Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 76203 times)

Fartknocker415

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #540 on: April 30, 2023, 11:34:52 PM »
Lol the people who are like “Andy Roy such a nice guy” probably never been at a bar around him… he can be nice but he’s also started lots of fights with people I know. One time Called em “f*****s” cuz they had tight jeans on lmao.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #541 on: April 30, 2023, 11:46:59 PM »
Super lmao

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • old and in the way
« Reply #542 on: May 01, 2023, 12:05:25 AM »
About 10 years ago, Chris Millic was dabbling with graffiti under the name, "Frog4" (well before he started the brand), tagging around local Tempe skatespots. While I was pretty sure it was him responsible for the tags, a mutual friend I knew through graffiti confirmed it. Anyways, I was drinking in the little Safeway lounge area with the homeless cats, being bored one night, and see Chris buying groceries. As he's leaving, I rolled up to him, acted tough, and said "YO! You Frog4?" He got super shook (keep in mind, im a relatively small dude) and confirmed it was him. I proceeded to tell him to quit writing and kept up with the tough guy persona to my own amusement. He literally seemed like he was gonna cry/piss his pants. Then I broke character and told him I was kidding and that I actually dug the name Frog4. We chatted for a bit about skating and graff. Nice dude. I kinda felt bad for scaring him, but I was drunk and it was kinda fun at the moment.

This seems more like a story about your low self esteem
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 03:34:20 AM by funeral_tuxedo »

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #543 on: May 01, 2023, 06:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seeing pine get into a heated argument with a child and lose was an interesting moment
[close]

I gotta hear more about this
[close]
I think someone else who was there already told the story on slap, but basically like 7 years ago at Woodward a kid was mad that Jeff had cursed out the kid's brother previously and Jeff with a smug look on his face, was saying "I don't give a fuck he was talking shit" and making of the child. Kid ended up telling Jeff "go do a triple flip with your shitty style" and as the rest of us kids were giggling (I was like 13 at the time) Jeff, with a look of determination, goes to try a triple flip and falls as the kid yells "your raping my eyeballs!". Jeff did not respond and later got kicked out of Woodward (he was a visiting pro)

A buddy of mine was a Woodward counselor and confirmed that Jeff was an absolute jerk to all of the children.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 80
« Reply #544 on: May 01, 2023, 06:53:35 AM »
About 10 years ago, Chris Millic was dabbling with graffiti under the name, "Frog4" (well before he started the brand), tagging around local Tempe skatespots. While I was pretty sure it was him responsible for the tags, a mutual friend I knew through graffiti confirmed it. Anyways, I was drinking in the little Safeway lounge area with the homeless cats, being bored one night, and see Chris buying groceries. As he's leaving, I rolled up to him, acted tough, and said "YO! You Frog4?" He got super shook (keep in mind, im a relatively small dude) and confirmed it was him. I proceeded to tell him to quit writing and kept up with the tough guy persona to my own amusement. He literally seemed like he was gonna cry/piss his pants. Then I broke character and told him I was kidding and that I actually dug the name Frog4. We chatted for a bit about skating and graff. Nice dude. I kinda felt bad for scaring him, but I was drunk and it was kinda fun at the moment.

"I verbally accosted a stranger in a threatening manner in a dark parking lot while he was trying to do his weekly grocery shopping and my crew of drunk homies leered closeby, why was he weirded out by me?"

doublesteveburger

« Reply #545 on: May 01, 2023, 08:17:15 AM »
picturing chris non ironically at the safeway off broadway and rural by himself is just so funny to me

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #546 on: May 01, 2023, 08:47:49 AM »
Every time a thread like this happens I hope that somebody finds the video of David Loy crying and screaming because Lutzka won't let him on top of a bank.

I need this and the footage of Steve Berra crying about Tony Hawk....

johnficenec

• Rep: -23
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2023, 09:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Necroing this aged thread for the sole purpose of getting to hear the Ethan Fowler story @Loady McGee has on tap.

Over to you, Loady.
[close]
Alright, here goes.

In 2006 the Foundation team were scheduled for a demo/signing at my local shop in a small town in Sweden with a skate park just outside the shop. Unfortunately , it was raining so the whole team just sat inside the shop behind the counter. The shop owner had pre-produced a bunch of square sized flyers which the team members could sign for the kids.

The kids lined up from left to right by the counter getting their flyer signed by each team member and Ethan was sitting far most right, being the last one to sign the flyer. The ceiling in the shop was made of some sort of rubbery material and Ethan noticed this. When it was Ethan's turn to sign the flyer, he signed it, then he would just throw it straight up into the ceiling to see if it would get stuck (in the same way those card throwers can throw playing cards you know).

