Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 76207 times)

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2021, 12:45:45 PM »
On a good one from some Arrogant Bastards n bong loads at the Santa Monica sand gaps/ledges during the time I was living outta my car...

Skatin solo waiting for the Venice drum circle to start poppin off PJ Ladd showed up... This was right after Really Sorry when he was apparently living with Scuba Steve n heard through a Simi Valley buddy he was kinda weird like he wouldn’t skate around people at all n when there was people at a spot he would just skate by himself in a different area.

Anyways we skated the ledges just me and him for about an hour without speaking. The only words that happened were he kicky 5-0ed the ledge then popping my trick the moment he landed it I pulled a back tail shove it out. Right after he said, ‘We just did doubles’.

Moves I recalled he did were a first try nollie fs heel tail... also he 5-0ed to 5-0ed the gap between the ledges to shove it out first try... Dude was just dickin around in his prime n I somehow witnessed it...

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2021, 03:56:35 PM »
When I was 12, there was a bmx demo in a nearby church's parking lot. I was convinced this one guy was Matt Hoffman and had my mom go up and ask him. He wasn't and probably looked nothing like him but he was flattered
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
probably around 2014ish I was headed into a Clipper's game(team was stacked around this time) at Staples center in downtown LA - I was wearing some Emerica winos and was waiting at a red light to cross the street. Noticed next to me was Heath and I am guessing his girlfriend. He looked me up and down, saw I was wearing Emericas and gave me a head nod

confidence grew tenfold that day
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:34:22 PM by Huell Howser »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2021, 04:31:12 PM »
I was standing in the hotellbar with the Brand manager of Element Europe, when Chad shows up and orders a beer - speaks some profanity to the waitress and throws money in her face. The TM turns around and socks him with a single punch  ;D

can't stop laughing at this

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2021, 04:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Heath has been with the same girl for a long time. And they have a dog. <-- this part matters
[close]

Yeah she was next to him. That was the stranger part straight up, didn’t feel like adding that part. Like I’m saying this as a queer dude, but the vibe I got was she was a straight up beard. I’ve seen queer dudes with beards my whole damn life, I know the vibe.
Now he might not even be queer, he might be a dude who likes watching his chick get fucked or some other type of American mainstream non traditional kink or something, but there is most likely something sexually different. I have no idea what it is, but being Gay is the highest probability, especially after the lap dance story.

edit-ever since this experience with Heath, there’s more I’m leaving out, but it always made me consider him ever since, the guy BA talked about in his coming out documentary as the retired gay skater.
have you considered this was because you did a dylan-esque kickflip while wearing tims?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2021, 04:38:24 PM »
Saw Brandon Novak sitting on the ground in front of Copabanana on South Street one night. Is that weird?

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2021, 04:44:48 PM »
probably around 2014ish I was headed into a Clipper's game(team was stacked around this time) at Staples center in downtown LA - I was wearing some Emerica winos and was waiting at a red light to cross the street. Noticed next to me was Heath and I am guessing his girlfriend. He looked me up and down, saw I was wearing Emericas and gave me a head nod

confidence grew tenfold that day
His thirst for skate rats is insatiable.

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2021, 05:34:37 PM »
Okay here is a good one. My mom happens to know Smolik so that was who she sent me around with to show me San Diego and skate. This was like 2014. He took me to this schoolyard and had a dude bring a generator and lights, the whole deal just to skate a basic ledge. He did some tailslides and whatnot, nothing too crazy but it was still tight to skate with him. We go to this bar afterwards and on the way he makes us do an emergency stop out of nowhere, runs into this head shop and come back 5 minutes later with a whip it setup and a buncha the cartridges or whatever. He goes on to tell us the dude that works there is a mega fan and he can just go in and get pretty much whatever he wants for free. Pretty funny cause I felt bad for the dude just imagining his manager being like 'What happened to the whip it inventory?' 'Oh Peter Smolik came in and I just had to give it all to him for free'. We ended up playing some pool at Champs and B Turner showed up. The drunker Smolik got he started like trying to get me to hit on Brandon's girl lol. It was super awkward. Very interesting day on my weeklong California trip

You are 100% Peter Smolik's illegitimate child.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2021, 05:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote

He kept one of my friends back, the one who invited us and was told to “Bring Chicks”, and proceeded to give a lap dance. We watched through the curtains until Heath stared at us and closed them so quick. We hung out in the hall way for a while after that.

[close]

Yo did one of your homies give heath a fucking lap dance??

Heath gave my friend the Lap Dance

everythingisgreat

« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2021, 05:46:26 PM »
haha alright so that wasnt a typo? were confirming you looked through a window and saw your boy giving heath a lapdance?

was leo still just sitting there watching cheering him on or what was the deal?

sexual preference doesnt even matter, that story is bizarre.

