Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 45109 times)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1770 on: August 31, 2023, 09:09:06 PM »
@Sativa Lung Maybe I'll train one day and a BBQ chef gimmick would be right up my alley.

As far as the tag team discussion is concerned, I think of this generation FTR and the bucks can be arguably considered the best. The Revival held TAG TITLES in WWE and NXT (3 and 2 times respectively), AEW twice and ROH 1 time (not as major) They also won the NJPW tag titles. Id say they have a claim to one of the best teams of this era when tag teams have been pushed aside.

I can see the Usos but they were pretty boring personalities with facepaint before the gimmick change and they have been raised a lot with the Bloodline story which isnt really pushing TAG TEAM wrestling.

Young Bucks wether you like them or not in the ring cannot be dissputed as one of the most iconic teams of this era. From to merch to how they could seemingly work shows in Japan, LA, Mexico, Puerto Rico and some other random city in the same week (Im exaggerating somewhat, but close to it) and all of them being sold out, Large to stadium sized venues speaks to their draw power. also got their shirts and lots of NJPW merch in most malls in North America off a youtube show is insane.

Brothers of Destruction as a suggestion of being better is too funny, I laughed out loud. When you think of Taker or Kane is the first or even tenth thing you think of is them as a tag team?

Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1771 on: September 01, 2023, 05:58:06 PM »
@Sativa Lung Maybe I'll train one day and a BBQ chef gimmick would be right up my alley.

As far as the tag team discussion is concerned, I think of this generation FTR and the bucks can be arguably considered the best. The Revival held TAG TITLES in WWE and NXT (3 and 2 times respectively), AEW twice and ROH 1 time (not as major) They also won the NJPW tag titles. Id say they have a claim to one of the best teams of this era when tag teams have been pushed aside.

I can see the Usos but they were pretty boring personalities with facepaint before the gimmick change and they have been raised a lot with the Bloodline story which isnt really pushing TAG TEAM wrestling.

Young Bucks wether you like them or not in the ring cannot be dissputed as one of the most iconic teams of this era. From to merch to how they could seemingly work shows in Japan, LA, Mexico, Puerto Rico and some other random city in the same week (Im exaggerating somewhat, but close to it) and all of them being sold out, Large to stadium sized venues speaks to their draw power. also got their shirts and lots of NJPW merch in most malls in North America off a youtube show is insane.

Brothers of Destruction as a suggestion of being better is too funny, I laughed out loud. When you think of Taker or Kane is the first or even tenth thing you think of is them as a tag team?

Absolutely think of them as a tag team. They had the moments as a team & had gold. They had chemistry, etc. are they in the top 10, no…

But FTR is boring, look out of shape, have terrible mic skills, they have nothing. Then the Bucks; they’re just stunt men with super kicks. Not to mention there are ZERO skills on microphone. That’s what I look for.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1772 on: September 01, 2023, 08:10:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Absolutely think of them as a tag team. They had the moments as a team & had gold. They had chemistry, etc. are they in the top 10, no…

But FTR is boring, look out of shape, have terrible mic skills, they have nothing. Then the Bucks; they’re just stunt men with super kicks. Not to mention there are ZERO skills on microphone. That’s what I look for.

Too each their own some prefer the soap oprea some prefer the in ring. Or the sizzle and the steak if we're talking JR terms. (Undertaker never really fucking talked tho so your argument is about as firm as 7 plys of cardboard and Kanes never been a mic mesiah either)

To say and BoD had the gold is funny considering FTR had the Gold as many times in 3 years vs Brother of destructions 22 years on the WWE main roster.

Also I think you are its disingenuous for anyone to claim Brother of Distruction Tag Team moments are even in Taker and Kanes top 5 moments let alone them being one of the best Tag Teams. Hell when i think of Taker and Kane's careers respectivley as a tag team wrestlers isnt even the 20th thing let alone them being a top 20 team

Where are my Duece and Domino fans at? They might be one of the best teams ever, THEY HAD THE GOLD!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:34:34 PM by WPG »
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #1773 on: September 02, 2023, 05:32:46 AM »
I don't put as much weight on modern title reigns just because they hot-shot belts so often these days and the tag belts end up being one of the worst victims a lot of the time. For me it's a lot more about how they perform within the constraints of the stories they're given and FTR is one of those teams that I liked the first few times I saw it but its just old hat now. I can only see people kick out of a finisher multiple times so often before it loses it's impact. When they wrestle the bucks it always feels like they just flip a coin to see who's gonna get the pin and everything up to the point feels the same....It's lazy. Cash is a better worker than Dax but even he is kind of just your standard small jacked Indy guy. They can talk.. I hate when they do, but the cheugy fans always seem to respond.