Luckily, Ethan failed to get the flyers to stick to the ceiling so the kids just picked up their flyer with all the autographs from the floor after he'd thrown them. This went on for a while and no one said anything but it sort of became this weird game that everyone in the shop was silently focusing in on. Which kid would be the unlucky one to have his flyer stuck in the ceiling too far to reach?

Then bam! One flyer got stuck in the ceiling. One chubby kid, maybe 10-12 years old became the goose in this duck, duck goose type game. The kid didn't know what to do. His friends laughed at his misfortune. Now, you would think that Ethan or the shop owner would simply grab the sticker and give it to the kid but no. Ethan just kept on signing and throwing flyers and the shop owner didn't seem like he could care less.

The kid realized he had to try to grab it himself. He started jumping up and down but wasn't even close to reach the ceiling. You could see how the kid became more and more desperate. His friends stopped laughing and instead tried to help him but they couldn't reach it either so they went and got a chair the chubby kid could stand on to reach it. The Chubby kid stood on the chair and was just a few inches from grabbing the flyer when Ethan noticed what was going on.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH THAT!!!", Ethan screamed right in the kid's face as he stood on the chair with his fingers hovering the flyer. The whole shop went silent. The kid just froze for a few seconds then just stepped down from the chair without getting his flyer. Ethan turned his head back towards the counter and continued to sign flyers and eventually the silence turned into to the usual murmur and the signing continued.

I watched all this from a safe distance and it was such a surreal moment. I found it hard to describe in text but it was truly weird and not good weird. You could touch the awkwardness in the air. There were so many adults there (the shop owner and a bunch of parents) and no one stepped in. Everyone (including the other team members) just went silent by sheer shock. I can only imagine how humiliating this must've been for the poor kid. All eyes were on him and his absolute helplessness in the situation at hand. If Ethan was his favorite skater before this event, I very much doubt he was afterwards.
[close]

I took the team around Gothenburg on the same tour to spots skating with them - Ethan might be the worst pro I ever met. such a shitty attitude.
[close]

Yeah, it felt like he took pride in it too. Mike Rusczyk on the other hand was very nice at this event. Probably the nicest pro I've met.

Mike is mad underrated. Now I wanna go re-watch his Cataclysmic Abyss and That's Life parts. Mike + Sonic Youth = match made in heaven.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #548 on: May 01, 2023, 09:23:59 AM »
Skateboarding was at an all time low around 1994, th after the era after the big vert contests and before the first X-Games.

I was at a Birdhouse demo in a parking garage (it was raining), at most 20 people showed up to see Willy Santos, Ocean Howell and Tony Hawk skate one small obstacle. Tony did his best, tre flips on flat and kickflips and heelflips over the hip.

Thinking back it's almost surreal. Almost a private demo from the Birdman.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #549 on: May 01, 2023, 09:34:29 AM »
Idk if I wrote it already but Pitcrew Emerica signing. 207 downtown Frederick I’m in line when I see Jon Dickson come out of the shop. I just blurt out “Jon Dickson? Are you on Emerica now?!” He really quietly says no then skates off. I was very embarrassed and felt like I asked a dumb question but he IS on emerica now.

work_lurker

• Rep: 102
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #550 on: May 01, 2023, 12:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seeing pine get into a heated argument with a child and lose was an interesting moment
[close]

[close]
I think someone else who was there already told the story on slap, but basically like 7 years ago at Woodward a kid was mad that Jeff had cursed out the kid's brother previously and Jeff with a smug look on his face, was saying "I don't give a fuck he was talking shit" and making of the child. Kid ended up telling Jeff "go do a triple flip with your shitty style" and as the rest of us kids were giggling (I was like 13 at the time) Jeff, with a look of determination, goes to try a triple flip and falls as the kid yells "your raping my eyeballs!". Jeff did not respond and later got kicked out of Woodward (he was a visiting pro)
[close]

Imagine going to Woodward as a kid, being excited to skate everything and meet the visiting pro, and it's turns out to be Pine lol
[close]
Just remembered he technically wasn't even a visiting pro. Chris Chann was visiting for the video camp they had and brought pine as a guest. I remember being surprised to learn this just because Jeff was acting very cocky the whole time going out of his way to cool guy people and one up kids skating. The visiting pro stuff was often pretty random though. One time they advertised the vans team was visiting and it turned out to just be a couple flow dudes
[close]
that weird transwoman who fucked his mom? figures he'd be down with triple flips.

