Author Topic: Pay it forward/freecycle gear  (Read 637 times)

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
Pay it forward/freecycle gear
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:04:58 PM »
As proposed by @funeral_tuxedo , a thread where you can post used/spare/extra gear that you have to either give away locally or send for the cost of shipping (be sure to specify in your post). Free stuff only, if you are trying to sell just make your own thread.

If @admin or another mod sees fit maybe this can get pinned.

Finally, before I forget, I have a set of 56mm Loophole v-cuts with a lot of life if someone in philly wants them. I will post pics later. Prefer not to ship.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
Re: Pay it forward/freecycle gear
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »
Dope, thanks for getting this going

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 06:40:45 AM »
thanks for making this thread @FrozenIndustries

EDIT: the half cab pros found a home with @concerned_parent and I got to give pets to their adorable puppy. I'll post more soon. Thanks Pals.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:55:54 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

IusedToSkateMore

• Rep: 105
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »
As proposed by @funeral_tuxedo , a thread where you can post used/spare/extra gear that you have to either give away locally or send for the cost of shipping (be sure to specify in your post). Free stuff only, if you are trying to sell just make your own thread.

Finally, before I forget, I have a set of 56mm Loophole v-cuts with a lot of life if someone in philly wants them. I will post pics later. Prefer not to ship.

are we sticking to proper skate gear only? I've got some clothing in good shape I'd love to get to pals who need/want pants and stuff
stay high, lay low

yourbreakfsat

• Rep: 92
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
I've donated tons of gear to Bridge To Skate before. They do good work and the person running it, Chantelle, is a really great person.

http://bridgetoskate.org/

https://www.instagram.com/bridgetoskate/

They use gear to help out low income/underdeveloped areas. Broken decks are used for art purposes.

This would be a good place to send stuff to if you have trouble trying to get rid of extra gear but don't want to throw it in the trash.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 02:56:15 PM »
thanks for making this thread @FrozenIndustries

EDIT: I'm having trouble posting images today but I'm planning to add more items

FREE
worn 3 times (never skated) half cab pro 10.5
NYC Queens area contactless pick up only for the time being

First item listed is a fresh pair of Van's Half Cabs, damn!

Great thread @FrozenIndustries and @funeral_tuxedo, lord knows we have too much gear that feeds our madness.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
I've donated tons of gear to Bridge To Skate before. They do good work and the person running it, Chantelle, is a really great person.

They use gear to help out low income/underdeveloped areas. Broken decks are used for art purposes.

This would be a good place to send stuff to if you have trouble trying to get rid of extra gear but don't want to throw it in the trash.

That's super helpful, I know some people would prefer a rout like this so it is good to have resources like this listed.

Expand Quote

[close]

are we sticking to proper skate gear only? I've got some clothing in good shape I'd love to get to pals who need/want pants and stuff

Use your discretion, but I am sure there are people here who may need them so go for it.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 35
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
I have a few used polar and theories boards size 8.25 available and some used sets of size 54 F4 spits if anyone in the Orlando area needs them.
Popwars a good influence for the kids

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -255
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »
I have a few used polar and theories boards size 8.25 available and some used sets of size 54 F4 spits if anyone in the Orlando area needs them.
I live in south Floriduh, anyway I can pay for shipping?
Dueces Bitch's

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 07:44:17 AM »
i have these listed on my poshmark for next to nothing, but if someone here wants them for the cost of shipping they're all yours.

skated sk8-hi pro's size 10. good amount of grip left and not terrible damage to either shoe, but definitely skated.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vans-Sk8Hi-Pro-5ffe355c7ec30c8bd159a35a

well worn vault slip on's size 10. i have two other pairs and these ones just sit and collect dust (as you can see). still in great shape, good old black canvas trusty slip ons.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vans-Vault-Slip-On-5ffe34a6ff83046f0faf3bf6

i probably have some old wheels or something that can be contributed as well. i'll definitely be back.
good come sausage

Trashcon

• Rep: 39
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »

Thanks, great resource.

beatifk

• Rep: 55
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:33:45 AM »
I've got:

- Some old bones STF that are down to about 50mm
- Some weird embryo wheels that I forgot where they came from about 52mm
- a bunch of old decks. No razor tail or huge wear but I like buying new decks more often than I need so now I have a stack. Quasi popsicles, an Ishod twin, and a few odd shaped decks all in the 8.25-8.5 range.
- pair of Thunder Hollow Light 148s. Skated for a year and decided I don't like them and would rather skate Ace or Indy

I'm in Northern Italy. Come and get 'em. I don't have a ton of free time to wait in line at the shipping place so I don't feel like shipping them.

I'm sure it's a long shot as there's not a lot of skateboarders in this part of the world, but if anyone wants them let me know when you want to come get them. I can meet you somewhere too if its a cool place like Padova or Bologna or Verona or wherever.

Otherwise I will drop them at the skatespot next time it's not wet and rainy.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 04:43:37 AM »
big shouts to @funeral_tuxedo, picked up those half cabs from him while walking my pup the other day! thanks again and awesome idea of a thread!
good come sausage