Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 76193 times)

Brguy

Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2021, 05:32:41 AM »
Not gonna lie, TJ Rogers is a good endorser of pants, those look so fucking comfortable on him.

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2021, 10:39:03 AM »
Not gonna lie, TJ Rogers is a good endorser of pants, those look so fucking comfortable on him.

Aye, the story makes me kind of not like the dude, but the pants are dope.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2021, 12:11:01 PM »
Dave Coyne came into the skate shop I worked at with two different shoes on, looking for a baseplate. He was all disheveled and looked like he was coming from a worksite but I don’t think that was what was going on. His board was all old and dusty. I gave him one because it was Dave Coyne.

Me and two of my friends were staying with a friend in Huntington Beach in the mid 00's and he was friends with Dave Coyne, so he came over to hang out, then we were all going skating in the morning so my friend was like "Dave is gonna crash here so we can all go skate early." Me and my friends were all crashing in the living room, which was basically the only place to crash, so Dave Coyne just crashed in there too. So in my late 20s I was at a sleepover party with someone who was in The Storm.

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2021, 12:38:40 PM »
My friend got me into the "Media" section of a Red Bull Triple Set event, and TJ was skating in it. He took a break and tried to walk into the Media section and security rejected him, not recognizing him. Someone had to quickly come vouch for him because he was immediately upset. I may have even yelled, "Yo, that's TJ!!" Poor TJ.

Also attended a Mike Blabac photo show at a brewery in San Diego. I was freshly 21 and giddy to see some pros and drink beer. I see Peter Smolik and fan out and say "Hey Smolik! Can I buy you a beer?" as a "clever" conversation starter. He enthusiastically says "Hell yeah!!" and so we both waited in line to grab a beer. I half expected him to say "Oh thank you but I'm good!" Instead, I bought Peter Smolik a craft beer.

I overheard him later at the event saying something like "Where's the free beer at?? Thought it was free!"

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2021, 11:12:28 PM »
It was mid morning and I had the day off. Was going to meet up with some friends to go street skating. So I go to the Walnut Creek park to warm up. It was one of those rare days nobody was at the park. I got the whole place to myself. 10 minutes later Julien Stranger shows up by himself.
So it’s just the two of us rolling around. On my way out I say hi and shake his hand. Then I tell him
“Want to know my favorite footage of you?”. He looked at me with a weird face like he didn’t want to hear it. So I said “ when you called Stanley Roberts a kook”. His face changed and let out a loud laugh and said “that’s my favorite too”!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #365 on: March 13, 2021, 01:23:11 AM »
It was mid morning and I had the day off. Was going to meet up with some friends to go street skating. So I go to the Walnut Creek park to warm up. It was one of those rare days nobody was at the park. I got the whole place to myself. 10 minutes later Julien Stranger shows up by himself.
So it’s just the two of us rolling around. On my way out I say hi and shake his hand. Then I tell him
“Want to know my favorite footage of you?”. He looked at me with a weird face like he didn’t want to hear it. So I said “ when you called Stanley Roberts a kook”. His face changed and let out a loud laugh and said “that’s my favorite too”!

Legend

Is Stranger an alcho? Or was that someone trolling on here
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

cky enthusiast

« Reply #366 on: March 13, 2021, 05:00:32 AM »

props to you, i had this exact same experience at soma park one morning but i was too much of a weirdo to say hi

just skated with my favorite pro in silence

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
« Reply #367 on: March 13, 2021, 07:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote

I went to Slam City Jam that one major year ...1997?
The one where he crooked down the Whiterock rail holding his boombox.

Anyway, that night everyone is hanging out back downtown outside some bar including Muska. He sees a street musician/guitar busker and liked him enough that he gave him a wad of cash to follow him around to set a good vibe and for the rest of the night it was like a moving party, like his own personal movie soundtrack. Epic.
[close]

All these muska stories make me love him even more than I already did. Amazing.

Could have been the same year or the next but there was a year where the BBQ was moved.  No one got the memo and Everyone ended up at white rock, including Muska.....

