Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178094 times)

yungthug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #1020 on: June 09, 2021, 09:16:29 AM »
I understand the archetype. I just am not into that kind of dude anymore. and I think the world has moved on. he's like the high fidelity guy of skateshops. Autumn in NYC was a lot like that.  I (used to) travel all over the place too and have not really been running into that kind of guy anymore. that whole judgmental sourpuss thing is very late gen-x / elder millennial. the younger guys are always pretty positive and "chill" seeming. honestly im actually sort of surprised and refreshed at the newer attitude I encounter in real life because I am more used to the mike Lottie type guy. a lot of my old friend are basically like that and grouching it up online to me and it gets pretty tiresome. then I go to the skate shop and the 20 year old guy is like YO!
That is weirdly accurate. I am on the very tail end of the "jaded sarcastic hating on everything" being cool skateboarding generation and kind of have that personality if I am being honest.

The younger kids at the park are friendlier than we were at their age and seem genuinely hyped on most things. It's sick, and makes me hopeful for the future!

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1021 on: June 09, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »
Someone needs to nak some sense into this kid.
Suns out, im going skating. chow

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #1022 on: June 09, 2021, 09:36:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

this guy seems like a dick. why exactly are we supposed to be backing him?
[close]
Seems like he would be fun to talk to. Some of his opinions are funny. Now I get why some people felt cool guyed in his shop and some had great experiences.
[close]

that's correct. are you socially handicapped and don't understand that a group of friends or coworkers will have references and opinions based on previous conversations that you weren't privy to? if so, yeah, you probably have a bad time in any skate shop.

i've gone to a loooot of shops all across the US. i'm a glasses wearing dude that shaves his legs for cycling. if anyone deserves to get cool guy'd, it's me, because i look like a dumbass. but i don't, because i know how to talk to other people and i don't try and pretend like i've been friends with everyone for a decade when i haven't.
[close]

I understand the archetype. I just am not into that kind of dude anymore. and I think the world has moved on. he's like the high fidelity guy of skateshops. Autumn in NYC was a lot like that.  I (used to) travel all over the place too and have not really been running into that kind of guy anymore. that whole judgmental sourpuss thing is very late gen-x / elder millennial. the younger guys are always pretty positive and "chill" seeming. honestly im actually sort of surprised and refreshed at the newer attitude I encounter in real life because I am more used to the mike Lottie type guy. a lot of my old friend are basically like that and grouching it up online to me and it gets pretty tiresome. then I go to the skate shop and the 20 year old guy is like YO!

I was on the verge of getting cool guyed at Pawnshop on a recent work trip. I rolled up there product in combed hair, button up, office appropriate jeans and some Nike runners (honestly, I would have vibed myself out of the shop). Had 3 other employees with me, none of which skate, we ran over there after getting out of our first day on the assignment so I could grab a deck for the duration of the trip. I'm sure we looked out of place as fuck. Dude eased up when pulled my trucks and wheels out of my work backpack and they looked skated. Even more once I pointed at a certain deck from behind the counter and said "that ones an 8.25, right?" just based off graphic and being a fucking gear nerd and then asked for MOB by name and not just griptape, which they didn't have. Got to talking while being rung up and by the end of it he was giving me directions to street spots and parks.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1023 on: June 09, 2021, 09:38:53 AM »

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1024 on: June 09, 2021, 09:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Who wore it best?

[close]

Holy Crap that's my neighbor's daughter. I am the same age as her mother. Think I might need to quit SLAP....

Dm me her @?

Growing up skating my homies and I were all big fans of Nak and the crew he came up with, seems like he just never really grew up and evolved like they did. Tyshawn, KB, Swan, and others have certified themselves as legends with standout parts in major projects but yeah the most memorable think Nak ever did was bail. With some mental problems of my own I can def say Nak is not taking care of himself as good as he has the resources to. For sure being a big lame all over the place. Focusing boards as a gimmick?? Really??