I'm probably more impressed by Aussie open type teams that are kind a throwback in spirit but not style or gimmick. They just come out and wrestle really well with lots of cool double teams and fluid tag spots. Its weird because I tend to like gimmicks on a single and stables but for just straight tag teams they seem to wear out their welcome faster. Im not really including the teams that are just two established singles wrestlers stuck together either...I actually kind of like when they do gimmicky shit in that scenario. I may be a bit fickle haha.

I rewatched the jerichospreay match and caught something I missed the first time...I'm pretty sure Jericho bladed his chest haha. You can see him go for the gig in his wrist tape right before the blood appears and if you pause it's pretty clearly a cut rather than the skin ripping open like when guys actually bleed from chops. Weird choice... I guess after stadium stampede and punk and all the other matches with blood he wanted to do something different but still bleed? Shoulda just gone for the "I did so much coke I forgot where my blade was and sliced my arm open taking off my jacket" Kerry Von Erich spot. Please, never stop being such a carny Chris.

Also if we're talking all time wwf tag greats Brothers of Destruction ain't got shit on Mae and Moolah.

Fun fact apparently Mae was such "one of the boys" that she stuffed sardines in the crotch of her underwear before she did this to Bischoff and farted in Bubba's face when he powerbombed her off the stage and started laughing about it.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1774 on: September 02, 2023, 01:06:10 PM »
Aussie Open >FTR

Aussie Open is sick

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1776 on: September 02, 2023, 02:33:20 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #1777 on: September 02, 2023, 03:21:35 PM »

An idiot fired from a secondary promotion that is at best WCW 2.0.

This is the professional wrestling thread.   I think your looking for the Sports Entertainment Thread

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1778 on: September 02, 2023, 04:14:34 PM »
Holy shit Tony finally grew a set. I was waiting for him to give him his own ppvs. Thank fuck, dude did nothing but sully his legacy and let everyone know (again) how much of a soft ass manchild he is. At least we got the dog collar match.

What does collision become now?

Edit - lol just saw this on Twitter

https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/168dd2o/dynamite_september_15_2021_cm_punks_comment_about/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 04:34:07 PM by Sativa Lung »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1779 on: September 02, 2023, 05:37:48 PM »

You say that like it's a bad thing... WCW might have shit the bed hard at the end but they were neck and neck with the fed for almost a decade after Turner came on board and if you trace the legacy back to Crockett then it becomes difficult to even define the impact it had. In a lot of ways WCW kept wrestling alive while Vince was trying to mold it into his awful vision. I think it's pretty telling that as soon as Vince bought them out we got a run of terrible booking that pretty much lasted until he was basically forced to hand creative over to trips.

AEW has plenty of flaws (and i think everyone here knows I love to point them out) but we're in the midst of a mini wrestling renaissance/boom period pretty much because of them and as low as the lows can be, the highs are just as high or higher. After years of not being able to really enjoy wrestling because it was either Vince or indys with one or two worthwhile matches on the card I finally have something I can watch and enjoy the way I did growing up. I don't care for everyone on the card but that's always going to be the case, especially in a promotion like AEW that is kind of a buffet of styles, overall though it's a lot easier for me to watch and infinitely easier for me to stay engaged in. The wrestlers feel more authentic and like real people, I dont have to entirely suspend my disbelief or constantly remind myself that these characters only exist in an alternate reality to make the story make sense like you so often had to with Vince's world.

Obviously wrestling is always changing and evolving, but I think AEW is going to keep growing and hopefully getting better for the time being. If Tony ever learns how to be a real booker and not just a matchmaker then they have everything they need to succeed, and I'm hopeful that now that the biggest distraction is out of the way they can get back to focusing on the guys like MJF, hangman, and Darby who are really talented storytellers and maybe we can get a breakthrough push for guys like Swerve, Andrade, HoB, and Big Bill. Malakai needs a main event run for sure, and then you still have guys who dont need to be made like omega, BD, Christian, and Jericho who have some magic left in the tank to do some of the heavy lifting. There's also some dead heat that could be revived like dork order and lucha bros. The roster is insanely stacked, and now they have probably 20 minutes of TV time a week to fill. I see this as a chance to make the product better and closer to what it was like when they got hot in 2021. Hope its not just wasted on Tony's toybox specials.

