Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178801 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2021, 12:14:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Give your money to Lotties. Kingswell is funded by drug money.
[close]

Can you explain this?
[close]
Rumor is that Patrick Melcher use to sell blow...pretty sure it was coke. At least that's what I remember reading/being told

I guess cool that they used that money to build something useful if true

villains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2021, 12:30:06 AM »

baggy spandex

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2021, 01:15:46 AM »
Lotties is definitely the place to get cool guyed. Kingswell is ok. Non Factory is ok too.

Cool guy'd at Lotties? I gotta call bullshit on that. That's never been my experience. Mike and the kids are chill.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2021, 02:34:47 AM »
Who hates Lottie's skateshop?

Nakel hates Lottie's skateshop!

Is it truuuuuuuuuuuue?

Mmmmmmmhhhhmmmmm I do, I do, I do!
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

SkollieJol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2021, 03:11:23 AM »
He's dumb. He's a dummy.

Laddygoo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2021, 03:18:04 AM »
Nak shows people respect... like that lady he tried to punch through the plexi in that homies video😐

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2021, 06:18:44 AM »
This dude is just Jereme Rogers with less talent

My brain struggles to comprehend this

Its a skate ting, eh?

• Rep: -9
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2021, 07:28:39 AM »
He's dumb. He's a dummy.

Lotties is on some racist shit. All mad Babylon moved in up the street. Lotties dude told Lee (owner Babylon) that he’s pissed he moved in and how lee will bring “ghetto kids” around. Lotties is trash y’all don’t know wtf you’re talm about.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2021, 07:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

Lotties is on some racist shit. All mad Babylon moved in up the street. Lotties dude told Lee (owner Babylon) that he’s pissed he moved in and how lee will bring “ghetto kids” around. Lotties is trash y’all don’t know wtf you’re talm about.

Fucked up if true.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2021, 07:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.

Mike a racist ? Hahahaha. What a bunch of Bull fucking shit.

Anyone who’s ever stepped FOOT in Lottie’s or even had a passing glance at the shop’s Instagram account can attest to the fact that the shop caters first and foremost to all the neighborhood kids in the surrounding area.

And yeah. Literally none of those kids are white ....

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2021, 08:00:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.

you're just going to blindly believe a brand new poster with this being their only post?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2021, 08:09:04 AM »
Mike Lottie is a gentrifier point blank period. If you’re in the area support neighbors skate shop.

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2021, 08:11:29 AM »

Lee Spielman is also an absolute garbage human being for the record.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

you're just going to blindly believe a brand new poster with this being their only post?

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2021, 08:11:54 AM »
Cherry was the only good Supreme video.

Cherry would be a great video for someone to remix and put onto YouTube. Someone like Manolo or Sneep should make that happen...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2021, 08:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

You're just going to accuse me of believing said poster when all I wrote was "fucked up if true?" Don't you agree it'd be fucked if he had said those things? I do find it hard to believe, in fact, mainly because I've seen exactly what @Nancy Chin The Manicurist is talking about: black and brown kids embraced with open arms and seemingly loving their time at the shop. Also cause it's dude's first post lol, but mostly this.

I honestly have a hunch that Mike may have said something about Babylon bringing around hype beasts or kids who aren't actually down for skating, just the Babylon brand. Not who he'd want hanging around his skate shop, I'd guess. Whether or not he used the term "ghetto kids" to describe them is what would be fucked... if true.

Edit: I have never been to lotties, never met Mike, and only know what I know through interviews I've watched or read. He seems like the kind of guy to share whatever crosses his mind, but definitely doesn't seem like a bigot. That being said, I also am still so confused as to why Nagel Nickel and Kevin Bradley would be so upset about Lotties seemingly out of nowhere after a few successful years in operation. Why all of the hate all the sudden? I think something must have happened or been said that was interpreted as racist, regardless of intention.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:21:32 AM by Urtripping »

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2021, 08:18:18 AM »
Whats wrong with Lee Speilman? Lol

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2021, 08:32:30 AM »
Mike Lottie is a gentrifier point blank period. If you’re in the area support neighbors skate shop.

Hilarious to think a shop like Lotties is engaged in gentrification BUT thank you for introducing me to Neighbors skate shop. They have some cool shop T's.

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2021, 08:36:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

[close]

Edit: I have never been to lotties, never met Mike, and only know what I know through interviews I've watched or read. He seems like the kind of guy to share whatever crosses his mind, but definitely doesn't seem like a bigot. That being said, I also am still so confused as to why Nagel Nickel and Kevin Bradley would be so upset about Lotties seemingly out of nowhere after a few successful years in operation. Why all of the hate all the sudden? I think something must have happened or been said that was interpreted as racist, regardless of intention.

Two black dudes are upset at the same time, so surely something racist must have occurred. That’s really your line of thought?  I’ll let you sort out the irony in making that statement, but jesus.

The reason they’re pissed is because Lotties won’t stock the Nakel’s garbage clothing company. That’s all there is to it.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Two black dudes are upset at the same time, so surely something racist must have occurred. That’s really your line of thought?  I’ll let you sort out the irony in making that statement, but jesus.

