Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 76210 times)

GlenSuggittsflexfit

Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #390 on: March 18, 2021, 07:41:00 AM »
I got one for you guy's, so this was early 2000's.

I was living under a ramp in Chattanooga 8' and 4' they had an escalator type of coping. they had a alcove for random stuff and storage.  I fixed it up and put a double bed inside and lived there for a few years.

Anyways there's a good band and party happening fucking Bill Danforth is seriously there...   He's always been a good influence oine so I'm totally blowing it and gushing it up.

Dude is having fun and chatting up everyone and the parties dying down he's still going hard finally he asked me where's some hooker's and crack?!

I'm like ughhhh I know the spots and we  go out score some crack.I can honestly say I don't ever think I could fuck a hooker.
Bill Danforth : Good influence *If you live under a ramp and have the hook ups.

smokeybear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2021, 09:50:21 AM »
when jorge simoes was on jart, he went to el toro with adrian b, he broke his board and jorge lent him his board and he landed the backside tail on the el toro rail

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I got one for you guy's, so this was early 2000's.

I was living under a ramp in Chattanooga 8' and 4' they had an escalator type of coping. they had a alcove for random stuff and storage.  I fixed it up and put a double bed inside and lived there for a few years.

Anyways there's a good band and party happening fucking Bill Danforth is seriously there...   He's always been a good influence oine so I'm totally blowing it and gushing it up.

Dude is having fun and chatting up everyone and the parties dying down he's still going hard finally he asked me where's some hooker's and crack?!

I'm like ughhhh I know the spots and we  go out score some crack.I can honestly say I don't ever think I could fuck a hooker.
[close]

And your only telling us this now? Lol

That's a good one..

How was the crack?
[close]
Ohhhh yeah I got the bell ringers, like that feeling of euphoria when you’re doing a huge  nitrous hit it was fun.

As long as you can listen to music whilst sleeping and deal with the occasional spider or insects you’d be good. Keep it bare minimum so nothing can build a nest, if you had to store your gear plastic buckets and duffle bags for dirty laundry.
[close]

Took me a moment to realise this bit wasn't about smoking crack

Same here.

D10S

• Rep: -60
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2021, 12:50:28 PM »
It's 1999 and the shop that sponsors me hooks up a demo with Koston, Carroll and Chico. The first demo of this caliber skater for Central America, and it is a huge deal for all the local skaters, most had never seen a pro skater live, much less Koston and Carroll at their peak.

The shop owner is a surfer and couldn't care less about driving these dudes around so he asks me to take them to spots and whatnot. My car had gotten broken into the night before and they'd stolen my stereo, speakers even the rear-view mirror, but I was down to drive them anyway. So I go to the hotel and they all jump in the car and 5 seconds in and Koston starts talking shit about my car. He just assumes off the bat that I did not speak English and just starts getting really into the shit talking. "This fucking car, what the fuck, put on some beats! oh you can't hahahah, oh look, no rear-view, theres' no looking back!

There were comments of the sort all the way to the spot, but Chico and Carroll weren't really into his routine, so he starts to rip harder on everything: the roads, the sidewalks, the traffic...

Finally we get to the spot and Carroll asks me if there was a store near by, so I tell him and Koston hears me speaking English and I could tell for a second he was like "oh shit" but really didnt care.

He did leave his sample eS Koston 2 in my car which I assumed were his way of saying sorry. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2021, 12:54:26 PM »
It's 1999 and the shop that sponsors me hooks up a demo with Koston, Carroll and Chico. The first demo of this caliber skater for Central America, and it is a huge deal for all the local skaters, most had never seen a pro skater live, much less Koston and Carroll at their peak.

The shop owner is a surfer and couldn't care less about driving these dudes around so he asks me to take them to spots and whatnot. My car had gotten broken into the night before and they'd stolen my stereo, speakers even the rear-view mirror, but I was down to drive them anyway. So I go to the hotel and they all jump in the car and 5 seconds in and Koston starts talking shit about my car. He just assumes off the bat that I did not speak English and just starts getting really into the shit talking. "This fucking car, what the fuck, put on some beats! oh you can't hahahah, oh look, no rear-view, theres' no looking back!

There were comments of the sort all the way to the spot, but Chico and Carroll weren't really into his routine, so he starts to rip harder on everything: the roads, the sidewalks, the traffic...

Finally we get to the spot and Carroll asks me if there was a store near by, so I tell him and Koston hears me speaking English and I could tell for a second he was like "oh shit" but really didnt care.

He did leave his sample eS Koston 2 in my car which I assumed were his way of saying sorry.

That's so funny. Typical douche Koston behavior... Still the goat.

What were Carroll and Chico like ?

If I could choose to meet and 3 skaters it probably would be them

Well maybe swap Koston for Muska or Heath ha
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

D10S

• Rep: -60
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2021, 03:13:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Carroll had just bought a minidisc player on a trip to japan always had the headphones on, but mostly he spoke when he was spoken to. He was patient with the kids and ripped in the demo.

Chico was a blast but was already skating less and partying more.   

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2021, 03:59:57 PM »
You are so nonchalant about it man.   Just like "hey I slept under a ramp for a couple years and smoke crack, no biggie."
Well I mean if you were offered free crack and you were skating with your favorite pro? I mean yeah might as well fuck it.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #397 on: March 19, 2021, 04:03:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Carroll had just bought a minidisc player on a trip to japan always had the headphones on, but mostly he spoke when he was spoken to. He was patient with the kids and ripped in the demo.

Chico was a blast but was already skating less and partying more.
Boy it’d be hard not to rip on Koston in Spanish with Chico like you hearing this garbage?!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #398 on: March 19, 2021, 04:22:37 PM »
bill danforth is your favorite pro?!

stillcantreflip

• Rep: -11
« Reply #399 on: March 19, 2021, 04:24:05 PM »

well theyre both into crack that probably helps

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #400 on: March 19, 2021, 05:36:06 PM »

Is he not yours?