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1025 on: June 09, 2021, 10:01:27 AM »
lmfao Nak isnt off shit
i wouldnt buy a nak board but he has been entertaining me a lot for the last few years, he is one of my favorite skaters actually

i have read all 33 pages and i wont deny he has kooked it, i guess all in all i dont really care. hes not my moral compass, hes not really someone i look up to. I look up more to TJ actually, i think he is my #1 favorite skater right now and i just really like how he doesnt do much interviews or say too much. not everyone can be TJ though, takes an entire world of industry for this thing to spin. if everyone didnt do interviews, tj wouldnt seem cool, and also, there wouldnt be any content lol. slap would be pretty boring place.

i think it is funny people are calling out white on black racism on slap as a whole when theres just the odd troll here or there who makes stupid comments - probably from US or Canada. It has defintinely never been about that as a whole but not every single user chimes in on every post you have to realize unless you have actually been to ppls scenes or had other convos with these guys youd have no clue what they are about offline. we have a slap discord i have talked to many slap users worldwide for like... decades now lol it is the exact opposite of that it is actually a place anyone can really connect with the community in any city internationally as long as you arent kooking it

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #1026 on: June 09, 2021, 10:22:45 AM »
this thread has been amazing.

too bad about lotties. one thing is for sure: it definitely wasn't just Nakel that caused him to decide to close it up. probably a number of factors.

lotties family tree is crazy. the money and connections can't hurt, that's for sure.

when a shop opens in your area, it is normal to speak to distributors and companies and try and lock in their product for your shop only. if that is all Lotties did in respect to Neighborhood or whatever the new shop is called, then I don't see what the problem is. this is normal retail stuff. where I used to live we had three different shops within 15 minutes of each other, each with their own exclusive shoes or boards on the wall. it's not that big of deal.

also this:

It’s stupid to speculate about a stranger’s mental health

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #1027 on: June 09, 2021, 11:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

what does nak seem like to you then ?
[close]

someone who was abused as a kid and has untreated bipolar disorder
[close]

Did you have to stretch before you made that leap?
[close]

no its pretty obvious
[close]

Go on…
[close]

his behavior pattern are very high (spazzing ripping some kid shirt off) followed by low (deleting all his IG content), he doesn't seem like he can rein it in, his behavior is hurting his actual life and livelihood , it doesn't seem like he has an established familial/friend network to lean on or that is helping him to cool down - because he doesn't trust anyone because someone in his past abused him either actively or passively via absence/neglect. It might not be "abuse" per se but just extreme parental absence, which is classified as a form of abuse by child psychs. if youre in active military you see a lot of base kids with behavioral problems very similar, sometimes even a lot worse (like drop trou and piss in middle of class,  punching teachers etc) when one of the parents is deployed
[close]

People just can’t be assholes anymore? Nak seems like an entitled asshole.
[close]

I think I'm  on the wrong forum here, if people watched that monster children thing and think that dude is cool and not an asshole. he don't like surfers, music snobs, vegans, people who hate trump, etc. ok whatever, but then why get into a customer facing business in Los Angeles ??  to me nak just seem like the hyper skate guy who runs his mouth too much, theres always one of those around. but usually guys dont get into a business where they already hate 80% of their potential customers
[close]

People like you are so annoying on these boards.   It’s like you intentionally didn’t hear anything he actually said.   He doesn’t hate vegans, he hates the hypocritical vegans who do coke also because cocaine carves a much bloodier path to go up your nose than the beef for a hamburger does.  He hates the music snobs who make you name an entire discography and history in order to be able to say you can officially “like” a band, and surfers out here are paradoxically ultra aggressive about their spots whilst being “at peace with nature and good vibes”
[close]
So he hates gatekeeping nerds but at the same time is an even bigger gatekeeping nerd?
This dudes got adidas ceo money but is pretending he’s some small core shop. Also hates the kids who buys his product but take too long to set up their board? How about you properly show the kid how to do it then, and be thankful anyone is buying your marker bullshit anyway.  It’s because it was never about making money to this douche in the first place. He just wanted to play dress up as a skate shop owner, doesn’t care if it actually fails or not because he’s got the worlds biggest safety net. No wonder the locals vibed him out. Dude is the definition of “when keeping it real goes wrong”
Nak is whack too but there‘s nothing more to be said about him that hasn’t already been said in 30+ pages.
[close]

the other thing is that if you live in nyc he is a stereotype. he is the same as every 1 percenter Pratt kid slumming for clout.  they seem like a normal part of the crew, he has the dumb tattoos, he is some dudes roommate, they live in a dump but then you start to notice some things are off, like hes got 150 grand worth of modular synthesizers, an amex black card, and goes to aspen for Christmas...

Are you talking about Cyrus Bennett?

