Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178826 times)

GeorgeCostanza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #510 on: May 26, 2021, 07:32:31 PM »
been skating for 13 years and dont know what difference between vulc or cupsole is you guys are regular
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

doyle

• Rep: 213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #511 on: May 26, 2021, 08:12:59 PM »
When the Owens first came out they were vulcs.

Then they switched it to have the VLK sole (and maybe had both out at the same time for a couple seasons).

I never really understood what the VLK meant, but Tactics considers it a vulc. It also says:

VLK Performance Vulc - Crated Midsole: Adds structure and durability while protecting against heel bruise. The crated design increases support without sacrificing flexibility.

Radial Edge: The rounded edge provides the performance of a cupsole while maintaining the feel of a vulcanized shoe. This improves heel stability and board feel while offering a minimal break in period.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #512 on: May 26, 2021, 08:22:48 PM »
Really wanna know what’s going on with lotties

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #513 on: May 26, 2021, 08:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Where could this thread go next? The possibilities are endless
[close]
Is he of adidas tho
How's his sexual health
WTF is ACID-PLY
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #514 on: May 26, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »
Vere is Lotties Koing?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #515 on: May 26, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »
you sure you don't wanna know whether the owens are vulc or cup??

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #516 on: May 26, 2021, 08:40:38 PM »
When the Owens first came out they were vulcs.

Then they switched it to have the VLK sole (and maybe had both out at the same time for a couple seasons).

I never really understood what the VLK meant, but Tactics considers it a vulc. It also says:

Expand Quote
VLK Performance Vulc - Crated Midsole: Adds structure and durability while protecting against heel bruise. The crated design increases support without sacrificing flexibility.

Radial Edge: The rounded edge provides the performance of a cupsole while maintaining the feel of a vulcanized shoe. This improves heel stability and board feel while offering a minimal break in period.
[close]

They did name it a vulc specifically there in your quote^, so I guess that settles it. That shoe had me fooled!  Haha. I've never seen a vulc without a foxing wrap. To be honest almost no one ever asks to try them on.   :o

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #517 on: May 26, 2021, 08:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you sure you don't wanna know whether the owens are vulc or cup??

Culc?

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #518 on: May 26, 2021, 09:07:51 PM »
I remember the simpler times when KB was stranded at a gas station in Nor Cal
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #519 on: May 26, 2021, 09:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
So Nakel said things about a shop people didn’t like...or is there something bigger that I’m missing?
[close]

if you believe the grapevine... nak personally directed the bloods and crips to assault everyone they saw wearing a Lotties t shirt. Brian Lotti (owner of Lotties) had to preemptively go out of business to avoid both legal liability and a gangland hit on himself.  Sad story, but the consensus is - Nak is the villain (as usual)

nak is the "necessary evil".
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #520 on: May 26, 2021, 10:52:09 PM »
It would be cool to hear from someone directly involved in the manufacturing what they classify it as... it seems to be one piece, which would mean it's not a vulc. The foxing tape bonding process is literally what vulcanization is.

As I understand it; with a cupsole your foot is on top of the midsole. Whereas with a vulc your foot is submerged within the midsole.

The foxing tape is a by product of attaching the sole and doesn't define a vulc. Cupsole uppers are stitched into the midsole.

That being said I haven't noticed any stitching in recent cupsoles (emerica g6's for example). Maybe emericatm can offer some insight?

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #521 on: May 26, 2021, 11:40:12 PM »
Expand Quote
It would be cool to hear from someone directly involved in the manufacturing what they classify it as... it seems to be one piece, which would mean it's not a vulc. The foxing tape bonding process is literally what vulcanization is.
[close]

As I understand it; with a cupsole your foot is on top of the midsole. Whereas with a vulc your foot is submerged within the midsole.

The foxing tape is a by product of attaching the sole and doesn't define a vulc. Cupsole uppers are stitched into the midsole.

That being said I haven't noticed any stitching in recent cupsoles (emerica g6's for example). Maybe emericatm can offer some insight?

Thanks for laying it out clear. I think I understand where the confusion is coming from - but I do concede that Lakai is calling that shoe a vulc, so I can't claim it as a cupsole.

A cupsole shoe is a one piece sole that literally cups the upper of the shoe, and is either stitched or glued in. I believe there can be heat processes used in the bonding as well but I can't site any specifics. But the reason it's called a cupsole is because it forms a cup since the sidewall and bottom are one molded piece.

A Vulcanized shoe is a shoe that has a sole (and some sort of midsole, even if it's just material), bonded to the upper using a strip of rubber and heat. The heat is required and it's what defines vulcanization. It's an old process and it's how tires are made. This link has a guy from Sole Tech perfectly explaining what vulcanization is in terms of shoes...