Who in tarnation are you referring to? I'm not aware of any transincestual beings in the skate world.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #551 on: May 01, 2023, 12:21:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Imagine going to Woodward as a kid, being excited to skate everything and meet the visiting pro, and it's turns out to be Pine lol
[close]
Just remembered he technically wasn't even a visiting pro. Chris Chann was visiting for the video camp they had and brought pine as a guest. I remember being surprised to learn this just because Jeff was acting very cocky the whole time going out of his way to cool guy people and one up kids skating. The visiting pro stuff was often pretty random though. One time they advertised the vans team was visiting and it turned out to just be a couple flow dudes
[close]
that weird transwoman who fucked his mom? figures he'd be down with triple flips.
[close]

Who in tarnation are you referring to? I'm not aware of any transincestual beings in the skate world.

Skateboarder one = Chris Chann. The one in reference to the previous comment is Chris Chan.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2023, 12:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nice. I needed that serotonin today.

manysnakes

« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2023, 01:13:12 PM »
Skateboarding was at an all time low around 1994, th after the era after the big vert contests and before the first X-Games.

I was at a Birdhouse demo in a parking garage (it was raining), at most 20 people showed up to see Willy Santos, Ocean Howell and Tony Hawk skate one small obstacle. Tony did his best, tre flips on flat and kickflips and heelflips over the hip.

Saw this same lineup, almost certainly the same tour. They skated in a high school parking lot which had a crusty old bank, with like 20-40 people there watching. I remember lots of parents parked in their cars on the street waiting for it to be over. The whole thing was obviously unauthorized. 

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Saw this same lineup, almost certainly the same tour. They skated in a high school parking lot which had a crusty old bank, with like 20-40 people there watching. I remember lots of parents parked in their cars on the street waiting for it to be over. The whole thing was obviously unauthorized.

Must have been. Parking garage was unauthorized too. "Ok it's raining, let's move the obstacle in a random garage."

Tony was trying so hard to please the "crowd", it was hard to believe this was the same guy who did 540 ollies and 720s in super slowmo in those overproduced Powell video.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2023, 03:04:51 PM »

reddit graff toys even flex on each other like writers. crazy how far theyll go to fake it

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2023, 04:37:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Skateboarder one = Chris Chann. The one in reference to the previous comment is Chris Chan.
Just in case coldbrew's reply wasn't clear enough, Chris Chann with two n's and Chris Chan with one are two different people. Chris Chan with one n is a non skate related youtuber who was charged with incest and Chris Chann with two n's is the skateboarding youtuber from my story

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2023, 05:41:14 PM »
HK wasn't as known to the kids in 2003ish or 04. We were like 14 or something but he sat and talked with us for like an hour or more. I don't know if we asked about him, I think we just talked skating. I've said it on here before, but I asked him if he had heard about Danny Way planning on jumping the Great Wall of China. That sentence now sounds like some little kid rumor, and back then that's what he thought it was. He was like, "What?! That's not true." So I was like yeah dude, I just read about it in *whatever the mag was that wrote about the plan*. There was an older dude with them that Heath knew who was skating the bowl, when he bailed a trick and was walking towards his board Heath yelled down to him, "Hey, this kid is saying Danny Way is gonna jump The Great Wall of China on the megaramp!" and the dude just replied, "Yeah, he is. I've been to the spot he's gonna do it, it's not that crazy."

lol

He gave us a look like we weren't dumbasses after all and continued to be cool as fuck. How many people got to share McDonald's chocolate chip cookies with their childhood hero?

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2023, 05:47:22 PM »
HK wasn't as known to the kids in 2003ish or 04. We were like 14 or something but he sat and talked with us for like an hour or more. I don't know if we asked about him, I think we just talked skating. I've said it on here before, but I asked him if he had heard about Danny Way planning on jumping the Great Wall of China. That sentence now sounds like some little kid rumor, and back then that's what he thought it was. He was like, "What?! That's not true." So I was like yeah dude, I just read about it in *whatever the mag was that wrote about the plan*. There was an older dude with them that Heath knew who was skating the bowl, when he bailed a trick and was walking towards his board Heath yelled down to him, "Hey, this kid is saying Danny Way is gonna jump The Great Wall of China on the megaramp!" and the dude just replied, "Yeah, he is. I've been to the spot he's gonna do it, it's not that crazy."

lol

He gave us a look like we weren't dumbasses after all and continued to be cool as fuck. How many people got to share McDonald's chocolate chip cookies with their childhood hero?
Probably not James Hardy

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2023, 08:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nice. I needed that serotonin today.

