Author Topic: Happy 20th Birthday SLAP FORUM  (Read 7190 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Happy 20th Birthday SLAP FORUM
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2021, 11:32:01 AM »
He's the first member of this version of the forum, which started in 2005 (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0). Not sure he was the first first member, though. On a related note, Andy Stone was maybe the first pro to post on here. Sluggo was also an early Slap pro and sent RDS videos to whoever wanted one.

Oh snap. Forgot about sluggo. Dude was super cool and had me hyped on RDS. My friends were saying "wtf??" Ha ha ha

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gipper could be pretty insufferable, but he had that back 5050 on the clipper, so there was respect due. Homie never had a problem talking about prostate milking either ha ha ha dude was probably a cool high school teacher.
[close]
As in the Clipper hubba? Why am I only learning of this now?!?!??!
[close]

I believe that it was the Hubba hubba.

You're correct. I just remember it being kind of a big deal because homie's jaws were always flapping and clapping, so to show up with some pretty good footage at a legendary spot was legit.

@rocklobster, that's really rad that you got stuff sent to you in SE Asia! It felt like a big deal for a kid on the east coast to get mail from the SF promised land. Can't imagine the level of stoke you experienced!!!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gipper could be pretty insufferable, but he had that back 5050 on the clipper, so there was respect due. Homie never had a problem talking about prostate milking either ha ha ha dude was probably a cool high school teacher.
[close]
As in the Clipper hubba? Why am I only learning of this now?!?!??!
[close]

What made Gipper eventually focus? Didn’t he have something like 50k posts? I remember him debating/arguing with a lot of people.
[close]

he didn't focus, profile is still up. just disappeared.

Dudes still lurking, for sure. He was once named Turkey Lurkey, after all  :o
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2021, 01:24:18 PM »
@DaSk8D00D was really active around the time I got on SLAP. Definitely someone people either loved or hated, but I thought he was always entertaining. Pretty damn good on his skateboard, too. Heelflip to fakie sig was the best.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2021, 02:46:51 PM »
@DaSk8D00D was really active around the time I got on SLAP. Definitely someone people either loved or hated, but I thought he was always entertaining. Pretty damn good on his skateboard, too. Heelflip to fakie sig was the best.

Those were wild times my friend, I'm just happy to have gone for the ride

Congrats on SLAP's 20 year anniversary

I see y'all added all those site features I asked for years ago while y'all crucified me for trying to "change too much"

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2021, 05:36:40 PM »
I remember sluggo complaining to me about Mizzark trolling him. 

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »
I remember sluggo complaining to me about Mizzark trolling him.

Haven't heard that name in forever!

@rocklobster, that's really rad that you got stuff sent to you in SE Asia! It felt like a big deal for a kid on the east coast to get mail from the SF promised land. Can't imagine the level of stoke you experienced!!!

International mail was much more expensive back in the 2000s, the local skate scene was still maturing at the time and me talking about Cardiel or FUlly Flared must have been like speaking Greek to my homies.

Slap may not have been the most welcoming community, but it's our private slice of the internet that I'm proud to be part of. I love and hate that it still uses HTML and lacks modern message board functionality, but that's what makes it Slap and not r/skateboarding.

Yea, I have absolutely no problem with people liking this type skating, if you want to be gay, do you. Just don't say it's a more pure form of skateboarding, when it's the same thing. That's the only thing i have a problem with people on slap.

Came across a random CotG post from the Ricky Oyola thread.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

c-dock

• Rep: 8
  • Lurker
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2021, 09:40:05 PM »
Only started lurking in 2014 or 15, but I’ve always loved the history of anything skate related so it’s really cool to see the evolution of the site over the years. Happy 20th SLAP.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2021, 12:16:46 AM »
Happy birthday SLAP! Started my account in 2014? I think? Something like that.

Going back to the office tomorrow so I'll be lurking and posting a lot more.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2021, 01:14:05 AM »
Don’t know where I’d be in life without it  :'(

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2021, 01:25:22 AM »
I was living with the original administrator and got on the board the day it launched. Been on here in one form or another since with breaks in posting and this new name since I couldn't recover my last account.

Cocteau Twins

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2021, 02:07:17 AM »
Thank You for your service WarmUpZone

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »
Happy bday and shalom to everyone, the original Dill stylin' on you thread is one of the highlights of my life

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2021, 10:33:17 AM »
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2021, 10:36:02 AM »
10/10 thread, Op  :)

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2021, 10:58:47 AM »
as a relatively younger person compared to you guys, i never really got to experience skateboarding as a core tenet of my childhood. i only started skating when i was 15 and before that spent a lot of time on a forum for a lego game that i used to play.

now that im a full blown skater, i love the fact that slap still exists so i can pretend im a dope skater dude from the early 2000s talking with other skaters on my dial up internet connection and talk shit with yall. thank you for still being active as this forum definitely is great for someone who wants to keep social media down to a minimum while still enjoying talking to strangers.

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2021, 11:38:25 AM »
I've been on since the early days...had a different handle but lost it when board changed/updated many years ago. 

I think the only fellow PAL I met in person was The General. I met up with her when I went to a trade show in Montreal.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2021, 11:50:21 AM »
What original PALS are still on the Board?