Kevin Kelly needs to go though. He's pretty fuckin shit at his job (not to mention being a weak ass qanon nutsack) and doesn't seem to really be invested in the product. Shame Ian Rickyboner doesn't wanna work Saturdays, he even makes Nigel work for me.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1780 on: September 02, 2023, 08:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You say that like it's a bad thing... WCW might have shit the bed hard at the end but they were neck and neck with the fed for almost a decade after Turner came on board and if you trace the legacy back to Crockett then it becomes difficult to even define the impact it had. In a lot of ways WCW kept wrestling alive while Vince was trying to mold it into his awful vision. I think it's pretty telling that as soon as Vince bought them out we got a run of terrible booking that pretty much lasted until he was basically forced to hand creative over to trips.

AEW has plenty of flaws (and i think everyone here knows I love to point them out) but we're in the midst of a mini wrestling renaissance/boom period pretty much because of them and as low as the lows can be, the highs are just as high or higher. After years of not being able to really enjoy wrestling because it was either Vince or indys with one or two worthwhile matches on the card I finally have something I can watch and enjoy the way I did growing up. I don't care for everyone on the card but that's always going to be the case, especially in a promotion like AEW that is kind of a buffet of styles, overall though it's a lot easier for me to watch and infinitely easier for me to stay engaged in. The wrestlers feel more authentic and like real people, I dont have to entirely suspend my disbelief or constantly remind myself that these characters only exist in an alternate reality to make the story make sense like you so often had to with Vince's world.

Obviously wrestling is always changing and evolving, but I think AEW is going to keep growing and hopefully getting better for the time being. If Tony ever learns how to be a real booker and not just a matchmaker then they have everything they need to succeed, and I'm hopeful that now that the biggest distraction is out of the way they can get back to focusing on the guys like MJF, hangman, and Darby who are really talented storytellers and maybe we can get a breakthrough push for guys like Swerve, Andrade, HoB, and Big Bill. Malakai needs a main event run for sure, and then you still have guys who dont need to be made like omega, BD, Christian, and Jericho who have some magic left in the tank to do some of the heavy lifting. There's also some dead heat that could be revived like dork order and lucha bros. The roster is insanely stacked, and now they have probably 20 minutes of TV time a week to fill. I see this as a chance to make the product better and closer to what it was like when they got hot in 2021. Hope its not just wasted on Tony's toybox specials.

Kevin Kelly needs to go though. He's pretty fuckin shit at his job (not to mention being a weak ass qanon nutsack) and doesn't seem to really be invested in the product. Shame Ian Rickyboner doesn't wanna work Saturdays, he even makes Nigel work for me.

Not discrediting WCW but rather the end/demise. I grew up on WCW so I’m well aware of its time on the mountain top. I’m simply saying that AEW is young & they are already at a low point similar to WCW 99-2000. I remember Goldberg’s debut, WCW is how I became a Mysterio & Ultimo Dragon fan. More importantly Guerrero, Benoit, Booker T, The Lion Tamer & Henning. Hell, I liked Alex Wright, Malenko & Storm. But WCW had storylines & WWF/E does too. I guess AEW has one (?) but otherwise it’s a wildcard every week.

That’s all I’m saying.

Baglady

• Rep: -202
« Reply #1781 on: September 03, 2023, 06:28:27 AM »
What sucks is that jack perry is boring and isn’t entertaining at all with amateur style and awful on the mic. Cm punk is gone but glorifying this peon gets under my skin.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1782 on: September 03, 2023, 07:47:33 AM »
What sucks is that jack perry is boring and isn’t entertaining at all with amateur style and awful on the mic. Cm punk is gone but glorifying this peon gets under my skin.

But Dominik is cool?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1783 on: September 03, 2023, 08:17:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But Dominik is cool?

Dominik knows the industry and backstage etiquette better.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1784 on: September 03, 2023, 08:36:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

But Dominik is cool?
[close]

Dominik knows the industry and backstage etiquette better.

