Author Topic: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)  (Read 80931 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2021, 02:48:05 PM »
Pass Port LOOT ~ SPADE
8.875 X 31.25 X 14.25 WB

Loot ~ Spade Deck (8.875)

Loot ~ Spade Deck (8.875)

I have a passport spade on ice at the moment, pretty much the polar surf shape with a few very minor tweaks

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1040
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2021, 04:04:41 PM »
Woah that's a great looking shape! Are Passports BBS?

Yes, always have been since Trent moved from Brisbane to Sydney and changed up his plan, but the concave is more mellow through the board (flatter than DLX) with kicks that range from mellow to sometimes steep, depending on what you get, and always brown stain, same as Magenta.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

pinkeye fieri

• Rep: 1
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2021, 06:19:07 PM »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2021, 07:01:44 PM »

sk8_qi

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2021, 01:38:50 AM »

I would be checking on that board because those dimensions just don't add up.  Those dimensions do make me think of Alien Workshop decks though, which had super long nose and tail with short wheelbase and overall normal length.

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.5"
Length: 32"
Wheelbase: 14"
Nose: 7.38"
Tail: 7"

Every Baker board I have seen that is 8.5 has had more the 14.5 wheelbase, but the 8.475 size is the short board, same as they have advertised on:

https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction

SIZE                     8.475     8.5
LENGTH             31.875"     32"
WHEEL BASE    14.25"     14.5"

I skated a Deathwish 8.475 and currently on a Baker 8.475 with Venture 5.8 and SF 54mm Radial. Nice balance of everything.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2021, 01:47:46 AM »
I do wish more 8.5's had 14.25 WB, like Numbers and I think some DLX models. I've recently noticed I prefer 14.25 over 14.5 and could deal with a 14.38 in a pinch.
Not sure if I could go smaller than 14.25 since I run Indys.
Appreciate this thread and everyone adding information to it for us to use!
Super Champion Fun Zone

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2021, 07:29:55 AM »
I do wish more 8.5's had 14.25 WB, like Numbers and I think some DLX models. I've recently noticed I prefer 14.25 over 14.5 and could deal with a 14.38 in a pinch.

IDK if you are opposed to crail wood but currently skating the G033 shape (8.5"x32", 14.25" WB) and it is perfect. Prefer it to the 8.5" AWS and Hockey boards I've skated with similar dimensions.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2021, 10:54:55 AM »
measured a habitat 8.75 and it was @14.125wb....listed as 14.25

squarish/blunted kicks. trying to avoid getting 5.8s, would 5.6 work?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »

There’s gonna be a lotta magic in that carpet (assuming theres no taper). Wouldn’t work for me personally but load up speed rings on the inside and it should be good, especially if you already prefer the magic carpet feel.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2021, 11:27:38 AM »

The Slave 8.5 has a 14.25” WB. I have bought 4 in a row. It’s on BBS as well. As long as the keep making it I am going to keep buying it.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 904
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2021, 11:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated this Fancy Lad shape? Says the WB is 13.75....

https://www.tactics.com/fancy-lad/cats-feeding-90-skateboard-deck/black
https://www.fancyladskateboards.com/products/cats-feeding-9-shaped

Would definitely be interested in trying it.
[close]

I ordered this board after seeing your post, I never spotted this board anywhere online before so big thanks to you. This short wheelbase with some Ace's is going to be insane turning I can't wait.
[close]

I’m heavily debating it, let me know how it is!

@Diocletian have you gotten this yet???

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2021, 11:42:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There’s gonna be a lotta magic in that carpet (assuming theres no taper). Wouldn’t work for me personally but load up speed rings on the inside and it should be good, especially if you already prefer the magic carpet feel.
speed rings is a must
5.8s would be ideal but im trying to complete my 6.1 collection with the hollows before i get them.

or i can stop being so picky and ride trucks that fit lol
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Fhk

« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »

They would be weird imo bud, I don't think wide wheels and double inside speed rings would help.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
speed rings is a must
5.8s would be ideal but im trying to complete my 6.1 collection with the hollows before i get them.