Was GAY an original? Does anyone know why he focused or left? What's the story there?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2021, 12:06:19 PM »
people used to photoshop dicks on peoples pictures quite a bit... i feel like that wouldnt fly these days idk ? the forum used to be fucking savage man i think its calmed down quite a bit. some real fuck tards. i admit i kooked it hard but got damn people went ham
ONTARIO CANADA

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2021, 12:25:45 PM »
Also been on here since the earlyish days (2008)... but lurked more than posted, hence why im not pal status, yet have the angel logo. Happy bday Slap! We need a "where are they now?" of posters from yesteryear. Wonder what CigBeer and Tobey are up to these days.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 12:34:28 PM by Nanda Zinger »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2021, 12:32:33 PM »
people used to photoshop dicks on peoples pictures quite a bit... i feel like that wouldnt fly these days idk ? the forum used to be fucking savage man i think its calmed down quite a bit. some real fuck tards. i admit i kooked it hard but got damn people went ham

calmed down quite a bit is an understatement! mid 00s slap most definitely wouldn't fly, at all.

those photoshop dicks were brutal. Whose signature had gipper's face photoshopped on someone getting plowed and someone else eating turds in a toilet?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2021, 12:34:56 PM »

Was GAY an original? Does anyone know why he focused or left? What's the story there?
I think GAY created an account around the same time as I did. And I think he's focusing on his music more. He's popped in from time to time..
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2198
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2021, 01:13:38 PM »
Damn, good on you for tracking all that stuff down @WarmUpZone, respect. And happy anniversary to Slap. I love this place.

Used to think this place was a cesspool but would lurk it to get inside info for my blog, and then got pulled in and realized that all the sensationalist shit talk wasn't actually the majority here and that there were tons of funny and smart people. Then I found the "Whatever" section and got hooked.

Personal favourite memories are tearing apart that Bugs dude, making Faster lose his mind over his homophobia, Nick Rix flickin' them kitties, making fun of Handsome Dallas, laughing at Bipsmound's posts, and contributing and losing my mind over so many good photoshop threads. Specifically organizing The Situation photoshop thread where Officer Caruthers took the photoshop game to whole new levels.

Shout out all the pals over the year that made me laugh. Too many of you to name.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2021, 02:24:40 PM »

i really miss GAY

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

calmed down quite a bit is an understatement! mid 00s slap most definitely wouldn't fly, at all.

those photoshop dicks were brutal. Whose signature had gipper's face photoshopped on someone getting plowed and someone else eating turds in a toilet?

Couple years ago I randomly searched my name in google and saw that someone on here photoshopped dicks on my high school senior pictures

I didn't even see that shit when it happened that 7-8 year delayed ether hit different

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2021, 02:33:37 PM »
Damn, good on you for tracking all that stuff down @WarmUpZone, respect. And happy anniversary to Slap. I love this place.

Used to think this place was a cesspool but would lurk it to get inside info for my blog, and then got pulled in and realized that all the sensationalist shit talk wasn't actually the majority here and that there were tons of funny and smart people. Then I found the "Whatever" section and got hooked.

Personal favourite memories are tearing apart that Bugs dude, making Faster lose his mind over his homophobia, Nick Rix flickin' them kitties, making fun of Handsome Dallas, laughing at Bipsmound's posts, and contributing and losing my mind over so many good photoshop threads. Specifically organizing The Situation photoshop thread where Officer Caruthers took the photoshop game to whole new levels.

Shout out all the pals over the year that made me laugh. Too many of you to name.

Was Faster that NYC guy who ran a skateshop from his apartment?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2021, 02:34:30 PM »

photoshoping dicks on people is quite tame, slap is really tame compared to kiwi farms or even encyclopedia dramatica

Chickenbonenowitsgone

• Rep: 2
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2021, 03:18:21 PM »
Happy birthday slap, been on and off here for years with different accounts but first joined around 2008. Some highlights for me were jayme fortune and Henry Sanchez meltdowns, some of the first stylin on you threads, getting a fully flared link before it was out, and pontoon boat posts.
"I could get Steven Greer to show me his asshole for 75$" - Henry Zebrowski

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »
Happy birthday Slap!!
This is probably my fav place in the internet, and I really think it’s a lot more welcoming and chilled than people from the outside make it sound. Most of the Pals are genuinely nice people that happen to also be skateboarding nerds! I learnt a shit ton of things by spending hours upon hours here, not only about skateboarding but also about life. You can’t buy that.

One highlight I cant forget was @JB being the nicest dude ever and sending me some spare apple earphones all the way from the US, for free, to me, a broke ass teenager living in Portugal, cause I wrote about mine breaking in the “things you’re not stoked about” thread. Infinite gnars!

Also, RIP 360frip and RustyBerrings. Gone but never forgotten!

Shalom to all the Pals and long live SLAP!   :-*

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
anyone else remember Beans? real interesting character that one was.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2021, 06:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i really miss GAY

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2021, 06:21:47 PM »

afaik GAY is doing well. i saw him lurking from time to time. nothing against slap, just had a lot going on last i heard and needed to focus energy on his real life time. he seems to enjoy his slap free time, ha.

GAY if you read this come back to say hi, we love you and miss you.

or don't, dowutchalike.