Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 179018 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2021, 10:48:28 AM »
A skateshop no longer preferred  :'(

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2021, 10:52:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Nickel the type of dude to float a couple tshirts and shoes at a park  for an ig photo op just to say he's "giving back".
From what I've seen lotties constantly has local kids at their shop skating and hanging out, opposed to cornball supreme slanging $50 white tees to rich hypebeast dorks.
[close]

Facts, Supreme and FA both profit of the kids they feature in their videos without doing anything to really give back as far as I have seen. Like I stated before, it is well documented the positive effects lotties has had on the surrounding skate community. Nobody can argue that.

Nak could absolutely channel some of this energy toward those closer to him, his time would probably be better spent trying to get Dill and Ave to do something real for the community through FA.

Still curious about what went down here, and am patiently awaiting something to surface past hate boners for Nak and his bad designs. I'm not his biggest fan either, but you gotta wonder what happened.

Expand Quote
A skateshop no longer preferred  :'(
[close]

Someone give this a gnar please
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2021, 10:53:08 AM »
I came to accept him after disliking him for the thing where he punches the glass so I'm desensitized now. He's entitled to say fuck lotties or whatever and I've always liked his skating.  Mabye he thinks he might not have a platform forever so he's saying fuck it.  Free country.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Fucklotties

• Rep: -8
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2021, 10:57:32 AM »
Lotties can kiss my ass. One of the owners of Babylon is black and the owner of lotties got the nerve to dislike his shop that’s in a black neighborhood after the fact that Babylon tried to be coo with lotties. & note… the owner of lotties it’s note for the skate community, how you gone tell the Lil kids from
Your shop not to go to Babylon. Kinda Lil kid shit is that.. Fuck that racist mike lotties !! Get ya bread up and stop worrying bout the next mutha fuckas old man…

Its a skate ting, eh?

• Rep: -9
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2021, 10:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

Lotties is on some racist shit. All mad Babylon moved in up the street. Lotties dude told Lee (owner Babylon) that he’s pissed he moved in and how lee will bring “ghetto kids” around. Lotties is trash y’all don’t know wtf you’re talm about.
[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

you're just going to blindly believe a brand new poster with this being their only post?

Believe whatever you want. You think Nak making this big of a deal over Lotties not giving away free shit? This is something I know about so I stepped in. I’m not out here commenting on shit idk about.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2021, 11:05:29 AM »
Lotties can kiss my ass. One of the owners of Babylon is black and the owner of lotties got the nerve to dislike his shop that’s in a black neighborhood after the fact that Babylon tried to be coo with lotties. & note… the owner of lotties it’s note for the skate community, how you gone tell the Lil kids from
Your shop not to go to Babylon. Kinda Lil kid shit is that.. Fuck that racist mike lotties !! Get ya bread up and stop worrying bout the next mutha fuckas old man…

How's business at Babylon?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Fucklotties

• Rep: -8
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
Business is well I believe. I don’t work there, but the fact lotties is hating shows how business is goin over there in that little ass shop. All love tho, no one at Babylon even speaks on lotties in a bad way. It’s all love

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2021, 11:16:52 AM »
Really need @Sizzla in here to weigh in on the use of Babylon as a name, particularly in a black community.   Could rename it for Nak and call it Babble On.   

Bruno_Herrera

• Rep: 1
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »
Mfs beefin with skateshops, go buy your shit n call it a day

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2021, 11:24:56 AM »

Going to 2 Felons right now. Hopefully I don’t get abducted, lobotomized, put in a gimp suit, and kept in the basement.

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2021, 11:27:50 AM »
Business is well I believe. I don’t work there, but the fact lotties is hating shows how business is goin over there in that little ass shop. All love tho, no one at Babylon even speaks on lotties in a bad way. It’s all love

::) smells like a bunch of Babylon employees in here

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2021, 11:28:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Really need @Sizzla in here to weigh in on the use of Babylon as a name, particularly in a black community.   Could rename it for Nak and call it Babble On.
[close]
thought this was a thread about Lotties? lol people so quick to drag babylon into some shit when what they are doing is actually pretty positive. They had Atiba over there yesterday in the bowl doing a Q&A for kids with the dead kennedys and some old punk photographer. Sounds pretty cool to me.

How many accounts are you gonna make for your shop ?

Just one will do.

Bruno_Herrera

• Rep: 1
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Going to 2 Felons right now. Hopefully I don’t get abducted, lobotomized, put in a gimp suit, and kept in the basement.

Shalom

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2021, 11:34:10 AM »
wandering around aimlessly looking for an active ride shop.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2021, 11:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
thought this was a thread about Lotties? lol people so quick to drag babylon into some shit when what they are doing is actually pretty positive. They had Atiba over there yesterday in the bowl doing a Q&A for kids with the dead kennedys and some old punk photographer. Sounds pretty cool to me.
[close]

Just one will do.
[close]
lmao you sound stupid as shit. That bowl is just fun as fuck and they’ve never vibed me out when I went there to skate it so whatever.

Your not doing Babylon any favors you thick cunt.

I can see you getting real stupid from here

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Just one will do.
[close]
lmao you sound stupid as shit. That bowl is just fun as fuck and they’ve never vibed me out when I went there to skate it so whatever.
[close]

Your not doing Babylon any favors you thick cunt.

I can see you getting real stupid from here
[close]
lmao “thick cunt”

Good one isn't it.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2021, 11:46:06 AM »
how exactly is mike hating on babylon? where do you even get this information??