Also

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #1028 on: June 09, 2021, 11:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had to look back on the thread to make sure that the vulc vs cupsole argument was indeed in the same thread that developed into Lotties entire genealogy, hot air baloon theories, and f500 commercial real estate firms.
[close]

It’s the thread that keeps on giving.
[close]
Still waiting to hear what Acidply is
[close]

There has to be a page count threshold after which threads tend to devolve into total lunacy. It is clearly before 30

ACIDPLY is literally nothing. It is just made up market hype to sell boards. As much as I love Quasi I have had too many of their boards with major glue/bonding issues to pick up another one. Maybe it's a PS Stix issue in general I don't know, but I have had them delaminate often,even length wise form nose to tail.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1029 on: June 09, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »
Probably a ps stix thing. And yes acid ply is intended as a joke.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1030 on: June 09, 2021, 12:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had to look back on the thread to make sure that the vulc vs cupsole argument was indeed in the same thread that developed into Lotties entire genealogy, hot air baloon theories, and f500 commercial real estate firms.
[close]

[close]
[close]

There has to be a page count threshold after which threads tend to devolve into total lunacy. It is clearly before 30
[close]

ACIDPLY is literally nothing. It is just made up market hype to sell boards. As much as I love Quasi I have had too many of their boards with major glue/bonding issues to pick up another one. Maybe it's a PS Stix issue in general I don't know, but I have had them delaminate often,even length wise form nose to tail.
yeah i've noticed ps stix tends to have some quality control issues. the first ps board i had was amazing and then the rest were terrible and would feel soggy after like one session

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1031 on: June 09, 2021, 12:45:24 PM »
This thread is making my head spin. I’m gonna take a dill pill and nak out for a while.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1032 on: June 09, 2021, 01:38:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
yeah i've noticed ps stix tends to have some quality control issues. the first ps board i had was amazing and then the rest were terrible and would feel soggy after like one session

I just took apart a few week old quasi because of the same issue, I swear it just happened over night too, ps stix been blowing it lately. Heard there’s a new wood shop around where I’m at that has all of the old Chapman presses, I’m excited to try one out

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
« Reply #1033 on: June 09, 2021, 02:05:13 PM »
acidply is literally a joke making fun of boards with some sort of tech in them. how is that not obvious

ill never know whos trolling

free max b
FREE MAX B

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1034 on: June 09, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry to derail the thread further, but I just tried a Quasi for the first time, and I snapped the nose clean on a flatground nollie heel on only the third session. I never snap boards, I crack them at worst. I couldn't believe it. I had just gotten off a Baker I skated for damn near a year. Guess I'm of PS Stix.

Semi-related to the thread, I'm glad to see my local in LA has not stirred up any drama.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1035 on: June 09, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »
The 9 club clout got to Paul Schmidt’s head and now he’s milking it

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1036 on: June 09, 2021, 02:36:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Sorry to derail the thread further, but I just tried a Quasi for the first time, and I snapped the nose clean on a flatground nollie heel on only the third session. I never snap boards, I crack them at worst. I couldn't believe it. I had just gotten off a Baker I skated for damn near a year. Guess I'm of PS Stix.

Semi-related to the thread, I'm glad to see my local in LA has not stirred up any drama.

I don't know, I think thats possible with any new board. I did the same thing to a brand new FA Sid and Nancy board on flat ground first time I rode it. As far as PS Stix, I don't find they feel soggy though, more like springy. I love them when they don't fall apart.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
« Reply #1037 on: June 09, 2021, 03:07:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I don't know, I think thats possible with any new board. I did the same thing to a brand new FA Sid and Nancy board on flat ground first time I rode it. As far as PS Stix, I don't find they feel soggy though, more like springy. I love them when they don't fall apart.

It feels so weird to say, but I have skated more good Palace boards than anything PS Stix.

Also Julius Randle could never have kept that pace up.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1038 on: June 09, 2021, 03:16:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

It feels so weird to say, but I have skated more good Palace boards than anything PS Stix.

Also Julius Randle could never have kept that pace up.

Sadly not surprising to me anymore. I feel like PS's production fell off around the pandemic thats when I started noticing things like the hand filing being very unsymmetrical and of course the issues with the glue...I've wasted a lot of Nikals on those boards.   

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1039 on: June 09, 2021, 03:23:07 PM »
acidply is literally a joke making fun of boards with some sort of tech in them. how is that not obvious

free max b

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1040 on: June 09, 2021, 03:40:26 PM »

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #1041 on: June 09, 2021, 03:48:42 PM »

Was pretty sick when T-Funk did that gap to wallride just up the hill from Kramer. 