What back stage etiquette?   Don’t get attacked by an asshole?

Baglady

• Rep: -202
« Reply #1785 on: September 03, 2023, 10:03:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But Dominik is cool?
I ain’t ever said anything about Rey’s kid.
But he’s sort of entertaining with the help of the crowd.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1786 on: September 03, 2023, 10:31:44 AM »
Yeah Aussie open definitely fucks. They got a win on collision to get some heat back but it wasnt even against a team so I'm not sure how effective that is. I'm into it though. Its always cool when a team has a heavy guy and an athletic dude and I like the style..nice little hybrid of njpw/Indy shit with power moves and they do some pretty creative stuff.

Watched a little bit of payback (I had to, they're in Pittsburgh) and it was quite good. I didn't care for Graves shoehorning multiple Pittsburgh references into every fucking match - we get it dude, you grew up here - but the wrasslin was mostly good. Sami and KO pandering to the crowd with the Lemieux and Crosby jerseys worked like a charm on me but Im so fucking pissed they made Owens wipe the blood off and glued the cut closed when he got busted open brawling in the crowd. Like the first decent crimson mask I've seen from the fed in ages and they had to ruin it. They even put the highlights in black and white......so fuckin lame.

LA knight vs miz was exactly what we all expected it to be but that's not a bad thing. Cena trying to steal the spotlight was pretty on brand...at points it felt like it was more about him than LA knight and Miz.

Trish and Becky was another match that would have benefitted immensely from a little blood but they went super hard and had a great match so I'll give them their flowers for that. That bump on Trish's forehead was no joke. I dont know if it's just because Becky is really good or she just had a good night or what but Trish looked better than I ever remember her being back in the day, she was crisp and took some serious bumps. Probably my match of the night, makes it even more fucked up that they bumped them off SummerSlam in favor of that awful Ronda mma match.

Didn't watch the other matches.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1787 on: September 03, 2023, 07:25:38 PM »
Yeah Aussie open definitely fucks. They got a win on collision to get some heat back but it wasnt even against a team so I'm not sure how effective that is. I'm into it though. Its always cool when a team has a heavy guy and an athletic dude and I like the style..nice little hybrid of njpw/Indy shit with power moves and they do some pretty creative stuff.

Watched a little bit of payback (I had to, they're in Pittsburgh) and it was quite good. I didn't care for Graves shoehorning multiple Pittsburgh references into every fucking match - we get it dude, you grew up here - but the wrasslin was mostly good. Sami and KO pandering to the crowd with the Lemieux and Crosby jerseys worked like a charm on me but Im so fucking pissed they made Owens wipe the blood off and glued the cut closed when he got busted open brawling in the crowd. Like the first decent crimson mask I've seen from the fed in ages and they had to ruin it. They even put the highlights in black and white......so fuckin lame.

LA knight vs miz was exactly what we all expected it to be but that's not a bad thing. Cena trying to steal the spotlight was pretty on brand...at points it felt like it was more about him than LA knight and Miz.

Trish and Becky was another match that would have benefitted immensely from a little blood but they went super hard and had a great match so I'll give them their flowers for that. That bump on Trish's forehead was no joke. I dont know if it's just because Becky is really good or she just had a good night or what but Trish looked better than I ever remember her being back in the day, she was crisp and took some serious bumps. Probably my match of the night, makes it even more fucked up that they bumped them off SummerSlam in favor of that awful Ronda mma match.

Didn't watch the other matches.

Watched the whole pay per view; the match of the night was definitely Lynch & Stratus. Ripley match vs Roderiguez was lackluster & silent at times as the crowd was not into it. Rollins VS Nakamura was okay but Rollins beat him clean, no cash in, nothing to further extend the storyline which was a tad frustrating. Well done Becky & Trish. Always looooove when the Women’s division dominates, let alone dominates a PPV.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1788 on: September 03, 2023, 10:53:06 PM »
Punk May be gone, but All Out proved Starks, OC, Hobbs, Miro, Takeshita, and sorta BC Gold are main event talents ready for the main event scene.   

