Author Topic: Pay it forward/freecycle gear  (Read 8019 times)

FrozenIndustries

Pay it forward/freecycle gear
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:04:58 PM »
As proposed by @funeral_tuxedo , a thread where you can post used/spare/extra gear that you have to either give away locally or send for the cost of shipping (be sure to specify in your post). Free stuff only, if you are trying to sell just make your own thread.

If @admin or another mod sees fit maybe this can get pinned.

Finally, before I forget, I have a set of 56mm Loophole v-cuts with a lot of life if someone in philly wants them. I will post pics later. Prefer not to ship.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
Re: Pay it forward/freecycle gear
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »
Dope, thanks for getting this going

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 06:40:45 AM »
thanks for making this thread @FrozenIndustries

EDIT: the half cab pros found a home with @concerned_parent and I got to give pets to their adorable puppy. I'll post more soon. Thanks Pals.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:55:54 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »
As proposed by @funeral_tuxedo , a thread where you can post used/spare/extra gear that you have to either give away locally or send for the cost of shipping (be sure to specify in your post). Free stuff only, if you are trying to sell just make your own thread.

Finally, before I forget, I have a set of 56mm Loophole v-cuts with a lot of life if someone in philly wants them. I will post pics later. Prefer not to ship.

are we sticking to proper skate gear only? I've got some clothing in good shape I'd love to get to pals who need/want pants and stuff
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
I've donated tons of gear to Bridge To Skate before. They do good work and the person running it, Chantelle, is a really great person.

http://bridgetoskate.org/

https://www.instagram.com/bridgetoskate/

They use gear to help out low income/underdeveloped areas. Broken decks are used for art purposes.

This would be a good place to send stuff to if you have trouble trying to get rid of extra gear but don't want to throw it in the trash.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 02:56:15 PM »
thanks for making this thread @FrozenIndustries

EDIT: I'm having trouble posting images today but I'm planning to add more items

FREE
worn 3 times (never skated) half cab pro 10.5
NYC Queens area contactless pick up only for the time being

First item listed is a fresh pair of Van's Half Cabs, damn!

Great thread @FrozenIndustries and @funeral_tuxedo, lord knows we have too much gear that feeds our madness.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
I've donated tons of gear to Bridge To Skate before. They do good work and the person running it, Chantelle, is a really great person.

They use gear to help out low income/underdeveloped areas. Broken decks are used for art purposes.

This would be a good place to send stuff to if you have trouble trying to get rid of extra gear but don't want to throw it in the trash.

That's super helpful, I know some people would prefer a rout like this so it is good to have resources like this listed.

Expand Quote

[close]

are we sticking to proper skate gear only? I've got some clothing in good shape I'd love to get to pals who need/want pants and stuff

Use your discretion, but I am sure there are people here who may need them so go for it.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »
I have a few used polar and theories boards size 8.25 available and some used sets of size 54 F4 spits if anyone in the Orlando area needs them.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »
I have a few used polar and theories boards size 8.25 available and some used sets of size 54 F4 spits if anyone in the Orlando area needs them.
I live in south Floriduh, anyway I can pay for shipping?
Dueces Bitch's

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 07:44:17 AM »
i have these listed on my poshmark for next to nothing, but if someone here wants them for the cost of shipping they're all yours.

skated sk8-hi pro's size 10. good amount of grip left and not terrible damage to either shoe, but definitely skated.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vans-Sk8Hi-Pro-5ffe355c7ec30c8bd159a35a

well worn vault slip on's size 10. i have two other pairs and these ones just sit and collect dust (as you can see). still in great shape, good old black canvas trusty slip ons.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vans-Vault-Slip-On-5ffe34a6ff83046f0faf3bf6

i probably have some old wheels or something that can be contributed as well. i'll definitely be back.
good come sausage

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »

Thanks, great resource.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:33:45 AM »
I've got:

- Some old bones STF that are down to about 50mm
- Some weird embryo wheels that I forgot where they came from about 52mm
- a bunch of old decks. No razor tail or huge wear but I like buying new decks more often than I need so now I have a stack. Quasi popsicles, an Ishod twin, and a few odd shaped decks all in the 8.25-8.5 range.
- pair of Thunder Hollow Light 148s. Skated for a year and decided I don't like them and would rather skate Ace or Indy

I'm in Northern Italy. Come and get 'em. I don't have a ton of free time to wait in line at the shipping place so I don't feel like shipping them.