No BBQ, no problem....Muska goes to Safeway, buys everything.....

Legend. 

There was that Supra demo years later in Vancouver where Skytop Muska skated in the rain.  Skytop Muska doesn't need to....or shouldn't even skate (I think physically he was fucked up). Nope.....still the Muska.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #368 on: March 13, 2021, 12:06:54 PM »
jake johnson randomly texted my filmer friend, who he knew only very tenuously, from just a couple times, and asked for his sister's phone number, who jake had not met and could've only known of by creeping on filmer friend's tagged photos on IG. this was like 2 years after they had had any contact whatsoever.

jake johnson is going to horny jail

Made weirder by the fact JJ doesn’t have IG

dannyprovolone

« Reply #369 on: March 13, 2021, 12:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
jake johnson randomly texted my filmer friend, who he knew only very tenuously, from just a couple times, and asked for his sister's phone number, who jake had not met and could've only known of by creeping on filmer friend's tagged photos on IG. this was like 2 years after they had had any contact whatsoever.

[close]

lock him up!

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #370 on: March 13, 2021, 02:52:31 PM »
i recently had a dream in which i entered a foursome situation with torey pudwill but he just sat in the corner and jerked himself off through some matix pants

TheMAXXX

• Rep: -2
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2021, 03:20:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Legend

[close]

IDK but stranger was a super vocal homophobe until BA came out. and spent 2004-2010 riding track bikes

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #372 on: March 13, 2021, 07:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Legend

[close]

IDK but stranger was a super vocal homophobe until BA came out. and spent 2004-2010 riding track bikes

I never heard about this. I always thought he was down with the outcasts.

Tell me more, or offer proof if you have any
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

TheMAXXX

• Rep: -2
« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2021, 08:00:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Legend

[close]

[close]

I never heard about this. I always thought he was down with the outcasts.

Tell me more, or offer proof if you have any

When it comes to deluxe, the reciepts are there, but it’s difficult to find the buried bodies.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2021, 09:48:37 PM »
My friend got me into the "Media" section of a Red Bull Triple Set event, and TJ was skating in it. He took a break and tried to walk into the Media section and security rejected him, not recognizing him. Someone had to quickly come vouch for him because he was immediately upset. I may have even yelled, "Yo, that's TJ!!" Poor TJ.

Also attended a Mike Blabac photo show at a brewery in San Diego. I was freshly 21 and giddy to see some pros and drink beer. I see Peter Smolik and fan out and say "Hey Smolik! Can I buy you a beer?" as a "clever" conversation starter. He enthusiastically says "Hell yeah!!" and so we both waited in line to grab a beer. I half expected him to say "Oh thank you but I'm good!" Instead, I bought Peter Smolik a craft beer.

I overheard him later at the event saying something like "Where's the free beer at?? Thought it was free!"
this is so funny to me because I've bought Peter Smolik a few beers myself and I know I'm not the only one here...
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2021, 10:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

jake johnson has a secret IG account exclusively used for hitting up filmers' sisters

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2021, 05:45:01 PM »
at the time, this was a while ago, he actually briefly did have an IG (@jkjhnsn). he mostly posted retro-futuristic architecture drawings (and trolled for hot sisters).

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #377 on: March 15, 2021, 07:38:21 PM »
I got one for you guy's, so this was early 2000's.

I was living under a ramp in Chattanooga 8' and 4' they had an escalator type of coping. they had a alcove for random stuff and storage.  I fixed it up and put a double bed inside and lived there for a few years.

Anyways there's a good band and party happening fucking Bill Danforth is seriously there...   He's always been a good influence oine so I'm totally blowing it and gushing it up.

Dude is having fun and chatting up everyone and the parties dying down he's still going hard finally he asked me where's some hooker's and crack?!

I'm like ughhhh I know the spots and we  go out score some crack.I can honestly say I don't ever think I could fuck a hooker.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2021, 09:02:13 PM »

I was living under a ramp in Chattanooga 8' and 4' they had an escalator type of coping. they had a alcove for random stuff and storage.  I fixed it up and put a double bed inside and lived there for a few years.