I get people not liking FTR and I missed out on their peak NXT days against DIY, but one or two of their NXT matches against Undisputed Era was so fucking good that it made me really love and appreciate tag team wrestling as I was getting back into things that I can’t ever truly dislike them.    NXT just had that nice 80s Fed thing of never giving away much on their weekly shows so gimmicks or matches never got exhausted the way they can when you see them every week

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1789 on: September 04, 2023, 12:56:39 AM »
Has anyone watched this channel yet? I havent watched any wrestling for like 20 or more years. I like to see what these guys are up to now.

https://www.youtube.com/@SnakePitPod

Also one i found to be crazy even if embellished.

🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #1790 on: September 04, 2023, 05:59:26 PM »
Popping in to say that I concur re: Becky and Trish at Payback. Such a great match, even crazier when you realize Trish is pushing 50. The superplex was epic. @Sativa Lung I was thinking the same thing as well about Trish; imagine how good her matches would have been during her first run in the company if the women's division existed back then.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1791 on: September 04, 2023, 08:49:55 PM »
Trish vs. Becky was for sure my favorite wrestling moment of the week. The All Out crowd chanting “meat forever” during Hobbs vs. Miro was a close second.

I’ve been rooting for CM Punk since his return, but man, I’m honestly glad Tony Khan pulled the trigger. I’m mostly annoyed at Punk for not letting me enjoy a strong CM Punk run because he kept sabotaging it every time he had momentum. Constant buildups and letdowns.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1792 on: September 04, 2023, 10:02:08 PM »
Trish vs. Becky was for sure my favorite wrestling moment of the week. The All Out crowd chanting “meat forever” during Hobbs vs. Miro was a close second.

I’ve been rooting for CM Punk since his return, but man, I’m honestly glad Tony Khan pulled the trigger. I’m mostly annoyed at Punk for not letting me enjoy a strong CM Punk run because he kept sabotaging it every time he had momentum. Constant buildups and letdowns.

Same re: Punk and he kept sabotaging the company too, overshadowing many of their greatest nights. 

I just hope AEW goes back to getting along behind the scenes.   That’s what made it so endearing in the first place (though I know it’ll never quite get back to those year 1-2 levels of camaraderie).   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1793 on: September 06, 2023, 02:18:46 AM »
Has anyone watched this channel yet? I havent watched any wrestling for like 20 or more years. I like to see what these guys are up to now.

https://www.youtube.com/@SnakePitPod

Also one i found to be crazy even if embellished.

There's enough stories about Haku/Meng that have been corroborated by like dozens of people over the years that I'm inclined to say it's not as embellished as human nature leads us to believe. A massive, roided out, drunk (and likely coked up) Tongan is probably one of the worst people I can think of to pick a fight with. It's up there with the guy who tried to fight the big show in a bar and got the side of his head caved in.

Watched the whole pay per view; the match of the night was definitely Lynch & Stratus. Ripley match vs Roderiguez was lackluster & silent at times as the crowd was not into it. Rollins VS Nakamura was okay but Rollins beat him clean, no cash in, nothing to further extend the storyline which was a tad frustrating. Well done Becky & Trish. Always looooove when the Women’s division dominates, let alone dominates a PPV.

Yeah I watched naka vs Rollins while I was waiting for all out to start. They're both good and the crowd was into it but there was nothing special or standout about it. Just another Rollins match. When was the last time Nakamura got a big win?

All out was ok but it kinda just felt like a 2021 dynamite a lot of the time which is what I was afraid of. Shout out to the guy with the "Tony Khan just cured cancer" sign though.

Ruby sucks pretty bad and not even Stat's beautiful powerhouse ass could rescue it. Ruby runs like a scared toddler and everything is herky jerky. It's like every spot has to be like broken down into individual movements for her to do it.

Starks and Danielson was quite good. Some vicious shit in there and I thought Steamer was a pleasant surprise on the mic. His spot was well done too, dude still throws a mean chop. I feel like they could have chopped about 5 minutes out in the middle but that's most BD matches... the finish sequence was pretty good and Danielson was really in his element when he took over. My favorite match of the night.

Kingston and Shibata wasnt as bad as I thinking it would be but it wasn't good. Kingston is actually decent when he just does suplexes and power moves but he somehow doesn't have the gas tank to be a powerhouse. Yuta doing little yip yip yip noises during his mounted punches actually made me laugh out loud...why does BCC have a twink again?

Takeshita and Kenny was good but had the same "I feel like I've seen this before" thing as FTR and the bucks.

