Author Topic: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)  (Read 11649 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 101
Re: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm curious about Jawn Gardner's custom pro shape that's 8.8" wide with a 14" wb. I know he likes skating Creature's stump shapes, but that's even stumpier than usual.

Would it be too weird to ride for transition and such?
[close]

I think itíd be great in transition. Nice and wide but the short wb would let you turn pretty sharply. I really enjoy transition on a 14.25 wb and Iím sure 14 is great too, especially with the wider deck

Cool. I've always been under the impression a longer wheelbase was good for transition. But regardless, I'm a short dude, so anything 14.25 and shorter is always welcomed.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »
I'm curious about Jawn Gardner's custom pro shape that's 8.8" wide with a 14" wb. I know he likes skating Creature's stump shapes, but that's even stumpier than usual.

It's a TT - I was almost fully erect but then I saw the length; it's a chode.

LENGTH 31.42 in
WIDTH 8.84 in
WHEEL BASE14.0 in
NOSE LENGTH 6.61 in
TAIL LENGTH 6.61 in
CONCAVE Medium

TastyBurrito

« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2021, 08:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

LENGTH 31.42 in
WIDTH 8.84 in
WHEEL BASE14.0 in
NOSE LENGTH 6.61 in
TAIL LENGTH 6.61 in
CONCAVE Medium

Excuse my ignorance, but whatís a TT?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2021, 08:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

LENGTH 31.42 in
WIDTH 8.84 in
WHEEL BASE14.0 in
NOSE LENGTH 6.61 in
TAIL LENGTH 6.61 in
CONCAVE Medium
[close]

Twin tail

For people who want to ride the board both ways mainly, but I know some people like the shorter nose too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • 35th Ave Skates
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2021, 08:15:05 PM »

I have a feeling those specs are a little off, Iíve noticed nhs posted dims are always a little different than the actual ones. Maybe we measure differently. But the nose and tail lengths seem to not match up for me usually.

TastyBurrito

« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

LENGTH 31.42 in
WIDTH 8.84 in
WHEEL BASE14.0 in
NOSE LENGTH 6.61 in
TAIL LENGTH 6.61 in
CONCAVE Medium
[close]

[close]

Twin tail

For people who want to ride the board both ways mainly, but I know some people like the shorter nose too.

Gotcha. And thanks. I saw the email and was curious when they called it a twin nose and tail.

off

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »
any word on how steep the tail(s) are on that shape? really tempted to spend when i shouldnt, i can let that be the deal breaker

hobochimp

• Rep: 4
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
any word on how steep the tail(s) are on that shape? really tempted to spend when i shouldnt, i can let that be the deal breaker

It has a sticker that says ďClassic Creature ConcaveĒ so if youíre familiar with nhs decks at all then itís gonna be pretty much the same as those. My experience is they tend to be a bit more on the steep side especially in the kicks. Havenít skated one in a long time but Iíve held plenty and seen them in person regularly

Looks like a sick shape to me. Iíve kind of always imagined a board like that. Short, wide and twin tail. Curious to see if anyone picks one up and what they think

off

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2021, 08:40:38 AM »
damn, this looks so cool but 31.5" is just too short for me

https://rosestreetskateshop.com/products/heroin-symmetrical-egg-9-0
Width: 9"
Length: 31.5"
Wheelbase: 14.125"
Nose: 6.625"
Tail: 6.625"

TastyBurrito

« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It has a sticker that says ďClassic Creature ConcaveĒ so if youíre familiar with nhs decks at all then itís gonna be pretty much the same as those. My experience is they tend to be a bit more on the steep side especially in the kicks. Havenít skated one in a long time but Iíve held plenty and seen them in person regularly

Looks like a sick shape to me. Iíve kind of always imagined a board like that. Short, wide and twin tail. Curious to see if anyone picks one up and what they think

Didn't realize that the Creature Stumps 8.5 is the same dimension as the Quasi decks I like to ride - 8.5W x 32L x 14.25 WB. Didn't realize how long their WBs usually are.

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2021, 10:02:51 PM »
can anybody list some popsicle decks that are at least 8.75, less than but can be 14.5 wb? all the habitat aws and hockey ones so far are either sold out or not available in the us

TastyBurrito

« Reply #311 on: May 09, 2021, 10:18:16 PM »
can anybody list some popsicle decks that are at least 8.75, less than but can be 14.5 wb? all the habitat aws and hockey ones so far are either sold out or not available in the us

Quasi 8.75 is a 14.5wb, basically the same shape as the Hockey 8.75.

culdesac

• Rep: -7
« Reply #312 on: May 09, 2021, 11:07:36 PM »

Tactics and Skate Warehouse will let you search their decks by size and wheelbase. Quick look shows the Heroin Craig Questions Giallo deck is 8.75 with 14.5 wb, same for the Blood Wizard Kowalski Dragon Slayer.

spanyard

• Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2021, 06:29:31 AM »

This would be antithetical to WBSWB.

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
thx guys also yeah good point but ive had to resort to longer wheelbases cause of the board drought, hopefully the af1 can reduce the wheelbase enough so it doesnt feel too off from what im used to

spanyard

• Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2021, 09:00:05 AM »
thx guys also yeah good point but ive had to resort to longer wheelbases cause of the board drought, hopefully the af1 can reduce the wheelbase enough so it doesnt feel too off from what im used to

I hear ya.  I'll keep an eye out.  Some times AWS has wider than 8.5" in a 14.25-14.5 range.

Zark

• Rep: 3
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2021, 12:04:02 PM »
Been skating a madness, but had to settle for an 8.75/14.25 and I really don't like skating under a 9". The wood is really good but the tail is a bit mellow for my liking.

I tried the dead dave double shovel for one session and did not like it at all, the tail was too stubby and the wood just felt dead, maybe cause it's dipped? The stubby tail with the shovel shape made it feel like my foot was falling off the tail when setting up. I think I 've been spoiled lately with the china wood being super crispy, going back to BBS, they feel dull/heavy?

I miss my 9" creature stump, the tail was the steepness I liked, and stayed pretty crispy throughout. Creature replied to me in IG that a stump drop was coming soon, but that was like 3 weeks ago. I really like the Gardner spook for the wheelbase but I know 8.8  at the widest point means it's gonna be like 8.5 at the bolts.