Getting hazed by teenagers will never not hurt, reminded me of this:

"Fuck off Triple Flips"
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2023, 01:04:47 AM »
Bruh I was skating to tompkins and I saw Naquan rollings standing outside his car and this man just stopped what he was doing to stare at me in a weird NPC way. Kind of like when you awkwardly make eye contact with a random child at a corner store

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2023, 03:53:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fr
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2023, 05:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fr

Have to agree that this was a rude way to interact with Chris M. Were you trying to make him laugh, or cool-guy him, or joke-scare him like you might do to your younger sibling? Confused by the behavior here
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

Wienerboy

« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2023, 05:54:35 AM »
I have a few pro skater stories but here's one.

Neckface was having a book signing in Brooklyn of his last book, Dead Skin. It took place in a small shop that was basically just a huge line of people. You enter the shop, wait in line, get to the counter to buy a book, then turn around and wait in another line returning to the front of the store, where Neckface was sitting and signing books.

I had a backpack full of roman candles and my plan was to challenge Neckface to an old fashioned duel in the street. I waited in line for at least an hour, got the the front counter, and found out the books were $200 a piece. The price was not expressed before, so it was a do-or-don't moment. I was poor as shit at the time and my priorities were elsewhere and could not justify spending $200 on a book.

Neckface was at the back of the store just wasted off his fucking ass. He had a bottle of Jack, was taking pulls and have to say, he looked like shit.

After not buying the book, I walked up near him and was about to ask him to have a firework war. But then I kinda got a grip of myself and realized that I don't think I like Neckface anymore. Dude was so fucked up, could hardly control himself and to be honest, I wasn't as crazy about his art as I had been in the past. It seemed to be turning into some kind of Sunday Newspaper Comic aesthetic with watercolors and I just wasn't digging his direction anymore.

Anyways I chickened out asking him to partake in the firework war. Honestly because I was honestly kinda grossed out by the dude. It really was a bad look, like he couldn't just hang out and interact with his fans like a normal person.

Glad he's sober now, but I still don't really like his artwork these days. I realized later that day I should have bought the book for $200 and sold it online for $400 or something.

Was a dumb day in all. Was disappointed to "meet" someone I thought would be a cool dude in real life.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2023, 07:38:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Just in case coldbrew's reply wasn't clear enough, Chris Chann with two n's and Chris Chan with one are two different people. Chris Chan with one n is a non skate related youtuber who was charged with incest and Chris Chann with two n's is the skateboarding youtuber from my story

Boy do i have the show for you

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #565 on: May 02, 2023, 08:01:08 AM »
I once met TIM ZOM at skateland rotterdam... dude was clearly drunk and looked like shit. This was early 2015.
Nothing too weird about the encounter but I had seen the dude in videos and the impression he let on me wasn't good, weird vibe going on, dunno I was also heavily stoned  ;D .

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #566 on: May 02, 2023, 08:20:33 AM »

Neckface was having a book signing in Brooklyn of his last book, Dead Skin. It took place in a small shop that was basically just a huge line of people. You enter the shop, wait in line, get to the counter to buy a book, then turn around and wait in another line returning to the front of the store, where Neckface was sitting and signing books.

I had a backpack full of roman candles and my plan was to challenge Neckface to an old fashioned duel in the street. I waited in line for at least an hour, got the the front counter, and found out the books were $200 a piece. The price was not expressed before, so it was a do-or-don't moment. I was poor as shit at the time and my priorities were elsewhere and could not justify spending $200 on a book.

Neckface was at the back of the store just wasted off his fucking ass. He had a bottle of Jack, was taking pulls and have to say, he looked like shit.

After not buying the book, I walked up near him and was about to ask him to have a firework war. But then I kinda got a grip of myself and realized that I don't think I like Neckface anymore. Dude was so fucked up, could hardly control himself and to be honest, I wasn't as crazy about his art as I had been in the past. It seemed to be turning into some kind of Sunday Newspaper Comic aesthetic with watercolors and I just wasn't digging his direction anymore.

Anyways I chickened out asking him to partake in the firework war. Honestly because I was honestly kinda grossed out by the dude. It really was a bad look, like he couldn't just hang out and interact with his fans like a normal person.

Glad he's sober now, but I still don't really like his artwork these days. I realized later that day I should have bought the book for $200 and sold it online for $400 or something.

Was a dumb day in all. Was disappointed to "meet" someone I thought would be a cool dude in real life.

You sound like a huge dork
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104
« Reply #567 on: May 02, 2023, 08:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Boy do i have the show for you

75 parts??? Good luck with that

Wienerboy

« Reply #568 on: May 02, 2023, 08:47:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You sound like a huge dork

Seeing you gleefully post about Bam as soon as he does something, and then relish in his misery, I got nothing to say to you fool.

manysnakes

« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2023, 08:52:33 AM »

No stories here, but one of my oldest friends had Neckface as a student in art school and he has absolutely nothing nice to say about him.