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2021, 11:52:26 AM »
Lotties did do that AA car giveaway once, but then Josh Pall won so everyone thought it was rigged.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2021, 12:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's dumb. He's a dummy.
[close]

Lotties is on some racist shit. All mad Babylon moved in up the street. Lotties dude told Lee (owner Babylon) that he’s pissed he moved in and how lee will bring “ghetto kids” around. Lotties is trash y’all don’t know wtf you’re talm about.
[close]

Fucked up if true.
[close]

you're just going to blindly believe a brand new poster with this being their only post?
[close]

Edit: I have never been to lotties, never met Mike, and only know what I know through interviews I've watched or read. He seems like the kind of guy to share whatever crosses his mind, but definitely doesn't seem like a bigot. That being said, I also am still so confused as to why Nagel Nickel and Kevin Bradley would be so upset about Lotties seemingly out of nowhere after a few successful years in operation. Why all of the hate all the sudden? I think something must have happened or been said that was interpreted as racist, regardless of intention.
[close]

Two black dudes are upset at the same time, so surely something racist must have occurred. That’s really your line of thought?  I’ll let you sort out the irony in making that statement, but jesus.

The reason they’re pissed is because Lotties won’t stock the Nakel’s garbage clothing company. That’s all there is to it.
[close]

Ok, aside from the fact that you didn't just show up outta nowhere for this thread, why do I have any more reason to believe that statement than the other dude's? How is what you're saying anything more than guesswork, as well? Like genuinely curious and would love for you to explain, maybe I missed something in the thread. I definitely didn't watch Nakel's rants, so maybe I missed something there, too.

However, there is no irony to be found in understanding that a skater who is not afraid to speak out against racism in skateboarding might be going live on Instagram to trash a skateshop if the owner has said or done something that was or could be interpreted as racist.

Also important to remember that I'm not here to say this is what happened (again the key word here is if), and I'm also not saying Mike did or said anything racist. I have no idea what happened. Please keep that in mind before replying with big emotions.

Edit: watched the live rant and if that's your evidence for thinking he's upset about not getting his brand stocked, then you're the one who needs to think about the irony of your words. If you think a black man would get upset enough to take time to talk about the struggle of the black community and to raise concerns about how black people were being actively put down in this situation, over not carrying some t shirts he made... then you should look inward, friend. Because what you're saying is "black man cries racism because his t-shirts aren't cool enough to be stocked at Lotties."

I don't think he said anything about black people...

For those who missed it or don’t have insta

GinosGroceries

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2021, 12:06:10 PM »
Business is well I believe. I don’t work there, but the fact lotties is hating shows how business is goin over there in that little ass shop.All love tho, no one at Babylon even speaks on lotties in a bad way. It’s all love

Literally has the name “Fucklotties”

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2021, 12:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Business is well I believe. I don’t work there, but the fact lotties is hating shows how business is goin over there in that little ass shop.All love tho, no one at Babylon even speaks on lotties in a bad way. It’s all love
[close]

Literally has the name “Fucklotties”

Hah and I had a guy named Mr Dove threatening me over IG over this shit too.  I think you have to leave irony by the wayside when you get emotionally invested in shit like this. 

(Waving to him lurking here)

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2021, 12:13:20 PM »
Oof - sounds like some of Nak’s homies with about as many brain cells as him made accounts to back up his whining. Especially lol at fucklotties posting “it’s all love”.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2021, 12:43:55 PM »
I just looked it up and Babylon LA is some sort of horrible streetwear shop that does collabs, one of dozens of those types of stores these days.

I also noticed that the shops are literally 2 blocks away on the same street. If I was a core shop and some garbage hypebeast-adjacent retail spot, vaguely trying to connect to skating moved in, i would be bummed too. Who was on that street first?

Old_Dawg

• Rep: -24
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »
Well that was painful to watch. Hard to figure out what he really has against lotties... must be something petty. I assume ‘this’ community he refers to is not the skate community?

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »
I just looked it up and Babylon LA is some sort of horrible streetwear shop that does collabs, one of dozens of those types of stores these days.

I also noticed that the shops are literally 2 blocks away on the same street. If I was a core shop and some garbage hypebeast-adjacent retail spot, vaguely trying to connect to skating moved in, i would be bummed too. Who was on that street first?

man listen Nakel is an idiot ok he shouldn't have said this but just fucking sit your ass down and shut the fuck up if you dont know how well Babylon is for that area. seems like its connecting all types of skating interested people. no need for selling all types of hardgoods.
nothing worse than skaters only wanting to be around skaters.
it makes sense actually if nakel hates Lotties and dudes like you end up going there.
you just can't take anything that is remotely cool.
some of y'all sound like you skate with full body procreation gear on just trying to further proof the point that nak hasn't his emotions under control.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:07:53 PM by fs180 »

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2021, 12:55:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
babylon did baker collabs and spitfire collabs before Lotties was even a shop

that's not what I asked. who was on that street first?

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2021, 01:05:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

man listen Nakel is an idiot ok he shouldn't have said this but just fucking sit your ass down and shut the fuck up if you dont know how well Babylon is for that area. seems like its connecting all types of skating interested people. no need for selling all types of hardwoods.
it makes sense actually if nakel hates Lotties and dudes like you end up going there.
some of y'all sound like you skate with full body procreation gear on just trying to further proof the point that nak hasn't his emotions under control.

Worthy of things that made me laugh today.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2021, 01:14:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

man listen Nakel is an idiot ok he shouldn't have said this but just fucking sit your ass down and shut the fuck up if you dont know how well Babylon is for that area. seems like its connecting all types of skating interested people. no need for selling all types of hardgoods.

If you think it's cool then it definitely isn't.

And how the fuck do you know how "well" it is for the area. Dont you live in Germany?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
All I got from this is that Babylon is some sort of Supreme like shop now. "Skate shop" turned into some hypebeast store...is that correct?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2021, 01:23:17 PM »
All the shops being discussed in here are about 7-8 minutes from me but I think I will keep going to the one 10 minutes away.