I'm sure it's a long shot as there's not a lot of skateboarders in this part of the world, but if anyone wants them let me know when you want to come get them. I can meet you somewhere too if its a cool place like Padova or Bologna or Verona or wherever.

Otherwise I will drop them at the skatespot next time it's not wet and rainy.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 04:43:37 AM »
big shouts to @funeral_tuxedo, picked up those half cabs from him while walking my pup the other day! thanks again and awesome idea of a thread!
good come sausage

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 12:00:55 PM »
yoooooo homies. cleaning out the threads

I've got a pair of mint Levi's 514 denim 32x30 for anyone who wants to pay shipping, which would be about $8-12 USD. Nice and comfy denim, bought them for a job that didn't end up requiring me to wear that sort of pants.

Also, for y'all who wanna get your ragamuffin look on point, i'v got some faded grey 511s in 32x29, replete with bike chain grease and some dirt stains from work. these were my go to pants for a couple years and they're broken in as fuck with that nice loose feeling that broken in Levi's get. If you like the 511, these are good skate/work pants for sure. Again, probably ship for $8-12USD.

shoot me a DM if you're interested
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 08:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I live in south Floriduh, anyway I can pay for shipping?

If you’re in Miami I’ll be down that way soon, shoot me a PM.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »
^ I'm not sure it's a good idea to post your phone number and general location on a public forum :v

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 02:58:34 AM »
^ I'm not sure it's a good idea to post your phone number and general location on a public forum :v
Come see me then, not like my info isn’t available.
Dueces Bitch's

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 10:10:09 AM »
Anyone in Portland, Oregon looking for some size 9 or 9.5 shoes?

Got some brand new adidas skate shoes-

Send me a DM

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 07:30:51 AM »
Got some stuff I’d like to go to a good home if you’re in the Orange County area. If anything on this list is an absolute must for you and you’re not in greater Southern California shoot me a PM and we can figure out shipping.

Older F4s, started as 56s
Purple/teal swirl Orbs wheels 52 or 53, newish
Polar decks - 1991 shape and 8.5 popsicle. Skated but not dead - not trying to ship these.
DC Evan Smith Hi Zeros, Orange w/black sole sz 10, lightly skated.
Huf Dylan lace up, black suede white soles, sz 10.5, some yellowing of the sole, worn regularly but not skated.
Huf Hupper Hi, Green suede size 10. Lightly skated
NB 913 sz 10, cream suede gum sole, lightly skated

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:29:58 PM by Enrico Pallazzo »

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 02:02:09 PM »
Got some stuff I’d like to go to a good home if you’re in the Orange County area. If anything on this list is an absolute must for you and you’re not in greater Southern California shoot me a PM and we can figure out shipping.

Older F4s, started as 56s.
Purple/teal swirl Orbs wheels 52 or 53, newish
Polar decks - 1991 shape and 8.5 popsicle. Skated but not dead.
DC Evan Smith Hi Zeros, Orange w/black sole sz 10, lightly skated.
Huf Dylan lace up, black suede white soles, sz 10.5, some yellowing of the sole, worn regularly but not skated.
Huf Hupper Hi, Green suede size 10. Lightly skated
NB 913 sz 10, cream suede gum sole, lightly skated
PM'd you dog...
Dueces Bitch's

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 01:59:26 AM »
Anyone in Australia let me know if you want some grey Emerica Americana's for the price of postage. Size 10 but they run small so would fit a 9 or maybe 9.5. They'll need insoles too as I used them in some other shoes. I wore them once so they're basically new.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 09:24:30 AM »
If you live in Los Angeles, preferably the east side since I live in echo park, and wear a size 10 I have some DC Legacy Slims for you. I bought a bunch of pairs on sale like a lunatic, but I realized two pairs in that I need a 10.5 in them. They’ve been sitting in my closet for over a year. Times are tough out there so I’m more likely to just give them away instead of trying to sell them on depop or something. I’d prefer to give them to a slap poster before leaving them at a skatepark
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:57:45 AM by tom »
fuck you bama

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »

Emerica Reynolds High.  Size 9.5.  G6 thin cup sole.  Worn 3-4 times, just a touch small for me.