You mentioned liking the 5.6 on an 8.5 Hockey, so if you were into that you'll be good. Shape is pretty similar, though longer tail and less blunt overall.

Fhk

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2021, 02:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
speed rings is a must

[close]

You mentioned liking the 5.6 on an 8.5 Hockey, so if you were into that you'll be good. Shape is pretty similar, though longer tail and less blunt overall.
Oh I thought he wanted 8.25 trucks on a 8.75 board..making a .5 difference. I thought that seemed a little much.

Diocletian

« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2021, 02:49:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated this Fancy Lad shape? Says the WB is 13.75....

https://www.tactics.com/fancy-lad/cats-feeding-90-skateboard-deck/black
https://www.fancyladskateboards.com/products/cats-feeding-9-shaped

Would definitely be interested in trying it.
[close]

I ordered this board after seeing your post, I never spotted this board anywhere online before so big thanks to you. This short wheelbase with some Ace's is going to be insane turning I can't wait.
[close]

I’m heavily debating it, let me know how it is!
[close]

@Diocletian have you gotten this yet???

I'm sending the board back. It tapers so much at the back truck that 44's stick out past the board.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2021, 03:30:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
speed rings is a must

[close]

[close]
Oh I thought he wanted 8.25 trucks on a 8.75 board..making a .5 difference. I thought that seemed a little much.

Nope, you were right. For whatever reason I misread as 8.5".

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2021, 03:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
speed rings is a must

[close]

[close]

I agree .5 is a lot, but Baker boys ran it for years and did some fucked up shit with it. Tommy Sandoval runs a .525 difference too. With speed rings and wider wheels it could definitely be manageable, at least if you’re into the magic carpet feel.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Slave 8.5 has a 14.25” WB. I have bought 4 in a row. It’s on BBS as well. As long as the keep making it I am going to keep buying it.

I was tempted by the 8.5" Slave a while back but went with the 8.675 instead, as the shape of the nose/tail was more of what I prefer, compared to the 8.5 being not as "full". I will give it another look since the dims sound like they may be right up my alley! :D

IDK if you are opposed to crail wood but currently skating the G033 shape (8.5"x32", 14.25" WB) and it is perfect. Prefer it to the 8.5" AWS and Hockey boards I've skated with similar dimensions.

I'm not that hyped on Crail wood currently because nearly every board I've recently stood on or bought from them (one 8.5 Chocolate and a 9.25 powerslide shape) was wayyyy too flat/mellow for what I usually like. The tail also felt pretty short, which I wasn't feeling on an 8.5 I had. Maybe there's an 8.5 shape I haven't seen/tried yet, so I can always give them another go. Idk if the G033 was the one I had or not. Appreciate the suggestion!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Zark

• Rep: 6
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2021, 11:14:03 PM »
Still loving my 9" 14.25" Creature stump, my first non BBS deck and it's holding up surprisingly well, even living in my car and semi wet winter seshes, the pop is still there. Have a heroin 9" 14.25 questions call of the wild deck waiting in the wings but the creature still has a  lot of life left.

Also the Donovan rice 10"ATM click has a 14.1 " wb it's my cruiser setup

rawbacon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2021, 01:42:26 AM »

street plant barkyard
9.5 x 32, 14” wb
thunder 151
spitfire conical full 53mm 99a
bronson g3
random hardware
jessup

also have a set of 58mm conical fulls i might try with this deck.
where did you find a streetplant board? they seem like theyre unobtainable till march, i think thats what the website said?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2021, 07:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I was tempted by the 8.5" Slave a while back but went with the 8.675 instead, as the shape of the nose/tail was more of what I prefer, compared to the 8.5 being not as "full". I will give it another look since the dims sound like they may be right up my alley! :D

Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not that hyped on Crail wood currently because nearly every board I've recently stood on or bought from them (one 8.5 Chocolate and a 9.25 powerslide shape) was wayyyy too flat/mellow for what I usually like. The tail also felt pretty short, which I wasn't feeling on an 8.5 I had. Maybe there's an 8.5 shape I haven't seen/tried yet, so I can always give them another go. Idk if the G033 was the one I had or not. Appreciate the suggestion!