It was a weird night indeed.

free max b

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Okay here is a good one. My mom happens to know Smolik so that was who she sent me around with to show me San Diego and skate. This was like 2014. He took me to this schoolyard and had a dude bring a generator and lights, the whole deal just to skate a basic ledge. He did some tailslides and whatnot, nothing too crazy but it was still tight to skate with him. We go to this bar afterwards and on the way he makes us do an emergency stop out of nowhere, runs into this head shop and come back 5 minutes later with a whip it setup and a buncha the cartridges or whatever. He goes on to tell us the dude that works there is a mega fan and he can just go in and get pretty much whatever he wants for free. Pretty funny cause I felt bad for the dude just imagining his manager being like 'What happened to the whip it inventory?' 'Oh Peter Smolik came in and I just had to give it all to him for free'. We ended up playing some pool at Champs and B Turner showed up. The drunker Smolik got he started like trying to get me to hit on Brandon's girl lol. It was super awkward. Very interesting day on my weeklong California trip
[close]

Agreed.  A mother doesn't just "know" Smolik. She becomes a mother because she knows Smolik.

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2021, 06:01:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He kept one of my friends back, the one who invited us and was told to “Bring Chicks”, and proceeded to give a lap dance. We watched through the curtains until Heath stared at us and closed them so quick. We hung out in the hall way for a while after that.

[close]

[close]

He reminds me of the most power bottom of power bottoms, like he would rip your cock off and own u kind of shit. Straight up the vibes I got, like you know this dude is like a masochistic perfectionist to the nth degree on the gnarliest shit in the world, it just makes too much sense. straight up the vibes I have gotten since this experience, and after. Like that look you just get from another man that's like I want this stud to fuck me in the ass and I'm gonna own that shit like riding fucking el toro.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2021, 06:29:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed.  A mother doesn't just "know" Smolik. She becomes a mother because she knows Smolik.

has Smolik ever taken a selfie with your mom throwing up mafia hands and posted it on his Instagram

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2021, 06:55:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wait, I thought Heath gave the kid a lap dance?? Regardless this is weird and I would have watched through the curtain, too.

[close]

It would straight up not surprise me if Heath was gay. One time I was at an industry event in ghost mode, and so was Heath. I swear to god either Heath  noticed me being out of place where I was, or he was checking me out. To this day, I’ve always pondered if it was the latter, and tbh if Kirchart checked me out that’s a hell of a compliment.
[close]
[close]
always thought heath was gay, bi or maybe just asexual. he always gave off aspergers vibes, too. all these stories about him weirdly lurking spots, having mad ocd when it comes to filming, and the crazy shit he does all of a sudden when he shot the shit with people make it seem even more so. this would also explain the gaze and him sometimes just staring down people.

anyways, he always had this almost asexual aura to me. i'm on that bi/grey/demi spectrum and the weird party stories about heath remind me of shit i would do at parties while others were flirting and trying to hook up. basically disrupt the whole shit because i found it boring and couldn't relate to putting that much energy into getting laid.

i'm probably wrong, but it's funny others feel the same. the heath gay rumor isn't that new anyways. people were suggesting this way back. i think i saw one pic of heath with what looked like it could be a girlfriend, but could have just been a friend. also bar black is in a gay neighborhood? not saying heath is this or that, but it's a hell lot of coincidences so i can see where the speculation comes from.

Fellas, is it gay to look for skate spots in my town?
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2021, 07:35:49 PM »
Saw Brandon Novak sitting on the ground in front of Copabanana on South Street one night. Is that weird?
saw novak going into an apartment on fairmount and in the distance from uber to door two tables of people at a nearby restaurant paused their meals to ask him for a photo

cky enthusiast

« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2021, 07:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
saw novak going into an apartment on fairmount and in the distance from uber to door two tables of people at a nearby restaurant paused their meals to ask him for a photo

“YEO NOVAHK”

blueskynoise

• Rep: 30
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2021, 08:30:17 PM »
I was on vacation around 2012 and decided to check out the Supreme store on Fairfax in LA. Javier Nunez was the only dude working, I was the only person in the store, so when he asked if I wanted my board gripped, I thought sure, why not? He did the worst grip job I think i’ve ever seen. Huge air bubble, shitty cuts, etc.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

“YEO NOVAHK”
i was rolling down my window to give him a “YEOO BAM BAM” but how quickly he got mobbed made me feel bad

everythingisgreat

« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2021, 09:28:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He reminds me of the most power bottom of power bottoms, like he would rip your cock off and own u kind of shit. Straight up the vibes I got, like you know this dude is like a masochistic perfectionist to the nth degree on the gnarliest shit in the world, it just makes too much sense. straight up the vibes I have gotten since this experience, and after. Like that look you just get from another man that's like I want this stud to fuck me in the ass and I'm gonna own that shit like riding fucking el toro.