Useless bonus info, Heath Kirchart was in the room when I bought these from the shop he co-owned in Iowa. 

As long as I don't lose money shipping them, they're yours.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 06:48:16 AM »
Not going to list everything but any Pittsburgh SLAPpers (or anyone passing through) that need a little help to get or keep rolling but don't have a lot of money can always PM me. I've hooked a couple of 412 pals up in the past. I can't promise it'll be pretty or that it'll be your preferred truck brand, woodshop, or wheel size/shape/formula but I've usually got a few things to choose from, especially if you skate similar stuff to me (8.12-8.38 decks with an emphasis on mellower shapes, 53-55mm wheels, 8-8.5" axle trucks).

If you want to throw me a few bucks then it's always appreciated, but not required or expected. Shalom Yinzers.

ish_wav

• Rep: 93
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2021, 07:04:38 PM »
I’ve got brand new 144 mid Indy hangers I don’t need. They come with old nuts. Free to a good home just pay shipping costs!

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2021, 05:16:17 PM »
Not going to list everything but any Pittsburgh SLAPpers (or anyone passing through) that need a little help to get or keep rolling but don't have a lot of money can always PM me. I've hooked a couple of 412 pals up in the past. I can't promise it'll be pretty or that it'll be your preferred truck brand, woodshop, or wheel size/shape/formula but I've usually got a few things to choose from, especially if you skate similar stuff to me (8.12-8.38 decks with an emphasis on mellower shapes, 53-55mm wheels, 8-8.5" axle trucks).

If you want to throw me a few bucks then it's always appreciated, but not required or expected. Shalom Yinzers.
I dunno what it is, but everyone for The ‘Burgh I run across is good people. Two of my best (and oldest) online friends are in Pitts (via Oil City) and my neighbor is a Yinzer too. Sweetest lady ever. Let’s me pet her wiener all the time. And let’s not forget Slap’s own inimitable Mr. Rapedick.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »
Got an 8.8" (14" WB) Creature Jay Howell egg/ football shaped Powerply and 8.5 (14.5" WB) Ishod twin tail. Both pretty well skated but still have life with decent 'pop' in them. Also, some 50mm Spitfire F4 tablets worn down to about 48mm no flatspots. Killer wheels.

Free to anyone that can grab them in Portland area or the N Oregon coast. Will post a pic if someone desires....

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 08:18:36 AM »

Real Mason Silva Full SE 8.06" x 31.5" x 14" wheelbase

Skated once for 20 minutes as I quickly realized I was not meant for the 14" gang (gripped w/ mob)

I'll gladly cover domestic shipping, or can do local pickup/delivery around LA (in 90046)

deck has been spoken for and is off to a new home!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 10:43:28 AM by slutonparade »

coneklr

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 08:37:04 AM »
Gonna be adding a few pair of shoes here as soon as I get time to take some pics.  Stay tuned.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2021, 04:51:47 AM »
I have the following to giveaway, in order to minimize shipping costs I have bundled stuff, totally free for you, just message me with your shipping information and which one you want. Unfortunately has to be limited to US/Canada only

8.1 bundle
Louie FA 8.18
Brad Cromer 8.1
Ace AF1 33 (skated once)

8.25 bundle
Ave FA 8.25
Hockey 8.25
Xl supreme rugby polo (never opened or worn)
Indy 144 titanium

Indy Bundle
Mids 149
53mm conical full 99a spitfire
Bronson ceramics

Madness bundle
8.5 x31.9 x14.25 mellow concave steep kick
8.75x31.9x14.25 mellow concave mellow kick
8.5 jack fardell with gonz artwork (15inch WB)
Tensor mag/regs 149 (never skated)

Pm’d about the 8.25 bundle.