Anyways there's a good band and party happening fucking Bill Danforth is seriously there...   He's always been a good influence oine so I'm totally blowing it and gushing it up.

Dude is having fun and chatting up everyone and the parties dying down he's still going hard finally he asked me where's some hooker's and crack?!

I'm like ughhhh I know the spots and we  go out score some crack.I can honestly say I don't ever think I could fuck a hooker.

I’d probably fuck a hooker way before I would try crack lol. Been with a few strippers, hooker would probably be fun if you got the right kind.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2021, 11:07:48 PM »
I've been flatland skimboarding with Bill.....seemed pretty chill to me....

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -238
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2021, 02:10:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’d probably fuck a hooker way before I would try crack lol. Been with a few strippers, hooker would probably be fun if you got the right kind.

I would fuck a hooker and smoke a boatload of crack before I would live under a ramp for a few years, lol

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2021, 03:42:39 AM »

And your only telling us this now? Lol

That's a good one..

How was the crack?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I would fuck a hooker and smoke a boatload of crack before I would live under a ramp for a few years, lol

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »

Link to sister's IG?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #384 on: March 17, 2021, 03:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a good one..

How was the crack?
Ohhhh yeah I got the bell ringers, like that feeling of euphoria when you’re doing a huge  nitrous hit it was fun.

This pertains to living under the ramp,

As long as you can listen to music whilst sleeping and deal with the occasional spider or insects you’d be good. Keep it bare minimum so nothing can build a nest, if you had to store your gear plastic buckets and duffle bags for dirty laundry.

Edit......

I believe some pals were confused about my ramblings about living under a ramp, I swear I have mild brain damage and my text seems to take over whilst trying to explain etc....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:56:56 PM by El Fapinator »

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2021, 03:23:45 PM »
You are so nonchalant about it man.   Just like "hey I slept under a ramp for a couple years and smoke crack, no biggie."

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -228
« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2021, 09:03:22 PM »
I was at Macba in the early 2000s.

Flo Marfaing and Alex Carolina we’re skating lots and killing it of course. Alex filmed a line where he did nollie back bigspin, switch varial flip (both on flat), then switch flip over the grate and wall. He tried for like 3 days I think (maybe like 1-2 hours a day). Not trying to hate on him at all, it was amazing, and he’s sick to watch in person.

Anyways, right after he landed it Flo started trying a line. Switch tail, cab back tail, switch flip on flat, then switch back 180 over the grate and wall. He literally did it in like 4 or 5 tries (could have been a few less or more). I got the sense that being the good homie and mensch that he is, he waited patiently for Alex to get his clip, before effortlessly getting his line on the same spot. Was kind of funny

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2021, 11:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a good one..

How was the crack?
[close]
Ohhhh yeah I got the bell ringers, like that feeling of euphoria when you’re doing a huge  nitrous hit it was fun.

As long as you can listen to music whilst sleeping and deal with the occasional spider or insects you’d be good. Keep it bare minimum so nothing can build a nest, if you had to store your gear plastic buckets and duffle bags for dirty laundry.

Took me a moment to realise this bit wasn't about smoking crack
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

1999CCSComplete

• Rep: 0
« Reply #388 on: March 18, 2021, 02:13:33 AM »
A few summers ago I was skating the curbs under the Hawthorne bridge in Portland on a random weekday and a white van pulls up, Ty Evans gets out and walks over to where we were sitting and drinking and introduces himself. Dudes got out and started pushing around but I didn’t recognize any of them. weird bc there was absolutely nothing going down, there were like 3 of us and these curbs are def not a destination spot even for spot-dry Portland. Imagine being at ur dirty local “tall boy and bbq” curbs and ty evans shows up w a steadicam

sketchyrider

« Reply #389 on: March 18, 2021, 07:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a good one..

How was the crack?
[close]

my friend calls this the "wah-wahs". he's off hard drugs now.