Lol

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2021, 07:45:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

lol yaaas daddy! this is the content im looking for

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2021, 08:22:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s really you, isn’t it, Cheetah?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2021, 08:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

How horny were you when you wrote this post

Tell us about your boner

nothing's been the since same

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2021, 09:10:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Heath has been with the same girl for a long time. And they have a dog. <-- this part matters
[close]

Yeah she was next to him. That was the stranger part straight up, didn’t feel like adding that part. Like I’m saying this as a queer dude, but the vibe I got was she was a straight up beard. I’ve seen queer dudes with beards my whole damn life, I know the vibe.
Now he might not even be queer, he might be a dude who likes watching his chick get fucked or some other type of American mainstream non traditional kink or something, but there is most likely something sexually different. I have no idea what it is, but being Gay is the highest probability, especially after the lap dance story.

edit-ever since this experience with Heath, there’s more I’m leaving out, but it always made me consider him ever since, the guy BA talked about in his coming out documentary as the retired gay skater.
[close]
have you considered this was because you did a dylan-esque kickflip while wearing tims?

Holy shit I forgot about that. That was the first thing I replied to cheetah about. Thanks for reminding me.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2021, 09:15:05 AM »
slap gay smut arc 2021

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s really you, isn’t it, Cheetah?
It really is.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2021, 10:58:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Tell us about your boner

gnar

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2021, 11:14:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Tell us about your boner
[close]

gnar

Nah, just a weird story. The whole day was fucking strange in general. I met Dill for the first time that day completely unrelated in a completely different place like 12 hours prior. It was out of nowhere too, like of all the times to run into Dill it was that day on the complete opposite side of Los Angeles.

Either way I had seen Heath in passing before. We never said anything to each other, except the occasional nod of affirmation like one guy in here mentioned he does. He's like this fucking modern western gay cowboy of skating. Like he fucking ghosts out at demos and wear's like straw hats and shit, ghosting like a mid life dad, but instead of the new balances and jorts, he's like a fucking urban cowboy, some Clint Eastwood shit. like if you guys have had any experiences with this character, all of this information on here is making me laugh my fucking ass off.

The funniest thing about this, is the day I'm recalling, which was my last time I saw heath, he was not ghosting out in like his old usual swagger. I'll just mention he had a feminine appeal.

TheDingus

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2021, 11:30:31 AM »
One time I heard berra say nigga and I laughed so hard I couldn’t even be mad at the dude

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2021, 11:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Tell us about your boner
[close]

gnar
[close]

Nah, just a weird story. The whole day was fucking strange in general. I met Dill for the first time that day completely unrelated in a completely different place like 12 hours prior. It was out of nowhere too, like of all the times to run into Dill it was that day on the complete opposite side of Los Angeles.

Either way I had seen Heath in passing before. We never said anything to each other, except the occasional nod of affirmation like one guy in here mentioned he does. He's like this fucking modern western gay cowboy of skating. Like he fucking ghosts out at demos and wear's like straw hats and shit, ghosting like a mid life dad, but instead of the new balances and jorts, he's like a fucking urban cowboy, some Clint Eastwood shit. like if you guys have had any experiences with this character, all of this information on here is making me laugh my fucking ass off.

The funniest thing about this, is the day I'm recalling, which was my last time I saw heath, he was not ghosting out in like his old usual swagger. I'll just mention he had a feminine appeal.

If Heath is trans I'll be so stoked.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2021, 03:34:48 PM »
i guess i'll tell my Heath story. prob posted it in some thread at some point but its fun to revisit.

back in ~2007 they were doing the wild ride tour and i went to the demo a couple hours away in some really random small town. shitty indoor park, they probably hated it. lucky for heath they had a snowboard jump and he did a back 360 nosegrab. so sick. it was one of those awful indoor parks with ramps that seemed designed for skaters, rollerbladers and bmxer's all at once. you can probably picture it. after the demo we got word that they would be camping at the campground in my city and the invite was open for people to come have a good time.

at the campground, heath was just sitting on the bumper of a rental car with the trunk open and pounding the case of budweiser he had next to him. me and a couple friends are talking to him and cant believe how normal and nice he is. a lot of the other guys are raging and hes just relaxing. i had no choice but to tell him that his Sight Unseen part was the best thing ever, and he talked about how that was the best compliment he could receive since he worked so hard on that.

the following day i decided to drive another couple hours to the next demo by myself. i was 20, had the day off, and an emerica demo was pretty rare. when i got to the shopping center with the park, both heath and reynolds showed up like 30 minutes before the huge bike squad. i was standing outside the little coffee shop and heath comes up and starts talking to me. wow, he remembered me! we talked for a few and he asked me about the park and then said he was going to go inside to check it out. he comes out and says "im not skating this fucking park" or something along those lines - it was another small indoor park. hes eating a reeses cup (2-pack not the king size) and he says "want a reeses cup?". i wasn't going to eat half his snack but i'll always remember the offer lol.

also - when the demo started he DID skate. he rode up the bank, tried a kickflip and landed as hard as he could with one foot in the middle to snap his board and left. 15 seconds tops. very on brand.