The 8 man match in particular felt like both a dynamite match and a time filler. The smarky fans trying to take it over didn't help either. I did pop for the stumpy Gunn screaming "oh shit" when he got tossed up in the air on the shatter machine though.

Moxley vs OC for the third most important belt in the company is a pretty underwhelming main event and felt like one of those matches Tony would make to try to get people to watch rampage one week. The blood was a bit much after last weekend and the strap match. I know they think they're pulling a gotcha by having OC bleed but not Moxley, but that's pretty much missing the point of the criticism.

Will Moxley please take his fucking vacation already? Really over seeing him on every. fucking. show. and it's only going to be worse now.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1794 on: September 07, 2023, 09:08:57 AM »
I agree that All Out just looked like it could have been one of the Dynamite Supercard shows, or even if they put it on TNT on a Sunday night it could have been fine. I wasn't trying to pay $50 for it, although I did want to spend the money just so AEW didn't think people weren't buying because CM Punk was gone.

Looking forward to Swerve v. Hangman. Prince Nana is growing on me.

Roderick Strong putting the neck brace back on after his match was pretty funny.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1795 on: September 07, 2023, 09:16:37 AM »
That Joe-MJF interaction was great.

I may have to make my 2nd Arthur Ashe Stadium trip this month to check out AEW Grand Slam in 2 weeks.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1796 on: September 08, 2023, 01:32:59 PM »

I may have to make my 2nd Arthur Ashe Stadium trip this month to check out AEW Grand Slam in 2 weeks.

You go watch some US Open or just went there to skate?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1797 on: September 08, 2023, 05:11:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You go watch some US Open or just went there to skate?

I went to the U.S. Open on Monday. Caught Alcaraz at Ashe.

I go to the U.S. Open every year for the last 15 years (with the exception of 2020, for obvious reasons)

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1798 on: September 09, 2023, 05:57:40 AM »
Got my ticket for a grand slam. Those tickets are ridiculously cheap, I paid $30 for what would’ve been an over $200 US open seat.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1799 on: September 09, 2023, 04:04:01 PM »
I agree that All Out just looked like it could have been one of the Dynamite Supercard shows, or even if they put it on TNT on a Sunday night it could have been fine. I wasn't trying to pay $50 for it, although I did want to spend the money just so AEW didn't think people weren't buying because CM Punk was gone.

Looking forward to Swerve v. Hangman. Prince Nana is growing on me.

Roderick Strong putting the neck brace back on after his match was pretty funny.

Yeah swerve and hanger are two of the best talents they have and way more deserving of the spotlight than Punk and his vanity belt. Let those be the dudes who carry your shows, that's what got people hyped on them in the first place. That and MJF vs Joe would have both been very high on my list if I was given control of the toybox so needless to say I'm stoked to see how this plays out.

To put on my fantasy booker hat for a moment I think the money would be in a double turn of MJF and Cole (Cole betrays MJF which sends him completely over the edge and back to his evil heel ways, but Cole doesnt win the belt), then have Hangman be the one who steps up to stop the bloodshed and get the belt back. Imagine his handsome ass riding into the stadium on a white horse to save the day with his awesome morricone-esque theme blasting... dudes the ultimate Babyface.

I watched a little bit of Victory Road last night and it was...mixed. I haven't really watched TNA/impact/global force etc since the Perc Angle days so i didn't know what to expect...it's kinda like a step above an Indy but not quite what it used to be. The wrestling was ok but the production was a bit low budget... the themes sound like someone made them on their phone and the ring was mic'ed in a way that you could clearly hear them calling spots.

The main reason I watched it was for the Black Taurus match though...ever since Flairs last match I can't get enough of that dude. Possibly the coolest luchador I've seen since La Parka. Short arm snap power slams are such a sick move. Too bad they had him against Crazy Steve who is one of those shitty unoriginal gimmicks that they've been so fond of over the years (looking at you rellik).

Got my ticket for a grand slam. Those tickets are ridiculously cheap, I paid $30 for what would’ve been an over $200 US open seat.

Nice. Have they announced anything other than Jericho vs Guevara (please let Jericho go over) and the stupid eliminator tourney final that's almost certainly going to be Samoa Joe vs MJF?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 08:26:31 PM by Sativa Lung »