Yeah, I love flat/mellow boards so those are perfect. The 033 has like a 6.625 tail, not the biggest but in a perfect world they would pull a little more from the WB and make the tail longer.

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2021, 01:50:29 PM »
anyone know hows crail wood these days? i kinda want a couch shape for the short wheelbase, anybody got a review on those shape wise?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2021, 01:58:49 PM »
Loved my couch shape, could do all my regular tricks on it the day I set it up. New wood is not as bad as their old wood, and not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I actually like it and it doesn’t bag out after exactly 14 days like some other brand whose name I won’t mention ;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »
I skated a loveseat (9" couch) last spring and I have another one on ice. The shape itself is great. The nose and tail are super long and have a ton of flat, so it doesn't feel cramped for ollies over stuff or whatever while still having the responsiveness of a short WB. When I had Aces on it, it had such a good manual point that even a nitwit like me could hold them forever.

The new Craig wood feels nice...light, stiff, and doesn't sog out BUT it pressure cracks during the first session. My current one had multiple pressure cracks on the nose and tail as well after a few weeks of skating. The board still feels nice and snappy, so it seems cosmetic. Im a low impact guy but also just shy of 200lbs, so that probably plays into it.

Loved my couch shape, could do all my regular tricks on it the day I set it up. New wood is not as bad as their old wood, and not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I actually like it and it doesn’t bag out after exactly 14 days like some other brand whose name I won’t mention ;)

Name names, GISM.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2021, 02:24:35 PM »
I skated a loveseat (9" couch) last spring and I have another one on ice. The shape itself is great. The nose and tail are super long and have a ton of flat, so it doesn't feel cramped for ollies over stuff or whatever while still having the responsiveness of a short WB. When I had Aces on it, it had such a good manual point that even a nitwit like me could hold them forever.

The new Craig wood feels nice...light, stiff, and doesn't sog out BUT it pressure cracks during the first session. My current one had multiple pressure cracks on the nose and tail as well after a few weeks of skating. The board still feels nice and snappy, so it seems cosmetic. Im a low impact guy but also just shy of 200lbs, so that probably plays into it.

Expand Quote
[close]

Name names, GISM.

Exactly my experience too...i just cant look down at the cracks! Im waiting for the day they make those shapes in their pop secret construction!

anti-bolts

• andy shitcock
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2021, 03:47:52 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Name names, GISM.

damn, kind of scared that ill snap it down something since im not too heavy but i do go down drops often. compared to bbs, would you say that it's on par?

Fhk

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Name names, GISM.
[close]

damn, kind of scared that ill snap it down something since im not too heavy but i do go down drops often. compared to bbs, would you say that it's on par?
They are not on par with BBS but I don't think they would break on anything that other companies wouldn't as well. In other words IMO don't be scared bud.

anti-bolts

• andy shitcock
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2021, 04:24:05 PM »
alright but since i dont have money to spend all the time, ill probably get it on sale. anyone got codes for sw or socal?

midlife crisis.

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2021, 04:48:42 PM »
Expand Quote

street plant barkyard
9.5 x 32, 14” wb
thunder 151
spitfire conical full 53mm 99a
bronson g3
random hardware
jessup

also have a set of 58mm conical fulls i might try with this deck.
[close]
where did you find a streetplant board? they seem like theyre unobtainable till march, i think thats what the website said?

bought it back in november and held off in setting it up until my son was finished using the trucks.