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
« Reply #1042 on: June 09, 2021, 03:54:47 PM »
hahah fuck never noticed that. that episode is so good too. rarely played in syndication for whatever reason but its a goodn

free max b
FREE MAX B

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #1043 on: June 09, 2021, 04:47:01 PM »
so i go to the store and get a shirt a few weeks ago. the next day, a friend flies into town and since it's not far out of the way while driving home, i bring him to check it out and it's boarded up. the day after, I fly to mexico for like 2 weeks and haven't been on slap and now this?

this is all dumb and i have no idea if there is truth to any of it, but if its legit, i dont want to get targeted just for wearing a stupid shirt.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1197
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1044 on: June 09, 2021, 05:02:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

what does nak seem like to you then ?
[close]

someone who was abused as a kid and has untreated bipolar disorder
[close]

Did you have to stretch before you made that leap?
[close]

no its pretty obvious
[close]

Go on…
[close]

his behavior pattern are very high (spazzing ripping some kid shirt off) followed by low (deleting all his IG content), he doesn't seem like he can rein it in, his behavior is hurting his actual life and livelihood , it doesn't seem like he has an established familial/friend network to lean on or that is helping him to cool down - because he doesn't trust anyone because someone in his past abused him either actively or passively via absence/neglect. It might not be "abuse" per se but just extreme parental absence, which is classified as a form of abuse by child psychs. if youre in active military you see a lot of base kids with behavioral problems very similar, sometimes even a lot worse (like drop trou and piss in middle of class,  punching teachers etc) when one of the parents is deployed
[close]

People just can’t be assholes anymore? Nak seems like an entitled asshole.
[close]

I think I'm  on the wrong forum here, if people watched that monster children thing and think that dude is cool and not an asshole. he don't like surfers, music snobs, vegans, people who hate trump, etc. ok whatever, but then why get into a customer facing business in Los Angeles ??  to me nak just seem like the hyper skate guy who runs his mouth too much, theres always one of those around. but usually guys dont get into a business where they already hate 80% of their potential customers
[close]

People like you are so annoying on these boards.   It’s like you intentionally didn’t hear anything he actually said.   He doesn’t hate vegans, he hates the hypocritical vegans who do coke also because cocaine carves a much bloodier path to go up your nose than the beef for a hamburger does.  He hates the music snobs who make you name an entire discography and history in order to be able to say you can officially “like” a band, and surfers out here are paradoxically ultra aggressive about their spots whilst being “at peace with nature and good vibes”
[close]
So he hates gatekeeping nerds but at the same time is an even bigger gatekeeping nerd?
This dudes got adidas ceo money but is pretending he’s some small core shop. Also hates the kids who buys his product but take too long to set up their board? How about you properly show the kid how to do it then, and be thankful anyone is buying your marker bullshit anyway.  It’s because it was never about making money to this douche in the first place. He just wanted to play dress up as a skate shop owner, doesn’t care if it actually fails or not because he’s got the worlds biggest safety net. No wonder the locals vibed him out. Dude is the definition of “when keeping it real goes wrong”
Nak is whack too but there‘s nothing more to be said about him that hasn’t already been said in 30+ pages.
[close]

the other thing is that if you live in nyc he is a stereotype. he is the same as every 1 percenter Pratt kid slumming for clout.  they seem like a normal part of the crew, he has the dumb tattoos, he is some dudes roommate, they live in a dump but then you start to notice some things are off, like hes got 150 grand worth of modular synthesizers, an amex black card, and goes to aspen for Christmas...
[close]

Also
Expand Quote

[close]
can we get an update on this i’m very curious because i know andrew and johnny wilson are very secure financially so if this isn’t about them, it’d be funny to know the rest of the crew is the same way.

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1045 on: June 09, 2021, 05:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was pretty sick when T-Funk did that gap to wallride just up the hill from Kramer.

This is also where the "bank" that Basher (Don Cheadle) attempted to rob and got away from with Rusty (Brad Pitt) in Ocean's Eleven is.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #1046 on: June 09, 2021, 05:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote

Also

[close]

no. I had never heard of Cyrus Bennet until I saw the thread about him on here.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1047 on: June 09, 2021, 05:38:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Also

[close]

how many times you gonna delete your posts?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1048 on: June 09, 2021, 05:53:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Also

[close]

[close]
how many times you gonna delete your posts?
[close]

probably leave a few up though next week then delete the rest of them
beefy lad is nickel confirmed

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1049 on: June 09, 2021, 06:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]
Yesterday I grew impatient waiting for someone to explain ACIDPLY to me so I just went and bought one. First session I chipped the nose. I put the chip under my tongue and for the next eight hours I could skate like Dick Rizzo
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.