Author Topic: European sale gear thread  (Read 20917 times)

smoothbrain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
Re: European sale gear thread
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2021, 06:43:27 AM »
Semi off-topic… anyone in the UK got experience of buying from the US/EU/CA in terms of duties and taxes?

It really depends on the company and what you are ordering, I've got a few bits from carpet before brexit and a few bits from shops and people in france after brexit without import tax but then i got another carpet board from the states and payed £60 in imports

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2021, 03:52:42 AM »
arrow&beast (shops in stuttgart + paris) has a big sale. lots of fa/dime/917/nike etc.

https://arrowandbeast.com/collections/sale

Thanks. Went through the sales section and there is a Thames umbrella at a discount for 100 Euros. Hilarious!

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2021, 10:23:15 AM »
How long do you guys skate a board for? I moved here last month and the boards I shipped from the states are all MIA so I'm forced to buy a Christmas complete... Looking like almost $300 (USD). Crazy.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 10:56:32 PM »
Usually 1 month = 1 board but I want to skate them longer.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2021, 12:17:17 AM »
I try to skate 3+ months with a board coz of the money. You could look for decks on sale but to make sure that the decks are from this year (just look the brands annual drops to see the model). I just bought scumco board from this spring collection that was on sale for 50 euro. Jart and cruzade are also 50 euro but i think it is better if you find bbs decks (dlx brands, polar, passport, the killing floor...) coz they last longer, or eventually r7 dwindle decks on sale.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2021, 02:57:05 AM »
I ended up just buying a Mob (?) complete, it was a German brand. No clue about the brand itself but I didn't want to spend a lot when my other boards are on the way. It doesn't feel too bad though, just heavy.

El Freegano

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2021, 07:24:47 AM »
I think Mob complete is a good deal for 100 euro. Never tried them but i read the decks are with rasin epoxy glue, the trucks are polster, another german brand that have the same geometry like thunder, and the wheels are probably cheap shit. I am interested to hear your feedback on the trucks though. the complete is with the standard trucks that are a bit heavier (they also have lights versions), but what about the metal, the grinding, the turning, the durability?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2021, 08:25:58 AM »
I think Mob complete is a good deal for 100 euro. Never tried them but i read the decks are with rasin epoxy glue, the trucks are polster, another german brand that have the same geometry like thunder, and the wheels are probably cheap shit. I am interested to hear your feedback on the trucks though. the complete is with the standard trucks that are a bit heavier (they also have lights versions), but what about the metal, the grinding, the turning, the durability?

They are literally off branded thunders. A friend of mine had some at some point and they felt fine. You’ll be alright  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

newguy

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2021, 03:27:53 PM »
Respect. As someone from Canada I can honestly say I have wasted hours of my life on that thread. I think I like seeing other people spend money on things I want at a lower price. America has some fucked up deals.

I might be wrong but from my very limited understanding of economics and consumer markets, isn’t it because the domestic market in America is fantastically large? Most of my mates who travelled to the US always mention how cheap shoes and clothes are there compared to Europe as well.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2021, 03:26:08 AM »
Freedom has 20% in most of their stuff including hardware. Just got some Ventres V-hollow for the price of regular ones and Kaue’s first Habitat board… all 130€ W/grip and shipping, ain’t bad… https://www.freedomskateshop.at/en/new-arrivals

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2021, 04:08:34 AM »
Freedom has 20% in most of their stuff including hardware. Just got some Ventres V-hollow for the price of regular ones and Kaue’s first Habitat board… all 130€ W/grip and shipping, ain’t bad… https://www.freedomskateshop.at/en/new-arrivals

Hell yeah, that's my Local!

All good dudes doing that shop!

Love to see it

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2021, 05:54:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Respect. As someone from Canada I can honestly say I have wasted hours of my life on that thread. I think I like seeing other people spend money on things I want at a lower price. America has some fucked up deals.
[close]

I might be wrong but from my very limited understanding of economics and consumer markets, isn’t it because the domestic market in America is fantastically large? Most of my mates who travelled to the US always mention how cheap shoes and clothes are there compared to Europe as well.

EU puts an import tax on companies that are based outside of EU, usually around 30% give or take.