The reason they’re pissed is because Lotties won’t stock the Nakel’s garbage clothing company. That’s all there is to it.

Ok, aside from the fact that you didn't just show up outta nowhere for this thread, why do I have any more reason to believe that statement than the other dude's? How is what you're saying anything more than guesswork, as well? Like genuinely curious and would love for you to explain, maybe I missed something in the thread. I definitely didn't watch Nakel's rants, so maybe I missed something there, too.

However, there is no irony to be found in understanding that a skater who is not afraid to speak out against racism in skateboarding might be going live on Instagram to trash a skateshop if the owner has said or done something that was or could be interpreted as racist.

Also important to remember that I'm not here to say this is what happened (again the key word here is if), and I'm also not saying Mike did or said anything racist. I have no idea what happened. Please keep that in mind before replying with big emotions.

Edit: watched the live rant and if that's your evidence for thinking he's upset about not getting his brand stocked, then you're the one who needs to think about the irony of your words. If you think a black man would get upset enough to take time to talk about the struggle of the black community and to raise concerns about how black people were being actively put down in this situation, over not carrying some t shirts he made... then you should look inward, friend. Because what you're saying is "black man cries racism because his t-shirts aren't cool enough to be stocked at Lotties."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:11:57 AM by Urtripping »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2021, 08:49:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Where exactly does stock this dog shit brand?

Even the brands website is down with ad
ware at the moment.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2021, 09:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I'm gonna disagree with this. J Cas belongs in a psych ward, Nak is just kooky and annoying.

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »
Nak should of just explained whats going on instead of being as vague as possible. The FUCK LOTTIES post on his story followed up by the post about being positive really doesn't help explain anything. I'm also curious about whats up with Lee Spielman, he just seems like another LA guy who was around odd future 10 years ago. His store with the outdoor bowl seems cool, I didn't realize it was so close to lotties but as long as people have access to the bowl it seems like a good thing. Also lotties being upset about hypebeasts hanging around would be weird considering they seem to be cool with Palace and even did a collaboration with them recently.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:09:12 AM by SmilingBoy »

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2021, 10:11:48 AM »
Nak should of just explained whats going on instead of being as vague as possible. The FUCK LOTTIES post on his story followed up by the post about being positive really doesn't help explain anything. I'm also curious about whats up with Lee Spielman, he just seems like another LA guy who was around odd future 10 years ago. His store with the outdoor bowl seems cool, I didn't realize it was so close to lotties but as long as people have access to the bowl it seems like a good thing. Also lotties being upset about hypebeasts hanging around would be weird considering they seem to be cool with Palace and even did a collaboration with them recently.

Lottie's also recently had a call-out post for brands who exclusively sell on their website direct to customer, or release product online before/same day as in store. Vague post. And then they collaborated with Palace.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »
Haven’t heard of West Adams before Lotties, but I can’t imagine why another shop would open up so close to them.  Seems like a kind of pointed move

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2021, 10:15:57 AM »
how much of nickels paycheck goes to all the good homies for no reason other than they expect it.

lottie is a cool dude who has been killing it since nak was still a little foodcourt kid playing COD all day listening to linkin park. he got super lucky making it into the supreme crew to begin with (they fuck with Kareem OD, and hes Naks uncle or whatever)...he brought nak around and they started hooking up out of respect. then eventually he did got pretty good. but has since regressed a lot

not long until hes kicked off FA but spins it on IG. acting as if he quit to start Steamy Dream Is a Turd boards with some kids from LA that rap and sip fake lean way more than they skate.

free max b

Didnt Dill make him the TM of FA a while back?

Nyjahsnanny

• Rep: -20
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
Heard from a reliable source that NAK was a mentally unstable and eats his own fecal matter.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2021, 10:32:02 AM »
Nickel the type of dude to float a couple tshirts and shoes at a park  for an ig photo op just to say he's "giving back".
From what I've seen lotties constantly has local kids at their shop skating and hanging out, opposed to cornball supreme slanging $50 white tees to rich hypebeast dorks.

conqueso

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »
Heard from a reliable source that NAK was a mentally unstable and eats his own fecal matter.

common symptoms of having your dreams deferred

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
Yeah, focusing random peoples boards at the park for social media clout seems like a great way to give back to the community. 

Doesn’t matter if he replaces their boards after, it would still ruin my day if some random decided for me what board I’m going to ride

He’s just a spoiled brat that wants to be relevant, but doesn’t have shit to say so he starts beef and creates these scenarios in his head where he can be some hero righting some societal wrong that doesn’t exist

It’s a shame because he’s a talented skater.  I never understand people like him that have the world at their fingertips but still feel the need to be a bully. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

fried

• Rep: 52
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I'm gonna disagree with this. J Cas belongs in a psych ward, Nak is just kooky and annoying.

They both were A-List pros, both stopped skating to pursue rap, and both go on kooky IG rants.

Jereme just had more talent on his board...

If nak keeps it up he’ll be just like J Cas