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2021, 06:28:03 PM »
When you love to watch mongo pushing you only have so many options.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #402 on: March 19, 2021, 07:09:49 PM »
Mongo pushing is street survival

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2021, 08:12:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s what it’s all about!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #404 on: March 19, 2021, 08:21:14 PM »
This guy I know pretty well told me he was in a car with some other people going to skate a new pool and someone in the car says man nobody’s allowed to film a smith because peewee’s claimed smith he’s gonna come skate it soon

I mean I wasn’t even there but that is the most ridiculous shit I ever heard I always thought it was too weird to make up hahaha
listen to cosmic psychos

Mr Cheese Resurrection

« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2021, 09:29:18 PM »
It was 2004, my friend Tyler and I were walking around Wheezer Idaho. Ran in Johnny Ferguson himself. What was he doing you ask? You’ll never know, it’s a fucking secret. I got Johnny’s back for life!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #406 on: March 20, 2021, 01:51:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

*golf clap*

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #407 on: March 20, 2021, 08:08:13 AM »
Had a similar story where the birdhouse team were in town to do a demo (street skaters such as Clint Walker, Jaws and Riley Hawk). Since we had a few hours to kill before the demo started, the local shop I worked for asked me to drive them around to spots, so I took them to a ditch nearby. Nothing too crazy happened besides watching them rip a ditch that I could barely skate.

However, the funny thing is that I remember Riley Hawk smoking like half a pack of Marlboro during the session, and then went on to give this passionate speech at the demo about how he made a commitment to never smoking as part of that Truth anti-Smoking Campaign. I guess he decided to quit in that hour between the ditch and the demo.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Loady McGee

• Rep: 56
« Reply #408 on: March 20, 2021, 08:39:06 AM »
Sweden, in 2006, in a parking lot after a failed demo due to rain, I saw a drunk Angel Ramirez harass (not sexually) some teenage emo girls while being egged on by the rest of the Foundation team (except for Mike Rusczyk and Duffman who kept low profiles). The teenage girls tried to get close to the Foundation guys and was trying to start a conversation with them but every time they got close, Angel attacked them like a guard dog, throwing beer cans at them, calling them names, chasing them away, over and over again. It was filmed and parts of it ended up in some tour video if I'm not mistaken.

Not as weird as most stories in this thread but by today's standards, that sort of behavior would probably be considered weird and frowned upon.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #409 on: March 20, 2021, 09:37:47 AM »
Sweden, in 2006, in a parking lot after a failed demo due to rain, I saw a drunk Angel Ramirez harass (not sexually) some teenage emo girls while being egged on by the rest of the Foundation team (except for Mike Rusczyk and Duffman who kept low profiles). The teenage girls tried to get close to the Foundation guys and was trying to start a conversation with them but every time they got close, Angel attacked them like a guard dog, throwing beer cans at them, calling them names, chasing them away, over and over again. It was filmed and parts of it ended up in some tour video if I'm not mistaken.

Not as weird as most stories in this thread but by today's standards, that sort of behavior would probably be considered weird and frowned upon.

Not necessarily behavior I would want to be associated with but this sounds like it was hilarious to watch from the sidelines.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Theseaorganization

• Rep: -41
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #410 on: March 20, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »

Teenage girls shouldn't be hanging out with them honestly but damn that was a shitty way of reacting

aàáâäæãå

• Rep: -2
« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
“Mademoiselle, you are far too young to be around depravity. Please enjoy your afternoon amongst the wildflowers, ma chère.”

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #412 on: March 20, 2021, 12:31:41 PM »
This guy I know pretty well told me he was in a car with some other people going to skate a new pool and someone in the car says man nobody’s allowed to film a smith because peewee’s claimed smith he’s gonna come skate it soon

I mean I wasn’t even there but that is the most ridiculous shit I ever heard I always thought it was too weird to make up hahaha
Elijah Berle bike locks rails. That’s next level

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #413 on: March 20, 2021, 12:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Elijah Berle bike locks rails. That’s next level

Really? That's fucked if true. Not quite as bad as rumors I've heard of pros making spots unskateable once they're done with it, like actually cutting off a part of the rail.

Always found it amusing when skaters get possessive over spots though, like are you really that threatened by the idea of someone else doing a trick there?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #414 on: March 20, 2021, 12:45:13 PM »
I gotta say, I've been on slap for 13 years and this story of a dude living under a ramp and smoking crack with Bill Danforth may be my favourite thing I've heard on here the entire time.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #415 on: March 20, 2021, 12:57:10 PM »
I gotta say, I've been on slap for 13 years and this story of a dude living under a ramp and smoking crack with Bill Danforth may be my favourite thing I've heard on here the entire time.

Agreed

And I thought it was all pussies on here.

Holy moly.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #416 on: March 20, 2021, 07:09:46 PM »
who the fuck is peewee

free max b
FREE MAX B

Gab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: March 20, 2021, 07:37:07 PM »
Daniel Monkress, right?

Waiting for the collective “who?!”

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #418 on: March 20, 2021, 07:41:17 PM »
who the fuck is peewee

free max b

peewee is one of the biggest kooks, if not the biggest kook in australian skateboarding and should not be discussed as a "pro", or for that matter discussed at all.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Gab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: March 20, 2021, 07:42:42 PM »
Expand Quote
who the fuck is peewee

free max b
[close]

peewee is one of the biggest kooks, if not the biggest kook in australian skateboarding and should not be discussed as a "pro", or for that matter discussed at all.

Didn’t he ride for like kreper trucks?