Product knowledge meetings in skateshops in the late 90's was where I first learned about the difference. The parts of your quote I highlighted are where you got it mixed up. No big. I was wrong about that Lakai shoe - I guess they heat it on but without a separate wrap? Seems like that would be a weaker bond.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2021, 11:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Where could this thread go next? The possibilities are endless
[close]

Burnout420

• Rep: -27
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2021, 12:13:51 AM »
Nak is not a bad skater by any means. Their are worse skaters who are milking it. Idk why people are trying to doubt his skills just cause he does some wack shit which ends up being entertaining for this message board.

harch

• Rep: -2
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2021, 12:59:49 AM »
Does Nickel offer free shipping on his merch? I'm trying to impress some chick so want his stuff.

veritas

« Reply #525 on: May 27, 2021, 02:05:45 AM »
Does Nickel offer free shipping on his merch? I'm trying to impress some chick so want his stuff.

Can someone photoshop Nak’s face onto a coin? This thread hasn’t even started to peak

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #526 on: May 27, 2021, 02:46:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for laying it out clear. I think I understand where the confusion is coming from - but I do concede that Lakai is calling that shoe a vulc, so I can't claim it as a cupsole.

A cupsole shoe is a one piece sole that literally cups the upper of the shoe, and is either stitched or glued in. I believe there can be heat processes used in the bonding as well but I can't site any specifics. But the reason it's called a cupsole is because it forms a cup since the sidewall and bottom are one molded piece.

A Vulcanized shoe is a shoe that has a sole (and some sort of midsole, even if it's just material), bonded to the upper using a strip of rubber and heat. The heat is required and it's what defines vulcanization. It's an old process and it's how tires are made. This link has a guy from Sole Tech perfectly explaining what vulcanization is in terms of shoes...

Product knowledge meetings in skateshops in the late 90's was where I first learned about the difference. The parts of your quote I highlighted are where you got it mixed up. No big. I was wrong about that Lakai shoe - I guess they heat it on but without a separate wrap? Seems like that would be a weaker bond.

pretty good video explanation, thx for posting. i will just post this in the future instead of trying to explain this myself.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #527 on: May 27, 2021, 04:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can someone photoshop Nak’s face onto a coin? This thread hasn’t even started to peak

I'm all in for this plot twist.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #528 on: May 27, 2021, 04:58:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve checked back on this a shameful amount of times to see if it has happened. This might be my favorite thread, from @fs180 being earning his rightful spot in my signature to cupsoles, this shit is a fucking gold mine.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #529 on: May 27, 2021, 05:00:40 AM »

This thread is on its way to Slap classics so please do us a favor and speed up the process by reporting back with deets on said encounter with future boo. Godspeed.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #530 on: May 27, 2021, 05:35:09 AM »
I log off for a day and now we're arguing the difference between vulc and cupsole. God bless this place.

What the fuck is a credit card hold?

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #531 on: May 27, 2021, 06:43:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #532 on: May 27, 2021, 06:50:33 AM »
this thread is dying.

who has the inside scoop on the reasons why lotties is closing??? where is that one stoner local and that anti hero dude who was brown nosing for nak

it's actually mad saddening to see lotties going through something like this., i always thought they had to be one of the most successful skate shops :(

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #533 on: May 27, 2021, 07:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Would Gnar 100%.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #534 on: May 27, 2021, 07:45:58 AM »
anyone know how to mint crypto?

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #535 on: May 27, 2021, 07:48:07 AM »
this thread is dying.

who has the inside scoop on the reasons why lotties is closing??? where is that one stoner local and that anti hero dude who was brown nosing for nak

it's actually mad saddening to see lotties going through something like this., i always thought they had to be one of the most successful skate shops :(

For real. Isn’t there a local Slap Pal that’s willing to take the risk of getting cool guy’d for the sake of our curiosity?  I got a sheet of that Nike grip tape on it

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #536 on: May 27, 2021, 08:08:06 AM »
anyone know how to mint crypto?

NaKoin going up baby

shalom

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2021, 08:29:49 AM »
I hear Reddit skateboards are really bad. Do you think theyre talking about Vulc/Cup over there? or Nakel V. Brian Lottie (Defendant)
ok thanks

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2021, 08:34:55 AM »
I hear Reddit skateboards are really bad. Do you think theyre talking about Vulc/Cup over there? or Nakel V. Brian Lottie (Defendant)

they like talkin bout how much strange they got from wearing ateeshirtnolongeragildan

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2021, 08:42:43 AM »
I'll call them when they open if y'all are too scared.