc that’s what the standard 9 dlx shape is

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »

Been looking around for a looong time for this.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2021, 01:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not a perfect match, but right in the middle, the Hockey Donovan 8.38 shape has a 14.12 wb, about 31.875 overall. I pick this shape up 99% of the time because I'm in the same boat (looking for a squared 8.5" with a 14" wb) and it suffices.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2021, 01:27:09 PM »
noticed i have a few boards in better shape than my current one, so i set up one of the old ones and then also did a bearing cleaning and all. it happens to be a 917 that measures 8.38 with a 14 inch wheelbase, but still probably almost 32 inches? so pretty long tail and nose. i remember this skating pretty good. i just pushed around on it and did a few ollies and it pops way easier than my old baker og 8.25 with a 14.25 wheelbase on ventures 5.6. no idea what that 917 board is even called or where it was made, i just assumed it was bbs back when i bought it but didn't do all the checks.

edit: i forgot, i also found an old lurkville 8.5 that measured a 14.1 wheelbase, doesn't seem to be warped. i remember keeping this to shape it into a cruiser, but maybe i just set up a second board with the 149 indys i have laying around in parts.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2021, 02:48:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not a perfect match, but right in the middle, the Hockey Donovan 8.38 shape has a 14.12 wb, about 31.875 overall. I pick this shape up 99% of the time because I'm in the same boat (looking for a squared 8.5" with a 14" wb) and it suffices.

I just picked one of these up as well figuring that it would be close enough to an 8.5 14 wb. Haven’t set it up yet, but laying it on top of a dlx 8.5, the fa 8.38 is actually just as wide if not wider overall

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2021, 02:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just picked one of these up as well figuring that it would be close enough to an 8.5 14 wb. Haven’t set it up yet, but laying it on top of a dlx 8.5, the fa 8.38 is actually just as wide if not wider overall

That too. I had one from a few drops ago, the cobra graphic, and it was pretty much an 8.5.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2021, 06:38:00 AM »
Willing to bet this will be a good contender:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2BwoCjZa_/?igshid=59prirx5lzuk

Also doom sayers 8.4 shovel nose is a good option! Anyone know the wheelbase of 8.25 square DOAs?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year