So even if a Polar board is made in the same factory as a Quasi, it will still be about 10€+ cheaper because the company is registered in Europe.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2021, 09:29:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

EU puts an import tax on companies that are based outside of EU, usually around 30% give or take.

So even if a Polar board is made in the same factory as a Quasi, it will still be about 10€+ cheaper because the company is registered in Europe.
What are your sources on that ? The import tax for sport goods in the EU is 2,7% no matter where the company is registered

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2021, 02:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
What are your sources on that ? The import tax for sport goods in the EU is 2,7% no matter where the company is registered

Anecdotal experience
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2021, 11:57:10 PM »
Hey I had to check it. It really depends what Tarif number you or the customs agent uses to import he goods. The one has 25% penalty for US goods + the 2,7% and the one just the 2,7%. And there are some loopholes that can be used.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2021, 07:13:43 AM »
Any leads on some good sale action? Have some cash to burn.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
Any leads on some good sale action? Have some cash to burn.
arrowandbeast

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2021, 06:26:58 AM »
I try to skate 3+ months with a board coz of the money. You could look for decks on sale but to make sure that the decks are from this year (just look the brands annual drops to see the model). I just bought scumco board from this spring collection that was on sale for 50 euro. Jart and cruzade are also 50 euro but i think it is better if you find bbs decks (dlx brands, polar, passport, the killing floor...) coz they last longer, or eventually r7 dwindle decks on sale.

Where did u find scumco in europe? Seen some cool shapes from them

El Freegano

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2021, 11:36:22 AM »
They have some decks from this spring that ar eon sale right now. Here you can find two models of David Abair 8.25 and one team deck 8.125 https://www.sprouters.de/?s=scumco&post_type=product
and here there are two other models of Kyle Nicholson (i got this and the dimensions are 8.06/31/14, not like the mentioned in the site 8/31.875) and Downey 8 and 8.25 (which i saw in other site mentioning the dimensions as 8.25/31.75/14.5) https://www.titus-shop.com/en/search?sSearch=scumco They are ps stix and I am very content with the deck after three sessions now. It is definitely a softer and more flexible feel than my other polar board. May be it wont last as long as the polar but it is a pleasure to sk8 it. Go buy now! :D

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2021, 02:20:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hell yeah, that's my Local!

All good dudes doing that shop!

Love to see it

Thanks for recommending freedom, they have a very good selection. Free shipping takes a little bit more than the major euroshops (Titus, Skatedeluxe) but I prefer to support a core shop.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2021, 06:51:30 AM »
lockwood-avenue has a sale going

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2021, 07:01:46 AM »
30% off on all the skate gear at https://no-comply.de. Discount code: #DARK3

just got me my first pair of formula 4's for 40 euros. Aint bad... 👌

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2021, 06:25:17 AM »
https://www.ebay.it/itm/133968994756?mkevt=1&mkcid=16&mkrid=724-127637-2357-0

A friend is selling few camera bits, check it out!!

I’m not sure where to post it, but feel free to share it.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2021, 02:02:27 AM »
15% to 30% extra discount on adidas site (worked on the french site) with the code ZBRW-PLMM-QPT7-WX55Q
Ended up getting the Black Puigs for 51€ instead of 100€ (they are on sale for 60€ now)
Edit: Not sure if it still works  :(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 06:31:19 AM by Turtle Boy »

Jowiththeflow

• Rep: 18
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2022, 11:52:26 AM »
some bargains in Austria:
https://www.freedomskateshop.at/en/
Bought some more Film Trucks for 38€ a set!

Jowiththeflow

• Rep: 18
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2022, 12:56:07 PM »
https://junkyard.com/en/

15% off sale with code EXTRA15

scored a Polar 1991jr (with grip) and some Last Resort suedes for under 40€/each.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2022, 06:30:22 PM »
Vans, at least in sweden, as 10% extra on sale. I got three pairs of Ave's, 50+10% of

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2022, 11:32:49 AM »
Good looking out, I just had a hard time passing on that Deal...

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 31
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2022, 03:06:01 AM »
https://www.titus.de/top-seller-sale/

Relatively cheap F4 classics 54mm (52mm already gone), some Indies for 29, ace classics for 24 and all AH classic eagles for 52.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2022, 08:50:07 AM »
At https://www.titus-shop.com everything 20% off with code SORRY20, it also works on already discounted items.